PDA

View Full Version : I have IPT, why would I want something else for general?

wharrislv
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm curious, what advantages might I gain by having something other than IPT? They seem to max my 16m connection, have shows a few hours after they're aired (and sometimes much before) and have a pretty deep collection along with a wide variety of packs and freeleech...is there anything else I'd be missing?

It seems like many people here say the hard to get trackers are more trouble than they're worth in the end. Is this true?

I have some other specialty sites like bitme, best mma, etc. too, I'm really only interested in hearing the comparison with general trackers.

ghurka
09-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I've been a member at IPT for over 3 years and in that time they have really come of age. In all probability you are unlikely to find much more on the other general trackers as most have pretty much the same stuff. Retention varies from tracker to tracker and in comparison IPT's retention is pretty good....a lot better than most of the trackers that are pursued.

If you're thinking about trying to get into other general trackers then I wouldn't bother unless you're either a forum whore or you care about getting the 0day stuff 5 minutes faster.

Duckater
09-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I've been a member at IPT for over 3 years and in that time they have really come of age. In all probability you are unlikely to find much more on the other general trackers as most have pretty much the same stuff. Retention varies from tracker to tracker and in comparison IPT's retention is pretty good....a lot better than most of the trackers that are pursued.

If you're thinking about trying to get into other general trackers then I wouldn't bother unless you're either a forum whore or you care about getting the 0day stuff 5 minutes faster.

+1 not been there long but got to agree good tracker :)

susiserken
09-18-2009, 11:12 PM

well said!

alltho i am on a few "high level" trackers and I find basicly the very same things on there, with just as good download speeds as i get from them :blink: atleast the general stuff as movies,tv shows etc lol :)

cinephilia
09-18-2009, 11:30 PM
/me is waiting for merwais praises about IPT

iLOVENZB
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
IPT has everything and is very underrated - Good pre times, FL Packs, Nice encoders, Easy to get a high ratio, Seed bonus.

You don't have to wait 24hrs before you download a torrent.

wharrislv
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Interesting, thanks guys for your opinions, I was kind of hoping it was this way!

Bad-Day
09-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Go get a Tl to use has a backup to Ipt

merwais
09-19-2009, 01:32 AM
/me is waiting for merwais praises about IPT

hahahahaha :naughty:

You know it mate, IPT Vs All other trackers :yup:

I am in what.cd and IPTorrents. No need other trackers.

harshytkage
09-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Ipt is teh Shitte!!!
YOu don't need anything else!

lisabritpop
09-19-2009, 02:46 AM
If you only want to get one general tracker,IPT is a good choice,its not difficult to maintain your ratio.

iLOVENZB
09-19-2009, 07:50 AM

TL doesn't have FL and it's impossible to compete with their seedboxes.

wharrislv
09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm not interested in collecting, so its good to hear that when I think IPT is good for my needs that I'm not mistaken. Thanks very much everyone!

Im still looking for a great ebooks tracker, though! I don't think one exists...

Duckater
09-19-2009, 08:30 AM

TL doesn't have FL and it's impossible to compete with their seedboxes.

I know sites that beat TL for seed boxs any time
But yeah they are quiet quick :)

IdolEyes787
09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm not interested in collecting, so its good to hear that when I think IPT is good for my needs that I'm not mistaken. Thanks very much everyone!

Im still looking for a great ebooks tracker, though! I don't think one exists...

Bibliotik is what people usually think of in regards to a E-book tracker but Myanonamouse looks very promising.

http://www.myanonamouse.net/login.php?returnto=%2F

You can try to get an invite on their irc channel

http://www.myanonamouse.net/inviteapp.php

iLOVENZB
09-19-2009, 03:30 PM

eBookVortex :whistling

merwais
09-19-2009, 05:09 PM
bitme is a good ebook site but hard to get in.

Chief_Garbonzo
09-19-2009, 05:20 PM
bitme is a good ebook site but hard to get in.

I think the OP stated he already had bitme in his first post. :happy:

Ive never checked out IPT. I guess I probably should... I hear great things about it... :P

eldiesel
09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
you still gotta try tl , files don't die there fast or maybe they never die . i have found there old well seeded scene files that i couldn't find on higher rated trackers like sct.

soulreaper
09-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm curious, what advantages might I gain by having something other than IPT? They seem to max my 16m connection, have shows a few hours after they're aired (and sometimes much before) and have a pretty deep collection along with a wide variety of packs and freeleech...is there anything else I'd be missing?

It seems like many people here say the hard to get trackers are more trouble than they're worth in the end. Is this true?

I have some other specialty sites like bitme, best mma, etc. too, I'm really only interested in hearing the comparison with general trackers.

You may still need Demonoid for general(maybe you're already a member).

Duckater
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Most good small trackers will do a great job for you if they allow new members make requests as they are very good at filling them and usually high speed download :)
Hence why no real need for TL and having get by there waite times :)

Funkin'
09-20-2009, 02:45 AM
You can try Gigapedia for ebooks. It's not a tracker, but a forum where all the files are hosted on filehosters. But there's is literally an ocean of content over there. So it may be worth checking out.

wharrislv
09-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the recommendation on gigapedia, I'll try it. anonamouse and ebokvortex i've got accounts already. They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.

iLOVENZB
09-20-2009, 11:25 AM
They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.

There is a request section on eBookVortex ;)

DarkLured
09-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the recommendation on gigapedia, I'll try it. anonamouse and ebokvortex i've got accounts already. They have decent selections, but like most book sites, they're almost totally learning and not fiction.

I'll second the Bibliotik recommendation (PM me if you need an invite) and Demonoid's e-book section is pretty decent.

As for general content, the only private tracker you really "need" besides a good general/0-day tracker like IPT is Demonoid IMO.

BrianH
09-24-2009, 01:53 AM
why would u have ip torrents in the first place lol

iLOVENZB
09-24-2009, 06:56 AM

You're really asking for it aren't you? IPT is a very under rated tracker - decent pre times, seed bonus, free leech packs and encoders - SANTi, FLAWL3SS etc.

One of the best trackers imo :)

wharrislv
09-24-2009, 07:03 AM

Thats pretty much the point of the thread, why would I want anything else? If you've got some trackers that fulfill needs that you don't think could be fulfilled by IPT, what are those needs? What is the advantage of another general tracker? What would I gain by having another general tracker?

iLOVENZB
09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I guess one flaw of IPT is 'home' upload speeds are no competition to the seed boxes (like most trackers I suppose?).

I've (somehow) managed to upload 6GB on IPT with an upload speed of 256kbps. I've nearly got 1000 seed bonus point of which I'll exchange for 10GB upload credit.

tippertime
09-24-2009, 06:30 PM
its not a bad idea to have another tracker as a backup...TL, RevTT, SCC any of those are great backup options