PDA

View Full Version : What is The best Newsreader ?

09-06-2009, 02:07 PM
What is The best Newsreader ?

Thanks

topicaltapioca
09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Newsreader, as in text reading or pulling down binaries?

For binary, I highly suggest SABnzbd+ ( http://www.sabnzbd.org )

Using SABnzbd+, the NZBstatus plugin (off sourceforge) with FireFox, and Newzbin, even though they currently only keep 240 days retention, the number of reports is marginally higher than other folks.

Much cleaner too, it's heaps awesome.

09-06-2009, 03:14 PM
topicaltapioca you are very Expert in here

so what is best between newsbin pro and newsleecher

topicaltapioca
09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm not so much an expert as I am one of the few who are awake. ;-)

I posted a quick how-to on SABnzbd+ / Firefox / nzbdStatus / Newzbin here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-how-to-sabnzbd-firefox-nzbdstatus-newzbin-367434).

Very simple and to the point.

Newzbin is a paid for service, but if you haven't tried it out, I'd highly suggest it.

09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
newsbin pro or nesleecher is good for download movie :-D :w00t:

AdamRav
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
I prefer Grabit, thats the first client i used and i've stuck with it

It downloads and unrars so it does the job

Skiz
09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
This is like asking which is better: Ford or Chevy.

Everyone has their opinions.

At this point, all of the popular 3 clients (NB, Alt.Binz, Newsleecher) are going to do pretty much the same thing; it just depends on which UI you prefer. Grabit however does not have any RSS abilities built in.

BigH
09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
used Newsleecher for a couple of years, but it became too buggy

didn't like Grabit at all

Newsbin Pro all the way for me now (bit pricey at £ 35, but worth it in the long run) - and support is very good for it

topicaltapioca
09-09-2009, 08:17 AM
I'd give them all a trial, but try SABnzbd+ too, it's a good learning experience anyway.

I'd also highly suggest learning python though, it's fun, I promise. :D

09-09-2009, 08:19 AM
thank you very much for all comments

now i'm using Newsbin Pro 5.53 it easy one but can't use newsleecher it hard for me to use it.

Skiz
09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd give them all a trial, but try SABnzbd+ too, it's a good learning experience anyway.

I'd also highly suggest learning python though, it's fun, I promise. :D

There is also an itouch/iphone app that will allow a user to control their SABnzbd client from anywhere.

09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
ho my god i need to try SABnzbd+ now but i'm not use firefox i must to install both.

what is the fastest download Client?

SonsOfLiberty
09-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not so much an expert as I am one of the few who are awake. ;-)

I posted a quick how-to on SABnzbd+ / Firefox / nzbdStatus / Newzbin here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-how-to-sabnzbd-firefox-nzbdstatus-newzbin-367434).

Very simple and to the point.

Newzbin is a paid for service, but if you haven't tried it out, I'd highly suggest it.

Awake seriously?

First off, you need to relay to these poor people that more than likely Newzbin will be shut down, is being hounded by the MPAA. Just because you like one client over another doesn't mean yo anymore awake then anyone else......just because something is free doesn't make it the best, which Sab is close, but there other clients just as good, or better, eg..Usenet Explorer now that one is the best but you have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Newsleecher is hard for you to use Top?

What's so hard, go to manager add your server, next go queue, then over to options on teh right, click import nzb, and connect....? Why is that so confusing?

topicaltapioca
09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Whoa there, save that for the BT section, I meant awake, as in, physically awake, not mentally or emotionally.

And who's the say more than likely they will be shut down?

They received those notices quite some time back and are still there, but it's very in the air of what will happen in the next few months, and I hope you aren't saying the MPAA will always win once they start something, gotta have hope.

And regarding me thinking something is the best because it's free? Being free has nothing to do with, the flexibility and advance features whenever you feel up to adding them make it an extremely powerful client. Being able to add your own customized scripts or extensions.

As for easy, it wasn't axsked for, it's not a very hard client to get up and going to the simple level of downloading with the click of a button.

SonsOfLiberty
09-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Whoa there, save that for the BT section, I meant awake, as in, physically awake, not mentally or emotionally.

And who's the say more than likely they will be shut down?

They received those notices quite some time back and are still there, but it's very in the air of what will happen in the next few months, and I hope you aren't saying the MPAA will always win once they start something, gotta have hope.

And regarding me thinking something is the best because it's free? Being free has nothing to do with, the flexibility and advance features whenever you feel up to adding them make it an extremely powerful client. Being able to add your own customized scripts or extensions.

As for easy, it wasn't axsked for, it's not a very hard client to get up and going to the simple level of downloading with the click of a button.

BT section, what's that? BitTorrent, what's that? Is that some kiddie downloading group?

Your comparing oranges and apples there, you cannot give a definitive answer which is the best.

Sure SAB is powerful, but it's not for people starting out in Usenet, it takes time to set it up and get tings sorted, compared to oher clients that you install, add your server, add you NZB and your off.

For comparisions are readers I would start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Usenet_newsreaders

pikwun
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Newsrover for me. i use ALL of it's features so that's why i recommend it. If you are new to usenet, i recommend Grabit as it's simple, low-resources on your PC/laptop, and it's very customizable. I have tried NewsBin Pro but it does not encrypt my content like NewsRover, nor post through anonymous NNTP servers like NR does.

Good luck with NewsBin.

SonsOfLiberty
09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I use YENC (the old one and Altbin one with sTunnel) and use Newsleecher, best combo for me.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-yenc-power-post-aa-upload-using-secure-ssl-server-connections-337101

Susanne
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
newsleecher

Solariz
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
NewsLeecher all the way :D

clare25
09-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Newsbin pro 5.53 is pretty good and easy to learn if ure new to it.
Though i never tried Newsleecher. It probably comes down to ure preferences , u should just try out the mentioned 3 and use the one u like most.

drunkenm4ster
09-25-2009, 06:20 PM
So does this mean Grabit is outdated or not user friendly? I have not tried newsleecher or newsbin,because if paying for the newreader has greater advantages then, I would consider goind down this route