PDA

View Full Version : do u donate in trackers.....?

Swepsycho
09-25-2009, 11:34 PM
if u do...why? u want bonus or u like help? :)

i donate in trackers i like.... i like bonus and i like help... ;)

KushBlow
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Yup if it's a good tracker. And I donate to help them maintain their monthly costs.

megabyteme
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Surprisingly, a good question. You've had some time to think, haven't you. :P

I have a few that I have "been meaning to" (isn't that the excuse we all use?), but I have not. When I do, and I will, it will be to support the sites that give me a lot of joy and entertainment. Some have really made a lot of effort to make a nice, friendly place. They do truly deserve our support!

ca_aok
09-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I donate to the trackers I'm active on. I have donor stars on maybe 5-6 trackers I think. The only time I've ever donated for something remotely related to P2L was an invite to GFT for my friend.

Hombre
09-26-2009, 12:23 AM
i donate very often, specially to pretome. my favourite tracker, because i have a very bad upload connection and it's the only ratioless tracker i'm part of. once i donated to scenelife and i was so stupid to do that because the site is pure shit and has now 600 torrents, many not seeded. waste of money on that tracker.

primevil
09-26-2009, 12:37 AM
I donate to ratio free trackers but not the P2L.

BrianH
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
ya only to trackers that dont suck

bas1c
09-26-2009, 01:52 AM
If it's worth donating to.

akirabou
09-26-2009, 01:56 AM
i'm donor in all my trackers :)

peat moss
09-26-2009, 02:54 AM
You know I never have , I share till my ratio is 3 to 1 . Thought about it but would rather donate to a software developer like Crap cleaner or a site like Black Viper's . Some schmuck that pays for his web space with out complaint .

It's suppose to be free , remember Fosi ?

respawn40
09-26-2009, 05:19 AM
No, I don't donate. I'd like to, but I can't at the moment.

Zaxx
09-26-2009, 06:11 AM
I donate $20 about once every 3 or 4 months, rotating between my favorite trackers.
I do it to help 'em pay the bills...really don't need u/l credit to be honest. ;)

Dr-SeMSeM
09-26-2009, 06:44 AM
3 times for 3 good trackers .

donate directly after checking the materials and offered stuff .

and thats for the monthly cost .

sez
09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I've lost count though it would be nice if they took these as well :lol: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4243/foodstamps2mainfull.jpg

Yoann64
09-26-2009, 11:26 AM
@sez : where is dp 5 ?
i donate sometimes, to help them pay the bills as Zaxx

lisabritpop
09-26-2009, 11:31 AM
i donated a tracker in my country ...TBH,I wouldnt mind donating if its enough good

sfsbig
09-26-2009, 11:51 AM
donate money for maintain severs is good thing!

MaNiJaK
09-26-2009, 12:16 PM
It's suppose to be free , remember Fosi ?

Someone worked hard for you to down it 4 free. Servers, bots, time is not free.

ElGatonPirata
09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Yep, i've donated a couple of times in trackers i think are worthy of it, just to feel the "fuzzy" warm feeling. :P

IdolEyes787
09-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I used to donate about everywhere but now I only donate at the places that I respect (or seem to respect me as a member ) regardless of how much I actually use the site.

OK that's not entirely true if I see someplace that is really lacking in donations for a given month then I feel compelled ( no doubt stupidly so) to help out.

It's not like I'm made of money but it's also like I haven't gotten my money's worth 10 times over.:idunno:

momassalha
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
i donated to 4 trackers in the past because they needed money to survive and i have no problem to donate to any tracker need money but the tracker must be good and what i mean when i say good that the staff work to make it better place not like some trackers that the staff dont work at the tracker and need money i believe if the money its the problem its can be solved because there a lot of people who will donate to anytracker to make it better place.

oxxo
09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Occasionaly, to trackers that I think they deserve it :P

phooart
10-01-2009, 04:45 AM
I donate for the sole purpose of helping out the tracker to survive and not for bonus/recognition.

I can never repay the amount of "nice things" a tracker has given me so by donating is just a way for me to "repay" them.

The bonus/privs thrown in by them is just for encouragement. :)

Hope one day all of you who are still 50-50 in whether to donate or not, JUST DO IT!

It's for your own good too! :)

Swepsycho
10-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I donate for the sole purpose of helping out the tracker to survive and not for bonus/recognition.

I can never repay the amount of "nice things" a tracker has given me so by donating is just a way for me to "repay" them.

The bonus/privs thrown in by them is just for encouragement. :)

Hope one day all of you who are still 50-50 in whether to donate or not, JUST DO IT!

It's for your own good too! :)is very good... :) if u donate u got heart in gold...u help many people...uself too if u get bonus.. :)

1000possibleclaws
10-02-2009, 02:15 AM
I do once in a while to help pay the bills, cause I know one site's dev is a young kid who's all DIY (coding/bills) and I wouldn't want him to shoulder the costs if the monthly bill can't be reached by others. But yeah, I've also donated to a 'l33t' tracker for hopes of invites a long time ago. I don't even talk to the dudes I invited anymore, so looking back that was a dumb reason for donating.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-02-2009, 02:28 AM
I did once before, on some tracker but pay2leech i don't like that...
If they start a tracker and beggin' for donations to help server costs
then i will never give shit...

They gotta know what they doin' and stop asking people's money...
A simple donation bar is more than enough :D

Cokeman
10-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I have recently. Why?

Because they need it to pay servers and what not.
Because in some cases i get free upload.
Because in some cases we get invites.
Because in some cases we get a star next to our name.

Thats all my reasons.

Fr33don
10-02-2009, 03:41 AM
not anymore, money is tight nowadays and i can't work during the school year.

megabyteme
10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I have a few that I have "been meaning to" (isn't that the excuse we all use?), but I have not. When I do, and I will, it will be to support the sites that give me a lot of joy and entertainment. Some have really made a lot of effort to make a nice, friendly place. They do truly deserve our support!

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread because I am now a donor.:01: Donated to a very deserving site that I enjoy daily. :happy:

Edit- and others will follow, just not this month. :(

f5ZB40
10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
i would but i'm concerned about privacy.
when i pay them they know my real name and stuff

megabyteme
10-03-2009, 12:50 AM

There are hundreds of trackers and thousands of people have donated. I have never heard of a problem with that kind of security issue.

Possible solution...donate to trackers where you know and trust the staff. Those are the ones I will support.

And you are saying ur mom didn't name you f5ZB40? :huh:

pone44
10-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Not if you use a pre paid gift card or a friends CC if concerned about that. I trust certain staff to be mature enough not to screw with any donors information. That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.

If a member really likes a site then I see no problem in donating if you have the money.

Edit: Btw could get in trouble either way, would not be from donating to a tracker. I don't think.
Jail over a few downloads:rolleyes:, please.
Maybe a fine which would hurt more than jail.

f5ZB40
10-03-2009, 04:09 AM
That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.

that doesn't exactly make me feel better while sitting in jail :P

KushBlow
10-03-2009, 04:27 AM
That would destroy the trackers reputation, nobody would ever donate again if it was a problem.

that doesn't exactly make me feel better while sitting in jail :P

Move to Canada eh? :naughty:

lion24
10-03-2009, 06:19 AM
P2L as a reason to donate is really not worth it. It's much better to spend that money on a seedbox, which will help all your other torrent sites too.

Cut-Copy-Paste
10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Well I use to Donate Lot To trackers which were Not P2L type.

But After down of iTN ( my 55$ ) i stopped doing so.

megabyteme
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Well I use to Donate Lot To trackers which were Not P2L type.

But After down of iTN ( my 55$ ) i stopped doing so.

Ofc, you can look at the amount donated as a gift to perpetuate the tracker (and we all hope that it will do just that).

However, the donation can also be seen as a thank you for all of the enjoyment and efforts that we have already received.

I do not believe fear that a tracker will eventually fail (close its doors) is a fair reason to not donate. If everyone thinks that way, all trackers will eventually have to close or be entirely supported by owners/staff. That just isn't fair in my book.

And remember, you do not have to donate such a large amount. It's great if you can afford that kind of generosity, but many trackers have donation buttons starting at $5. How far would that go towards a [pick whatever kind of entertainment you receive from your favorite tracker and imagine that it's gone].

If my broke, Ramen eating, grad-school goin', twins due in March, ass can afford to donate, I think most people can. :D