PDA

View Full Version : What.cd Banned me, for Ratiomaster

Karlitas
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Hello!

I have what.cd, or rather had. I had in almost 2 weeks uploaded some apps/e-learning, around 11 uploads totally. I am using 3-4 different IPS's. I got 2 seedboxes, one gigabit seedbox, one 100/100 , my home 24/24 and now I am currently at my fathers house on 12/1.

I only use seedboxes however to download since I always try to upload 100g before I start download, A general rule I have.

Anyways, today i tried to log in and it said I was deactivated. Joined what.cd-disabled and asked why. He said Ratio master. I did not even have the time to say anything before I was g-lined.

Here is the conversatioN:

"2:52 • Set by padutch on [Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 04:09:27]
12:52 Karlita • !mod MusicQueen
12:52 %ZeRobot • Member ::: MusicQueen (/) ::: http://what.cd/user.php?id=174595 https://ssl.what.cd/user.php?id=174595
12:52 [ZeRobot VERSION]
12:52 @TedMaul • Karlita you're a cheater
12:52 Karlita • TedMaul: Cheater how?
12:53 @TedMaul • By attempting to falsify upload data
12:53 @TedMaul • Using RatioMaster
12:53 Karlita • :S
12:53 @TedMaul • So go away
12:53 Karlita • Wait a second
12:53 Karlita • Falisfy how?
12:53 @TedMaul • [11:53] <@TedMaul> Using RatioMaster
12:54 Karlita • TedMaul: Ratiomaster? But I am uploader. I have barely downloaded anything and uploaded alot of things
12:54 @TedMaul • You've used RatioMaster. We don't want you here.
12:54 * Disconnected"

How can I be a cheater, with barely 40gig upload in 2 weeks, and 11 OWN uploads. I made 11 torrents. At minimum 500mb/each. One were 14gig (poker gambling protection), some were 8gig.. etc. So a mix of different e-learning more or less. And each one was downloaded. Yet I am using a ratiomaster?

I don't understand why he did not even give me a second to explain, just ban me without even a benefit of a doubt?

Is there someone I could talk to?

As mentioned. 2 weeks + uploading my own 11 torrents, (and 2-5 albums I had downloaded and seeded), 40gig.. That's using Ratiomaster? It does not make sense at all.

All help, info, etc is mostly appreciated.

Thanks
Karla

n00bz0r
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
i didn't bother going through the thread details..but, by the looks of the thread topic.. all i could do was.. :slap:
:frusty:

The_Martinator
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
i didn't bother going through the thread details..but, by the looks of the thread topic.. all i could do was.. :slap:
:frusty:

I did go through the thread and despite the misleading title, the OP says he didn't use the cheating software.

Anywhoo, OP, creating a new (dupe?) account here just because of the fact you were banned at What.cd doesn't speak in your favor. And don't tell me you've just found FST, cause you're soooo experienced with building l33t ratios. :rolleyes:

OlegL
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Wait for WhatMan to read this thread. Maybe he'll be able to help you. If you are a cheater, you will stay banned. If you are not a cheater, you'll be re-enabled.

wheeloftime
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Anywhoo, OP, creating a new (dupe?) account here just because of the fact you were banned at What.cd doesn't speak in your favor. And don't tell me you've just found FST, cause you're soooo experienced with building l33t ratios. :rolleyes:

Most members of most torrent sites have never heard of FST. Most members of torrent sites who build up buffers on their accounts probably haven't heard of FST either.

Rilly
09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Most people that cheat using ratio master don't bother with creating torrents and uploading files.. They hide in the shadows finding active torrents.. they aren't uploaders...

lisabritpop
09-18-2009, 04:16 PM
I advise you to wait for a staff to read your thread

Maybe you'll get your account back :) good luck!

WhatMan
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Okay, I've reviewed your case, and my conclusion is that you definitely cheated. Now, the moderator who dealt with you may have gotten something wrong - I doubt that it was with RatioMaster. But we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

Cabalo
09-18-2009, 05:03 PM
well, how could the op have any credibility if he came here post with a brand new account, hiding in the shadows.

Polarbear
09-18-2009, 05:37 PM
These crying one post new account cheater get on my nerves.

ovisan
09-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Sad... its like shagging your own mum and then asking why's the kid looking just like you..

Skiz
09-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Okay, I've reviewed your case, and my conclusion is that you definitely cheated. Now, the moderator who dealt with you may have gotten something wrong - I doubt that it was with RatioMaster. But we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

PWNED!!1

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/pwned-20833.jpg

sez
09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
40gigs in two weeks on what=a cheater.

aen
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
PWNED!!1

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/pwned-20833.jpg
lol they looks like two waffles :)

kukushka
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
40gigs in two weeks on what=a cheater.
btw, there were some ratio issues recently.. smth like

http://a.imagehost.org/0086/what_cd_staff_picks_lulz.jpg

:lol: (c) LarryL

Karlitas
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
40gig in 2 weeks is a cheater? Not if you upload stuff and you run a seedbox. If you cant make that happen (When uploading) then you suck,

When it comes to breaking the rules with 7 of my torrents, that I don't know about. I read what I could upload, said e-learning, so I uploaded magic. That's e-learning for sure =) (It's howto's).

I was not upset with being banned, I was upset with being called cheater =). Oh well. Thanks for the time anyway.

And for those of you claiming one should know about fst, not everyone knows it. i did a search on what.cd + ratiomaster + banned to see if someone else was into the simliar case as me. And found a link to this site. Anyways, thanks whatman for taking time to check it out.

well, how could the op have any credibility if he came here post with a brand new account, hiding in the shadows.

Do you honestly think that every people in the torrentworld knows about this site? I have visited this site twice. One time to ask about the seedbox I was getting from seedbox.fr but it said I need 30 days membership so I did not bother, and now I searched for people in a similiar situation and found this site.

It's amazing how people draws the conclution that just because someone is new, then something must be wrong! ohh

sez
09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
40gig in 2 weeks is a cheater? Not if you upload stuff and you run a seedbox. If you cant make that happen (When uploading) then you suck,

I can categorically deny ever saying that you are a cheater if you upload 40gigs in two weeks.There should be a press statement out by now.
Though I don't have any doubts of WhatMan being wrong.He is an inventor you know,be proud he looked into your case.

Benjamin
09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
@OP I actually thought you might be innocent until WhatMan posted, good work though. Amazes me how people like you waste their time trying to deceive people after you get caught.

Rart
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
OP what do you expect us to do? Believe every single excuse you make that any other cheater could say as well, then vailantly try to help you?

We don't have records of logs at What.cd. We don't have admin privledges to look at whether you had really been uploading. Theres nothing we can do. Even if we believe what you say, we can't do anything.

Only the what.cd staff, which actually has access to these logs can actually do anything. If they don't believe you, tough luck =/

ca_aok
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
40gig in 2 weeks is a cheater? Not if you upload stuff and you run a seedbox. If you cant make that happen (When uploading) then you suck
You're a moron. They don't ban everyone who uploads 40GB in 2 weeks. Hell I've uploaded 70GB in a day on What at times. They banned you because you were shown as uploading data on torrents with zero leechers. No one cares about your attempts to feign innocence.

My suggestion is drop your ratio manipulator and try Waffles.

Zaxx
09-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyways, thanks whatman for taking time to check it out.

:huh:...:)...:lol:

That's a first for me....:blink:

Duckater
09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
It really amazes me how people think they can come on sites like these expecting people to believe there bull:shit: and then complain when they get slated when some one like whatman ahs been kind enough to check there data just in case a mistake has been made.
In other words OP grow up and don't come whinging when you have cheated and got caught move on and stop cheating

kallieb
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
^^ My thoughts precisely. Very well said.

Bad-Day
09-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Another one bites the dust.

What, was it, that made you think, that a post in here would help you?

Cabalo
09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
it helped me... get the lulz.

Duckater
09-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I would guess about 1 out of 100 is really a genuine mistake out of the posts made here and all the other posts then make it a lot harder for genuine people to get back due to idiots like the OP of this thread, but I do realise we are never gonna stop idiots thinking they can do like the OP of this thread has :lol:

n00bz0r
09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
40gig in 2 weeks is a cheater? Not if you upload stuff and you run a seedbox. If you cant make that happen (When uploading) then you suck
You're a moron. They don't ban everyone who uploads 40GB in 2 weeks. Hell I've uploaded 70GB in a day on What at times. They banned you because you were shown as uploading data on torrents with zero leechers. No one cares about your attempts to feign innocence.

+1.. (dont use modified client.. stick to the good old utorrent one gets from utorrent.com)

lisabritpop
09-19-2009, 02:16 AM
40gig in 2 weeks is a cheater? Not if you upload stuff and you run a seedbox. If you cant make that happen (When uploading) then you suckYou're a moron. They don't ban everyone who uploads 40GB in 2 weeks. Hell I've uploaded 70GB in a day on What at times. They banned you because you were shown as uploading data on torrents with zero leechers. No one cares about your attempts to feign innocence.

+1, a lesson to OP

buggyfresh
09-19-2009, 02:46 AM

:lol: genius!

OlegL
09-19-2009, 03:11 AM
OP, I guess you never really cared about what would happen to your what.cd account; that's why you decided to cheat.

lisabritpop
09-19-2009, 03:15 AM
OP, I guess you never really cared about what would happen to your what.cd account; that's why you decided to cheat.

:happy: Maybe Op want to Challenge rules there

OlegL
09-19-2009, 03:17 AM
lol.

TP635
09-19-2009, 04:01 AM

A 40gb buffered account in What is a valuable trading commodity.

n00bz0r
09-19-2009, 05:38 AM

A 40gb buffered account in What is a valuable trading commodity.

damn.. an account wid a TB of buffer would be teh holy grail i suppose..:naughty:

amashinga
09-19-2009, 07:16 AM

This. Don't explain to us how you are such a good uploader, explain how your upload stats were increasing with no peers connected ?. Logs don't fake data, they can be explained or mitigated, but not denied.

Alien5
09-19-2009, 05:21 PM
you can't go wrong with ratio....ermm wtf were you thinking. :o

Karlitas
09-19-2009, 07:57 PM
I am sorry to disappoint but I do not see my self as a cheater. I've made a thread about this on another forum and they said that it might have todo with me double uploading.

I upload my files on several trackers and then it asks me if I want to "add this tracker" in utorrent. I chose ofcourse yes, because if i pick no it does not add anything.

I was not here to get my account back, If i would've gotten it back, I would not complain, but I wrote here because I was acused of ratiocheating and that was unfair. If I ratiocheat I would not cheat only with 40 gig..

Secondly I am not honored as someone told me to be because whatman looked into my case. I am happy he took his time and that's appreciated.

All I wanted was an explanation to what I did wrong.

Anyways, thanks

OlegL
09-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Wait. Are you saying that your uploaded amount was being reported not just to what.cd, but to another tracker as well? Then, of course, it's cheating. I think it's mentioned in their rules that you can't do that. (And common sense would also tell you not to do it).
Utorrent is not complicated. It wouldn't ask you to "add this tracker". You simply get a .torrent file from a tracker and then open it in utorrent. And then you happily download/upload and your downloaded/uploaded amount is announced to only one tracker.

Rart
09-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I am sorry to disappoint but I do not see my self as a cheater. I've made a thread about this on another forum and they said that it might have todo with me double uploading.

I upload my files on several trackers and then it asks me if I want to "add this tracker" in utorrent. I chose ofcourse yes, because if i pick no it does not add anything.

I was not here to get my account back, If i would've gotten it back, I would not complain, but I wrote here because I was acused of ratiocheating and that was unfair. If I ratiocheat I would not cheat only with 40 gig..

Secondly I am not honored as someone told me to be because whatman looked into my case. I am happy he took his time and that's appreciated.

Anyways, thanks

That changes everything =/. You shouldn't be adding additional trackers to the torrent, what.cd torrents are for the what.cd tracker. That is a huge mistake, but still an honest mistake so I hope you learn from it.

kondrae
09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Also recommended that you have DHT off if you only use private trackers, as there have been cases that led it to pick up non-member leechers

1000possibleclaws
09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
That means when you're uploading to another site it will count on whatcd as well, and vice-versa. Hopefully you don't get banned on waffles as well assuming it was the other site you upped the appz to. I don't know of any private tracker that allows using the same torrent (file) on multiple sites.

Make a new torrent for a new site is the proper way to upload, hope you learn from your mistake.

Karlitas
09-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I've done it for so long now without knowing it could cause anything. Never been banned or warned for it before. I have 5-6 trackers and if I download something from say tracker X. I download the same file from tracker Y.. Now some sites makes it's own "torrent", and some site asks "This file already exists, would you like to load trackers from it" or something similiar. I always chose yes, believing that it was the clients way of making everything clean in the UI, not that if I download from tracker A, then B "gets the same info".

And this was what I wanted to find out, WHAT was it that made me banned. And now that I found out I am happy, I don't feel like being banned from another tracker. As I mentioned earlier, I pay for a seedbox giga from seedbox.fr and a seedbox 100/100 from a swedish guy. I would not pay for two seedboxes + my own internet if I were a cheater. I can't prove anything and I am not here to prove anything, as someone said, the logs on what.cd says more then I can. However, i still say it: I did not cheat.

I am writing here also explaining the rest because maybe someone else with similiar case reads this and can hopefully prevent being banned.

And please, once again, not everyone heard about this site, and just cause my first post was this thread don't mean I make a duplicate account, admins are more then welcome to check.

Maybe you have trolls here, or people without not brave enough to say with their real name. But if you are not brave enough, on the internet, you should stay home in the kindergarden.

Just because you find 99 apples that were bad, don't mean the 100th would be, give people a benefit of a doubt because trust me, not everyone has bad intentions. Some people makes errors without really knowing them, like in my case. And directly, without knowing me or the background story you judge me.

That's wrong.

Ok, once again, thanks for everything and for clarifying verything for me.

lisabritpop
09-20-2009, 02:52 AM

Anyways, thanks

Though it still seems a hugh mistake,your attitude is sincere and quite..hope next time you'll never make the same mistake :) Gool luck

Chief_Garbonzo
09-20-2009, 04:49 AM
ive seen forums posts elsewhere, and even heard co-workers talking about how they do this, the "add this tracker" thing... and none of them have ever got caught.. i told them its wrong, but oh wells. to the OP, I really respect your honesty with telling us about you adding multiple trackers.

no pain, no gain. we remember from our mistakes. good luck tho :dabs:

sez
09-20-2009, 05:05 AM

Anyways, thanks

Now that made sense,but why didn't you say it earlier?
Anyways,the last fellow I recall being banned over this got his account back after some serious ass chewing on here...You should also check with waffles to avoid being banned on there too as advised.

Karlitas
09-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Now that made sense,but why didn't you say it earlier?
Anyways,the last fellow I recall being banned over this got his account back after some serious ass chewing on here...You should also check with waffles to avoid being banned on there too as advised.

I did not say it earlier because I did even not think about it for a second, more less know it was a bad thing. It was after whatman said "There was some kind of cheating" I started asking around. In one forum one guy asked me if I add multiply trackers and I said yes and he then explained that it might be the reason.

Maybe this is not the right forum then I will ask in the proper place.

Ps: Is someone else getting "page can not be found" when replying/quoting etc? I get 3 x http:/filesharing.com/vb3/

Similiar to this: http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3293047
ds.

Night0wl
09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
To be quite honest it seems to me, that you skip reading rules of sites and that's the main reason why you are banned. Not knowing that seeding the same file on multiple trackers could be forgiven I guess (although you would find that out by reading the FAQ), but that coupled with
...(7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back. uploading torrents where almost 75% do not comply with the rules, also means you didn't read the uploading rules, or at least didn't read and understand them.

Honest mistake maybe, but one which could have been easily avoided, if you read the rules and FAQ. Part of this maybe due to your inviter not telling you to, but still that's the first thing you should do on any tracker.

redMonster
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
This is why it's a good idea to read the rules of every tracker. I suppose most people think of the rules as something which is there on every torrent site and they don't need to read it. Something like the License Agreement present in all software applications. I am pretty sure a very small portion of us read the EULA before clicking I Accept. But rules of trackers are a different case. You need to have thorough knowledge of the rules, especially on a tracker like what.cd where user uploads are permitted.

The rules.php of what.cd explicity mentions this in the Golden rules:

Any torrent you are seeding to this tracker must only have our tracker's URL in it. Adding another tracker's URL will cause incorrect data to be sent to our tracker, and will lead to you getting disabled for cheating.

OlegL
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Actually, it's hard for me to believe that the OP of this thread didn't know that adding the URLs of other trackers to his torrents would be cheating.

EyeCandy
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM

Anyways, thanks

I hate to say it, but I've done this before, thinking nothing of it....fucking utorrent shouldn't make it option, especially if DHT is disabled

Duckater
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Maybe if people read rules and made sure what was expected of them on trackers they would not do this.
To me not knowing is no excuse when if rules and faq are read it would not be a problem as would know it is not allowed :)

Just my 2 cents worth

OlegL
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Okay, I used utorrent for only an extremely brief period of time, so don't remember all the options it has.

philau
09-21-2009, 01:16 AM
we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

cheater!! didn't you hear whatMan just said. Your upload torrents have no peers, but you are still uploading. upload to who? It's not double uploading, not DHT. it's cheating. I suggest you learn how to cheat before making a post like this.

Zaxx
09-21-2009, 01:59 AM
I hate to say it, but I've done this before, thinking nothing of it....fucking utorrent shouldn't make it option, especially if DHT is disabled

Haven't made that mistake before but I couldn't agree more.:angry:

kallieb
09-21-2009, 02:03 AM
@ philau - That's a bit harsh, particularly considering this is your 9th post in a year of this ID. I read this whole thread, and while ignorance isn't an excuse, and reading the rules is a good lesson to learn, I would not go so far as to call this out as cheating to the max. If in doubt, read some of the massive stupidities that other posters write about when they make their "help me I've been banned from X" threads. I give the OP credit for being honest about how they messed up, and I'm sure they learned something from it.

my two cents to add to the tin.....

EyeCandy
09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

cheater!! didn't you hear whatMan just said. Your upload torrents have no peers, but you are still uploading. upload to who? It's not double uploading, not DHT. it's cheating. I suggest you learn how to cheat before making a post like this.

Actually, you are ignorant philau. It would be double uploading, if he had waffles.fm and what.cd in the same tracker list of the same torrent. He could be uploading data to peers on waffles, yet it would also show uploaded data on what...so, shut up, philau..Your harshness pissed me off.. :frusty:

TP635
09-21-2009, 02:17 AM

Actually, you are ignorant philau. It would be double uploading, if he had waffles.fm and what.cd in the same tracker list of the same torrent. He could be uploading data to peers on waffles, yet it would also show uploaded data on what...so, shut up, philau..Your harshness pissed me off.. :frusty:

Double seeding is cheating regardless of what you think, and even if you do not know that it is against the rule.

n00bz0r
09-21-2009, 02:20 AM
duh.. close this thread.
The question has been answered by Whatman..
no need to drag it on..
The OP is NOT getting his account back.. Period!

OlegL
09-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Let me just say again that I highly doubt that the OP didn't understand at first that what he was doing was cheating. I mean, it's just common sense... Even if utorrent has this supposedly confusing "Add Tracker" option (and I don't remember this option because I don't remember anything about utorrent), I highly doubt that it would ever confuse the OP.

Night0wl
09-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Well this thread is better than most. Maybe it will teach some passers by that they might benefit from reading the rules/FAQ on sites, so they don't end up in the same boat as the OP

Much more productive than half the threads here... or maybe closer to 95%

TorrentRaptor
09-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Let me just say again that I highly doubt that the OP didn't understand at first that what he was doing was cheating. I mean, it's just common sense... Even if utorrent has this supposedly confusing "Add Tracker" option (and I don't remember this option because I don't remember anything about utorrent), I highly doubt that it would ever confuse the OP.
You would be surprised at how many peeps lack the slightest bit of common-sense.

This option can be very confusing for torrent n00bs (those only using TPB and the such) what puzzles me the most is that he didn't get in any trouble by doing so on several private trackers since a long time...I guess that the other tracker's he's talking about have very very low security scripts and almost no watching staff.

WhatMan
09-21-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm still not re-enabling the account, the OP's story doesn't agree with the data, and even if it did, he would still have broken the rules. He is marked as downloading 68.64MB, but the only torrent files he's downloaded are his own, and freeleech torrents. Where did those 68.64MB come from if he was just seeding? Looks like he was ghost leeching from himself to me.

eram
09-21-2009, 07:14 AM
even though 68 mb is nothing, itīs cheating so gtfo

Karlitas
09-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm still not re-enabling the account, the OP's story doesn't agree with the data, and even if it did, he would still have broken the rules. He is marked as downloading 68.64MB, but the only torrent files he's downloaded are his own, and freeleech torrents. Where did those 68.64MB come from if he was just seeding? Looks like he was ghost leeching from himself to me.

WhatMan, thanks yet again for your answer.

As I previously stated, my intentions is not to get my account back.

I just wanted to claryfying things.

About the download. And I have downloaded one music file. Let me check what it was called one second please

"Muse-The_Resistance-PROPER-2009-BiGW" If am not mistaking.

Anyways, as I said, I don't want my account back so that's not why I wrote here. All I wanted was to know the reason to WHY.

About the adding multi tracker options. Almost all the big trackers allow this. Some when you add a torrent it just asks you were you wanna save it. And some adds tracker.

I am glad I learned my lesson now. And maybe others could learn from me.

If a admin/mod don't mind, my question was answered so thread can be locked.

For those of you that says I am a cheater and I knew what I was doing. Okey, that's your opinion and you are entiteled to it. But open your eyes. In this world, there are things called mistakes. Not everyone know everything. This has been proven worldwide everyday.

And for those other of you. Thank you.

And for whatman, thanks for taking your time.

and for the record. I'm a she, not a he.

Thanks fst.

Karlitas
09-21-2009, 10:42 AM

If i were leeching from my self then it would still count as as download. So my ratio would not change since its going to be same x/y ratio. And why only 68mb?

Let's say I did that. I got 1000/100 and 100/100. So if I did this, I would max my bandwith with my own torrent. So within 5 seconds I would've downloaded that amount, but why only 68mb then?