PDA

View Full Version : Bitmetv.org account ban HELP!

rastetter
09-16-2009, 02:52 AM
So the other day a friend sent me a 'different' version of utorrent. He told me it was a version that cheated the system some how.

Soo out of my stupid curiosity I installed it.

Opened it up to check out what it did. I immediately realized it loaded all my torrents from regular utorrent, so I immediately stopped all torrents.

2 days later I realized I was banned from bitmetv, so I went over to their IRC channel asking why I was banned. The thought of it being related to the 3 seconds i had an illegal client running never crossed my mind.

I was treated with hostility, they wouldn't tell me what I did. then I started considering that maybe that illegal client was the reason, but I still kinda doubted it.

So I told them what I did and well... no sympathy.

I know it looks bad on my part, but I shouldnt be banned for a mere 3 seconds. It was an honest mistake, and I had no intentions of cheating... I've been a member for 2.5 years and finally was getting my ratio closer and closer to 1.00

Any advice? I'd like an email address of an admin over there because on IRC i was treated like shit.

TP635
09-16-2009, 03:00 AM
I know it looks bad on my part, but I shouldnt be banned for a mere 3 seconds. It was an honest mistake, and I had no intentions of cheating..STUPIDITY at its height

Rart
09-16-2009, 03:04 AM
You can find staff here and PM them:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tracker-staff-members-fst-232869

I doubt however that their email is public knowledge.

Although honestly you never should've opened that program in the first place =/. Even if its just cause you're "curious", even the smallest amount can be detected. "Just wanting to see it" is never an excuse for using a cheating program.

And I really wouldn't blame BMTV. Anyone could make up that kind of excuse, it's an old age excuse I bet hundreds of banned users use. Why should they believe you over the other countless cheaters who have used the same excuse =/

However, if there was a way for staff to see that you only had the cheat client for a couple of seconds, that may help back up you claim, but I don't know if they log that kind of info or if they just flagged your account. (And there is definitely no way anyone else at FST could tell or not, so we probably aren't of much use).

Good luck.

Six66Mike
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM
The list needs to be updated, Mareko is no longer staff there. If you speak with someone else be as nice and honest as you can, their attitude will reflect your mood as well.

rastetter
09-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Thanks, It's also not letting me PM at the moment, maybe because I just joined or because i only have 2 posts.

Good point, The staff in IRC probed at me. I really didnt know why I was banned but he was like "YOU KNOW WHY, JUST ADMIT IT" and then I started considering that 3 seconds could've gotten me banned, and told him what i did. So it does kinda look like I was trying to play it off.

He also pulled up some PM's I sent. Maybe 3-4 months ago I downloaded the same torrent file on 2 computers (different IP, different US state) and I sent PM's concerned that I would be banned for doing that. The IRC moderator said that this showed that I may have had intentions to cheat all along. I said that was rediculous because that PM was showing my concern and care to NOT get banned... I was clearly fearful of my mistake

But 2.5 years, 200GB uploaded! how can they just ban me and call me a cheater for a 3 seconds mistake!! ahhh i really hope i get back on this site

Rart
09-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Honestly though I feel like your comment that you were struggling to reach a 1.0 ratio doesn't help. It provides more evidence for the Mods to believe you were purposely cheating to try to raise your ratio.

rastetter
09-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Well over the summer I was steadily declining. about 3 weeks ago I finally got faster internet. My ratio was steadily increasing for the first time in a year. So i wasnt struggling. I was happily watching my ratio increase every day.

n00bz0r
09-16-2009, 03:39 AM
ratsetter.. ya asked for it. ('Accidentally' 'trying' to cheat the system would make anyone raise doubts about ur age and IQ)
Quit being a PITA for the BMTV staffers, instead.. put those hours you will be wasting into doing something better IRL.

rastetter
09-16-2009, 03:46 AM
ratsetter.. ya asked for it. ('Accidentally' 'trying' to cheat the system would make anyone raise doubts about ur age and IQ)

WTF does opening an cheating copy of utorrent for 3 seconds have to do with my IQ and my AGE?? that comment leads me to raise doubts about your age and IQ. Sorry on getting hostile but jeez man what a comment

Funkin'
09-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Your account is gone. Live and learn.

rastetter
09-16-2009, 04:00 AM
ehh worth a shot at getting it back though

lysine
09-16-2009, 04:04 AM
But 2.5 years, 200GB uploaded! how can they just ban me and call me a cheater for a 3 seconds mistake!! ahhh i really hope i get back on this site

if you've been torrenting for 2.5 years or more, you should know the deal with cheaters by now. good riddance.

OlegL
09-16-2009, 04:28 AM
You lost their trust, rastetter. They won't be able to trust you again.

TP635
09-16-2009, 04:38 AM
WTF does opening an cheating copy of utorrent for 3 seconds have to do with my IQ and my AGE?? that comment leads me to raise doubts about your age and IQ. Sorry on getting hostile but jeez man what a comment

What would you do if they did not catch you? I am sure you would happily use it to improve your ratio. And when your ratio goes up to 10:1 would then report yourself to the staff and ask them to reset the ratio back?

rastetter
09-16-2009, 04:55 AM
No I wouldn't have. I didnt even find out I was banned until 2 days after opening the program.

It's not like i searched the internet for cheating torrent programs, it just fell into my lap and I took a quick peak... I wanted to see what was different about the program. I immediately stopped all torrents, looked around in the program a bit, then exited it and never went back. I don't even think i would've tried it on public trackers as I have no good reason to do so.

Raban
09-16-2009, 04:56 AM
What would you do if they did not catch you? I am sure you would happily use it to improve your ratio.

oh of course he would have ... probably woulda pumped that sucker to about a 3:1 ratio... then been on instant messenger bragging to all his friends about how he was a master hacker and had con'd the bitemetv system

this is exactly the kinda person we dont need in the bittorent community...

rastetter
09-16-2009, 05:08 AM
stop judging me man. If i wanted to do that I would've done it. and I didn't! not because I was banned because I didn't even know i was banned. Stop making me have to repeat myself. I'm not some cheating asshole and I agree the bittorrent community doesnt need those people.

I've come across these programs before, I just never opened one. now If I wanted to try to cheat and "brag to my friends" why haven't I done so in the past?

sez
09-16-2009, 05:13 AM

rastetter
09-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the tip... I'll give it a shot

Six66Mike
09-16-2009, 06:35 AM
If you sent PM's concerned something may have been seen as cheating and were pro-active about it I don't see what the big deal now is. Using that as some sort of past example of cheating is a load of shit so I don't like that line you were told by whoever. To me it shows sincerity and honesty, you downloaded on 2 machines and thought it might lead to trouble to you set out to clear the air immediately.

Regarding the client it was a stupid move but if you didn't know what the effect would be or how great it would be then it's hard to cast the final stone I think. I'd like to know more about what actually happened as a result of using it, did your upload suddenly spike 500GB or something?

rastetter
09-16-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. The download had 20-25 different utorrent.exe's with different features.

I opened a random one. A reply to my post about being banned on the forums i got the utorrent from leads me to believe I opened the Stealth mode one. Probably some sorta instant detection there. Also says you can get banned because your upload goes crazy high... but i didnt even give it enough time for that to happen

eram
09-16-2009, 07:10 AM
whatever. itīs gone . get over it

The_Martinator
09-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Nice story. I'm not buying it, though.

Do you know that every cheater that gets caught has some sort of story that isn't true in 99,9% of the cases? Why should they believe you?

kukushka
09-16-2009, 07:17 AM
ok i'll try to be a more politically correct this time. this is internet and it doesn't matter at all how many "seconds" program runned. it communicated with server, this is quite enough. just using altered torrent client is a cheating as well. the fact that you didn't think about possible consequences or theory, that you didn't wanted to do something baaaad don't excuse you at all. cheating=ban.

kids, here's a lesson for you - download your software only from reliable sources, don't trust your friends that offering 25 utorrents for the price of one
oh, and overestimate the superpower of your mind as rare as possible. better safe than sorry

Bad-Day
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
@op

again, ill remind you kids.

Everyday, theres a ship leaving to namek, that goes thru mars, be sure to be on it.

What a stupid thing to say, i wanted to cheat, i tried i got banned, and know i want a second change.

Ps: i just hope, youre not from my country, you xxxxx

Bad-Day
09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
sorry

soulreaper
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Dude forget about your account and move on to tvtorrents.com. Plenty of good stuff there.

susiserken
09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
3 seconds with 1GB upload speed much? :whistling

Bad-Day
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
3 seconds with 1GB upload speed much? :whistling:wacko:

What are you saying,... that he his a cheater ? :shifty:

rastetter
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
upload speed didnt even go up

Skiz
09-16-2009, 02:38 PM