PDA

View Full Version : How To Delete Protected Files?

DVDLOVER25
10-04-2003, 06:42 PM
i am tring to delete a movie, but each til i try i get a msg that says: " Cannot delete access i denied"

how can i delete such files, i have tried renamem but that sisnt help.

i am usinf XP PRO.

thanks

DVDLOVER25

LTJBukem
10-04-2003, 06:52 PM
You need admintrative priviliges to do this.

First turn off simple file sharing in folder options (control Panel). Now right click on the folder- security>advance>owner. Claim ownership of the folder. You'll now be able to delete the folder.

ultimatejester
10-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 18:52
You need admintrative priviliges to do this.

First turn off simple file sharing in folder options (control Panel). Now right click on the folder- security>advance>owner. Claim ownership of the folder. You'll now be able to delete the folder.
or u cud try doing it by command prompt

clocker
10-04-2003, 07:09 PM
You can also get Free File (http://www.webattack.com/get/freefile.html), a freeware program which shows what processes are claiming the file in question and allows you to terminate them...

Mavol
10-04-2003, 07:10 PM
ive had this before; took me a while to figure it out :"> : i was uploading the file to someone in kazaa. after he was finished i deleted it. Or you can restart your computer but delete it first before you start any program. See if that helps.

LTJBukem
10-04-2003, 07:19 PM
The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won't work.

Don't listen to these other guys....... :P

ps. i meant administrative priviliges, not "admintrative". :rolleyes:

[B][O][T]
10-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Start - Run - Command - CD C:\Movies - del something.avi [THIS WILL DELETE SOMETHING.AVI]

BOT

MUSLEMAN
10-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 15:19
The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won't work.

Don't listen to these other guys....... :P

man you have got serious issues, now that you have an idea of what you are talking about how about a little people skills, where you born and raised in a room with a pc all by your self or something :blink:

LTJBukem
10-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+4 October 2003 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 4 October 2003 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 15:19
The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won&#39;t work.

Don&#39;t listen to these other guys.......&nbsp; :P

man you have got serious issues, now that you have an idea of what you are talking about how about a little people skills, where you born and raised in a room with a pc all by your self or something :blink:[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have issues?

That really is a little rich coming from you. You spend your entire life on this board posting crap, and i have issues? If anyone has issues, it&#39;s you. Get some friends, get a social life, get a life. You FREAK. :lol: :lol:

ps. sorry to mavol and clocker if you took offence. I doubt it though. :)

clocker
10-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 13:12

ps. sorry to mavol and clocker if you took offence. I doubt it though. :)
No prob.
I&#39;ve never run into this issue myself.
I found the FreeFile program during my peregrinations and thought it might be useful.
I&#39;m kinda hoping someone will try it and tell me if it works...

MUSLEMAN
10-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by LTJBukem+4 October 2003 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem &#064; 4 October 2003 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 October 2003 - 19:39
<!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 15:19
The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won&#39;t work.

Don&#39;t listen to these other guys....... :P

man you have got serious issues, now that you have an idea of what you are talking about how about a little people skills, where you born and raised in a room with a pc all by your self or something :blink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have issues?

That really is a little rich coming from you. You spend your entire life on this board posting crap, and i have issues? If anyone has issues, it&#39;s you. Get some friends, get a social life, get a life. You FREAK. :lol: :lol:

ps. sorry to mavol and clocker if you took offence. I doubt it though. :)[/b][/quote]
coming from you thats complement, and the fact that you have assumed my life style says alot about your intelligence or lack of, anyways what does my life have anything to do with your lack of people skills mr. know it all :P

toddiscool
10-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by clocker@4 October 2003 - 15:16
No prob.
I&#39;ve never run into this issue myself.
I found the FreeFile program during my peregrinations and thought it might be useful.
I&#39;m kinda hoping someone will try it and tell me if it works...
Just did had a file that was being a real pain, would not go for me and well now it is gone.