PDA

View Full Version : Dude, Where's My Country?

Gutter
10-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Michael Moore's New Book, "Dude Where's My Country?" Hits the Streets This Tuesday

I have written a new book, and this Tuesday it's being released. It's called, "DUDE, WHERE'S MY COUNTRY?" Because its content is likely to upset more than a few people, the publisher has "embargoed" the book until midnight Monday (which means no store or media outlet or anyone has access to a copy of the book until then).

They have taken these measures because I have written a book that seeks not to defeat the Bush people next year, but to have them removed from Washington right now. I know, I'm not asking for much. But I have spent the better part of the past year researching and writing this new book, and when you read it you'll see why the current criminal investigation of the White House for outing a CIA agent in revenge is, in my opinion, just the tip of the iceberg. I can only hope that my book will make a small contribution toward that day when we'll see one long perp walk of administration officials in handcuffs being led out of the White House and into a waiting paddy wagon. Like I said, I'm not asking for much.

"Dude, Where's My Country?" is also my humble attempt to violate the Patriot Act on every single page of the book. And, I have learned that many want to get on John Ashcroft's evildoer list with me. There are already a record number of orders from bookstores across the country. The first printing alone is almost one million copies (my last book's first printing was 50,000). Chapters include "Oil's Well That Ends Well," "The United States of BOO!", "How to Talk to Your Conservative Brother-in-law," and more. (Click here to see the cover that will win me a free ticket to Gitmo)

If you get the New York Times, you may have noticed a mysterious ad for the past four days in the Arts section. Each day, the ad simply asks a new, pointed question of Mr. Bush. They are questions from my new book, from a chapter entitled, "Seven Questions for George of Arabia." We are running one ad each day until the book comes out on Tuesday. In case you've missed them, here are the first four:

Dear Mr. Bush, is it true that the bin Ladens have had business relations with you and your family off and on for the past 25 years?
Dear "Mr. President," what is the "special relationship" between the Bushes and the Saudi royal family?
Dear "Mr. President," who attacked the United States on September 11th—a guy on dialysis from a cave in Afghanistan, or our friends, the Saudi Arabians?
Dear "Mr. President," why did you allow a private Saudi jet to fly around the U.S. in the days after September 11th and pick up members of the bin Laden family and then fly them out of the country without a proper investigation by the FBI?
In my book, I provide some of the answers and all of the background evidence. It is astounding, and it is criminal. Will there be one Democrat in Congress willing to begin the investigation?

Taken from MichaelMoore.com (http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/dudewheresmycountry/)

When the powers-that-be succeeded in ignoring-and then silencing-the nation's widespread dissent over war, one man stood on an Oscar stage and, in front of a billion people, outed the commander in chief for his fictitious presidency and his fictitious war. Now, just a few months later, those words have remarkably become the accepted truth of the land.

Yes, Michael Moore is the scourge of Stupid White Men everywhere. He's taken on fat cats, gun nuts, lying politicians. The Guardian describes him as "a wake-up call, a kick in the mental backside." And now he's back-daring to ask the most urgent question of these perilous times:

Michael Moore is on a mission in his new book: Regime Change. The man who slithered into the White House on tracks greased by his daddy's oil buddies is one of many targets in Mike's blistering follow-up to his smash #1 hit Stupid White Men, the biggest-selling nonfiction book of the year. Now no one is safe: corporate barons who have bilked millions out of their employees' lifetime savings, legislators who have stripped away our civil liberties in the name of "homeland security," and even that right-wing brother-in-law of yours (yes, we all have one) who manages, year after year, through his babbling idiocy, to ruin Thanksgiving dinner.

Due out October 7th

Gutter
10-05-2003, 07:09 PM
I also read news/rumors of his next movie Fahrenheit 911 (The Temperature At Which Freedom Burns)

Somewhat of a take off on the book Fahrenheit 451 (Which The Temperature That A Book Will Burn At.)

http://www.gradesaver.com/ClassicNotes/Titles/images/fahrenheitcover.gif

"Set in the 24th century, Fahrenheit 451 tells the story of the protagonist, Guy Montag, who at the start of the story takes pleasure in his profession as a fireman whose job is not to put out fires - houses are now fireproofed - but rather to set fires to burn books, which are contraband, and the houses in which they are kept illegally."

Gutter
10-09-2003, 10:35 PM
His next movie has been confirmed, as I got to watch Conan last night and Micheal Moore was a guest. He confirmed his next movie, which will deal with the relationships between the bush family and bin laden family. Way to go mike!

HeavyMetalParkingLot
10-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Michael Moore is a complete idiot (http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/)

Gutter
10-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@10 October 2003 - 15:53
Michael Moore is a complete idiot (http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/)
nice site heavy

DarkReality
10-13-2003, 07:13 AM
I don't know much about him, but he spoke in my hometown about his book "Stupid White Men." I've never read the books or seen the movie, but I know he's stirring shit. Stirring shit makes people think sometimes. And if he's getting people to say he's a complete idiot and throw up web sites to debunk him, either he is, or he's got something really important to say that people don't want the general population to know. :ph34r:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
10-13-2003, 01:57 PM
there is a difference between trying to open peoples eyes to the facts they don't want to see and actually making up things and distorting facts.

Adster
10-18-2003, 06:53 AM
yes nice site heavy I like it

Gutter
10-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot@13 October 2003 - 13:57
there is a difference between trying to open peoples eyes to the facts they don't want to see and actually making up things and distorting facts.
regardless I can enjoy someone that can stir shit up