PDA

View Full Version : Solomon Kane Trailer, Coolio

SonsOfLiberty
09-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Coolio looking movie no?

lalm_kkczVM

There have been a couple of versions of the trailer to director Michael J. Bassett’s Solomon Kane floating around, but I’ve patiently waited for the official English version before posting. At last it is here.

After the jump, check out the trailer for what looks like an awesome action-fantasy film.

Produced by Davis Films, Solomon Kane is the first of a trilogy of films based on novels by Conan the Barbarian author Robert E. Howard.

The film stars James Purefoy (Rome, The Philanthropist) as Solomon Kane, a 16th Century warrior who has renounced violence after learning his brutal past has damned him to hell, but whose unavoidable path is as a hero to rid the world of evil.

Additional cast include Jason Flemyng (Clash of the Titans / Stardust), Pete Postlethwaite (Clash of the Titans / Aeon Flux /The Omen), Rachel Hurd-Wood (An American Haunting / Peter Pan) and the more well known Max von Sydow (Minority Report / Rush Hour 3 /Judge Dredd).

This movie may very well be what Van Helsing should have been, a believable and dark action-fantasy film. As can be seen from the trailer, it is also bursting with Lord of the Rings elements.

As yet Solomon Kane doesn’t have a US distributor. On one hand I’m amazed by that fact, especially after seeing the trailer, but on the other after watching Jamin Winans’ Ink struggle to get distributorship I’m also not surprised.

Nonetheless, Solomon Kane is getting a birth at the Toronto Film Festival this Wednesday and Thursday. If the trailer is indicative of the film (and judging by AICN’s review of it I’m guessing it is), and if the IMDB 9.5 rating from 68 voters is any indication, then hopefully it won’t be long until a US distributor realizes the potential and snaps it up.

Either way, December 31, 2009 in Russia is where the action begins.

At least there are some decent movies to look forward to no?

Remember soon after this, we get "The Book Of Eli"!!!!! It's like a Fallout 3 movie basically!