PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of "tracker invite" forums?

Rart
09-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm just curious what you guys think of tracker invite forums, like TI, TR, whatever. I always see them advertised as a invite forum "built on community", which I feel like a load of crap. I have joined a couple of them from reading blogs and have left with a sour taste in my mouth. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Single minded thought train, no individual opinion

All the posts I see are "good idea", "good post", "well said", "this is a good post", yadda yadda yadda. Every post is in support of another post, and there never seems to be any actual arguing or speaking out. Every one seems to be kissing each other's ass, and I never really see people really express individual, unique opinions. How do you build a community based only on everyone agreeing?

2. Quality of posts degenerate

Everyone is out for themselves. In every GA post requirement is a must, and it becomes a given in a forum like that that more posts = better reputation. It feels like everyone is in a rat race to build up posts, and I've rarely, if ever see multi sentence/paragraph posts.

3. Quality of members degenerate

The only people that join these places seem to be, well, collectors desperately on the lookout for more invites. They read the blogs and constantly pounce on any invite site to inflate the ranks with more people just purely seeking out to collect trackers as their primary ambition. They seem to be the generic member who can never quite put a sentence together, always seem to go "plz can i has this invite i want it for community thx in advance". There posts are less than useful and it seems like all that's on their mind is getting more invites.

4. Witch hunt against traders

I have seen some of the report threads against traders, and boy are they brutal, especially if a notable member starts the thread. It turns into an all out witch hunt, with almost no regard as to whether the person is actually innocent. I realize that trading is bad for a tracker, but these people take it to the next level. They hunt him down, try to find his IP's, and ask anyone who is in those trackers to report him, in an attempt to get him banned. Maybe this isn't terrible, but what if hes innocent? I saw the other day a topic made saying that the OP "was sorry" for a previous report he made, and that he was mistaken. Another prominent member came in and said that, the members there would be willing to help him in any way, and would try to get him any invite for a site he was banned from. This really exemplifies this "witch hunt aspect". Since it's a given to just believe what someone says to kiss up to them and in order to not speak out, they automatically assume the accused is guilty. And when a thread comes out saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong", it may already be too late. The damage is already done.

5. Staff

It may be wrong to judge people by the quality/spelling/punctuation of their posts, but on many of those sites it just seems like the staff is too lazy to put a basic sentence together. Half the spelling is completely wrong, and the other half of the time I have to read a post 2-3 times just to understand what he was saying. Maybe I shouldn't judge like this, but it makes me really wonder what kind of people run this place. And then I see staff/moderators with signatures such as "Looking for ftn, if you have please help me". Honestly, I feel like that reduces them down to any other member there. Just like the normal members who join the sites, they are just the same, creating/modding a forum just for the sake of "sucking up" and hopefully getting into a dream tracker. Maybe its just me, but I feel like any sort of staff should never be desperately asking for invites like that in their signature.

How do you create a "community" like that?

Thoughts?

pretend
09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
qft.
At tps I was quite distracted after getting minus rep from staff member because of posting something that, at SOME point of view, can be considered as contradicting major community ideas there (however I know it wasn't). Don't wanna to get into further details on that case, but now I don't want to public my personal opinions on global things :)

cap87
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
There are good and bad forums. The new ones that pop lately suck and you can see that in the moment you sign up.

Now, all the points you mentioned are the staffers fault. Nowadays most of them just create a forum to get some invites themselves, and really don't care about anything else.

But if you look at some older forums with a decent staff, you will see the true meaning of "community" or "dedicated member". (well, maybe i'm not only talking only about invite forums, but there's still 1 or 2 good ones, most of the members don't use them to get invites but mainly to chat and have a good time)

P.S: About your 1º point: That's called kissing ass, unfortunately there's more and more members like that :/

Cabalo
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm just curious what you guys think of tracker invite forums, like TI, TR, whatever. I always see them advertised as a invite forum "built on community", which I feel like a load of crap. I have joined a couple of them from reading blogs and have left with a sour taste in my mouth. Here are some of my thoughts:

All the posts I see are "good idea", "good post", "well said", "this is a good post", yadda yadda yadda. Every post is in support of another post, and there never seems to be any actual arguing or speaking out. Every one seems to be kissing each other's ass, and I never really see people really express individual, unique opinions. How do you build a community based only on everyone agreeing?

2. Quality of posts degenerate

Everyone is out for themselves. In every GA post requirement is a must, and it becomes a given in a forum like that that more posts = better reputation. It feels like everyone is in a rat race to build up posts, and I've rarely, if ever see multi sentence/paragraph posts.

3. Quality of members degenerate

The only people that join these places seem to be, well, collectors desperately on the lookout for more invites. They read the blogs and constantly pounce on any invite site to inflate the ranks with more people just purely seeking out to collect trackers as their primary ambition. They seem to be the generic member who can never quite put a sentence together, always seem to go "plz can i has this invite i want it for community thx in advance". There posts are less than useful and it seems like all that's on their mind is getting more invites.

4. Witch hunt against traders

I have seen some of the report threads against traders, and boy are they brutal, especially if a notable member starts the thread. It turns into an all out witch hunt, with almost no regard as to whether the person is actually innocent. I realize that trading is bad for a tracker, but these people take it to the next level. They hunt him down, try to find his IP's, and ask anyone who is in those trackers to report him, in an attempt to get him banned. Maybe this isn't terrible, but what if hes innocent? I saw the other day a topic made saying that the OP "was sorry" for a previous report he made, and that he was mistaken. Another prominent member came in and said that, the members there would be willing to help him in any way, and would try to get him any invite for a site he was banned from. This really exemplifies this "witch hunt aspect". Since it's a given to just believe what someone says to kiss up to them and in order to not speak out, they automatically assume the accused is guilty. And when a thread comes out saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong", it may already be too late. The damage is already done.

5. Staff

It may be wrong to judge people by the quality/spelling/punctuation of their posts, but on many of those sites it just seems like the staff is too lazy to put a basic sentence together. Half the spelling is completely wrong, and the other half of the time I have to read a post 2-3 times just to understand what he was saying. Maybe I shouldn't judge like this, but it makes me really wonder what kind of people run this place. And then I see staff/moderators with signatures such as "Looking for ftn, if you have please help me". Honestly, I feel like that reduces them down to any other member there. Just like the normal members who join the sites, they are just the same, creating/modding a forum just for the sake of "sucking up" and hopefully getting into a dream tracker. Maybe its just me, but I feel like any sort of staff should never be desperately asking for invites like that in their signature.

How do you create a "community" like that?

Thoughts?
QFT :happy:

i absolutely despise such places, and i've been a part of a few in the past.
Your first point is particularly correct, you couldn't see such discussions as you see here at FST, for example.
But the worst part is that some of those people come criticise FST exactly because of that point of view, when it is clearly a major plus for this site. Like it or not.

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Now, all the points you mentioned are the staffers fault. Nowadays most of them just create a forum to get some invites themselves,....kissing ass

I cleanned that up for you. buddie.

goats ...pop up in my mind...

Cabalo
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Now, all the points you mentioned are the staffers fault. Nowadays most of them just create a forum to get some invites themselves,....kissing ass

I cleanned that up for you. buddie.

goats ...pop up in my mind...
exactly, goats. though i consider that place where the pirates are in society exactly the same ass kissing place. just the techniques are slightly different.

Glitterstep
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM

:yup:....they all are like the same..this is exactly the reason why i don't really like to be at places like TR and TI..and love being at FST:fst:

TR has arrogant Elite members and TI has the most dumbest staff who just go on banning members on those forums....

These sites are just like harming trackers like how Trading harms trackers...Noobs get invited to trackers which they don't really care about/or not interested in their content....
Trackers like TT have more collectors than actual Trancers :pinch:...Users don't even knowing how trance sounds like are there on TT(reason being its a high level tracker).This is all because of forums like TI,TR,etc

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I wish i could pm u right know cabalo :D

Ps. the latests request was so corny ........ lol

cinephilia
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
very-well summarized Rart, you got it.

The_Martinator
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Most of the so called invite forums are like that. IMO there is only one exeption, TPS.

Other than that, when signing up for such forums, just look at the posts in the non BT parts of them. You'll see very quick how good the forum is.

PS: I don't know what is worse, the ''good post'' posts or the staffers looking for invites (and that being the reason for starting the forum ,lol). There was some romanian forum a while back (that was english speaking, though) that was hosted on a free host (I'm a n00b at these things), solely so that the owner could get a BCG invite.

th0r
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
what's tps?

1000possibleclaws
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Most of the so called invite forums are like that. IMO there is only one exeption, TPS.

Other than that, when signing up for such forums, just look at the posts in the non BT parts of them. You'll see very quick how good the forum is.

PS: I don't know what is worse, the ''good post'' posts or the staffers looking for invites (and that being the reason for starting the forum ,lol). There was some romanian forum a while back (that was english speaking, though) that was hosted on a free host (I'm a n00b at these things), solely so that the owner could get a BCG invite.

maybe you should stop signing up to every invite forum if you feel that way

NSMB
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I've been at T-I(won't say full url,collectors& level traders will invade the place then) but left since I did not feel my opinions regarding trading were exactly the same as theirs, wich they had to be in order to be a member there. Well anyway, I got to see a little of the site before I left by my own and I can say it was not like what you described here above. Many useful suggestions were added and discussed every day, many members helped repping in new people, many helped discovering cheaters/traders etc. There were good topics that you could actually discuss something. There was no witchhunt on traders or anything like that; If you were caught as a trader, you were permabanned from there - finito, nothing more. Mods were a bit hard though, and I'd even say I suspected one of them to be a pure damn collector of trackers but otherwise from that I can't really say there was anything superbad over it.Except for the mod that seemed like a collector(he had ftwr,ftn all those req's going on at the same time) the other mods were very nice and helpful and rarely asked for invites and also gave away very many invites, saw one mod who gave 12 SCC and one who gave over 5 SCT. And it wasn't just giveaways to trackers where you can even get from here, some of them were truly amazing in "Trusted" section, can't think how it was in the VIP part. Anyway, there's one big thing I hate about it: People don't check on their invitees enough! People handed out invites just for the sake of reputation boxes(green boxes), some even put SCC GAs in the lowest section available in the forum just for the sake of reputation, there's no other reason to put it there really.

I think they're both good and bad. My opinion is split.

And the request part of the forum isn't cloaked up with newbies asking for ftn,ftwr and e****...there's no rules about who can req what but people feel what they can req. there's a few ftn requests from noobies and unfortunely when i was there you werent allowed to tell them that they will in no world in the universe get an invite to that place when you're a fresh newbie, dont know if it changed

Albo Da Kid
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Great thread rart.. Very nice views as well

One thing that I never liked about the Goats, is that you couldn't have a open minded discussion. Every one posted with intentions to look good infront of their friends and mostly never sticked to the topic(the kissing ass and invite hopes might have had somethign to do with that.)

Another thing I didn't like about them was the hostility. When I first joined I had a shitstorm of hate coming my way.(and I wasnt the only one. every new member suffered from the same problem)
These guys didn't like the new members at all. I think that was because they wanted a small communtiy where everyone agreed with eachother's opinions. They pictured themselves high-class thinkers, so they wanted to form the perfect forum where there's only l33t members.

Cabalo, what did they say? "We have decided that a few members don't have the capability and intelligence to hang with us, so we are thinking of a forum cleanup"...lmaoo

The reality is that these guys are not big thinkers or productive posters at all. they spend 90% of their time making goat jokes and proposing to fuck and suck eachother.. it's somewhat scary. At first i thought that it was all jokes, but when such behaviour lasts for months, you start to suspect something

Anyway enough with describing Cfs.. My overall opinion on invite forums is that they're based on artificiality. You can't even have a decent convo or warm up with someone without them asking you for a ftn invite 5 minutes later

The_Martinator
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
maybe you should stop signing up to every invite forum if you feel that way

What's wrong with trying to see what the newest invite forum is like? You never know, maybe a great one will emerge some day. And I don't sign up to every new one, just to those that get good comments on the public blogs. :whistling

IdolEyes787
09-27-2009, 08:59 PM
[

What's wrong with trying to see what the newest invite forum is like? You never know, maybe a great one will emerge some day. And I don't sign up to every new one, just to those that get good comments on the public blogs. :whistling

In your case what is the point? Why not jsut post in the forums that you have or better yet find a forum that's about something that interests you where you don't always have the worry in the back of your mind that the person you are talking to has some hidden agenda.

Benjamin
09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
If I remember correctly a lot of those invite forums used to allow trading in the past, so even if they don't now you still have the kind of people there that only care about invites. I would say TPS is the only invite forum where you can have real discussion, I haven't noticed any sucking up or anything.

Albo Da Kid
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I apologize for interrupting the discussion but how many of you know about ********. This is an invite-forum which sells accounts to members for 15$ each, and the funny thing about it is that they don't allow traders in their community.. look how fuckud up the politics of the bt have became. Everything is starting to became so false and interest-based

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
@ ablo... llllllolllllll you just called them faggots lol

right on!

th0r
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
what's tps?well?

KushBlow
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Cabalo, but weren't you an active member at CFS? What changed your mind?

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
what's tps?well?

http://filesh are freak.com/2009/04/28/thepirat esociety-opens-regist ration-for-a-lim ited-time/

kukushka
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I apologize for interrupting the discussion but how many of you know about ********. This is an invite-forum which sells accounts to members for 15$ each, and the funny thing about it is that they don't allow traders in their community.. look how fuckud up the politics of the bt have became. Everything is starting to became so false and interest-based
yeah, and if you pay extra, you can become a "vip" there. :01: still, the title or the membership there don't entitle no one for the invites to anywhere and if they'll find out the trading history, the person will likely to be banned. but for other things.. i pointed at the guy who asked for a new mv invite when he found out himself disabled at the tracker for whatever reason. they just closed the thread. no problem, such kind of users are okaaaay :) (maybe as long as they're vips). still, the site don't hold the breath trying to catch any site reps opinions so even that i can't say that the forums are good etc, there's less feelings of being at the jailhouse yard while big brother is watching you like at tps. there's no ideal forum, and the only criteria is how many decent folks are there and what they're posting... if markup master could be active, i really think that ic could stay unbeatable...

IdolEyes787
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Isn't markupmaster like 14 or something?

kukushka
09-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Isn't markupmaster like 14 or something?
21 years old.

IdolEyes787
09-27-2009, 10:07 PM
That's like 14.

Yoann64
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
That's like 14.
na, 14 years old, Cinephilia can be his grandfather.

[Ola, ciné]

sez
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Sometime in january he was so desperate that he went to as far as attempting to barter waffles(the only site that he appeared to hold invites on) for an scT invite.1 month later,he edits the trade post with the usual my uncle's aunt's dog did it bs.I'd buy this bull by the way but its too much of a coincidence that his friend's girlfriend was also looking for sct at the same time that he was and just like him,happened to have had waffles invites,only that her's were for trade.Two months on,he decides to completely ditch this place having realised that he is ambitious but lacks the balls to stand up to his post history(i swear,themartinator is a rookie if we were to match him to this guy on the ass-kissing meter).Anyways,his skills worked just like he thought they would.Today he's staffing one of the biggest invite pusher forums out there and he's probably on every site he'd ever wanted to be on and maybe more.If i was drunk enough to lay his name,guys that have come across him probably won't believe me coz he is that good at manipulation,he's probably read alot of those books and perhaps did some social engineering as well coz am yet to come across anyone as good as him.

Its a little weird though coz I somehow do respect this guy for how he's played.I can almost compare it to the cred spx gets from me for how he keeps playing the scene.
He knew what he wanted,drafted a plan and then let the pros love him.

If you don't know who am talking bout then don't bother asking coz I won't tell ya(he already won my heart for how he played BT).It takes three nicks to unmask him by the way.

KushBlow
09-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Ooh 3 nicks...and manipulation!

You had me thinking I wasn't on the intarwebz for a sec.

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/14wy32c.jpg
this is me. :D lol

cinephilia
09-27-2009, 11:05 PM
lol

[Ola, yoann]

Zaxx
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
The only invite forum that I ever took an interest in was (IZ) before they shut. It was a private, non-trader site where the admins had to pre-approve all new members. Staff as well as members kept a verrry keen eye out for any traders...which were drawn and quartered upon discovery. :shifty:
Overall it was a great place cuz of the active forums, a very active shout box and above all some of the most genuinely nice people I've ever come across in P2P over the last 8 years. Tho the site is no more, I still bs with the peeps from there all the time around the irc channels.
As for open public invite forums that allow trading...just not my cup of tea to put it lightly, very lightly.
I know there's several private, non-trader invite forums around now...maybe it's time I have a look/see and ask around..try and find one I like.

IdolEyes787
09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/14wy32c.jpg
this is me. :D lol

Witch won?

Bad-Day
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Idol :) I will never tell!!!

Zaxx
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
You don't have to...your avatar already has. :pinch:

pro267
09-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I only browsed the briefly since I'm a bit low on time atm, so I may be reiterating what was already said, sorry about that.

Basically, invite forums were opened by morons seeking invites for themselves, and are used by morons seeking invites for themselves. There is no justification, per se, for the existence of invite forums other than for the purpose of swapping invites/accounts amongst their members/staffers, under the pretense of building a "community".

Some of these sites may be worse than others, others may be keeping a facade of playing nice and by the rules, but ultimately they are all damaging the community. Some of the staffers of these forums will tell you they opened up to contribute to the community - well, I say if you want to help the community go and start your own tracker, don't pimp other people's work.

Cokeman
09-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Ive been around a few of them. I find it odd that some dont alow trading, but its ok to give an invite to a complete stranger based on screenshots and a speedtest? Is it so easy?

Another site i found and was discusted was the one selling invites.
If trackers had the man power and tim to hunt these guys it would be great. Try and go undercover , buy the invite and delete the seller. And go up the invite tree and red flag most if not all.

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I only browsed the briefly since I'm a bit low on time atm, so I may be reiterating what was already said, sorry about that.

Basically, invite forums were opened by morons seeking invites for themselves, and are used by morons seeking invites for themselves. There is no justification, per se, for the existence of invite forums other than for the purpose of swapping invites/accounts amongst their members/staffers, under the pretense of building a "community".

Some of these sites may be worse than others, others may be keeping a facade of playing nice and by the rules, but ultimately they are all damaging the community. Some of the staffers of these forums will tell you they opened up to contribute to the community - well, I say if you want to help the community go and start your own tracker, don't pimp other people's work.

Thank God this isn't an invite forum.Seriously I think that more invites get given out randomly on the web than get given out here anymore.
And you don't get invited any place from being staff here which is the way it should be.

The_Martinator
09-28-2009, 06:17 AM
[

In your case what is the point? Why not jsut post in the forums that you have or better yet find a forum that's about something that interests you where you don't always have the worry in the back of your mind that the person you are talking to has some hidden agenda.

Aha, but I like weeding out people with a hidden agenda. And most of all there are a lot of good people out there that have to be guided. I'm not saying I know everything, but I do know that you can get anywhere by being as nice as you are in RL (no more) and I have some invites. I think that this hidden agenda thing seems to be spreading like a disease. It's almost like you need to do it. I mean even I get fan mail, that's so obviously fake that I wanna puke. No kidding. And who the hell am I. Let's face it, in the world of BT I'm noone.

ovisan
09-28-2009, 06:36 AM
I used to be on IZ cause most of its staffers were my mates, but I got bored and started concentrating on trackers forums. I ve got into sdbits from TPS(i think), but I have less than 10 posts for sure overthere. The thing that bothers me most is the poor English skills of most of the regular users and the fact that they post 30 times a day in "Playing now" thread...

TP635
09-28-2009, 07:17 AM

Thank God this isn't an invite forum.Seriously I think that more invites get given out randomly on the web than get given out here anymore.
And you don't get invited any place from being staff here which is the way it should be.

But this is an invite AND a threading Forum.

n00bz0r
09-28-2009, 07:27 AM

But this is an invite AND a threading Forum.
//fixed. :shifty:

TP635
09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/

Disme
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM
I've only been active on FST and a place where the goat-theme is quite common.

I've been hearing a lot of people complain about the 'goat'-place lately. To each his own I suppose, but not everybody sucks dick there or has sexual relations with animals. I NEVER sucked up to anyone there, I have never been afraid to speak my mind and when I did I never got into any kind of trouble.
I never asked for a tracker invite in public, nor in private.

I do believe those 'invite-places' are filled with two types of people.
The ones looking for invites and the ones not looking but just interested in meeting some nice chaps and meeting new people.

I joined that 'goat-place' without any intention of obtaining invites and made a fair share of friends there, people that were in no need of an invite, just like me and just wanted to have a place where they could have some fun and/or discussions.

I've said this a hundred times before ... the way you perceive a tracker or forum is entirely personal. Off course people that get kicked out from a place (rightfully or wrongfully) will not speak high of that place. And some will just abandon their accounts because they feel they don't belong there.

I'm still a member here at FST and that 'goat'-place and unless one of these 2 places starts doing things that personally make me feel 'unhappy' I won't give up my membership.

Can't comment on other places like TPS, I-C, and the likes since I might have signed up there a long time ago but never bothered to become active since I didn't feel at ease there.

cap87
09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
You have said it all Disme ;)

There are good and bad people, good and bad things everywhere.

Bitching about it because you were banned there for breaking whatever rules will not change that. Just live with it and stop posting in every thread bashing this or that site you don't like.

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM

But this is an invite AND a trading Forum.

Not to me.
If this forum was truly about invites or trading I would have zero reason for continuing to come here.
It's after all FileSharingTalk not Invite Central.

n00bz0r
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Not to me.
If this forum was truly about invites or trading I would have zero reason for continuing to come here.

good one..;)

lisabritpop
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Not to me.

nice post..to me...FST isnt a trading forum...tbh, I hope its a BT community:D

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Like most things it's really what you make of it.

n00bz0r
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM

touché :happy:

TP635
09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Not to me.

nice post..to me...FST isnt a trading forum...tbh, I hope its a BT community:D

The FACT is that FST has an invite forum and an ACTIVE Threading Forum.

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes but if a hotel has a regular bar and a Gay bar does that make everyone who goes to the regular bar Gay? because that seems to be what you're implying.

Zip
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
The FACT is that FST has an invite forum and an ACTIVE Threading Forum.
Active threads are great, aren't they? Or did you mean threads are actively being created? Either way that's great for this forum. :)

By the way, what a great thread, Rart.

I enjoyed reading this part. And the funny thing is how true it actually is. :lol:

Zip
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
By the way, what a great thread, Rart.

I enjoyed reading this part. And the funny thing is how true it actually is. :lol:

dvdasacd
09-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I've said this a hundred times before ... the way you perceive a tracker or forum is entirely personal. Off course people that get kicked out from a place (rightfully or wrongfully) will not speak high of that place. And some will just abandon their accounts because they feel they don't belong there.QFT.

To each his own. really.

Frias
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM

Not to me.
:mellow:
:shifty:

:rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Like I said things are what you make of them and after reviewing your posts you seemed committed to only making them worse.:dabs:

TheKarateKitt
09-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I apologize for interrupting the discussion but how many of you know about tracker-reactor. This is an invite-forum which sells accounts to members for 15$ each, and the funny thing about it is that they don't allow traders in their community.. look how fuckud up the politics of the bt have became. Everything is starting to became so false and interest-based

Fvckin' A! These so-called "torrent trader" forums are exactly like that. God damn HIPPOcrits. They say "NO TRADING IS ALLOWED!" Yet on one such similar site, on the very FRONT page, they have a LIST of threads created by users offering up various TRADE invites to many private trackers.

Like another user here said, the admin/mods of these sites are into witch hunting. For the one site I mentioned above, I was banned just failing their little "test" (Yes, they make you take a test). About 3 months later, I was bored and tried to enter again. New IP and new e-mail to try to register again. Well, apparently even tho my IP had changed (it must have been an insignificant variation of the #'s) - and 3 months later - they realized it was me trying again and instantly banned me....even though I would have passed their little gay test this time.

Hypocrites and nazi-ass admins piss me off.

Duckater
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I look at it this way if a site does not want me there it is there loss not mine :)

TP635
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=Zip;3298745]Active threads are great, aren't they? Or did you mean threads are actively being created? Either way that's great for this forum. :)

Bad English on my part:D

Bad-Day
09-28-2009, 11:36 PM
LOl @ idol again...... thanks for the laugh...

Fst is about something..... w... well ....ah... ... off shit and stuff....

BrianH
09-28-2009, 11:46 PM
lol every invite forum out there is filled with ppl who dream about trackers like its their life lmfao

they made em so they can deep throat each other all day and maybe get some invites in the process

Bad-Day
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
lol every invite forum out there is filled with ppl who dream about trackers like its their life lmfao

they made em so they can deep throat each other all day and maybe get some invites in the process

And they form groups... popular kids... who criy... all day because they got banned or because the invite application wasn´t accepted... and than the flaming starts... and thats the essence off fst.

Its more about crying than invites.....

Zaxx
09-29-2009, 12:39 AM
lol every invite forum out there is filled with ppl who dream about trackers like its their life lmfao...

I bet for at least half of 'em, it IS their life...or at least they think it is. :rolleyes:

I was fortunate enuff to have been part of a private site where the vets, who already belonged to most all of the desirable trackers, totally out numbered the requestees/noobs that came thru.

Duckater
09-29-2009, 12:50 AM
I aint ever requested a site in a forum and do not intend to, guess I am a bit old school on that.
Only place I given any thing away for is site I am an one of the owners of, other than to people I know very well, infact all them are senior staff where I am :)

IdolEyes787
09-29-2009, 02:56 AM

And they form groups... popular kids... who criy... all day because they got banned or because the invite application wasn´t accepted... and than the flaming starts... and thats the essence off fst.

Its more about crying than invites.....

I thought that it was about learning something, whether about trackers or people and hopefully having a bit of fun in the process.

You know Bad Fur Day I am joking about the illiteracy don't you? I am only intentionally nasty to people who actually deserve it.

DonkeyPacker
09-29-2009, 03:22 AM
I love tracker invite forums. They're really quite entertaining and great for starting out.

golden_9y9
09-29-2009, 04:09 AM
they server a purpose as long as the person doing the inviting has half a brain and invites does a thorough job. People have to start somewhere I received my first 2 invites from this forum.

n00bz0r
09-29-2009, 05:04 AM
they server a purpose as long as the person doing the inviting has half a brain and invites does a thorough job. People have to start somewhere I received my first 2 invites from this forum.

did you trade an invite to FST in order to earn that ban?:idunno:

Zaxx
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
What ever it was, it was quick...:blow:

scrappen
09-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I agree on all your points Rart. I'd say the majority of the members on those invite-only boards are there solely for the invites. After all, they where created by and for l33t traders, lol.

cinephilia
09-29-2009, 06:37 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-accepting-bcg-applications-370160
he was just offering to help our fellow fst members getting in bcg... wait, it wasn't the same account :unsure:

n00bz0r
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-accepting-bcg-applications-370160
he was just offering to help our fellow fst members getting in bcg... wait, it wasn't the same account :unsure:

aww.. thanks for the heads up. :)

Swepsycho
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
make sens plz...

cinephilia
09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
make sens plz...
¿huh?

Swepsycho
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
make sens plz...
¿huh?ur my frend...how u can tell me how can find melwin?

NSMB
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
¿huh?ur my frend...how u can tell me how can find melwin?
cinephilia, what exactly did he offer you to let him admit you're his friend in public? What exactly?:unsure:

tr1ggerh1pp1e
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
My experience with these boards is very limited, but I like it just like that :) Fill out an application form and go through an interview to get on a message board....wtf?! I'm not sure if I like where this thing is heading - way too many kids on bad ego trips...

cinephilia
09-29-2009, 07:15 PM
ur my frend...how u can tell me how can find melwin?
cinephilia, what exactly did he offer you to let him admit you're his friend in public? What exactly?:unsure:
his eternal friendship :mushy:

The_Martinator
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
He just asked me to be his friend too. I must be cool...

CPC464
10-07-2009, 12:11 AM
i can only speak fot T.I. but...

i am a member of t.i. and have been for well over a year. i use this forum much more than here because it is much more informative and has some fantastic members. its much easier to make friends there than it is here and noobs are actually welcomed and helped.

the staff at t.i. are quite strict but rightly so, as its not only their job to keep the forums in order but they stop the idiots getting on the trackers and should be thanked for the job they do.

i laugh at some of the comments in this thread..lol... "i was a member of invite zone" some one says..AhAh.. well so was i. IZ was made up of 80% t.i members. the cream of ti were sent i pm from D------ to join I.Z. almost everyone there had every tracker below ftn which was hardly ever given away. so it became just a chatbox, then finally closed.

T.I. is a fantastic forum for the noobs as they dont get shot down with sarcasm like here and if they are willing to be a good honest members they will defo reek the benifits, get all the info they need and eventually get their dream tracker. good members at t.i. are definitly rewarded.

unlike this place T.I. is non trading, new members must also join another forum first to prove their worth before being able to join T.I. i cant understand why when all trackes hate trading that fst has a trading section.

I admit T.I. is full of idiots but thats usually the noobs, but most the idiots here have been here for years and claim to be full of knowledge, they shoot down noobs and crusify anyone setting up a new tracker. Well almost everyone at T.I has signed up for the most proising new tracker created for years, yet there is absolutly no mention of it here in any thread :). lol some members here didn't even know that CN had spent the last three weeks open sign up.

memebrs of fst ned to open their eyes and take off their blinkers as there is a much more open world outside of fst.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:18 AM
i can only speak fot T.I. but...

i am a member of t.i. and have been for well over a year. i use this forum much more than here because it is much more informative and has some fantastic members. its much easier to make friends there than it is here and noobs are actually welcomed and helped.

the staff at t.i. are quite strict but rightly so, as its not only their job to keep the forums in order but they stop the idiots getting on the trackers and should be thanked for the job they do.

i laugh at some of the comments in this thread..lol... "i was a member of invite zone" some one says..AhAh.. well so was i. IZ was made up of 80% t.i members. the cream of ti were sent i pm from D------ to join I.Z. almost everyone there had every tracker below ftn which was hardly ever given away. so it became just a chatbox, then finally closed.

T.I. is a fantastic forum for the noobs as they dont get shot down with sarcasm like here and if they are willing to be a good honest members they will defo reek the benifits, get all the info they need and eventually get their dream tracker. good members at t.i. are definitly rewarded.

unlike this place T.I. is non trading, new members must also join another forum first to prove their worth before being able to join T.I. i cant understand why when all trackes hate trading that fst has a trading section.

I admit T.I. is full of idiots but thats usually the noobs, but most the idiots here have been here for years and claim to be full of knowledge, they shoot down noobs and crusify anyone setting up a new tracker. Well almost everyone at T.I has signed up for the most proising new tracker created for years, yet there is absolutly no mention of it here in any thread :). lol some members here didn't even know that CN had spent the last three weeks open sign up.

memebrs of fst ned to open their eyes and take off their blinkers as there is a much more open world outside of fst.

Two reasons that FST is superior to T.I. ( I honestly don't have the foggiest what that is)

T.I. is a fantastic forum if they are willing to be a good honest members they will defo reek the benifits,......and eventually get their dream tracker.

.....to prove their worth before being able to join T.I

I don't expect you to understand what I mean btw.

CPC464
10-07-2009, 01:36 AM
i understand exactly what you mean.

1. like it or not people join forums like T.I. and FST to get into what ever tracker they want, what ever level. just because fst is very old and has lots of old members who are membes of most tackers. they joined here with one thing in mind and that was to join trackers.. the fact they stopped here is another matter ( most members - not all)

2. members are asked to join forum before they enter t.i to get an idea of what they are like. unlike here an obvious trader would not be given an invite to t.i. as t.i. respects the rules of most trackers...also it stops idiots like you getting there and getting fsc invites that are given away in vip section for fun.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Indiots like me? What exactly do you mean by that?

And no that 's not what I meant at all.:unsure:

CPC464
10-07-2009, 01:46 AM
people who know feck all but still feel obliged to comment... you and the rest

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
If I know "fuck all "or not depends entirely on the subject really .

I think at least I know whether something should be treated seriously or not.

God I wish I was a bastard that would be useful right about now.

killercam101
10-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Invite sites are great everyone should join a few. Then when you get into your "dream tracker(s)" turn your back on the invite forum(s) that helped you get into that/those sites.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Shut up idiot.

killercam101
10-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Shut up idiot.

:angry: don't take that tone with me

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:53 AM
It's guys like you that are what is wrong with this forum.
That and we don't give out enough invites.

CPC464
10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
you obviously know fst is superior to T.I. though by your own admission you don't have the foggiest what that is. So why comment on something you know feck all about. idiot

like i say i am still at ti and have great friends there and always will. i joined for one reason and got so much more

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I don't know why are you?

1000possibleclaws
10-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I was actually an active member of a private invite forum (InviteZone) up until a year ago. IZ's staff promotion choices were pretty bad imo (lack of leadership and no balls to put forum members ahead of tracker staff wants) with a couple exceptions, but other than that it had a surprisingly good userbase. That forum had its flaws and the forum was generic just like every invite-mover forum is, but I don't regret being a part of it while it lasted. Alot of my closest 'bittorrent friends' were met in the I.Z. chatbox, all of whom I've kept in touch with even after my ban and the closure of the site. A few are active on FST and the rest are active on IRC channels.

Now I've had my fill of bittorrent/btt invite forums and would never join or be active on any forum other than FST. Might as well be active on a tracker instead.

CPC464
10-07-2009, 02:05 AM
It's guys like you that are what is wrong with this forum.
That and we don't give out enough invites.

just trade

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 02:15 AM
I really don't know to answer that except to say no thank you I've never felt the incination.
Of course I've never felt the inclination to enter someone else's home and start trashing the place either but to each his own I guess.

Btw seriously what is your problem? I mean besides the CN affiliation I mean.

CPC464
10-07-2009, 02:34 AM
I mean besides the CN affiliation I mean.

i have no affiliation with cn what so ever, dont even want to join and declined the open signup application thing.

my point was that more information about trackers was available at t.i. than here.

though i did mention cn open signup the most recent, very promising new tracker i mentioned was not CN. almost 4000 people have recently joined this tracker yet i can find any mention of it on FST via the search...which seems strange for such an informative forum.

now run along and go and play on your skateboard or summat

pone44
10-07-2009, 02:39 AM
On the topic of what I think about invite forums, I don't. It is what it is. I'm sure people have their own preferences but i am fine with what I have. there is no need for me to join anymore than the 3 so called Invite forums that I am a member at,including FST. No need to ask for any invites. Am content with what i have but I see how it would help people just starting with BT in a positive and negative way. Depending on the member joining whatever forum. They could be lead the wrong way or learn what not to do (trade,cheat)by good members which are probably on most forums.

sheriff 01
10-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Invite sites are great everyone should join a few. Then when you get into your "dream tracker(s)" turn your back on the invite forum(s) that helped you get into that/those sites.

I have heard through the grapevine that there exists some super elite clubs, that when you become a member there the gates to bt heaven open up and there on the other side is killercam101 waiting to greet you with a smile. :glag::partytime:glag:

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 03:01 AM
I mean besides the CN affiliation I mean.

i have no affiliation with cn what so ever, dont even want to join and declined the open signup application thing.

my point was that more information about trackers was available at t.i. than here.

though i did mention cn open signup the most recent, very promising new tracker i mentioned was not CN. almost 4000 people have recently joined this tracker yet i can find any mention of it on FST via the search...which seems strange for such an informative forum.

now run along and go and play on your skateboard or summat

You seem to , not surprisingly,have neglected the gist of my post to focus on the one part that supports any argument that you have.

About the skateboard: why is it that truly puerile people such as yourself seem to think that seriousness equates to maturity?
As I've stated on numerous occasions I have learned through experience that solemnity is best reserved for things that deserve it.

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 06:30 AM
You're not high, therefore you're old as hell. :lol:

PlayeR
10-07-2009, 07:28 AM
is sWiFT still there at T.I?...

Bad-Day
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
What the f*** is T.I ?

Torrent invites or something ? .net ? .org ? .com ?

lets play the hangman

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
What the f*** is T.I ?

lets play the hangman

.com

Damn I shouldn't have done that. And it's torrentinvite, btw.

their GA section is divided to low level and ''normal'' invites. If you're elite you can get high level ones.

Even FST doesn't have that. :dabs:

cap87
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM

exactly :shifty:

Bad-Day
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
What the f*** is T.I ?

lets play the hangman

.com

their GA section is divided to low level and ''normal'' invites. If you're elite you can get high level ones.

Omg! sorry Martinator :pinch: i forgot to say, i don´t care :P

But thanks

about the elite invites....... woot! maybe i can get a gmail invite over there who knows!

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
.com

But thanks

about the elite invites....... woot! maybe i can get a gmail invite over there who knows!

I know you ''don't care''. I'm pretty sure you'll google it now, though.

About elite invites, IDK. I'm not l33t enough. :sadwalk:

Bad-Day
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM

But thanks

Thats not, what people say about you...... :shifty:

I don´t google, i usually call the cops for info... they have reviews, and invites to all sorts off places.

Dunno if they more elite than you.;)

Rikikii
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM
is sWiFT still there at T.I?...

He is banned there, as far as I know.

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Thats not, what people say about you...... :shifty:

I don´t google, i usually call the cops for info... they have reviews, and invites to all sorts off places.

Dunno if they more elite than you.;)

I'm sure you are. ;)

I don't believe in what people say about others. I'm sort of a try it yourself person. So I'll do you a favor. I won't believe what people say about you. ;)

ovisan
10-07-2009, 11:40 AM

lol @ the level thing. Very stupid if I may

cap87
10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Now i'm curious. What do people say about bad-day? :lol:

Bad-Day
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Oh, are you bored? ;)

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 01:43 PM

They say that he's l33t of course. what else? :lol:

BrianH
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
you obviously know fst is superior to T.I. though by your own admission you don't have the foggiest what that is. So why comment on something you know feck all about. idiot

like i say i am still at ti and have great friends there and always will. i joined for one reason and got so much more

u suck on dicks all day long to get something and u call those ppl ur friends lmfao
every1 knows torrentinvite.com is a fkin joke lolol
i remember ur boy omega begged me for an invite to ftn like his life depended on it i swear he must have cried irl when i told him to fk himself lmfao
this forum here is normal ur forum is fked up
gtfo here kid

sheriff 01
10-07-2009, 03:46 PM

u suck on dicks all day long to get something and u call those ppl ur friends lmfao
i remember ur boy omega begged me for an invite to ftn like his life depended on it i swear he must have cried irl when i told him to fk himself lmfao
gtfo here kid

I must say, that was a very enlightening post. :yup::tank:

DouglasQuaid
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
TI is great but would be better if it wasnt for the collectors. It's full of people that NEED gft and ftn without understanding how pathetic the sites are compared to SCC.
It's weird to see a place where ScT, SCC, BMTV are easy to get.

cap87
10-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Oh, are you bored? ;)

That too :happy:

FBI
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM

gtfo here kid

He has a point. Usually this kind of forums die because most of the actual active users end up getting all they wanted before they signed up there and just go away. Call someone of friend just because the guy gave you an invitation to a tracker is hilarious. And this is not me talking to CPC464, I don't even know the guy but I have seen this happen before yeah.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
TI is great but would be better if it wasnt for the collectors. It's full of people that NEED gft and ftn without understanding how pathetic the sites are compared to SCC.
It's weird to see a place where ScT, SCC, BMTV are easy to get.

And that's a good thing exactly how?

Btw not everyone shares your views of certain sites. but then I'd take IPT over any of the aforementioned sites if forced to choose.

brightsid
10-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Give and Get Idoleyes787. As in the real world trade of goods makes the world go around, in his world invites traffic is good for bt economy

Zaxx
10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I was actually an active member of a private invite forum (InviteZone) up until a year ago. IZ's staff promotion choices were pretty bad imo (lack of leadership and no balls to put forum members ahead of tracker staff wants) with a couple exceptions, but other than that it had a surprisingly good userbase. That forum had its flaws and the forum was generic just like every invite-mover forum is, but I don't regret being a part of it while it lasted. Alot of my closest 'bittorrent friends' were met in the I.Z. chatbox, all of whom I've kept in touch with even after my ban and the closure of the site. A few are active on FST and the rest are active on IRC channels.

Now I've had my fill of bittorrent/btt invite forums and would never join or be active on any forum other than FST. Might as well be active on a tracker instead.

Think you hit it on the head re: IZ...+1 as far as a great userbase, met several quality p2p folks there who I still bs with on occasion. But, like you, I've think I've had my fill of the invite sites...but it being private, invite only, and non-trader made it nice while it lasted.

Funkin'
10-07-2009, 11:31 PM
What the f*** is T.I ?

lets play the hangman

.com

:wank:

Bad-Day
10-07-2009, 11:39 PM
.com

:wank:

I like the word elite!!! Its soooo l33t :sick:

sheriff 01
10-08-2009, 01:07 AM
I remember back in the day browsing through all 3 T.I. sites and to tell you the truth none of them impressed me at all. After searching
for quite sometime i finally came across good ol fst and i have no complaints at all.

Cabalo
10-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Funny how it seems a couple of posts, not only mine, suddenly disappeared :whistling
No harm done, by the way. ;)

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Now you made me go through the whole thing again.Only post deleted was by BrianH for quote "being asinine".

Cabalo
10-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Now you made me go through the whole thing again.Only post deleted was by BrianH for quote "being asinine".
Eh, complaining in the wrong thread.
My bad.
You owe me an infraction.

cabedna
10-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Personally I never found an invite forum that I liked.

But that's just me.

BrianH
10-08-2009, 07:55 AM

liar my post wasnt deleted i bet ud like that tho i kno ur mouse always hovers over delete when u see me post

The_Martinator
10-08-2009, 11:03 AM

liar my post wasnt deleted i bet ud like that tho i kno ur mouse always hovers over delete when u see me post

I know mine would.

Slickerey
12-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Most invite forums are okay if you ask me. I don't like the ones that are very secretive such as CFS and RiSE. Many of them are full of members who are full of themselves. I don't like the way many invite forums operate. Many of them are also full of members that do nothing but kiss each others' asses. I've heard many good things about ETIV, but it's just not for me.

There are other invite forums that are even more secretive (and interesting) which I hear about repeatedly.

awaited
12-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Most invite forums are okay if you ask me. I don't like the ones that are very secretive such as CFS and RiSE. Many of them are full of members who are full of themselves. I don't like the way many invite forums operate. Many of them are also full of members that do nothing but kiss each others' asses. I've heard many good things about ETIV, but it's just not for me.

There are other invite forums that are even more secretive (and interesting) which I hear about repeatedly.
they must be really secretive:unsure:, cuz I haven't heard any of them :mellow:

nextom
12-09-2009, 09:36 AM
if a tracker is open for invitees, you'll find that tracker on every bullshit invite forums via google. if a tracker is closed , everyone suddenly wants in and you'll find that tracker name and url everywhere else too. i've had it..

cap87
12-09-2009, 01:01 PM
RISE?

Must be a new one, never heard of it.

WhitePowder
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Without the influx of new users, how does these secretive trackers forums survive. I mean there must be some point when every user gets the every invite he ever wanted. What do they do after that ?

cap87
12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Without the influx of new users, how does these secretive trackers forums survive. I mean there must be some point when every user gets the every invite he ever wanted. What do they do after that ?

The truth is, there's no such thing as secret forums/trackers.

Unless you create a forum and don't tell anyone.

IdolEyes787
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM

Just my opinion but it really has little to do with security and a lot to do with tlack of self worth.
I mean few people on these sites are looking to get into the best trackers they are only looking to get into the most exclusive ones.Being a member of a hard to get into tracker feeds their egos in much the same way as being a member othe uber-selective invite site does.

The_Martinator
12-09-2009, 05:45 PM
RISE?

N00b, it's RiSE. Learn to read!!!one11! :lol:

Being secretive just for the sake of ehm, secrecy is just plaing wrong btw. I don't know anything about RiSE, btw, but if there are such sites, they surely don't last long.

category6
12-10-2009, 06:42 PM
there is a good forums and other bad
the good forums got a good members
and ask for a lot of ratio proofs and other thing
to make sure that you are not cheater traderor other stuff

cinephilia
12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
forums asking for ratio proofs? is that a joke? :unsure:

Cabalo
12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
there is a good forums and other bad
the good forums got a good members
and ask for a lot of ratio proofs and other thing
to make sure that you are not cheater traderor other stuff
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And that is a good forum?
What do you have to say about arab-invites then ?

n00bz0r
12-11-2009, 02:00 AM
^^ Bravo!

Slickerey
12-11-2009, 02:30 AM
they must be really secretive:unsure:, cuz I haven't heard any of them :mellow:

The forum that I am talking about knows exactly who they are. They're so secretive that I can't even mention their name. Sorry.

RISE?

Yes, RiSE happens to be one of those invite forums. But, they're dead. It takes their staff members a month or two to code a site running off of vBulletin. What a joke. :lol:

The_Martinator
12-11-2009, 07:59 AM
... and they don't ask for many ratio proofs, right? :P

Cabalo
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
The forum that I am talking about knows exactly who they are. They're so secretive that I can't even mention their name. Sorry.
Ah, so they are run by kiddies who never had a tree house when they were younger.
A secretive invites forum, for fucks sake. :dry:

Ewwwyourface
12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
hes talkin about a joke forum called fuck the real world where ex traders go to talk about shit thats already been discussed and try to be cool
their name speaks for itself and they have no members lmfao

Slickerey
12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
... and they don't ask for many ratio proofs, right? :P

AFAIK RiSE had giveaways where ratio proofs were needed. Just about every invite forum has rules like these.

Ah, so they are run by kiddies who never had a tree house when they were younger.

I wouldn't say anything about their staff members. Really cool guys if you ask me. Weren't you on CFS?

Cabalo
12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
AFAIK RiSE had giveaways where ratio proofs were needed. Just about every invite forum has rules like these.

I wouldn't say anything about their staff members. Really cool guys if you ask me. Weren't you on CFS?
I was!
I was banned with this exact sentence: "not CFS material" :happy:
At least they complimented me on my way out.

Slickerey
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
:lol:

Not CFS material? That's one of the most horrid ban reasons I've heard of in my entire life.

cap87
12-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Still bashing the forum because you got banned? ffs

Anyway, all of those new "secret" forums are created by kids trying to get in all those elite trackers. It would be nice to see a decent new one for a change (not invite oriented forum though).

awaited
12-12-2009, 10:45 AM
still bashing the forum because you got banned? Ffs

anyway, all of those new "secret" forums are created by kids trying to get in all those elite trackers. it would be nice to see a decent new one for a change (not invite oriented forum though).

fst:01:

Slickerey
12-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Still bashing the forum because you got banned? ffs

Anyway, all of those new "secret" forums are created by kids trying to get in all those elite trackers. It would be nice to see a decent new one for a change (not invite oriented forum though).

Like that one run by a little Romanian trying to get into BCG. He couldn't even write a proper sentence. Just reading anything written by him hurts my brain.

Word has been going around of him being the owner of BitMeDino.

anon
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Heh, the case of the guy that put up an invite forum just to get inside BCG is well-known. Proof of how low some people are willing to go just to get an invite. :huh:

Slickerey
12-12-2009, 08:08 PM
He's one of the most well-known yet most hated people online. :lol:

Cabalo
12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Heh, the case of the guy that put up an invite forum just to get inside BCG is well-known. Proof of how low some people are willing to go just to get an invite. :huh:
I've never heard of it :unsure: What was his site?

anon
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I think it was called TakeMe. More info here:
http://**************.com/2009/08/15/takeme-a-new-site-for-tracker-chat-and-invites/

Edit: yep, matches the requirements - it's from Romania and runs on a free hoster.

Edit 2: from another article:

Look at TakeMe - as word would have it, the sysop only started the site to get an invitation to BCG - clearly wasting everyone's time in the process.

Cabalo
12-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Ah, the comments were a nice read. Saw yours there too.

anon
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Saw yours there too.

I didn't make any comments there :) And if I had, it'd be with the same nick I use here.

Slickerey
12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
:lol:

I wonder what happened to the guy. I wonder how things are working out for him. I also heard that he got BCG through his forum, but they banned him because they found out about it. What an idiot. :lol:

Rart
12-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Saw yours there too.

I didn't make any comments there :) And if I had, it'd be with the same nick I use here.

I think he was referring to the ones made by anon, although that name is pretty common.

anon
12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
I also heard that he got BCG through his forum, but they banned him because they found out about it.

That's even more stupid, I hope they didn't ban the whole tree as usual. :dry:

Eargasm
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I only know of one invite forum, and it's here on filesharingtalk.com. I think it's ok. I've used it to give away invites and to receive invites. It's pretty useful.

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I only know of one invite forum, and it's here on filesharingtalk.com. I think it's ok. I've used it to give away invites and to receive invites. It's pretty useful.

I know of many. CFS, eVo, ETIV, FST, Panda's Land, TIC, and IC come to mind when I see the words "invite forums".

Cabalo
12-13-2009, 02:13 AM
the scummiest of them all: torrentinvites.net
half of the threads there are invite selling. the other half are trades.

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 03:48 AM
the scummiest of them all: torrentinvites.net
half of the threads there are invite selling. the other half are trades.

+1

But they're not l33t at all. ;) What other l33t communities are there?

Cabalo
12-13-2009, 04:28 AM
TPS, where it's forbidden to trade, but once I mentioned I was a member at FTN, I was immediately proposed a trade, and then when I laughed at him, I was thrown 30$ on the table.

Do you know anything leeter than that?

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 04:45 AM
TPS, where it' forbidden to trade, but once I mentioned I was a member at FTN, I was immediately proposed a trade, and then when I laughed at him, I was thrown 30$ on the table.

Nope. Nothing that I can think of. Ironic, isn't it? TPS is supposedly a place where their members don't trade. Yeah right. :lol:

Isn't CFS well-known for their top-notch reviews? That's what I've been told.

cinephilia
12-13-2009, 05:49 AM

I know of many. CFS, eVo, ETIV, FST, Panda's Land, TIC, and IC come to mind when I see the words "invite forums".
wow! amazing!!!

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 03:14 PM
wow! amazing!!!

I know right? You even had to quote the entire post.

The_Martinator
12-13-2009, 03:40 PM
TPS, where it's forbidden to trade, but once I mentioned I was a member at FTN, I was immediately proposed a trade, and then when I laughed at him, I was thrown 30$ on the table.

Yep, people who get offered 30$ and decide that it's all OK that such a person stays in such a forum. After all he knew invite sellers were there.

Had it happened here you'd have reported him. And you know it. :whistling EDIT: Before you were a mod, I mean.

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Yep, people who get offered 30$ and decide that it's all OK that such a person stays in such a forum. After all he knew invite sellers were there.

Had it happened here you'd have reported him. And you know it. :whistling EDIT: Before you were a mod, I mean.

Otherwise he would ban them with his banhammer powers. ;)

Cabalo
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Of course I would have proceeded as you said.
Here I care, there I didn't. Simple.

Otherwise he would ban them with his banhammer powers. ;)
Really, I try to avoid using it as much as I can. See TvControlsYou.

The_Martinator
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM

I get that part. What I was suggesting is, what if that makes you look leet? You must care for the BT community as a whole... This makes it seem that you don't, IMHO. Why? Because this guy prolly would get as close as possible to getting globaly banned.

Someone PMing you trying to buy invites and you reporting him isn't hunting him (in a sense as some would be trader hunters hunt traders) and your post about being a member at a site sure isn't entrapment either.

PS: Sorry for beating a dead horse. I just have some time atm.

Cabalo
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM

I get that part. What I was suggesting is, what if that makes you look leet? You must care for the BT community as a whole... This makes it seem that you don't, IMHO. Why? Because this guy prolly would get as close as possible to getting globaly banned.

Someone PMing you trying to buy invites and you reporting him isn't hunting him (in a sense as some would be trader hunters hunt traders) and your post about being a member at a site sure isn't entrapment either.

PS: Sorry for beating a dead horse. I just have some time atm.
I don't have reasons to believe they do care as a whole. It's them who are obliged to set the example.
In fact, I know of a lot more personal interests there, regarding their staff, that I won't go in detail here, as now I've some added responsibilities, and it could be considered an institutional clash.
I'll leave that for you guys to read at scenenotice sometime. :rolleyes:

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't have reasons to believe they do care as a whole. It's them who are obliged to set the example.
In fact, I know of a lot more personal interests there, regarding their staff, that I won't go in detail here, as now I've some added responsibilities, and it could be considered an institutional clash.
I'll leave that for you guys to read at scenenotice sometime. :rolleyes:

Cabalo reminds me of yocto for some weird reason. I don't know why, but you just do...

anon
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Cabalo reminds me of yocto for some weird reason. I don't know why, but you just do...

Perhaps the Scene notice thing? yocto promised to post logs with information about how SCC would go down soon after December 1st, but it took him a few days until he finally couldn't show them, supposedly because of the way he got them. :whistling

This is merely informative, I'm not trying to bash Cabalo :)

IdolEyes787
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM

You mean the little green guy from Star Wars that talks funny?
Yeah I can see that too.

anon
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I think he's talking about the STN Sysop :D

IdolEyes787
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Yoda is the STN sysop?:O

jimmyg123
12-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I feel that with tracker invite forums its the users choice if they want to participate in them or not. For me im am not here for tracker invites im here to learn more about bt, I know there is alot that i do not know about bt and its something im really interested in.

Slickerey
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I think he's talking about the STN Sysop :D

Yoda is the STN sysop?:O

No comment...

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:19 AM

Perhaps the Scene notice thing? yocto promised to post logs with information about how SCC would go down soon after December 1st, but it took him a few days until he finally couldn't show them, supposedly because of the way he got them. :whistling

This is merely informative, I'm not trying to bash Cabalo :)
I've no fucking idea who that yocto character is, besides what I read here.
Now you got me curious, did he have some issues with the fellows at SCC ?

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't know at all, Cabalo. Yocto claimed to have logs of SCC's owners talking with a certain member of the FBI and paying him to access one of their biggest topsites. Don't know if he's just making this up or if he's being serious, but I really don't care.

How did you get into CFS, anyways?

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't know at all, Cabalo. Yocto claimed to have logs of SCC's owners talking with a certain member of the FBI and paying him to access one of their biggest topsites. Don't know if he's just making this up or if he's being serious, but I really don't care.

How did you get into CFS, anyways?
I was invited, like everyone else.

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 01:31 AM

I see. I've been told that one could use their "Contact Us" page and wait for an invite. If they replied, then it meant that they were willing to have you as part of CFS.

How were their forums like? Active? Dead?

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:37 AM

I see. I've been told that one could use their "Contact Us" page and wait for an invite. If they replied, then it meant that they were willing to have you as part of CFS.

How were their forums like? Active? Dead?
Compared to this one? :lol:
If you're interested to join them, then sniff around, it isn't very hard to join. The only difference is that you see more FTN, FSC, FTWR, Skittles, UK-T requests unfulfilled than you see here.
Here at least people don't pretend. (well, in a different way)

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 01:58 AM
:frusty:

Skittles? No way. :lol:

I'd be up for an ok-ish community with a couple of good fellows in it. I've heard that CFS's reviews are very detailed, which is something I want to see. I'll sniff around and look for an invite after making a couple of friends here.

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 01:59 AM

I'd be up for an ok-ish community with a couple of good fellows in it. I've heard that CFS's reviews are very detailed, which is something I want to see. I'll sniff around and look for an invite after making a couple of friends here.
:eyebrows:

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 02:01 AM

You're trying to make a point, but I don't know what it is.

I'll eventually make my connections with people in CFS.

Rart
12-14-2009, 02:02 AM

So basically you're trying to use FST as a front and artificially make a couple friends here so you can get into what is, in your opinion, a superior site?

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 02:07 AM
So basically you're trying to use FST as a front and artificially make a couple friends here so you can get into what is, in your opinion, a superior site?

Wouldn't ever do that. FST is cool, but I'd never ditch it for CFS.

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 02:21 AM

You're trying to make a point, but I don't know what it is.

I'll eventually make my connections with people in CFS.
:eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Rart dixit

IdolEyes787
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM

I'd be up for an ok-ish community with a couple of good fellows in it. I've heard that CFS's reviews are very detailed, which is something I want to see.

I thought they were going to take them done considering that many site staff were opposed to them?
Btw in your case what is the point of a review anyway .Review can't tell you word one of whether or not you would like a "community"

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 02:26 AM
I thought they were going to take them done considering that many site staff were opposed to them?
Btw in your case what is the point of a review anyway .Review can't tell you word one of whether or not you would like a "community"

So you're saying that just because they have good reviews doesn't mean they have a good community? I know what you're trying to say and it's nice to see that you're telling me what you think of other places. There are other places that are interesting too, but this one just seems so interesting. I've visited their site a couple of times and it actually looks like a forum that has a very secretive nature.

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 02:29 AM
oh, for fucks sake. you say that a forum looks secretive just for looking at its login screen?

IdolEyes787
12-14-2009, 02:30 AM
No I am saying that what you consider a good community is a very individual thing as are the people you choose to consider friends.No review can help with either of those.

I personally hate most sites that most other people seem to love.
I'm not much of follower or a fan of people who are followers .

sheriff 01
12-14-2009, 02:34 AM
oh, for fucks sake. you say that a forum looks secretive just for looking at its login screen?

This has just provided me with a much needed laugh as i have been down in the dumps lately. Many thanks Cabalo! :glag::phone:

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 02:37 AM

+1

That really made me sound like a collector. I'll just lay off of the CFS thing for now. I'm not in a rush to join it anyways.

Ewwwyourface
12-14-2009, 02:44 AM
ok first off cfs is named cast from society enough said rly they are an inv forum who try to be cool and make goat jokes they also have a bunch of arabs looking for invites so lol

thats why the only forum i post on is fst

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 02:54 AM
ok first off cfs is named cast from society enough said rly they are an inv forum who try to be cool and make goat jokes they also have a bunch of arabs looking for invites so lol

You basically summed everything up about them. Good job!

Now less people will look for invites to CFS!

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 03:21 AM

You basically summed everything up about them. Good job!

Now less people will look for invites to CFS!
Actually you're the only one I've seen in a long time looking for them.
Some "friend" of yours must have told you it was cool and you could get uk-t there. :ermm:

Slickerey
12-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Some "friend" of yours must have told you it was cool and you could get uk-t there. :ermm:

But UK-T is dead! :lol:

Ewwwyourface
12-14-2009, 04:04 AM
thank u captain obvious

swas1980
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM

What are these forums..I donno any of these except FST..maybe they are hideous or maybe too elite..secondly google doesnt give any results regarding them. :(
How to get into these forums ? whats the criteria ? Panda's Land gives me China forests..and CFS gives me some College Funding Services :(
Others are also too gibberish..lol..are they the names or they are mythical ? :unsure:

hagckz0r
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Mwahah I suppose we'll never find out :D, don't cry they don't feed you.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM

What are these forums..I donno any of these except FST..maybe they are hideous or maybe too elite..secondly google doesnt give any results regarding them. :(
How to get into these forums ? whats the criteria ? Panda's Land gives me China forests..and CFS gives me some College Funding Services :(
Others are also too gibberish..lol..are they the names or they are mythical ? :unsure:

That's your first post? I think mine was "Hi happy to be here.":unsure:

sez
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
lol

swas1980
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Well I was always Happy to be here :) its not something to be said abt FST..just saw this odd topic and when I started looking at these invite forum names they were more of enigma..along with that I just had the curiosity what makes these forums sustain and survive..just want to have a view from the members and whats the way getting in ? is it a hurdle ? do they live upto the reputation they project ? and last but not the least their abbreviated names are more confusing..hence such a remark !

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
They are secretive, that's what makes them secure and better communities.

aka look at ftwr and uk-t .

Swift
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
there is no such thing as secure , even NASA can be broken so don't make invalid argumentes.

swas1980
12-14-2009, 03:54 PM
They are secretive, that's what makes them secure and better communities.

aka look at ftwr and uk-t .

Never knew that wabbit or wheelmods were secured or secretive..else why would they close...atleast in the case of wheely..

Coming back to the topic..does a forum being secret makes it secure or the other way round..I guess no..If a tracker can be penetrated then too an invite forum..which raises the very basic question abt these invite forums..does being secret serve the purpose ?

My curiosity was that some of the names of these invite forums are srsly different than what I have come across till now(these are mostly hidden and abbreviated)..but I dont think its that hard finding them or joining them if u know the right resources or have some good friends..and I think maybe FST will serve the purpose of helping me to get to know abt them..

Cabalo
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
So, you're just considering fst as a step stone to move to a better place? :lol:
Goodness gracious me...

pone44
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
What do you expect to find anywhere else that you can not find here?
Any site with over 500 members maybe less, is not entirely secret and never will be. I thought a site with a smaller and selective user base would provide more security than a site that is well known and is easy to obtain a invite to, has a large member base, etc.

Never knew that wabbit or wheelmods were secured or secretive..else why would they close...atleast in the case of wheely..

Coming back to the topic..does a forum being secret makes it secure or the other way round..I guess no..If a tracker can be penetrated then too an invite forum..which raises the very basic question abt these invite forums..does being secret serve the purpose ?

My curiosity was that some of the names of these invite forums are srsly different than what I have come across till now(these are mostly hidden and abbreviated)..but I dont think its that hard finding them or joining them if u know the right resources or have some good friends..and I think maybe FST will serve the purpose of helping me to get to know abt them..

The_Martinator
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a member at CFS. I guess that should give you an idea how shitty the community is.

And I have to LOL at people trying to use FST as a stepping stone, especially to get ino a forum. I just don't buy the outgrowing bullshit, pardon my french.

Someone told me it was like leaving your parents' house when you get older. Well, the point of moving out is to meet more new people, not to stay in contact with only a few selected, albeit new ones (while not talking to your parents ever again).

Of course you can live with your parents one day, in a flat another and in a shack on the beach the third, in this sense. And that's what I'm doing, visiting a few other forums. But I tell you this: FST has the most new members daily and that means new people to meet. :P

cinephilia
12-14-2009, 04:51 PM

please someone invite me to TPS, can't wait to see what's going on there :D

swas1980
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
So, you're just considering fst as a step stone to move to a better place? :lol:
Goodness gracious me...

I never said that..and I have never described anything as a better place..I just said FST would allow me to know more abt them..

What do you expect to find anywhere else that you can not find here?
Any site with over 500 members maybe less, is not entirely secret and never will be. I thought a site with a smaller and selective user base would provide more security than a site that is well known and is easy to obtain a invite to, has a large member base, etc.

Exactly thats my question..Thats what I am looking for..What do all expect to find there ? I mean ,do these forums really serve there purpose of making us find something different..

I'm a member at CFS. I guess that should give you an idea how shitty the community is.

And I have to LOL at people trying to use FST as a stepping stone, especially to get ino a forum. I just don't buy the outgrowing bullshit, pardon my french.

Someone told me it was like leaving your parents' house when you get older. Well, the point of moving out is to meet more new people, not to stay in contact with only a few selected, albeit new ones (while not talking to your parents ever again).

Of course you can live with your parents one day, in a flat another and in a shack on the beach the third, in this sense. And that's what I'm doing, visiting a few other forums. But I tell you this: FST has the most new members daily and that means new people to meet.

Well u gave me an idea about one from that list..what abt the others ?
Secondly I am not using FST as a stepping stone for my endeavor..I said that it will allow me to know more abt the forums..And my remark of joining them was general not particular..anyone who knows them or has the proper friends wont have trouble getting in..I in particular am curious abt their existence..rather then their content..

FST is the best and will remain so..Just was curious abt the mentioned invite forums existing so secretively..that its so hard to know abt their site and their existence..

pone44
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
swas1980, then do not worry about secret invite forums as you will find any info that you will not here. People seek curiosity or the chance being a part of that special forum will get them to whatever site they want. So untrue.
Others are just curious for knowledge or made there own forum to acquire invites for their friends, themselves or to profit. FST is one of the only BT forums that does NOT accept donations. It's members keep this forum alive, not donations or promise of invites.

swas1980
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
swas1980, then do not worry about secret invite forums as you will find any info that you will not here. People seek curiosity or the chance being a part of that special forum will get them to whatever site they want. So untrue.
Others are just curious for knowledge or made there own forum to acquire invites for their friends, themselves or to profit. FST is one of the only BT forums that does NOT accept donations. It's members keep this forum alive, not donations or promise of invites.

Thnx for the info bud..But if all these are true..then why so secret and hidden..I mean if the so called invite forums do not serve their purpose of invites then remaining hidden is creating less profit for them..

I stand by my old post that I do not know any of those abbreviated invite forums..which raised my curiosity..so knowing them isnt that bad either..since either ways they dont serve the purpose as suggested..

kukushka
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Isn't CFS well-known for their top-notch reviews? That's what I've been told.
for those trackers that allow it, the absolutely best place for reviews currently is TPS

The_Martinator
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
swas1980, I wasn't describing a forum. I was describing a state of mind, that's common at a few places where I'm at. Doesn't mean the whole "community" is like that.

swas1980
12-14-2009, 07:07 PM
swas1980, I wasn't describing a forum. I was describing a state of mind, that's common at a few places where I'm at. Doesn't mean the whole "community" is like that.

So if the whole community is not like that, does that mean that such forums do help in some way or the other..Coming back to the topic,as someone mentioned that the tracker reviews in the so called invite forums are top notch..Are these the only advantages being in such a hidden invite forum compared to the public ones ?

I am more curious to know abt them now :P

The_Martinator
12-14-2009, 07:26 PM
There's also the leetness factor. :P

Seriously, TPS for example is not hard to join (you'll need to pass an interview). Then you can come back here and bash it. Or not.

PS: Most people (myself included more than a year ago) join these forums to get invites to trackers. Most leave when they get what they came for, though.

swas1980
12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
There's also the leetness factor. :P

Seriously, TPS for example is not hard to join (you'll need to pass an interview). Then you can come back here and bash it. Or not.

PS: Most people (myself included more than a year ago) join these forums to get invites to trackers. Most leave when they get what they came for, though.

So the 1337 factor is associated with these invite forums u mean..so the more secret an invite forum u join, the more leeter u are..

Well so this means that a person has to be elite to join them..Maybe I need to find the defn of Leetness..Is that the only criteria to be in such forums ? and how does one become elite ?

Still I didnt come to know abt these..

pone44
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
How does someone become elite? Like in RL or a online bt superstar :rolleyes:? There is no such thing on the net or in RL. Some think they are elite or whatever but have their flaws just like the rest of us. What has happened in Bt should prove that word does not exist or apply to anyone.

The_Martinator
12-15-2009, 06:48 AM
:lol: Can't you tell when I'm joking?

cap87
12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
It seems like there is a confusion between being trusted by someone and trying to be elite in here :s

sez
12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
lol @how does one become l337 :lol:

Slickerey
12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Maybe your e-peen has something to do with l33tness? :lol: