PDA

View Full Version : Ie Won't Maximise Fully

RedRival
10-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know why IE doens't maximise fully??

It seems like the bottom part of the IE browser has just been cut off and everytime i maximise it, there will be the top part of it missing, revealing the desktop.

I find this increasingly annoying, and I can't find out what I did to cause this.
Firstly I cant see my status bar because that part's practically sliced off, even if I prompted for it to work.

This si weird, becoz it only happens on IE, eveything else maximizes properly.
Does anyone know how I can fix my IE browser to maximise properly again?

asmithz
10-03-2003, 09:59 PM
F11 i think get Opera its the best and it can expand to full screen.

downloader2008
10-03-2003, 10:07 PM
I've had this happen to me once, however I do not know how to fix it. I would like to find this out for myself too. Luckily it just fixed itsself back to normal!

RedRival
10-04-2003, 07:31 AM
it's got nothing to do with f11...

the normal maximise mode just wouldn't maximise.

and, yes, it has automatically fixed itself already...

man i just did a fresh install of windows after a full reformat and I encouner gay problems like this.

i hate to say this, but installing norton antivirus 2004 is the worst thing i ever did, lag my comp and what a resource hogger.

internet security is such a hassle. :angry:

downloader2008
10-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@4 October 2003 - 02:31
it's got nothing to do with f11...

the normal maximise mode just wouldn't maximise.

and, yes, it has automatically fixed itself already...

man i just did a fresh install of windows after a full reformat and I encouner gay problems like this.

i hate to say this, but installing norton antivirus 2004 is the worst thing i ever did, lag my comp and what a resource hogger.

internet security is such a hassle. :angry:
Almost all Norton home products lag your system that's why I stopped using it since the 2002 version. ;) If I were you, I'd use AVG AV or Norton Corperate Edition.

muchspl2
10-04-2003, 04:47 PM
avg get a thumbs up

Mik3ll
10-04-2003, 05:19 PM
do you have the start bar on a different part of the screen other then the bottom?

RedRival
10-04-2003, 06:39 PM
i can't remember but it's as though the entire IE broswer was shifted down to the bottom of the screen in maximised mode.

Newayz I did another reformat and the browser is doing good.

i'm looking into getting opera and AVG anti-virus anytime soon, after I resolve the problem of my missing gpedit.msc. :angry: