PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why you SHOULDN'T be in the scene

iLOVENZB
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
In no order:

Politics - no need to explain.
Trust - because of insecurity you're never trusted.
Freedom - You're idle on IRC for most of the day - you can't spend.
Quality, the scene isn't the holy grail and the standards need a huge update.

That's all I can think of

/sleep

Benjamin
08-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Okay why not just post this in the other scene thread?

iLOVENZB
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Okay why not just post this in the other scene thread?

Which one might you be referring to?

Cut-Copy-Paste
08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
In no order:

Dats the biggest point. I waste nearly hours every day for scene and torrents and At night i really feel like kicking myself for doing it

iLOVENZB
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
In no order:

Dats the biggest point. I waste nearly hours every day for scene and torrents and At night i really feel like kicking myself for doing it

Yep especially when you skip hrs sleep to just rip something first :shutup:

djerholler69
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I guess if its for a passion, it would not exactly be wasting hours. Also think about the many people that would benefit from your work! :D

lukee
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Haha so true. I remember those days pretty well. Torrents and the scene kept me in front of my computer for ages. Now I just chill on sct, what and hdbits.org. They get me the stuff I want. Usenet too. I love usenet.

The scene is defenetly not the holy grail lmao. I have been on some pretty huge sites and they arent that great.

DanielleD87
09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Politics - no need to explain.
yes!

Trust - because of insecurity you're never trusted.
True. It took me a number of years to adjust when I joined trackers to let myself go and trust me a lot more.

This is only in the beginning. If you set everything up right everything can be automated and there is no issue. Also, you can setup IRC to be forwarded through a BNC to act like IM so you're not wasting time on channels watching people chat but talking to people 1 to 1 like IM.

Everything in the scene is suppose to be a sample. The lower quality is intentional and even then how much lower? Hardly noticed. Going through p2p you often get more shit than you do people who know what they are talking about.

lukee
09-03-2009, 06:59 AM
yes!

other shit you wrote here

100% agreed. But you still spend hours on the PC by nature. The quality argument is bullshit as well. First of all that only applies to certain types of releases" Video (excluding WEBXXX) and audio (excluding WEB releases). The rest (apps, games, imagesets etc.) don't apply to this because the scene already releases these at their best quality.

iLOVENZB
09-03-2009, 09:59 AM

This is only in the beginning. If you set everything up right everything can be automated and there is no issue. Also, you can setup IRC to be forwarded through a BNC to act like IM so you're not wasting time on channels watching people chat but talking to people 1 to 1 like IM.

Everything in the scene is suppose to be a sample. The lower quality is intentional and even then how much lower? Hardly noticed. Going through p2p you often get more shit than you do people who know what they are talking about.

1. I wish I knew that back then ;)

2. Some one time p2p groups I don't download from, because they don't know what they're doing. Groups like DEViSE, KingBen, SecretMyth etc I trust.

aXXo/FXG are mainstream groups and I tend to not download from them. Long movies should be 2 CD releases (1.4GB) not 900MB.

Sadly if you're on a (private) tracker than scene releases are what boosts your ratio

yes!

other shit you wrote here

... The quality argument is bullshit as well. First of all that only applies to certain types of releases" Video (excluding WEBXXX) and audio (excluding WEB releases). The rest (apps, games, imagesets etc.) don't apply to this because the scene already releases these at their best quality.

+1, but DCP litteraly own comic scans :01:. The scene are slow when it comes to 0day comics and then they use PDF <FAIL!

captive
09-12-2009, 12:23 PM
The Scene has been in decline for a while. Its totally insecure and full of nutters who think the scene is the most important thing in the world.

its just a bunch of ftp servers sending crap to each other and bloated with self importance.

i co started a scene grp and got out while i had my sanity, long live torrents and ng, sanity prevails in them. :p

nrdgalor
09-23-2009, 01:01 AM
the scene is funny like that. been around since bbs days and there has always been a scene. once you've tasted the sweet nectar of the scene and its perks, you love/hate the scene...:D got to love high bandwidth now days, and cable with 50/10 pipes...:w00t:

iLOVENZB
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM

sez
10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
The Scene has been in decline for a while. Its totally insecure and full of nutters who think the scene is the most important thing in the world.

its just a bunch of ftp servers sending crap to each other and bloated with self importance.

i co started a scene grp and got out while i had my sanity, long live torrents and ng, sanity prevails in them. :p

they discovered you were P2P then banned you right?

captive
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM

they discovered you were P2P then banned you right?

no not right actually. the guy i started the grp with wanted to expand, affil on more sites/get more members/pre more releases just not the genre we started with so i said i wasnt happy with it.

in my view staying close nit and a bit more exclusive with where we affiled, who we let in the grp and what we pred was good for the grp but more important was alot more secure, specially these days. he thought different, so i got out.

which was the smart move i rekon.

coastin
10-08-2009, 05:31 AM
i only like the rips that hav periods in the file names those are awesome

blong579
10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
ok can some one define scene for me. ive been into downloading since warez sites, napster and winmx. ive all ways thought it was some group of guys like global that uploaded content and was trusted by most people.:mellow:

coastin
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah its fools like rns, ragemp3, devise, diamond, deity. ya know

leftyg3
10-15-2009, 03:08 AM
sorry, can you explain what "the scene" is?

Cabalo
10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez_scene

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
the title should be "Reasons why you SHOULD be in the Scene"

and the first post should say "There are none"

:P

pone44
10-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Then how will filesharing/P2P go on? What are the other resource's are there? Bt benefits from scene releases except a few that are internal groups.

the title should be "Reasons why you SHOULD be in the Scene"

and the first post should say "There are none"

:P

kooltilldend
10-18-2009, 12:05 PM
well those who are in the Scene got there due to specific connections and so on...for most average people, getting in the Scene (and staying there) is far more effort than the amount we can actually provide as part of the Scene in return

i.e. I mean for average users, getting into the Scene is just not worth the effort imo

and if you are indeed good enough...then you'll be found anyways so it kinda goes both ways

UsenetGuy
10-22-2009, 06:38 AM
There are many reasons not to be in the scene. I've been on a few sites and many nukenet/dupenet's.. after a while you start to see what its really like. No one trusts you and you can't trust them either, they do stuff behind your back.. you think they are your friends but they are not.

It is amazing how dumb some of the people I met are (and how they even got to the scene in the first place). There were some people I met where I just could not understand how their mind worked.

Only good thing would be that occasionally you meet someone who is actually decent, not a retard and is in it for the same reason as you. Someone that you could actually hold a conversation with! :P