PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy

showstopper496
10-03-2003, 10:02 PM
A friend of mine recently lent me the Family Guy DVD set. After watching all of the episodes, I must say that it is the funniest show I have ever seen. It's really too bad that it's not on anymore.

How many people here watch this show? What are you thoughts on it?

TheDave
10-03-2003, 10:05 PM
i think its cool sometimes a simpsons beater. i think they show it on winamp tv

Cygnuz-Y
10-03-2003, 10:18 PM
hahahahahah :lol: that show is super funny, like the stupidest jokes ever, but DAMN funny!!!!

this are the writers of the show http://www.ableparents.org/images/family_guy_-_computer_monkeys.jpg

Jayhawk
10-03-2003, 10:29 PM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/yes.gif

DarthInsinuate
10-03-2003, 11:13 PM
i like the random fight scenes, its like the writers can't think of any jokes so they just get Pete to beat up a chicken

Wolfmight
10-03-2003, 11:16 PM
http://www.topthemes.com/animesncartoons/stewielogo.jpg
I think stewie is the funniest , besides peter of course

tarzan
10-03-2003, 11:17 PM
hah the chicken fight is in the y2k doomsday show
the coolest of the series imho

Busyman
10-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by showstopper496@3 October 2003 - 22:02
A friend of mine recently lent me the Family Guy DVD set. After watching all of the episodes, I must say that it is the funniest show I have ever seen. It's really too bad that it's not on anymore.

How many people here watch this show? What are you thoughts on it?
I agree.
This kicks the Simpsons in the ass.
I think Futurama is better than the Simpsons.
The reason the show never stayed on the air (at least on FOX) was because

it was a cartoon----------so kids were drawn to it before adults
it had adult oriented material--------------so kids didn't get most of the jokes
Simpsons had a heavy following

Now Family Guy is part of Adult Swim on The Cartoon Network
Seth McFarlane will possibly get new shows for 2004 (not sure what network)
I got Volume 1 (seasons 1 & 2) and Volume 2 (season 3)
It&#39;s a shame there are no new shows now though <_<

toco004
10-04-2003, 12:34 AM
there is new shows

3rd gen noob
10-04-2003, 12:37 AM
imo, the simpsons is easily the best cartoon ever
futurama would be second, and to be honest, i wouldn&#39;t even rate family guy
i&#39;ve watched a few episodes and i just couldn&#39;t get into it, i suppose

dingoBaby
10-04-2003, 01:43 AM
That was some of the first stuff I download with KLite. I love all the random pop culture references. Like the theme for the Quahog parade: The time Tony sees Angela naked in the shower on Who&#39;s the Boss or the time Peter plays poker with his father-in-law, Bill Gates, Ted Turner, and Michael Eisner (and they all hate Turner because he always wins). Brilliant stuff.

stonecold1203
10-04-2003, 02:26 AM
I want to watch this show.

robotfightin'time
10-04-2003, 02:55 AM
You guys all realize that family guy is still on cartoon network at night during adult swim. It is the greatest show ever. Ultra 1337. lol.

Busyman
10-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by robotfightin&#39;time@4 October 2003 - 02:55
You guys all realize that family guy is still on cartoon network at night during adult swim.&nbsp; It is the greatest show ever.&nbsp; Ultra 1337.&nbsp; lol.
Uhhh yeah man that&#39;s been posted already.

@toco

The shows on Cartoon Network are not new.

Hey 3rd Gen how old are you and what country are you from?

Kitty
10-04-2003, 03:21 AM
I think I spent most of my day off downloading Family Guy shows&#33; I never did understand why they took it off Fox. :angry:
I would have to go Family Guy...The Simpsons..and then maybe Futurama...Not a really big fan of that one.

Busyman
10-04-2003, 03:37 AM
I noticed that The Simpsons is more universal while
Family Guy AND Futurama are full of references to American TV and politics.

If a foreigner hasn&#39;t seen the American TV shows or watch American news then someone from another country won&#39;t fully enjoy the latter shows.

Another prime example in America was the movie Don&#39;t Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
To FULLY enjoy this movie and get the jokes you would have had to see these movies:

Higher Learning
South Central
Boyz N&#39; The Hood
Juice
Menace To Society
9 1/2 Weeks
Coolie High
Do The Right Thing
Poetic Justice
and more

(it also helped if you were black or at the very least white and watched alot of rap videos) :lol:

DarthInsinuate
10-04-2003, 10:52 AM
i think over the years Simpsons has dumbed down, or the writers have just run out of ideas - but the jokes seem to consist mostly of Homer being set on fire or shot

I haven&#39;t seen many Family Guy episodes though, its hardly ever on, damn my modem

Oooh yeah, giggidy giggidy, oooooh yeah
http://www.stewiesminions.com/characters/pics/quagmire.jpg

muchspl2
10-04-2003, 11:02 AM
yep I like family guy & the evil monkey&#33;&#33;&#33;
<-
[thread jack]

who&#39;s the daddy
The creator of cult animated comedy Family Guy has been commissioned to make a new show in the States

Fox, which unceremoniously dumped Seth MacFarlane&#39;s first series last year, has now ordered a pilot episode of American Dad.

And if executives like it, the show could launch as early as autumn 2004.

The show will revolve around a right-wing CIA agent and his wife, their two kids (including a liberal daughter), a housebound alien and a French-speaking goldfish.

As with Family Guy, MacFarlane plans to provide several of the voices, in addition to enlisting other vocal talents.

Fox&#39;s Craig Erwich told Hollywood bible Variety: "Animated comedy is a part of our brand, and has been for a long time. You&#39;ve got to make sure you&#39;ve got the next ones in the pipeline -- not that the shows we have now are going anywhere."

MacFarlane added: "The dynamic is very much All in the Family, with a left-wing daughter who&#39;s constantly clashing with her father. It&#39;s a great time to be doing a show like this, because it&#39;s such a politically charged period that&#39;s ripe for satire."

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/sept03/dad.html
[/thread jack]

Wolfmight
10-04-2003, 02:28 PM
http://www.fox.com/familyguy/moments/images/momentspic02.gif
Brian is quite funny too

http://www.fox.com/familyguy/moments/images/momentspic05.jpg
Stewie is allways at war with him

3rd gen noob
10-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@4 October 2003 - 03:01
Hey 3rd Gen how old are you and what country are you from?
18 from Scotland...

Busyman
10-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@4 October 2003 - 03:37
I noticed that The Simpsons is more universal while
Family Guy AND Futurama are full of references to American TV and politics.

If a foreigner hasn&#39;t seen the American TV shows or watch American news then someone from another country won&#39;t fully enjoy the latter shows.

Another prime example in America was the movie Don&#39;t Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
To FULLY enjoy this movie and get the jokes you would have had to see these movies:

Higher Learning
South Central
Boyz N&#39; The Hood
Juice
Menace To Society
9 1/2 Weeks
Coolie High
Do The Right Thing
Poetic Justice
and more

(it also helped if you were black or at the very least white and watched alot of rap videos) :lol:
18 years old from Scotland? This is probably why it&#39;s hard to get into Family Guy. It makes references to alot of OLD American TV shows. So when they make a joke on the show referencing the show One Day At A Time your&#39;re like :blink:
and it&#39;s understandable.

sperminator
10-05-2003, 12:10 AM
I&#39;m also from Scotland and i am 17 ...and i understand Family Guy fully.......its by far the best cartoon ...better than simpsons,futurama,south park n so on

DarthInsinuate
10-05-2003, 12:30 AM
I don&#39;t get half the jokes but its still funny

sampson
10-05-2003, 12:51 AM
I watch Family Guy everynight@ ten after work :D

scribblec
10-05-2003, 01:22 AM
to me it goes
futurama
family guy
south park
then simpsons
even though simpsons is funny it has become quite boring

ScotchGuy
10-05-2003, 02:28 AM
I noticed people were making references towards Family Guy&#39;s um, references to American Pop Culture and such. A great example of this is when at the beginning of an episode it shows Stewie looking through the fridge and he goes:

"Hmm lets see here, we&#39;ve got soda....purple stuff... ALL RIGHT, SUNNY D&#33;"

It was very funny, if only I could remember what episode that was.

Busyman
10-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@5 October 2003 - 02:28
I noticed people were making references towards Family Guy&#39;s um, references to American Pop Culture and such. A great example of this is when at the beginning of an episode it shows Stewie looking through the fridge and he goes:

"Hmm lets see here, we&#39;ve got soda....purple stuff... ALL RIGHT, SUNNY D&#33;"

It was very funny, if only I could remember what episode that was.
I do remember it&#39;s one of the first seven (first season)