PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Asylum

tesco
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I can't believe there's no thread for this game yet.
It looks amazing and gets great reviews.
I just played the demo last night and immediately ordered the game.

Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjrszD19gzQ

What do others think of this game?

Skiz
08-29-2009, 04:29 PM
That does look badass. I'm downloading the demo now.

tesco
08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
That does look badass. I'm downloading the demo now.
The predator missions are great. I just played the demo through again and found it just as tense as the first time I did it.

SonsOfLiberty
08-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow, you guys are slow, I'm at the last boss battle, the game probably has at least 30-40 hours gameplay if you do the Riddlers challanges, and YES THIS GAME IS BAD ASS! I highly recommend this game and I don't very often ( do I Tesco, well Fallout 3 is a must, I repeat a must with all DLC's installed, 180 hours and going strong!)...so yes, get the Batman game, you won't regret it, I'll being going a second time to complete the Riddlers crap and some are insanley hard to find, that is all Batman out.

I'm not a online gamer to say the least, but the features this game has for online componets are crazy, one guy beat some predator mission in like 28 seconds (guys with guns sneaking killing them, very very hard) and there were at least 10 guys with guns, guys with guns in Batman mow you down in seconds to say the least more than 2 minutes for me, I'm a slow leaner. I upgraded all the armor before anything else, 'cause I'm run n gun and ask questions later :lol:

I finally got the freeflow combo of 20+ consecutive hits, that's fun, and party pooper (you'll know when you see it :lol:)...and the comobo's are fun even if you do the same ones...

I will say it's the funniest game for 360 since, well, since I don't even know when, last year maybe? Fallout 3 hint, hint, it released in October.

tesco
08-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Funniest? Or did you mean to say funnest (:lol: funnest)?

And I still haven't finished fallout 3 yet. I've tried to over and over but I just can't really get into it. :( It's a shame because it seems to be a really long game and it has a lot of story to it.

Anyway back on batman. :P

colt45joe
08-29-2009, 10:13 PM
waiting for pc version.

{I}{K}{E}
08-30-2009, 07:32 AM
I have this awesome game for the PS3.
some Riddler challenges are really hard to find :P got 94 so far
I finished 'The Penitentiary' yesterday.

SonsOfLiberty
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I have this awesome game for the PS3.
some Riddler challenges are really hard to find :P got 94 so far
I finished 'The Penitentiary' yesterday.

I had half before I got to the final battle....hint, if you can't figure it out zoom in and do it, didn't realize to zoom for the Riddleer stuff. I don't feal like back tracking for them all, so just going through it again real quick.

In case some of those riddles are pissing you off (some have been for me, but I didn't back track much in the first play though either and still wond up with 153 out 250.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/batman-arkham-asylum-riddler-guide/a-2009082614217603032

Note: after you "beat the final boss" you can still choose to continjue and keep playing and back track for the secrets,riddles, etc......

Funniest? Or did you mean to say funnest (:lol: funnest)?

And I still haven't finished fallout 3 yet. I've tried to over and over but I just can't really get into it. :( It's a shame because it seems to be a really long game and it has a lot of story to it.

Anyway back on batman. :P

:lol: ya know what I meant.

Have you even got out of the "Vault" yet in Fallout? If not at least get out and then see the true magnitude.

tesco
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Have you even got out of the "Vault" yet in Fallout? If not at least get out and then see the true magnitude.
I am out.
I've been to megaton, and that ship city that I can't remember the name of, plus a little bit of exploring other areas.

I know it's a large game, that's why I said it's too bad I couldn't get into it. :lol:

SonsOfLiberty
09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Large, that's and under estimate :lol:

It's as big as GTAIV or San Andreas....if not bigger..

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_map

And about another 20-30 un marked locations...and the only thing I hate about travling is going through the subway systems, confusing as hell, at least they gave you fast travel which helps a tone...ooops, looks I'm hijacking the thread :lol:

tesco
09-01-2009, 01:14 AM

And about another 20-30 un marked locations...and the only thing I hate about travling is going through the subway systems, confusing as hell, at least they gave you fast travel which helps a tone...ooops, looks I'm hijacking the thread :lol:It's gotta be bigger than GTA4... :unsure:
And more detailed than san andreas though I have no idea if it's as big. :unsure:

I've just been playing Arkham Asylum. I can't believe it came already. :) Amazon.ca is great.

Just beat the scare crow bit. That part sucked. I hope there isn't any more of that sidescroller shit. :lol: Other than that it's a great game so far. :)

1000possibleclaws
09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
I finally beat Fallout 3 (a while ago) :D. It's sweet, took just under 70 hours and I have like 3/5 of the map left to explore, but it's gotten to be kinda boring and I think I hit up the most interesting places.

Loved the game.

Cabalo
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
just hope reloaded doesn't have to waith til the 15th to put this one out!

Bannister
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM
good but not great imo

SonsOfLiberty
09-02-2009, 03:51 AM

And about another 20-30 un marked locations...and the only thing I hate about travling is going through the subway systems, confusing as hell, at least they gave you fast travel which helps a tone...ooops, looks I'm hijacking the thread :lol:It's gotta be bigger than GTA4... :unsure:
And more detailed than san andreas though I have no idea if it's as big. :unsure:

I've just been playing Arkham Asylum. I can't believe it came already. :) Amazon.ca is great.

Just beat the scare crow bit. That part sucked. I hope there isn't any more of that sidescroller shit. :lol: Other than that it's a great game so far. :)

Nope, you have 2-3 more Scarecrow things, those were easy as pie...

I finally beat Fallout 3 (a while ago) :D. It's sweet, took just under 70 hours and I have like 3/5 of the map left to explore, but it's gotten to be kinda boring and I think I hit up the most interesting places.

Loved the game.

You need to play it with all DLC's installed and go to Point Pleasant :)

For the PC folks: How PhysX Makes Batman: Arkham Asylum Better

http://kotaku.com/5350414/how-physx-makes-batman-arkham-asylum-better

saminasri
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
It will be released pc soon , and i will try and get the original , the game looks just awesome ! i feel stomach juices when i watch the trailer !

mr. nails
09-02-2009, 09:13 PM
been watching the stream of this on jtv. games looks 1337 as hell! too bad i have such a LONG ass back log.

any idea on the length (in hours) this game is? maybe i could squeeze it in.

tesco
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
It's gotta be bigger than GTA4... :unsure:

Nope, you have 2-3 more Scarecrow things, those were easy as pie...

Loved the game.

You need to play it with all DLC's installed and go to Point Pleasant :)

For the PC folks: How PhysX Makes Batman: Arkham Asylum Better

http://kotaku.com/5350414/how-physx-makes-batman-arkham-asylum-betterThat debris flying around you as you fight actually looks pretty stupid and like it would get anoying really quickly.
The fluttering cape is cool though but honestly I didn't even notice it until I read the description and I still am not convinced that it doesn't flutter in the xbox360 version... :lol: So I doubt i'm missing out on those PhysX features.

S!X
09-03-2009, 03:04 AM
This just came out on TL a few hours ago, I'm gonna wait for a scene release though cause the current release has saving problems.

Moksu
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
The game looks really tempting to start playing!

SonsOfLiberty
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
This just came out on TL a few hours ago, I'm gonna wait for a scene release though cause the current release has saving problems.

And gliding problems, but I guess they've been fixed with another crack, but then another crack will come out, then another, then another :lol: I would wait for a retail copy...

I just seen a commercial today, shit, I want a PS3 now, you can play as the Joker! PS3 is still dumb though, hopefully XBL gets it as a DLC.

I won't spoil anything, but the saying you fight the most notroious cirminals in this game is bullshiiiiiiit, because you don't see half, sure you see them in another forum (Riddle me this), but at the end, if you listen "really really really" close to the radio, and it's only for about a second, you get to hear Batman 2, at least I hope, let me know if I'm just hearing this because you hear

A breaking into a bank? by Harvery Dent aka........ then it cuts off

....almost done with the second playthrough, and at 95%, I'm hoping to have my second game 100% (Fallout 3 is the other), and then onto the challenges and predator missions, maybe, if they have achivements then I will

\\\For 25-40% or the trophies/achivements/riddler stuff you WILL have to backtrack towards the end of the game, if your not going to play this twice, make sure to have the maps and just collect everything before you "someone tells you it's time for your last surprise...."

PS...one of the websites heard in the game....http://www.arkhamcare.com/

there's another one, but it went too quick for me to hear...it was Joker saying it.....

Skiz
09-04-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm waiting for the save fix as well. :cry:

SonsOfLiberty
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Save fix and glide fix is already out...plus they missed more protection schemes anyway, wait for a proper crack.

Cabalo
09-04-2009, 09:09 PM
... or even better, wait for the retail version properly cracked.

SonsOfLiberty
09-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Well that's wait I meant, I have no interest since I've beat it twice, but to get a enjoyable game buy it, or wait.

ionut94
09-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Ohh, i love this game !

saguy
09-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Anyone know the winrar password for the newsgroup version. I have downloaded it but cannot extract it. I also downloaded another newsgroup version but it contained a trojan.

SonsOfLiberty
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Anyone know the winrar password for the newsgroup version. I have downloaded it but cannot extract it. I also downloaded another newsgroup version but it contained a trojan.

Download from here and you don't have to worry about that shit.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzb-index/games/

icarus
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
was good while it lasted.

hersi
09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
So I'm assuming some of the copy protection they missed entails the enourmous lag I get when opening doors and at random intervals?

My PC is more than capable of handling the game. When it does, it's smooth sailing, but it's really awful when I get hit with this über lag monster. :cry:

Using the RELOADED released with the NOGRP 1.1 patch and crack.

Edit: Scratch that. It was PhysX. Set it to Normal, and everything is very smooth now. :)

Cabalo
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
i played the reloaded release with no patches, and i hadn't a single bug in the game.
all drivers up to date.

SonsOfLiberty
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
So I'm assuming some of the copy protection they missed entails the enourmous lag I get when opening doors and at random intervals?

My PC is more than capable of handling the game. When it does, it's smooth sailing, but it's really awful when I get hit with this über lag monster. :cry:

Using the RELOADED released with the NOGRP 1.1 patch and crack.

Edit: Scratch that. It was PhysX. Set it to Normal, and everything is very smooth now. :)

It did on the 360, but it was loading the next room though.

m7ama
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
a hell of a game, i wanna sleep :(

hersi
09-24-2009, 03:25 AM
It did on the 360, but it was loading the next room though.

Yeah, I read about that, but it's not as bad a people say it is. For as large as the playing fields are and what you can do, I was pretty damn impressed.

When I used the Launcher for the game, I forgot to read the fine print under the PhysX section at the bottom. At least GTX 260 is recommended for Normal PhysX, and a GTX260 and 9800GTX is recommended for High PhysX. I just set it to normal, and it's smooth as silk.

I was watching some of the XBOX360 footage on YouTube, and I was in awe at how much of a difference PhysX makes. Granted it's only the effects in the game and you don't need it, but it makes the game much more immersive, imo.

Just beat Ivy and about to fight the Joker in the final battle - can't wait! :)

Scarecrow levels and intergration into the game was sooo awesome! I was like, "WTF?!" at the part where it seems like the game glitches out.

Oh, and those that think PhysX is bollocks, check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyKCM-Bpuw

Edit: Just beat the game. Awesome! :) I didn't get everything as there's really no incentive to other than to be anal about getting everything. :P

saminasri
09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
The game is cool okay i know , but whenever am killed that damn joker pisses me off ..those scenes are really provocative , i can't stand them ..

that's why my progress in the game is so little til now , can it be fixed ?
i just hate losing ...

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Good graphics and the game is fun but for such open environments the game is much too linear and also ridiculously easy to beat .

Adama
09-28-2009, 08:19 PM
edit