PDA

View Full Version : Stricter moderation please?

Rart
09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
From ONE thread:

you have autism.

who shit in your lucky charms today?

:gossip: follow the leader

And it doesn't have users like you cabalo, which is as well a valid point

You may change the review you did months ago

(Referencing to some accusation that cabalo did a review of CN on an alternate account, whether its true or not I don't know, but not necessary...)

plz respect KushBlow, he has ftn.

i wonder how this dupe account of yours here is not yet disabled, as your other (FBI) account is.

bleh, do you want me to get interviewed and accepted? now your tracker ain't that safe, is it? piratebay style.

Honestly, I don't think a single post can be made about "l33t" trackers without it turning into a giant flamefest within a matter of seconds filled with personal attacks, random offtopic, snide remarks, among other things. I'm not saying that the moderators aren't doing their job, I just feel like stricter moderation is really need to keep this a place people other than the regulars will really want to go to. I like coming here and discussing file sharing, but I can't when every other post is a flame or completely off topic.

chalice
09-12-2009, 07:54 PM
:eyebrows:

Somebody needs a hug.

IdolEyes787
09-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think it's to the point of anarchy quite yet.

I'm actually pretty careful about real personal attacks as they are the one thing that really upset me and neither of the examples you gave imo were .As for the rest - being off topic it's really totally dependent on the topic
and if something is patently ridiculous I have no problem if people ridicule it.

Sorry if you see differently .

Somebody needs a hug.

I wanted to say " you have autism" but I thought contextually it was inappropriate.

NSMB
09-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Bah, let it be. Gotta admit it's hella funny? :lol:

Rart
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for replying Idoleyes, and I understand where you're coming from. I just find it aggravating that I have to look pretty hard just to find a thread that has some actual discussion in it, when the other 2/3 are just full of short, random, unecessary remarks that are rarely on topic. If they want to do that, why not go to the lounge =/.

On another note, I've learned not to take chalice's posts too seriously.

chalice
09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't think it's to the point of anarchy quite yet.

I'm actually pretty careful about real personal attacks as they are the one thing that really upset me and neither of the examples you gave imo were .As for the rest - being off topic it's really totally dependent on the topic
and if something is patently ridiculous I have no problem if people ridicule it.

Sorry if you see differently .

Somebody needs a hug.

I wanted to say " you have autism" but I thought contextually it was inappropriate.

Never dither, mate. Never re-think your instincts.

That would've been funny as fuck. True story.

Rart, good man. You caught me on a good day. My post could've been a helluva lot worse.

IdolEyes787
09-12-2009, 08:15 PM
It's probably because the lounge used to be a far less welcoming place than it currently is and I agree that there aren't (m)any bt threads of worth but all I can suggest is that you do your part to insert a little sense or maybe create a topic of value yourself.

I'll take your point under advisement though Rart and try to tighten things up a bit.

Btw I probably don't have to tell you that FST isn't the only place with most threads filled with useless spam.It happens at much better places than this.

Cabalo
09-12-2009, 10:13 PM
depends on your definition of better places.
i find this to be the best, despite its vietnam like, napalm filled threads.
only the fittest survive, and there's no better place than this board to relax and enjoy.

just stay away from those born-to-flames threads, and all will be ok. but then, you'd have missed 90% of the fun of this place.

Rart
09-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Admittedly I have to agree that crapping on a swepsycho thread is very tempting. He is just asking for it. Although its most likely that hes just purposely trolling, no one could be that stupid....right? It provides some decent fun.

But randomly talking about other members (plz respect kushblow, he has ftn) and other random offtopic remarks, especially in valid, genuine threads just seems a little unnecessary to me. Keep the crap to the threads dedicated to crap =/

IdolEyes787
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Admittedly I have to agree that crapping on a swepsycho thread is very tempting. He is just asking for it. Although its most likely that hes just purposely trolling, no one could be that stupid....right? It provides some decent fun.

But randomly talking about other members (plz respect kushblow, he has ftn) and other random offtopic remarks, especially in valid, genuine threads just seems a little unnecessary to me. Keep the crap to the threads dedicated to crap =/

I think the same thing about swepsycho and if you review my posts you will see that I've said exactly that a couple of times .I also said I don't see the harm in it though.

"plz respect kushblow, he has ftn" was said in a joking friendly way so instead of detracting from anything I actually believe the board is richer for it .

Again just my opinion I could be wrong of course.

megabyteme
09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
I appreciate what you are saying, Rart. However, I agree with IdolEyes on this one. I enjoy this atmosphere because it reminds me sooo much of my late teens and most of my 20's when I was working in restaurants. We were BRUTAL to each other. If anyone showed the slightest bit of weakness, they had to learn how to defend themselves VERY QUICKLY or they would get eaten alive.

In many aspects, FST is a very similar environment. There are a lot of personalities around here- some good, some bad. This is a hub for much of the file-sharing "world". These strong personalities help shape the community. When someone "steps out of line" they find out real quick that was not an appropriate thing to say or do.

As you spend more time here, Rart (and establish your niche a little better) you will find that it is very possible to have valuable conversations where people know to stay out of. Lately, there has been a flood of "Swepsycho and gang" posts and there has not been much in the way of respectful conversation. The tides will change again, I guarantee it.

As for Swe- in general, he can take a boring day, not add anything to it, but get people active. I think there is a place for him here, he just needs to keep his threads to a limit. Also, threads asking about certain sites piss me off and I find it necessary to "teach him a lesson" as mentioned above.

I am reluctant to say that I look forward to Swe's return, but he does bring a lightning rod which can spark things a bit. He would RULE the lounge. I don't know why he doesn't dwell there more...

Hope this helps, Rart. FWIW, I enjoy your posts and am very happy you spend time here. :)

chalice
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM

I am reluctant to say that I look forward to Swe's return, but he does bring a lightning rod which can spark things a bit. He would RULE the lounge. I don't know why he doesn't dwell there more...

I haven't got clue fucking one who this Swe numbskull is of which you speak, but I can tell you on good authority that he would be eaten up and shat out in the Lounge.

He's a fucking morsel. Nothing more or less.

megabyteme
09-12-2009, 11:24 PM

I haven't got clue fucking one who this Swe numbskull is of which you speak, but I can tell you on good authority that he would be eaten up and shat out in the Lounge.

:lol: He thrives on that sort of thing.

chalice
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM

:lol: He thrives on that sort of thing.

As do I, mate. As do I.

megabyteme
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, chalice. I do not have a high opinion of Swepsycho. Not at all. He's a total masochist who enjoys getting beaten on. My earlier post was in regards to "rate that ass" and "last post wins", simple-minded shit like that. He could play it for hours...

By no means was I describing him as "the ultimate bad-ass poster". If you happen to stumble across one of his "threads" some time, you'll get my point.

I'll have to check out the lounge sometime myself. Sounds like it could be a good time occasionally. :D I expect you will be the one with a viking helmet, blood-soaked armor, and a sharp battle axe. Oh, and I almost forgot...the chalice filled with the blood of your enemies. :D

My kind of guy! :yes:

chalice
09-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, chalice. I do not have a high opinion of Swepsycho. Not at all. He's a total masochist who enjoys getting beaten on. My earlier post was in regards to "rate that ass" and "last post wins", simple-minded shit like that. He could play it for hours...

By no means was I describing him as "the ultimate bad-ass poster". If you happen to stumble across one of his "threads" some time, you'll get my point.

I'll have to check out the lounge sometime myself. Sounds like it could be a good time occasionally. :D I expect you will be the one with a viking helmet, blood-soaked armor, and a sharp battle axe. Oh, and I almost forgot...the chalice filled with the blood of your enemies. :D

Sad to say, the Lounge is dead this weather. Deceased...morte...it's an ex-lounge. I think I might've inadvertently murdered it.

I'm none of those things, btw. I'm just a cunt who everybody hates. Someone has to do it and I wouldn't have it any other way. :01:

megabyteme
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Sad to say, the Lounge is dead this weather. Deceased...morte...it's an ex-lounge. I think I might've inadvertently murdered it.

I'm none of those things, btw. I'm just a cunt who everybody hates. Someone has to do it and I wouldn't have it any other way. :01:

Well, I'll have to get to know you a little better before I start to dislike you. So far, you seem alright to me.:D

Take care, chalice.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Stop spamming the stricter moderation needed thread please.
Btw isn't stricter moderation a dichotomy or something .

tesco
09-13-2009, 12:27 AM
oxymoron?

IdolEyes787
09-13-2009, 12:31 AM
No need to get insulting.

chalice
09-13-2009, 12:32 AM
oxymoron?

How cleverly stupid of you.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Actually you're right but you you didn't hear it from me.

Amazing how people used as a straight man and not even know it.
Although in this particular case that might be an oxymoron.

The_Martinator
09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Rart, you might aswell get used to it.

I consider FST as an invite forum first and everything else afterwars (it is more than an invite forum, though). And if you've ever been part of an invite forum, you've seen that everyone is too nice to everyone (with one exeption but I'm not going to advertise sites here).

Well, some people hate that and like FST because of that. They can speak their minds and more often than not their minds are filled with the worst of feelings, like anger, hate resentment for no apparent reason and hate towards themselves. Why? IDK, I'm not a psychologist, but I do know the come here to let of some steam.

Me, I try to be the same person online as in RL; nice even if things bother me. When I get really fed up, I explode in a flurry of insults, lol. And because I'm nice to everyone (except Swepsycho, lol) some people here take me for an asskisser. That's all right, to each their own, tbh I'm not here to see what people think of me. I'm here to discuss BT and no forum in the world has more threads about it daily than FST (OK, the quality varies I'll give you that).

KushBlow
09-14-2009, 10:01 PM
But that's what makes FST. Without the randomness and spam it would be pretty dead and you got to understand that the exact same threads get recycled day after day, so people turn to sarcasm or humor for solace.

Furthermore these little grudges that occur (the respect kushblow he has ftn thing for example) enrich the history of this place, and you think back to how and when it started, etc. Just a good feeling overall.

I'm glad idoleyes is a mod for the BT section. We get enough uptight and strict assholes at work/school daily, this atmosphere is just right.

SonsOfLiberty
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, this is why I stayed around, because of the atmosphere, it's quite downright hilarious sometimes here :lol: And not to mention, I can "almost" say anything I want without getting warned :)

pentomato
09-15-2009, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=megabyteme;3289065]Don't get me wrong, chalice. I do not have a high opinion of Swepsycho. Not at all. He's a total masochist who enjoys getting beaten on. My earlier post was in regards to "rate that ass" and "last post wins", simple-minded shit like that. He could play it for hours...

I'm none of those things, btw. I'm just a cunt who everybody hates. Someone has to do it and I wouldn't have it any other way. :01:[Who you? Nahhh you are a saint

amashinga
09-15-2009, 05:18 AM
But that's what makes FST. Without the randomness and spam it would be pretty dead and you got to understand that the exact same threads get recycled day after day, so people turn to sarcasm or humor for solace.

Furthermore these little grudges that occur (the respect kushblow he has ftn thing for example) enrich the history of this place, and you think back to how and when it started, etc. Just a good feeling overall.

I'm glad idoleyes is a mod for the BT section. We get enough uptight and strict assholes at work/school daily, this atmosphere is just right.

Yeah, it can get too much, I have seen some forums degenerate into a waste of bandwidth because everyone tried to out "smart" each other. There is nothing wrong with just being yourself, and if some noob comes along and asks the same question for the 50th time, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to respond. Of course if you want to respond, that's fine, just don't get yourself wound up, life is too short.

RealitY
09-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Thats as well put as it could be. The section is simply what it is and thats likely its appeal. Having strict moderation or forcing it be more on topic would likely ruin it. The bulk of what you might have an issue with is harmless so it should stay as is. We dont need mods deleting posts based what is worthy to stay or isnt. If it isnt clearly hostile or an issue in that section its fine...
I think the same thing about swepsycho and if you review my posts you will see that I've said exactly that a couple of times .I also said I don't see the harm in it though.

"plz respect kushblow, he has ftn" was said in a joking friendly way so instead of detracting from anything I actually believe the board is richer for it .

Again just my opinion I could be wrong of course.

Skweeky
09-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Deluded, aren't they chavis? :noes: