PDA

View Full Version : Legalization of marijuana and jobs?

mr. nails
09-25-2009, 07:58 AM
everyday the legalization of marijuana gets closer & closer in the state of california. if marijuana does become legal does that mean i could toke up every nite after work and still have a job? i mean, u can with alcohol. just seeing what ur opinions are about this.

as the new law states:

"Allow anyone over 21 to possess or grow marijuana for personal use."

as of September 24th, 2009
Former State Senate President running for Major states (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/matierandross/detail?entry_id=48310&tsp=1)

Skiz
09-25-2009, 08:10 AM
I could be talking out of my ass here but, couldn't any employer make a contractual stipulation upon being hired that you are not allowed to engage in marijuana use at or outside of work. Maybe even do random drug testing?

I mean, why not? Athletes have to agree to that for their jobs...

BTW, are you still working at the tit bar?

mr. nails
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I could be talking out of my ass here but, couldn't any employer make a contractual stipulation upon being hired that you are not allowed to engage in marijuana use at or outside of work. Maybe even do random drug testing?

I mean, why not? Athletes have to agree to that for their jobs...

right, but then why don't they do it with alcohol?

BTW, are you still working at the tit bar?

naw. paid off my truck, my bills and monies in pocket. then they decided to cut my wages in 1/2. lol, i quit.

Skiz
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I assume because alcohol is already publicly accepted. Companies likely don't see alcohol affecting their employees in the workplace either.

You're absolutely right about Cali though. I have a friend in Long Beach and he has a scrip. Says he had a quick appointment with a doctor and said pot helped his illness/injury (I can't remember the whole story) and he got a Rx.

Barbarossa
09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
I think if you persistently turned upto work drunk or hungover they might have a quiet word with you...

Something Else
09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Certain jobs do have no-alcohol rules. Fitbaw for instance.

SonsOfLiberty
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I assume because alcohol is already publicly accepted. Companies likely don't see alcohol affecting their employees in the workplace either.

:lol: That's just plain insane, your joking right? Publicly accepted by some not all, and not effecting them? Have you ever been hung over and had to go to work, I guess that wouldn't effect someone or make them take a sick day.

I don't see people going around killing kids/people because they decided to smoke a joint and go to bed/play games/work :) I see people die everyday from alcohol, I don't mean this to become arguement, but maybe the post does, but alcohol is worse, if I was the one making rules I would say no alcohol but you could smoke all the pot you want, see the difference is, "some" people have to smoke to function, and there are "safe" employers to, you just have to find them, which I mean, you get tested like once a year if that, and it's easy to fake, because well they don't give a shit.

Honestly, alcohol is bad, have at least 2-3 a day, so I guess I'm a alcoholic :lol: But if they legalized Mary Jane, you would see the economy instantly turn around, there is SO MUCH money to be made, not everyone will grow it, it takes months to get a good product, so people would still need to buy it, and tax the shit it out of, just stop with the jail time over it, so stupid.

Skiz
09-25-2009, 07:23 PM

:lol: That's just plain insane, your joking right? Publicly accepted by some not all, and not effecting them? Have you ever been hung over and had to go to work, I guess that wouldn't effect someone or make them take a sick day.

I thought I would be stating the obvious if I mentioned coming in to work drunk or hungover, but I guess not. :P

Yes, it is obviously going to be an issue if you go into work drunk or so hungover that someone needs to pull you aside and mention it. Alcohol though, is very much publicly accepted. I don't think I've ever seen a modern petition for reinstatement of prohibition ever.

As for the weed thing, I can see both points of view. I don't have the time to get into it right now but, on the whole, I think people should be able to smoke it legally.

chalice
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Gazing longingly into my crystal bawl...I really can't foresee cultivation becoming decriminalised/socially acclimatised within a time-frame as optimistic as the OP projects, like.

The decriminalisation of Marijuana should have no more effect on the workforce at large than the criminalisation of Coffee.

I just made that shite up. I was wopped. Still am. True story.

Being wopped rawks the fawking sawks.

Fact.

tesco
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I think if you persistently turned upto work drunk or hungover they might have a quiet word with you...
I agree.
The number of people who go into work high is probably as large as the number that go in hung over.
And I've found that people who are high at work can do a better job than people that are hung over, although I work in construction where there's more moving around and less thinking involved that in, for example, an office job.

I agree that marijuana should be legalized. Alcohol is worse in my opinion and it's legal.
I'm not saying alcohol should be illegal, as society functions fine with it being legal, but I believe that marijuana and alcohol should be treated the same. ;)

MrLex
09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
As people have said, It would be up to the company to stipulate their own rules. I doubt (unless they felt it was ruining the companies image or what not) that a company would bother specifically banning something that is legal for day to day use (same as with alcohol).

Its only going to be a problem when it starts affecting you ability to perform to a good standard at work (the same as with anything). I can't imagine many employers would be too happy to have any one turn up high off their ass... same as if you turned up drunk, hungover, really sick or whatever).

Hombre
09-26-2009, 12:41 AM
i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.

tesco
09-26-2009, 03:53 AM
i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.
Wow what a hypocrite. You do know alcohol harms you too right?

Hombre
09-26-2009, 04:04 AM
alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol. you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.

Skiz
09-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Are you serious? It sounds like you have a lack of experience between the two, which IMO gives you little right to even comment.

Alcohol is addictive. Fact.
Pot has no physical addictive properties or chemicals (naturally).

Alcohol (I looked it up and was surprised) was responsible for over 100,000 deaths in 2005 alone. Think of all the people each year through drunk driving, overdoses, diseases, etc.
Marijuana (to my knowledge) has never had a single overdose death. Ever.

As mentioned above, alcohol is know to casue all sorts of afflictions, such as cirosis (spelling?) of the liver.
Marijuana has not been shown to cause any sort of cancer. On the contrary, it has been shown to slow the progress of some cancers and ease the pain of those afflicted.

Marijuana, in my (vast) experiences is known to cause little more than excessive Twinkie consumption.

mr. nails
09-26-2009, 08:49 AM
alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol. you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.

lol, ignorant much? lol, i'm still laughing. ur funny. i seriously hope ur just playing us with this attitude.

Marijuana has not been shown to cause any sort of cancer. On the contrary, it has been shown to slow the progress of some cancers and ease the pain of those afflicted.

within the last year (no idea where the article is) there was an article about that. in fact it is said it does not & would not cause cancer. for the chemical THC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol) attaches itself to the already dying cells in the body. in cigarettes, the toxic chemicals in it, attach themselves to newer cells that linger in the body and by which cause those cells to get canceress.

within that THC link i posted it says this. "One estimate of Cannabis's LD50 for humans indicates that about 1500 pounds (680 kilograms) of Cannabis would have to be smoked within 15 minutes."

lol, there's no way in hell that could be done.

iLOVENZB
09-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I wonder if people even think?

Do you honestly think they'll legalize it and it'll all be hunky dory?

You'll eventually pay tax on it, you'll probably have "in moderation" approach, It won't be worth as much.

Leave it all underground and we'll be happy :)

tesco
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol.
Where are you getting this 'fact' from?

you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.
So weed shouldn't be legal because.... it's illegal? :blink:
Wow what an argument...

Biggles
09-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Certain jobs do have no-alcohol rules. Fitbaw for instance.

Obviously Best and Baxter were exempt.

Biggles
09-26-2009, 06:39 PM
On the actual topic, if the drug becomes legal then an employer would expect you to turn for work straight just as they would expect you to turn up sober but I doubt they could insist on blood tests to see if you took a legal substance a week past Tuesday.

Activities such as sport which do not allow drugs legal or illegal would almost certainly have a different approach - although in the case of grass one could hardly say it was performance enhancing unless it was an international sleepathon.

pone44
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Nobody has ever overdosed on marijuana. That is a Fact. Legalization would take the dealers off the street. A lot of people would be out off a job on the street. Is a lot safer to buy in a store and could be taxed. Amsterdam has a low crime rate and certain drugs are legal. I wonder why. :pimp:
Alcohol makes most people rowdy,unable to drive,act like a assholes. How many deaths are caused by marijuana compared to alcohol, or violent crimes,car accidents? Weed makes a person more laid back, they can operate a motor vehicle most of the time,they are not in the mood to fight or cause trouble.The only problem with marijuana is that it is not sold in stores causing disputes over money,it is sold in a non controlled environment. If legalized that would pretty much eliminate that problem,make it so they are not locking people up for a minor offense such as carrying a little weed. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug than weed as underage kids can probably find marijuana easier than buying a fake ID and trying to get liquor or finding a person that is older to buy the alcohol.Depends. Still I think alcohol is more destructive overall.:drunk:

You love people that drink and drive? How many murders, car accidents, fights,all types of other BS is caused by people that had TOO much to drink.? Way more than the other. Only argument you have is it's a man made law, not socially accepted by all but you are talking out of your arse on this. Violence caused by weed is because it is sold in a non controlled environment just like liquor in the prohibition days. Where Capone and others created a lot of violence, so much they legalized it.

SonsOfLiberty
09-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow what a hypocrite. You do know alcohol harms you too right?

Yes I think so, lets not forget Coffee and Cigerattes are legal and they harm you considerable and I do both, Weed has a claming affect, so please please Hombre tell that to some cancer patients what you just said, I can beat they would mob kick the shit out of you. And guess how many people have over dosed on Aspirn? Tons and tons, I guess we need to get rid of that and all the drugs the hospital's use to, well since they kill people to.

I thought I would be stating the obvious if I mentioned coming in to work drunk or hungover, but I guess not. :P

Yes, it is obviously going to be an issue if you go into work drunk or so hungover that someone needs to pull you aside and mention it. Alcohol though, is very much publicly accepted. I don't think I've ever seen a modern petition for reinstatement of prohibition ever.

As for the weed thing, I can see both points of view. I don't have the time to get into it right now but, on the whole, I think people should be able to smoke it legally.

Well Skiz I'm not Mr.Obvious and didn't get what you wrote before or I just over looked it. Wether people or not Weed is publicly accepted too, not as much as beer and whatnot, but it's getting there, take Canada for instance, do they care (Tesco?) probably not...

I encourage all of you including you Hombre (unless you too stuck up to try something), watch this documentary, it's only an hour and 30 mintues, it's not like it's going to warp your fragile mind or ruin you life watching it....just watch and come back and tell me your thoughts, some of you have seen and know where I'm going with this, watch it and then we shall discuss.

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High is a 2007 documentary film by Canadian filmmaker Brett Harvey. The film explores the illegal growth, sale and trafficking of marijuana. Its theatrical run was limited to film festivals. The film follows host Adam Scorgie as he examines the underground market, interviewing growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, revealing how the industry can function despite being a criminal enterprise. The history of marijuana and the reasons for its present prohibition are discussed, often comparing it to the prohibition of alcohol in the United States in the 1930s, suggesting that gang drug warfare and other negative aspects associated with marijuana are a result of prohibition, not the drug itself. The gangs that grow and traffic the drugs are likened to those that appeared in major U.S. cities during the Prohibition, with the intention of profiting from the sale of illegal alcohol.

The film received numerous honors, some of which included the National Film Board Award for "Best Canadian Documentary" at the 2007 Edmonton International Film Festival, "Outstanding Documentary Feature" at the 2007 Winnipeg International Film Festival, "Grand Prize Best Editing" at the 2007 Rhode Island International Film Festival, "People's Choice" and "Best Canadian Documentary" at the 2008 Okanagan Film Festival and runner up for "People's Choice Most Popular Canadian Film" at the 2007 Vancouver International Film Festival. All together the documentary was officially accepted to 31 International Film Festivals. Most recently it was also nominated for "Best British Columbia Feature Film of 2007" by the Vancouver Film Critics Circle.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/

Homepage:
http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html

If your too good to watch, then we need not continue, exspecially you Hombre, which your dead set aganist, I guess if you saying Pot is the scum of the earth, then Alchol is even worse and Cigs/Caffenie are as bad.

And guess what, NOT ONE SINGLE WEED DEATH, EVER!!!!! Guess how many people did a day from smoking? A entire Jumbo jet full, and booze? Just as many, and caffeine? Look at the people in the hospital for bypass surgey, hell I have 3-4 mountain dews a day, I know my heart is going to clog up. And how many people have overdosed on Aspirn? Tons and tons, so we need to make Aspirin illegal too, along with the drugs the hospital use and what the pharmcey gives out, since people die from those to... :(

tesco
09-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Well Skiz I'm not Mr.Obvious and didn't get what you wrote before or I just over looked it. Wether people or not Weed is publicly accepted too, not as much as beer and whatnot, but it's getting there, take Canada for instance, do they care (Tesco?) probably not...
Yes people care. I imagine it's the same as in the states.
But it's just ignorance. Like you said, weed in my opinion is as bad for you if not better than caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

Something Else
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Ignorance caused by years of propaganda.

MrLex
09-28-2009, 02:10 AM
But it's just ignorance. Like you said, weed in my opinion is as bad for you if not better than caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

I agree.
The argument against weed at the moment(well over here in the UK at least) is that these new super strong stains have popped up. Which is fair, weed now probably is much stronger than it was in the 70s.

But surely this is only an argument for legalisation. The biggest danger in smoking weed right now is that without regulation you really have no exact idea what it is your getting. Under a system of legalisation the government could implement strict rules on the allowed THC content along with all other aspects of cultivation.

Barbarossa
09-28-2009, 09:59 AM

I agree.
The argument against weed at the moment(well over here in the UK at least) is that these new super strong stains have popped up.

Hahaha :lol:

You really need some of this:-

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4697/vanishstainremoverprewa.jpg

I say legalise it and tax it. The government needs to raise revenue somehow, why not become drug dealers?

I don't take it myself, and I wouldn't if it was legal anyway.

Also, I'd rather people didn't drive when they were stoned. "The crash wasn't my fault officer, it was that pink dragon that popped out of the phone-box that caused me to swerve..."

mr. nails
09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
i concur. just like drinking. sure, i've drove drunk be4, but i'd prefer ppl didn't do it (yes, seems i'm a hypocrite). that's the same with marijuana. driving stoned isn't safe. i know. so, that would be teh law just like alcohol has. NO drinking/smoking while driving and/or under the influence. it'll be up to the disciplined.

as for the government selling pot. for i don't know the exact repercussions that selling marijuana would do i would still think they should legalize it and sell it to make profit and stimulate the economy.

SonsOfLiberty
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
i concur. just like drinking. sure, i've drove drunk be4, but i'd prefer ppl didn't do it (yes, seems i'm a hypocrite). that's the same with marijuana. driving stoned isn't safe. i know. so, that would be teh law just like alcohol has. NO drinking/smoking while driving and/or under the influence. it'll be up to the disciplined.

as for the government selling pot. for i don't know the exact repercussions that selling marijuana would do i would still think they should legalize it and sell it to make profit and stimulate the economy.

Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...I've have driven high almost every day since I've been 16. Been in 2 wrecks, both were not my fault, one was some guy pulled out in front of me, and next one someone else hit someone from the back, pushed them into my lane 'causing me to hit them head on doing 55mph. I believe I was high or coming down off of both of those.

Also, if you scan the internet or any open Police DB's on crash reports, do you see any because the person was high? 0. And how many because they were drunk? More than 50 a day I beat. Also, there have been wrecks due to the "drugs" people get from the hospital or their doctor....so that's another point to consider.

Weed is natural, propaganda has gone on long enough.

Tax it, create jobs, and boost the economy.

Tesco, how do they care that much in Canada, you guys have 420 day and have Marc Emery :lol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery although this is utter bullshit, the US fucking with stuff they should leave alone...

Emery and his two associates charged in the United States with drug and money laundering offenses all face a minimum 10-year sentence and the possibility of life imprisonment if convicted there. Under a proposed plea bargain, Emery would plead guilty and receive a minimum five year prison sentence, largely served in a Canadian prison. As part of the plea bargain, Emery requests that the charges against his associates be dropped.[6] Emery's extradition hearing was postponed to April 19, 2008 so that negotiations for a potential plea bargain might continue.[16]

An appeal court judge ruled on March 7, 2008 in a similar case that a one-month jail sentence and probation would constitute an adequate sentence for the crime of marijuana seed selling if Emery were charged in Canada. This could be used to Emery's advantage in his fight against extradition.[17]

By the end of 2008, no sentences were rendered against Marc Emery. An extradition hearing was scheduled for June 1-5th, 2009.[18][19] Emery's lawyer said he’ll appear in a Seattle, WA court this summer to plead guilty to a charge of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana.[20]

As of September 28 2009, Marc Emery will be incarcerated in a British Columbia prison awaiting extradition to a US federal prison.

Also, it was mentioned about booze and why hasn't in been abolished again? Well, I really don't think the government wants to see the mafia relign itself as a super power, could you imagine how much crime would sky rocket? Also, if Weed become legal, crime would go down, people getting arrested would go down, and jail space would be freed up for real criminals who deserve to do time and not set free because the prison is over crowded, now that's bad, who would you have in jail? A pot-head or kiddie lover?

Just watch this if you want to understand anything about the Marijuana industry. The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

mr. nails
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...

yes, they are, but that's not my point. i'm sorry, but if u smoke a decent bud there is no way ur thought comprehension is worth a damn. therefore, u shouldn't be driving let alone operating heavy machinery.

don't let the above paragraph fool u. i believe in pot, but i still think it's dumb (even tho i've did it) to operate a vehicle under the influence.

iLOVENZB
09-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Driving drunk and driving stoned are two totally different things...

yes, they are, but that's not my point. i'm sorry, but if u smoke a decent bud there is no way ur thought comprehension is worth a damn. therefore, u shouldn't be driving let alone operating heavy machinery.

don't let the above paragraph fool u. i believe in pot, but i still think it's dumb (even tho i've did it) to operate a vehicle under the influence.

Don't Drink and Drive, Smoke and Fly :shutup:

Just like you shouldn't Drink/Drive you shouldn't Smoke/Drive.

SonsOfLiberty
09-30-2009, 02:13 AM
That is ludacris, not one accident to my knowledge has ever been reported because the guy/gal was stoned, I'm telling the truth to, never heard of it. I've heard of people getting into accidents or killing them self, because they took their prescription medication and went to the store/where ever and got messed up from the wreck. Smoking and driving doesn't impair you, never heard of a roadie :lol:

tesco
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I was just reading about the new 'distracted driver' law that we have here in Ontario taking effect at the end of the month. It's to do with texting, dialing, etc. your cell phone while driving.

But in the article I noticed this:

The study, done by the Royal Automobile Club foundation, looked at a group of drivers between 17 and 24, and discovered reaction times deteriorated when reading, writing or even ignoring text messages by more than one-third, or 35 per cent. The same drivers were only 12-per-cent slower when legally drunk and 21-per-cent slower while under the influence of marijuana.

Interesting that they found that people who were high had much worse reaction times than those who were legally drunk (blood alcohol level 0.08 for Ontario).
I wouldn't have ever thought that.

Alien5
10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
i don't believe that either.

pone44
10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Blood alcohol level of .08 is a drink or two for some people. A person does not have to drink much to put he/she on the wrong side of the law but think about someone who smokes a few joints in a 2 hour time peroid and drives a motor vehicle compared to someone who drinks ten shot of patron in a few hours. Both are a risk on the road but the smoker would probably have better hand to eye coordination, be able to drive safer. There is no way to tell if someone was high and driving unless the car smells of smoke as weed stays in one's system for 30 days. Hard to really determine if that is ever a cause of a accident.

chalice
10-01-2009, 10:08 PM
It's a given, scientific fact that you're impaired whilst driving under the influence of alcohol.

But it's fucking incredibly naive to say that you're not impaired under the influence of weed.

Fuck sake, sometimes I can barely find my arse when I'm wopped. I had trouble finding the fucking shift key just now. I know people who drive stoned all the time and I'd rather they didn't. It's just a matter of time before you fuck up. Complacency, in this case, could lead to death. Either your own, another driver, or some 5 year old frolocking happily oblivious outside its home.

pone44
10-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I am not saying that someone who smokes will not be impaired driving. Some can not drive at all,some can as you said. It is a risk with both. Depends on the individual. How much they can handle. 3 or 4 drinks for me and I can't drive well.

chalice
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
That wasn't really directed towards yourself, Pone.

More in the direction of Sons Of Liberty, who has posted wiser things in the past.

tesco
10-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Blood alcohol level of .08 is a drink or two for some people. A person does not have to drink much to put he/she on the wrong side of the law but think about someone who smokes a few joints in a 2 hour time peroid and drives a motor vehicle compared to someone who drinks ten shot of patron in a few hours. Both are a risk on the road but the smoker would probably have better hand to eye coordination, be able to drive safer.
Yes I know that's why I added in the .08 part.
It was just to try and show that being high gives a worse result than being legally considered 'under the influence of alcohol'.

pone44
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Very true. Since it is a man made law and marijuana is illegal. A DUI is not as frowned upon by society (Jobs) as possession of marijuana. It also depends on the amount of alcohol in somebody's system or the amount of weed, if arrested.

Yes I know that's why I added in the .08 part.
It was just to try and show that being high gives a worse result than being legally considered 'under the influence of alcohol'.

That is a little ridiculous. If i go have two beers at a bar leave right away and get pulled over, I would probably be over the limit even if i was not drunk. People are treated harshly for smoking and it is no better than drinking. They both have their downfalls.

beansis
10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I think fast food is worse for you than teh tac

pone44
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh hell yeah :)
Cigarettes killing people with cancer everyday. Mine as well make everything illegal that is not good for a person. No cell phones in the car, which would be pointless to even own a cell but they do cause a lot of accidents. Too much cholesterol killing people with heart attacks. Mcdonalds,Burger King has a few bodies on them ,no?

I think fast food is worse for you than teh tac

BrianH
10-03-2009, 12:55 AM
k weed is not gona be legal get over it stoners

Something Else
10-03-2009, 01:01 AM

What a massive arsehole. :no:

pone44
10-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Who gives a shit. Go have another pink lemonade puddy.

brotherdoobie
10-03-2009, 04:56 AM

Constipation: What you should know about anal retentive behavior.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/brotherdoobie/7134.jpg
True story.

-doobs

SonsOfLiberty
10-04-2009, 06:19 PM

More in the direction of Sons Of Liberty, who has posted wiser things in the past.

Like what? Some one calling me a wise man? Or was that being synical?

I'll stick with my side of the arguement, I've been around it all my life, and have known people just as long....without any regard to "bad driving".

People who have certain conditions need to smoke to drive,speak,work,eat, etc.......

I'm sorry, but I don't get any kind of fuckup's smoking as I do with drinking, drinking gives you blurred vision, with alot more side-effects....Weed on the other hand, makes most people more attentive, so yes you can tell I'm pro for it, and very hard headed, so yo can yell/pester/laugh/make fun of me all you want, but until it happens to me or someone I love, my mind won't change.

chalice
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM

Like what? Some one calling me a wise man? Or was that being synical?

I'll stick with my side of the arguement, I've been around it all my life, and have known people just as long....without any regard to "bad driving".

People who have certain conditions need to smoke to drive,speak,work,eat, etc.......

I'm sorry, but I don't get any kind of fuckup's smoking as I do with drinking, drinking gives you blurred vision, with alot more side-effects....Weed on the other hand, makes most people more attentive, so yes you can tell I'm pro for it, and very hard headed, so yo can yell/pester/laugh/make fun of me all you want, but until it happens to me or someone I love, my mind won't change.

I'm not trying to change your mind and I have no intention of pestering you whatsoever.

Neither am I saying that alcohol is any better to drive with.

I'm just as pro-legalisation as you are. I grow the stuff. I'd rather not have to worry about getting arrested for it. I've been smoking the stuff full-on for more than 20 years.

As to weed making you more attentive, that depends on how much you smoke and the way you smoke it. I hope you never have to find out if it impairs your driving abilities first hand.

An ex-girlfriend of mine, who was generally an excellent driver, took a bong one night and we went for a drive. Hitting about 60 down a motorway, she lost concentration for an instant and veered into a crash barrier. No-one was hurt, but the car was totalled. I know others who've had near misses, but thankfully no casualties.

Believe that if you want, or don't. Couldn't really give a fuck one way or the other.

SonsOfLiberty
10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I do believe it, but it's not common, was the girl an advid smoker, or just once in awhile type thing? I knew a girl in college (best friends without benefits :lol: ), but anyway, I made a gravity bong, and she took one hit and was gone. I think it depends on peoples tolerance, I could smoke all you could give me and be fine, although too much would seriously be hard and also probably be bad at one sitting.

chalice
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I do believe it, but it's not common, was the girl an advid smoker, or just once in awhile type thing? I knew a girl in college (best friends without benefits :lol: ), but anyway, I made a gravity bong, and she took one hit and was gone. I think it depends on peoples tolerance, I could smoke all you could give me and be fine, although too much would seriously be hard and also probably be bad at one sitting.

Man, that's fucking mental.

So, what you're saying is, that you should build up your tolerance for the ganja before you start driving on it?

I thought you said that it doesn't impair you at all? I thought you said that it enhances your attention?

Give your fucking head a shake, mate.

SonsOfLiberty
11-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Sorry to delay my response, been stoned, :lol: no, forgot about the thread, but, I've always had a tolerance for some reason, weed doesn't affect me that much (or I guess I should say like most people), sure I get high, but it rarely messes with me, unless, unless I smoke that primo shit, which I rarely ever want to pay for....and that's a general I sit around and do nothing stoned...We could have this go around forever and forever, you make a good point, I just don't agree :)

Also, did anyone notice the news coming out of Cali last week or so? That law enforcement is no longer pursuing medical mary jane places now? That's a good start.

iLOVENZB
11-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I think you should all watch "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High".

If you ask me, they should legalise it but restrict it till you're 21, when your brain is fully developed. That way there is no risk of you having schizophrenia.

In theory this is a good idea but like alcohol it won;t work. It's easier to buy weed as a kid than to get booze.

Also lets not forget the tax they'll put on it and the way they'll 'dilute' the THC levels.

sneaker
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow it's not so often you see someone who thinks it is okay to drive while stoned. We all know some people can't drive while stoned. It wont work if you let the people use their reason to tell when they can or cant drive. It has to be illegal to be stoned and driving.
BTW no one has ever overdosed on lsd, mescalin og mushrooms do want that legalized to?

iLOVENZB
11-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow it's not so often you see someone who thinks it is okay to drive while stoned. We all know some people can't drive while stoned. It wont work if you let the people use their reason to tell when they can or cant drive. It has to be illegal to be stoned and driving.
BTW no one has ever overdosed on lsd, mescalin og mushrooms do want that legalized to?

What?

There are shit drivers out there who aren't stoned.

Weed effects people differently, the same way alcohol effects people differently (sex, size, weight, whether it's taken with other substances, how much you drink in a sitting etc).

Skweeky
11-05-2009, 11:48 AM
In my experience you tend to drive at about 5mph when stoned, and even that seems fast. :unsure:

As for legalising all the other drugs you've mentioned; yes, they should be legalised. If people want to stick that stuff in their bodies, then they should just go right ahead.

sneaker
11-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Does it help if I write illegal to drive while stoned? As I said some people cant drive while stoned. Making the law be something like, you can drive stoned if you are capable, wont work. People are stupid fucks and a law like that will get abused all the time. If something goes wrong while driving you can hurt alot of people. Best to minimize the group of bad drivers by making it illegal to drive while high, drunk or on mind numbing meds.
Stupid arguments like, "I've driven stoned for years and nothing has happend, so it should be legal" makes no sence, when it is obviuos that some people cant drive stoned.

As for legalising all the other drugs you've mentioned; yes, they should be legalised. If people want to stick that stuff in their bodies, then they should just go right ahead.

How about addicting substances like opiates? That could end up costing alot of money for the society if we had to treat all them junkies.

Skweeky
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm not disputing the legality of it. I think it should be illegal, if nothing else it impairs your judgement and reaction time.

Despite the fact that it is ok to have a glass of wine and then drive, I don't, because even though it may not affect me at all one day, it may very well do the next day.

Barbarossa
11-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Legalization of marijuana and jobs?

I'd like to see jobs made illegal, actually