PDA

View Full Version : question about TL

brento
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
What the hell does "Not here... not scene" mean?!

susiserken
10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
A Scene Release is a pirated piece of software, game, movie, music album etc packaged for distribution on The Scene.

There are some commonalities between all types of scene releases but the requirements varies between different types of media.

Generally each scene release has it's own directory. In the directory, besides the release itself is also an NFO file with details. The actual data is often compressed with rar or zip. Big files like movies or ISOs are split into several files using rar. Sometimes a SFV file is included to verify the checksums of the files.

Parts of the release standards harken back to the days when warez were distributed over BBS and some files, like .diz, that were highly useful with the BBS software are included for legacy purposes but are often ignored by the FTP servers that are now used for distribution.

KushBlow
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
^ Indubitably.

Cabalo
10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
basically, they try to mean that they have all the scene releases possible.
So, if it's not at TL, it means that the scene hasn't released it yet.

Rart
10-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Suiserken, although I give you credit for coming up with a detailed response you completely missed the question.

Bad-Day
10-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Just to reiterate, although suiserken explained the Scene to great detail, he never really answered the question. As cabalo said, it's a slogan to mean they they have "everything" that was released to the scene. If its on the scene, its on TL.

So unecessary :pinch:

Rart
10-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Suiserken, although I give you credit for coming up with a detailed response you completely missed the question.

So unecessary :pinch:

There, fixed it for succinctness :shifty:

IdolEyes787
10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
What the hell does "Not here... not scene" mean?!

It means that if something isn't present it can't be visible but they are vary pour speelers.

brento
10-05-2009, 10:32 PM
basically, they try to mean that they have all the scene releases possible.
So, if it's not at TL, it means that the scene hasn't released it yet.

Thanks for clearing that up me. Kind of a lame slogan though IMHO :P

TrollinThunder
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Gotta love how TL doesn't kowtow to the braille lobby. Just the other day I was in an ART museum that had braille outside the bathrooms.

IdolEyes787
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
If but TrollinThunder
To this ignominious forum had come
With repute as sturdy as his wit