PDA

View Full Version : What.CD vs Waffles...

EyeCandy
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
So...I've just noticed waffles stats are public now...

Members:48,523
Torrents:264,144/284,397
Seeders:944,723

Leechers:23,046

What's

Enabled Users: 101,571
Torrents: 604,944
Seeders: 2,868,309
Leechers: 74,833

So, are you telling me, that what is 2x-3x larger than waffles? That's surprising, I almost thought they were similar in size...

danio
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
that is correct.. what has been twice as large in regards to both userbase and torrents for quite some time (like a year or so?).

Bad-Day
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Thatīs the stats,... good work.

know what ?

apextwin146
09-15-2009, 12:47 PM
So, are you telling me, that what is 2x-3x larger than waffles? That's surprising, I almost thought they were similar in size...
well actually thats what you are telling me :mellow:

Six66Mike
09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
When the site dumps some of it's most active users and top uploaders it's no bloody wonder they suffer. Oh well.

kukushka
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
When the site dumps some of it's most active users and top uploaders it's no bloody wonder they suffer. Oh well.
which one? :huh:
i see you've been banned at waffles but is there anything that makes you sure that there couldn't be any symmetrical process?

Bad-Day
09-15-2009, 01:24 PM
banned ? what did u do ?

lisabritpop
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I wont care about stats . they are both g8 music trackers ....

Six66Mike
09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
which one? :huh:
i see you've been banned at waffles but is there anything that makes you sure that there couldn't be any symmetrical process?

I was gone nearly a year ago, and know of 2 pretty top users gone in the past month. Check the top 10 lists for uploading unless they've been removed from there as well.

Bad-Day
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Outstanding leaks, lately at whatcd... something is changing in there...

n00bz0r
09-15-2009, 02:25 PM

and what would that be?
just curious.. :shifty:

lisabritpop
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM

and what would that be?
just curious.. :shifty:

What is changing in there ?

susiserken
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I wont care about stats . they are both g8 music trackers ....

Amen to that!

F-Sicx
09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
scenesound is the best right now...for scene releases only

and neither what.cd nor waffles.fm are worth the hassle...they both suck cuz neither's archive is sufficient enough for an avid music collector...

if i were to choose between a free Megaupload account and what.cd permanent free leech i would sure go for MU...and by the way google is the best tracker and there are some websites out there who release stuff a week sooner than these so-called scene trackers.

lisabritpop
09-25-2009, 09:03 AM

and neither what.cd nor waffles.fm are worth the hassle...they both suck cuz neither's archive is sufficient enough for an avid music collector...

if i were to choose between a free Megaupload account and what.cd permanent free leech i would sure go for MU...and by the way google is the best tracker and there are some websites out there who release stuff a week sooner than these so-called scene trackers.

lol....scenesound is good...but it cant compete with what & waffles:pinch:

The_Martinator
09-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Afaik neither What nor Waffles is a scnene tracker.

IMO it's about quality more than quantity. Maybe it's just me, though.

kukushka
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Afaik neither What nor Waffles is a scnene tracker.

IMO it's about quality more than quantity. Maybe it's just me, though.
quality over quantity - it's about couple flac trackers, not about w/w. sure, there are some quality releases there, but generally, it's a total mess. starting with the lack of strict rules for tagging etc..

Funkin'
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
quality over quantity - it's about couple flac trackers, not about w/w. sure, there are some quality releases there, but generally, it's a total mess. starting with the lack of strict rules for tagging etc..

Well said. Especially with the tagging bullshit. I cannot stand grabbing an album from What/Waffles only to find out the tags are a mess, and I have to go through and re-tag everything myself since the uploader didn't show a little care and do it him/herself before putting it on the tracker.

This is understandable if you grabbed the album from slsk, a forum, or even Demonoid. But that shouldn't be on trackers that specialize in music. And don't get me wrong, I think W/W are great sites with impressive archives(no matter what others think) and those rare gems. But they're always my last stop for an album.

The_Martinator
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Of course I agree with you guys. But TBH, I've had very little problems with What/Waffles when it comes to the downloaded files. Then again, I'm prolly not as big on music as you two.

PS: I have had a problem with an album from P's once. It wasn't tagged right.

bas1c
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
They both suck tbh. Ratio is impossible on both unless you upload your own CD's that haven't been upped yet. Just buy a buffered account and get what you want, or an invite and hit and run what you want. Rinse and repeat. Easier than waiting 2 years for the next FL.

The_Martinator
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
They both suck tbh. Ratio is impossible on both unless you upload your own CD's that haven't been upped yet. Just buy a buffered account and get what you want, or an invite and hit and run what you want. Rinse and repeat. Easier than waiting 2 years for the next FL.

Haha. You, sir, are a friggin genious!! :lol: NOT.

PS: You could try DDL sites. No ratios there.

bas1c
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Haha. You, sir, are a friggin genious!! :lol: NOT.

PS: You could try DDL sites. No ratios there.
FTP > DDL.

Trackers are fun, but what.cd isn't.

lolwut
09-25-2009, 07:09 PM
no offense but you are a retarded bas1c, just because you cant maintain a ratio there it doesnt mean they suck it means YOU suck there are 100k members that can maintain a ratio on what & 50k on waffles

yeah and about the
"buy a buffered account and get what you want, or an invite and hit and run what you want. Rinse and repeat.
i say goodluck with that.

Easier than waiting 2 years for the next FL
so thats it, you only dl on freeleeches?, i give you a good advice stick to your shitty limewire & ddl forums and dont come near private trackers
if u cant share dont bother joining one, nobody wants you in their site

Bad-Day
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM
wow bas1c just wow!

Talk about honesty!

ps:============D~~~~~~~~

bas1c
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
N/m forget it. Enjoy your lvl 3 tracker. :)

DarkLured
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Wow, Bas1c sorta sounds like a douche. I'm not saying he is one, just sounds like it ;) FYI, unless you have a very slow connection, it is possible to maintain the minimum ratio at both What and Waffles. Keep in mind that they each have pretty low requirements. For example, you can download up to 30GB of music at What and you only need to keep a .30 ratio. The same downloaded amount at Waffles only requires a .25 ratio. This is very doable, especially if you seed stuff for a long time like they suggest, so stop bitching.

As for the What vs. Waffles topic, I think both are great trackers and are comparable content-wise, but I prefer What's layout, interface (Gazelle) and features. Also, I've noticed lately that stuff often gets upped to What and then takes a day or so to make it up at Waffles. So if I really had to choose one today it would be What.

oxxo
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
For me it's simple - they are both great.

N/m forget it. Enjoy your lvl 3 tracker. :)
Yeah, tracker level is THE most important thing. :frusty:

On the secont thought, on higher level tracker is a bit harder to accomplish your "get-invite-hit'n'run-get-another-invite" tactic, so, it may be that tracker level IS important in your case.

cinephilia
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
wow bas1c just wow!

Talk about honesty!

ps: (; ( ;; )llllllllllllllllllllllD ~~~~~~
/fixed

Rafa
10-01-2009, 02:51 AM

Well said. Especially with the tagging bullshit. I cannot stand grabbing an album from What/Waffles only to find out the tags are a mess, and I have to go through and re-tag everything myself since the uploader didn't show a little care and do it him/herself before putting it on the tracker.

This is understandable if you grabbed the album from slsk, a forum, or even Demonoid. But that shouldn't be on trackers that specialize in music. And don't get me wrong, I think W/W are great sites with impressive archives(no matter what others think) and those rare gems. But they're always my last stop for an album.

Agree 100%. And i think the uploader do not care at all because he / she only upload something to build ratio. It's not about to share, it's about ratio.

IMO W/W are great music sites, but for real audiophiles, the lossless trackers are the right places.

Giggi
10-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Which lossless trackers would be the best?

Swepsycho
10-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Which lossless trackers would be the best?
e**** is best...

cinephilia
10-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Agree 100%. And i think the uploader do not care at all because he / she only upload something to build ratio. It's not about to share, it's about ratio.

IMO W/W are great music sites, but for real audiophiles, the lossless trackers are the right places.
i have to disagree on this one.
most of the V0 rips i've downloaded so far on both sites are well-made and the selection is way larger than any lossless tracker.
ok, sometimes, tracks are not tagged, descriptions are empty and you have to check the filelist in order to see the tracklisting but hey, when you find stuffs that are not available in lossless sites (nor anywhere else), you simply can't turn your nose up at lossy formats unless you are an audiophile wanker rather than a melomaniac. for me, the technical aspect is important but it remains secondary: music is all that matters.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Waflle all the way !!! tho last stuff i grabbed got one track with fail CRC :lol:

Rafa
10-01-2009, 11:18 PM
most of the V0 rips i've downloaded so far on both sites are well-made and the selection is way larger than any lossless tracker.
ok, sometimes, tracks are not tagged, descriptions are empty and you have to check the filelist in order to see the tracklisting but hey, when you find stuffs that are not available in lossless sites (nor anywhere else), you simply can't turn your nose up at lossy formats unless you are an audiophile wanker rather than a melomaniac. for me, the technical aspect is important but it remains secondary: music is all that matters.

Of course music is all, but i want music with quality, if possible.

If i can grab a proper FLAC rip from lossless tracker, i don't think twice.

If the lossless tracker don't have that album i want, i'll search in W/W, and if i can't find a lossless rip anywhere, i grab a lossy one with pleasure. :)

Don't get me wrong, i love W/W and i'm very proud to be member of both, but i am a FLAC lover and sometimes it is very difficult to content myself with a lossy rip... oh well, maybe it's only me... ;)

Il_Professore
10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
both are must have sites...

f5ZB40
10-02-2009, 05:17 PM
what was a disappointment for me. despite their size it seems they lack some genres almost completely.
i could get more of (techno, dance) my stuff from every second blog around the corner via rapidshare.

Torn
10-03-2009, 01:34 AM
I remember when Waffles and What first started... everyone was saying what.cd was crap and that the 15 year old creator (Noah?) had no experience and blah blah blah. Well, I guess they were wrong.

Zod5000
10-03-2009, 04:09 AM
I like What.cd's collection a little more, but I have an easier time with ratio's on Waffles, because my seeded torrents get alittle more traffic on waffles.

So If I need to download something, I check waffles first, what.cd second.

brucewein
10-03-2009, 08:22 PM
oh ... What.CD, bummer i can't use it because my whole country IP range is banned [ISRAEL}

cabedna
10-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Waffles has a nicer atmosphere. What has better selection.

I choose waffles.

redMonster
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
oh ... What.CD, bummer i can't use it because my whole country IP range is banned [ISRAEL}I suppose you mean to say the your country is banned from the invites channel. Because afaik, what.cd doesn't ban any IP ranges. It only bans IPs of previously banned members.

You can still join by getting an invite from somewhere else, just not the interview.

brento
10-05-2009, 07:19 PM

I choose waffles.

Well said mate. I feel the same way.

Ihearttorrents
10-11-2009, 03:16 AM
I have What and I have found getting a decent ratio is difficult.... Two tricks that work for me....
1. Go to the library and rip a buttload of audiobooks, then upload them... they are 500 meg plus and just a couple leeches help a lot.
2. Download stuff off other sites where your ratio is good, (exactly the same stuff on what), then just change the torrent file to what's. Upload for a while without downloading. :01:

cinephilia
10-11-2009, 04:35 AM
I have What and I have found getting a decent ratio is difficult.... Two tricks that work for me....
1. Go to the library and rip a buttload of audiobooks, then upload them... they are 500 meg plus and just a couple leeches help a lot.
2. Download stuff off other sites where your ratio is good, (exactly the same stuff on what), then just change the torrent file to what's. Upload for a while without downloading. :01:
there are also plenty of stuff on forums/blogs that are not available on what.cd/waffles.

susiserken
10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Also looking through your own cd collection is a good idea rip them in flacs if theyre not on there :)

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 11:42 AM
There are more places, than what and waffles... easier to seed and to obtain ratio..... imo that those 2 are worth it, when you cannot find something anywhere else...

The_Martinator
10-11-2009, 01:04 PM
There are more places, than what and waffles... easier to seed and to obtain ratio..... imo that those 2 are worth it, when you cannot find something anywhere else...

Secretive aren't we? Well I guess that comes along with being 1337, lol.

Seriously I agree. What+Waffle are usually my last stop. I haven't gotten enough into DDL yet, though (which I hear is great for music).

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
You have a problem man, that l33t crap, only exists in your little brain.

If you want to know, just ask people before regurgitating your stupidity.

No hard feelings.

The_Martinator
10-11-2009, 01:28 PM
You have a problem man, that l33t crap, only exists in your little brain.

If you want to know, just ask people before regurgitating your stupidity.

No hard feelings.

If it only existed in my brain, than all the edrama would cease, because I keep a lot of stuff to myself (a look into my brain would prolly kill most people, lol).

Can't you tell when I'm joking? (I though the seriously part of my post was obvious)

PS: My brain must be huge because my head is. :lol:

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
lolol

cinephilia
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Seriously I agree. What+Waffle are usually my last stop. I haven't gotten enough into DDL yet, though (which I hear is great for music).
it seems you recently added a new music tracker in your collection though :whistling

The_Martinator
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
it seems you recently added a new music tracker in your collection though :whistling

Collection? I don't have a collection. :blink:

But yes, hopefully I won't have resort to Waffles/What as often now. Which doesn't change the fact that they're both great sites.

Ps: Perhaps I should turn down every invite from now on just to keep people here happy...

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 01:45 PM
You're sucking up again.

cinephilia
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
:lol:

The_Martinator
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
You're sucking up again.

Damn! Not again!

I apologize.

Screw you! Better?

:lol:

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Only if your sister says it.

susiserken
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Is it just me or does it seem easier to seed on waffles than on what.cd? :unsure:

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
its just you.

susiserken
10-11-2009, 02:42 PM
its just you.

allrighty then :happy:

kukushka
10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Is it just me or does it seem easier to seed on waffles than on what.cd? :unsure:
nope, it's the same sh.. for everyone (except maybe bad-day and other guys who can't have the picture for whatever reason). but! ease of seeding means that torrents will die faster.

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 02:57 PM
That why youre l33t and im not :D

Rafa
10-11-2009, 04:43 PM

No, for me is easier on waffles, but i dunno why.

kukushka
10-11-2009, 05:43 PM
No, for me is easier on waffles, but i dunno why.
more fl opportunities at waffles (august fl, current random fl), seeding (and other types of) bonuses, lack of banning opportunities because of a bad ratio. sure, some individual torrents can be seeded better at what because there are more potential leechers, but still..

idan4u24
10-12-2009, 04:24 AM
waffles

anonymous101
10-12-2009, 07:00 PM

I choose waffles.

Agree with this, though I find What CD alot easier/better to find content.

Funkin'
10-12-2009, 11:45 PM
There's a lot of content that Waffles has but What doesn't, and vice versa. Both have an abundance of music available though. In my opinion what sets the two apart, is that Waffles has more of a "community" feel than What.

Tanchistu
10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
that is correct.. what has been twice as large in regards to both userbase and torrents for quite some time (like a year or so?).

6 months ago actually:

Date: May 11 2009, 18:19 CET

What.CD? 506,896 torrents
Waffles 253,448 torrents

Anyway, forget the stats, love them both, and stop complaining about the ratio, just share what you download.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/Tanchistu/Untitled.png

Sylar666
10-14-2009, 05:21 PM
+1 Tanchistu. I love both of them, member on both from the very start. Looking back i was upset and awed to see OiNK busted. I never thought that these two trackers make it. And they've done it - in style. The Hydra lives!

tippertime
10-14-2009, 05:25 PM
its pretty simple if you like music you should have both...its always good to have a backup in case one goes down :-\

but waffles ftw!

cockhans
10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I like waffles it is a cozier place

Six66Mike
10-15-2009, 06:13 AM
I can get behind the "waffles has a community feel" comments because everyone I know, including myself who didn't jive with others on the forums/IRC has been banned. So of course it's going to be all happy & comfy, if you speak out of line you get banned.

I have no problems with the community on what.cd. I hang out in a dozen channels and post on the forums regularly, a lot of people get along and the staff participate often and not always in a goofy way.

Scytalle
10-15-2009, 06:25 AM
I prefer the community at waffles but I just have not been on what that long yet. So I can't really say but I don't really notice that much of a difference between the two. I have never not found a file I needed at either site. I am not a hardcore music person though. I really don't pay attention between the stats at trackers at all. I just download and seed and go my own way.

soulreaper
10-15-2009, 06:29 AM
I can get behind the "waffles has a community feel" comments because everyone I know, including myself who didn't jive with others on the forums/IRC has been banned. So of course it's going to be all happy & comfy, if you speak out of line you get banned.

The same can be said about what.cd. Being a member of both sites I feel waffles has a friendlier atmosphere.
Example- They don't care if you mention the url of these secret sites(right/wrong you judge) is an indication that they're laidback. Each to his own I guess.:cool:

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
i like both tbh...obviously what is way more organized...but there are aspects of waffles that are great as well - such as the requests section is much better (and u also don't lose any upload to request and/or vote on one...which i feel is a better idea)

that said, both sites are really tough to seed on so that kinda sucks...but the content they have is just so massive that its all worth it in the end