PDA

View Full Version : Why is RS so popular?

Rart
08-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm really not that into DDL but I'm curious as to why RS seems like such a force in the DDL market.

So many other sites I have used (albeit I don't DL very often) don't have wait times, don't restrict the download amounts, ect. and just seem to be far more beneficial. I remember when I used to play WoW I would watch pvp videos and filefront, where most of them are hosted, have no wait times/restrictions at all.

What does RS have going for it?

antrax34130
08-27-2009, 10:22 AM
speed is best :)

esco123
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
was one for the first file hosting sites of its kind, so has the head start, is reliable compared with other services, its speed is decent but only for premium users can this be achieved and experienced, can do remote uploads, which means alot of content upped on to there.

iLOVENZB
08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
RS was reasonable with their download limits so people used them as a host, now they've exploited their popularity and you're all screwed because of it.

Ronnie Coleman
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
RS is very popular amongst one who don't like to share. Because, when you download content from RS servers, you don't need to seed.

It is fast and reliable. It isn't so expansive to pay for premium account.

On the other side - I don't like to pay for pirated material, I don't like to use JDownloader and similar 3rd party apps (uTorrent is OS regarding quality of those apps...). Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS. And if you do, it will never be better than KG, Secret Cinema and Cinemageddon.

Few trackers are enough, while if you are RS user, you need a lot of forums and blogs...

apextwin146
08-27-2009, 11:56 AM
RS is very popular amongst one who don't like to share. Because, when you download content from RS servers, you don't need to seed.

On the other side - I don't like to pay for pirated material, I don't like to use JDownloader and similar 3rd party apps (uTorrent is OS regarding quality of those apps...). Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS. And if you do, it will never be better than KG, Secret Cinema and Cinemageddon.

Few trackers are enough, while if you are RS user, you need a lot of forums and blogs...
You are obviously stupid to the core .. Try to keep up with RS/HTTP downloading man ... The only reason RS is popular is cuz of the wide variety of content that is available on its servers ..
more to it but just google it :dabs:

Funkin'
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS.

:blink:

$SnoopDo2G$
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM

RapidSHARE was designed to share lol....
And i can tell you RS is used in many communities where people LOVE
to share omg.... it's not about to seed or whatever, but on RS u upload once
and then SHARE !
LOL i uploaded a couple of movies that KG needed back then and grabbed those from RS links ahahah, and no you don't need many blogs/forums to find good RS links
that's all bulshit !!!

Some people obviously don't know what they talkin' about lol.... funny shit ! :lol:
RS is popular because of the game the points and the e-fame lol
it's a whole comedy ahahah but it's FUN to use for real !

The main reason for me why RS is popular is because they have been around
and showed that they can keep your files longer than any other host
and still having the best speed in the world compare to any other
public host... some people have scripts nowadays that when a link is snitched
and gets down it gets automatically re-upped ;)
i know a couple of third party sites that use that method and your links live almost forever :D

sotamarsu
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
It's popular because everyone knows rapidshare so they think it's good.
It's like ghetto alternative for newsgroups for example.

JabbaWockee
08-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Well, why has RS remained popular than other sites like MU, especially after the crappy and crappier daily limits?

ploopsy
08-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Cause it uses a timer to prevent abuse instead of a human confirmation. So if you had to grab some cds overnight you can drop the links into JDOWNLOADER (awsome program). Jdownloader can do the waiting to click a box and download stuff for you.

JabbaWockee
08-30-2009, 01:11 AM
I meant, the daily caps for premium service...

SilverBlade
08-30-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm wondering this myself. For about half a year now, rapidshare has been rapidcrap for me. The downloads crap out after 2 minutes. It's completely unreliable. No way am I going to pay for a premium service when their 'free' service is junk.

james223
08-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Rapidshare was great before the bad limits came in. I used to download full Xbox 360 rips in an hour. Was great. But since all these new rules have come into place with their daily limits I've turned away from it. It was an alternative to private torrent sites for me and RS had some stuff that is not always available else where.

I guess its so popular because it was one of the first ones of its kind. It became the standard in DDL.

TheKarateKitt
08-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Rapidshare was great before the bad limits came in.

^^ What he said. Also, why is it so popular and why do so many use it? It was the early lead. Also, Points system? Really gay. B/c I'm sure most aren't premium users, so this benefits no one in particular except the uploaders. MU + Storage.To FTW

Sonnentier
08-30-2009, 10:17 PM
It has tons of storage and connectivity. Unless reported, all files will stay online with global conditions.
Other hosts become slow over time (when getting popular) or lose files unexpectedly, have no/less reputation.

mee2wo
08-31-2009, 01:45 AM
My RS premium account ends in a few days,is their any better alternatives to RS,or should l just renew my acount ?

Rart
08-31-2009, 04:29 AM
I would personally recommend usenet, I have been recently learning alot about it from this forum and it seems pretty nice :).

However, you seem like you're pretty well set from your userbar, you could just skip paying for anything all together.

mee2wo
08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah,l don't need it but l download a lot of Hi Def,and keeping it & seeding back takes up alot HDD space.So l use RS & Trackers.

I will look into usenet.

beansis
09-06-2009, 06:13 AM
its popular because its popular, so everyone uses it
unless you pay for premium it's really not all that great, especially compared to mediafire
the problem is that pretty much everyone uploads to rs . . .

Cabalo
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS.

:blink::blink::blink:
you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
no tracker is better than a good warez board. only demonoid can get slightly near.

miranda
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS.

no tracker is better than a good warez board. only demonoid can get slightly near.

Ugh, do you have a premium acc?.If not then no.

Cabalo
09-06-2009, 11:24 PM

Ugh, do you have a premium acc?.If not then no.
you don't need a premium account to get access to all the contents :blink:
neither one to download hefty files, just some simple applications that queue your links and automatize the whole process.
yes, rapidshare rules.

beansis
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
yes, rapidshare rules.

Except its either slow or expensive . . . its rapidshitty

Cabalo
09-07-2009, 01:13 AM
yes, rapidshare rules.

Except its either slow or expensive . . . its rapidshitty
it's as expensive as torrents are.

mee2wo
09-07-2009, 01:35 AM
I contemplated trying something else but decided to stay with RS

Arch
09-07-2009, 04:04 AM
fast releases and unlimited bandwith

beansis
09-07-2009, 06:45 AM
it's as expensive as torrents are.

I was comparing it to other file hosting networks. imo rs is by far the worst

I dont have premium with any dd host but from megaupload, mediafire, and hotfile i get download speeds of up 2mb/s on a wireless connection

rs gets me bout . . . 150kb/s, 260kb/s max - thats about a day and a half for a 4gb movie, including the waiting time between downloads:blink:

rapidshit

Ronnie Coleman
09-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Demonoid isn't good tracker. According to my paramethers. And there is no such a warez board with old/specific/banned/independent movies like Karagarga, Secret Cinema and Cinemageddon.

On ONE place. That is all that matters to me. I have no time to run across billion internet boards to find some specific content...

But, after all, it is all matter of one's taste and needs. :)