PDA

View Full Version : Bit gamer or Underground Gamer?

brento
09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I would like to sign up at one of the two and I would like to know which one you guys think is better?

Eargasm
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Underground Gamer, last I checked, is all about retro games from yesteryear. I'm an on again off again member (when I'm itching to play some old games).

Not sure about Bit Gamer as I've personally never been a member there.

Yoann64
09-20-2009, 05:00 PM
UG is great if you're looking for old stuffs for i.e. SNES, NES, Saturn, Atari, N64 ...
BG is more for Xbox, Xbox360,Wii,DS,PSP, PS2, PS3 etc...

Rart
09-20-2009, 05:09 PM
They are completely different sites with different content, there's no way to compare them. UG is retro, BG is modern. They're like complements to eachother, which is why they're sister sites.

The_Martinator
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
They are completely different sites with different content, there's no way to compare them. UG is retro, BG is modern. They're like complements to eachother, which is why they're sister sites.

+1

So in the end it depends what kind of gamer you are.

brento
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
U-G sounds like my kind of thing.

EDIT: Sorry, user limit reached. Please try again later.
Rats!

Rart
09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
You can visit the irc channel to request an invite.

brento
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
You can visit the irc channel to request an invite.

sweet, will do. Hope some staff are online ATM

MadIrish
09-21-2009, 05:31 AM
UG is a total mecca for retro gaming, its just a brilliant site all round.

I like BG too, but due to its focus on newer gaming more things on there can also be found elsewhere, making it less essential than UG if you're really into your gaming.

Both sites try to encourage uploading of torrents with proper descriptions and high quality contents, which is to be applauded imo. They're also both easy enough to keep a decent ratio on for average home-connection users who seed properly, which is always a plus.

Funkin'
09-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys.
U-G sounds like my kind of thing.

EDIT: Sorry, user limit reached. Please try again later.
Rats!

If you can't get in there anytime soon, then just go visit EmuParadise. That's an old school gamers dream site. UG is great(especially they're helpful forums), but Emuparadise will hold you over until you get in.

lisabritpop
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM

+1

So in the end it depends what kind of gamer you are.

yep,why not grap both of them :happy: then you can choose whatever you like~

Lovestoned
09-21-2009, 12:48 PM
If I were you I'd have chosen BitGamer over Underground Gamer.