PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

KinkoStinky
10-04-2003, 08:23 PM
ive heard that sometimes with paypal if someone were to send you money, they could right after complain that you ripped them off and then paypal will then lock up your account. is this true?

plus if something like this can happen or if its even true, is there a way so that you can accept donations with paypal?

as in if they give you money, there is no way for them to complain because it was a donation...

muchspl2
10-04-2003, 08:37 PM
yes they could, I know a guy who had thousands of dollars frozen, it involed illegal products thoe
you should be ok
if that were to happen, you could always cancle the credit charge throu the cc company

james_bond_rulez
10-04-2003, 08:47 PM
that's why i always stick to cash

or money order or checks are fine

but no paypal, it's for losers

why? cuz it limits transactions online and with paypal only, unlike credit cards

they charge you outrageous fees if you wanna get money from paypal from your OWN account

paypal blows, i dunno why anybody would wanna use their service? <_<

muchspl2
10-04-2003, 08:51 PM
ebay
can&#39;t sell alot of stuff a wait for people to send a check then wait for it to clear
then send them the merchendise, takes to long
paypal is pretty quick and can get stuff off to people the next day
you pay for the convenince

james_bond_rulez
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
yeah it&#39;s ideal for frequent online transactions but it&#39;s not without its flaws.

especially when it comes to problems, it&#39;s hell with customer service... :angry:

TheMusicMan
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Paypal is a very bad and poor service - They force you to create an account if you just want to pay something, the verification process takes too long - and once if you have some 1000&#39;s of &#036; in your account they can freeze your account for ANY reason.

A business partner got his account freezed before 1 year because one of his 1000s clients did fill a complaint about a product that was delivered in a wrong color (he did send the right one after that) but his account is still frozen and the chances to get his money are 0 cause nobody there cares.

Some horror stories: PayPal Warning (http://www.paypalwarning.com)

james_bond_rulez
10-04-2003, 08:55 PM
hahhahaha

it&#39;s like... lost mail in the post office?? :lol: :lol: :lol: