PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced that it's impossible to seed on bitmetv

cabedna
10-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Unless you have access to other trackers who get their stuff quicker so you don't have to actually download it from bmtv.

No seriously.

I have a seedbox. Speeds are no problem for me. But when I download an episode THE SECOND it shows up, I don't even end up seeding even. Everyone somehow beats me to it.

The only possible solution is to grab the stuff off say, SCT before it hits bmtv and then seed it on bmtv.

Rart
10-06-2009, 02:44 AM
It is rather difficult. I use to cross seed from TL (I was a donor so no HnR/ratio there) and even so my buffer only increased small amounts with every torrent I seeded. It ended up being too much effort and I just gave up. However the recent "test" of freeleech gave me a decent buffer, so I'll be set if theres any extremely rare shows I may want on occasion. Otherwise Im not wasting my precious buffer :lol:

megabyteme
10-06-2009, 02:57 AM
It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

Would be my favorite TV site if that was different. :(

BrianH
10-06-2009, 03:24 AM
cabedna if u wana do that go to links then rss and keep refreshing till u see the show then u will be one of the first to seed it
but u dont have to do that shit just take the old shows u have on ur comp and rename hash seed them as packs u will gain 20gb/day at least

It's a great site. I wish I could "afford" to use it. I've managed to build up a 11.5 GB buffer. I could actually dl some of the shows I want, but it is easier to grab them elsewhere. Wish that wasn't the case.

lmfao

ca_aok
10-06-2009, 03:31 AM
The key is to pick a few popular seasons and stick them on your seedbox for a few months... really pays dividends. I probably made ~100GB off a few seasons of family guy for example. Of course you need the initial buffer to make that investment, but you should be RSSing new stuff to achieve that.

happyguy
10-06-2009, 04:48 AM
bitmetv...yeah... hard to get a big buffer in a short time.
bitmetv requires me to do some kinds of torrenting skills to survive on it.

that is...I have to choose one of these methods ( [a]cross seeding, [b] RSS auto downloading by using a seed box , [c] seeding popular seasons packs for quite a long time).

I agree that bitmetv is a awesome TV-oriented site. but, from time to time, I ask to myself " do I really need this tracker! "
when it comes to new TV episodes or season packs, I can get them either through SCC for new TV episodes or though SCT for old season packs
without worrying about ratio.

Hombre
10-06-2009, 04:54 AM
only a noob cant seed at bmtv. if u play smart, u will have no problems.

Cabalo
10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
but u dont have to do that shit just take the old shows u have on ur comp and rename hash seed them as packs u will gain 20gb/day at least
lmfao
:lol: In all honesty, this was the best advice so far in this thread.

OlegL
10-06-2009, 05:30 AM
I have a seedbox. Speeds are no problem for me. But when I download an episode THE SECOND it shows up, I don't even end up seeding even. Everyone somehow beats me to it.

I am surprised that anyone with an access to a seedbox would have a problem seeding there. When you say it's "impossible to seed", do you mean that your ratio is below 1.0 there?

megabyteme
10-06-2009, 05:32 AM
lmfao

I'll add that I did that for a while and (as you can see) got very limited results with a season of Family Guy, a season of Breaking Bad, and some individual eps that came out. It still was not worth the added effort vs simply grabbing shows from TL or just about any other site I have.

However, it is doable...so 1 point for the retarded chimp...:dry: BTW, what's the score? I'm probably still ahead by a few. :01:

philau
10-06-2009, 05:35 AM
"cross-seeding" is the key. bmtv's pretime is asctully far behind lots tracker, even TL beats it on most of TV show.

Scytalle
10-06-2009, 05:36 AM
you really can't seed back on bitmetv, with a seedbox? you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released. Which is enough to to be able seed those old tv show packs that will take a while to seed.

OlegL
10-06-2009, 05:38 AM
you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released.

Absolutely true.

4rainertunes
10-06-2009, 05:49 AM
I agree that it's tough, but it can be done.

-Do some research first. Find some popular shows, and then see whether the number of snatches is going up or down with each episode. You want to choose the shows that are becoming more popular over time.

-Do your downloading during prime-time in the US. That's generally when the most popular shows are released.

-Skip the 720p releases if you're trying to build a ratio. For whatever reason, I've always had much better luck with the non-HD releases. And they're way more popular too.

-Obviously, seed for as long as possible. After the initial release, there will always be plenty of people who download it over the next 2-3 days.

I've been able to maintain a good ratio on a home connection, but it definitely takes some work. Good luck!

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM

I feel the same way easily the best TV site except for the fact that you have to strategize over every download.I don't think that was the intent of the people who created file sharing.

The utter stupidity of downloading something that you've already downloaded someplace else . Can't say that I never do it but also can't say that I don't feel like a complete asshole when doing it.

Also I actually watch TV and to download something 5 minutes after I've just watched it just because it's popular therefore I know it will prolong my life on a site is something I'm not proud of.

Is anyone really, in the true sense, sharing here ? Aren't we are all just protecting our own petty self interests.

Impossible to seed at ? No my 500GB buffer *would beg to differ .
Pleasant to seed at ? A different story entirely.

* I worry about the buffer because I like the VIP status undoubtedly proving I'm a cawk.

Edit. Reading some of the other posts it looks like I'm more or less alone in moralizing.
Hardly shocking.

KushBlow
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
RSS shows like Heroes, Entourage, HIMYM, Dexter, TBBT, and so on. It's impossible NOT to seed if you RSS it, and make the RSS check every say 15 secs.

cinephilia
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
irc downloader is the key.

xJohnxSmithx
10-06-2009, 12:40 PM
There are a couple of other good tv trackers that are easy to maintain. I'd suggest tvt.com.

megabyteme
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I feel the same way easily the best TV site except for the fact that you have to strategize over every download.I don't think that was the intent of the people who created file sharing.

The utter stupidity of downloading something that you've already downloaded someplace else . Can't say that I never do it but also can't say that I don't feel like a complete asshole when doing it.

Also I actually watch TV and to download something 5 minutes after I've just watched it just because it's popular therefore I know it will prolong my life on a site is something I'm not proud of.

Is anyone really, in the true sense, sharing here ? Aren't we are all just protecting our own petty self interests.

Impossible to seed at ? No my 500GB buffer *would beg to differ .
Pleasant to seed at ? A different story entirely.

* I worry about the buffer because I like the VIP status undoubtedly proving I'm a cawk.

Edit. Reading some of the other posts it looks like I'm more or less alone in moralizing.
Hardly shocking.

BT was meant to be an efficient way to share files. From wha tI have experienced on BMTV, it is a place where people park files they have grabbed elsewhere, much easier.

Obviously, I have not beaten myself up over the necessary "strategy-based" system there. After a while of doing exactly what you described, Idol, I just quit pursuing a buffer and went elsewhere. My 11.5 GB windfall is enough for me to grab some almost-impossible-to-find cooking shows without draining the account.

I pay enough for, and am quite capable of even reviving dead torrents with my cable connection. I am not going to invest in a seedbox anytime soon, if ever. None of my other accounts, have any kind of "tightness" in them except Bitme, which also has a 10GB buffer. I have that in case I need something for school, which is more than enough- especially since ebooksshares has a much better selection. Most everything else I saw (not a thorough search, admittedly, -was available on Demonoid).

I realize that co-seeding and cross-seeding, co-cross-seeding, and even co-cross-cross-co-DHT seeding (OK, so I made a couple of those up...) have their place- when it is for the good of the site, but more often than not, it is 20+ seeders and 1 leech on a file that has been available for 10 minutes. There is no benefit, need, or efficiency in that type of "sharing".

I am also one who only downloads what I intend to use. Only in the rare circumstance that I see something that truly needs help, will I download just to download.

Really, if I wanted to jerk off, I would go to a more appropriate site. :naughty:

Benjamin
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I like the fact that bitmetv is hard to seed, gives me more of a challenge. I only download files exclusive to the site, otherwise I get them elsewhere. I'm pretty sure the site was built that way to keep torrents alive longer and keep pay2leech donations flowing.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty sure the site was built that way to keep torrents alive longer .....

Motherfuckers.

TrollinThunder
10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the site was built that way to keep torrents alive longer and keep pay2leech donations flowing.

No site is built to make it hard to seed. These sites developed that way. 3-4 years ago, when many of these great sites came about, there were almost no seedboxeshe if any used by regular users. THe original core of members, the old school folks who are still active members have solid ratios because a) they were around before a lot of new members and had more opportunity to seed b) there was much less competition in seeding and c) the people who didn't seed well are not there anymore.

As with all communities, these old school folks are like, I did it and so can you. They have helped build something that is reputed for its greatness and newcomers are expected to be obsequious in building their own buffers. But I doubt many consider the factors making that more difficult.

Polarbear
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I wonder how 20,000 members manage to have a good ratio when it's impossible to seed.

sheriff 01
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I wonder how 20,000 members manage to have a good ratio when it's impossible to seed.

They are all using the same dedi-server that denede17 is using. :hooray::hooray::clap:

Benjamin
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
@TrollinThunder
I was referring to the unpacked files, making it more difficult to seed.

TrollinThunder
10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
That was not mentioned in your post and does not matter. I suppose you thought that was implied by your mention "exclusive" files, but I was only a member for a month or so over a year ago and don't remember. Your point about it being hard to seed and liking it, in line with the general trend I've noticed about hard to seed discussion was what I was responding to.

Frolsa84
10-06-2009, 02:44 PM
150gb+ buffer with 60kb/s with the true upload speed of 50.

Bad-Day
10-06-2009, 03:46 PM
250gb buffer ....... just use the irc

Cabalo
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
and i thought portugal was banned from bitmeTv...

Albo Da Kid
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
and i thought portugal was banned from bitmeTv...
Proxies do wonders these days :wink;

cabedna
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
you really can't seed back on bitmetv, with a seedbox? you should easily be able to get 3 or 4 ratio on on all those new episodes that are released. Which is enough to to be able seed those old tv show packs that will take a while to seed.

Sounds like it should work right?

Well not for me. I grabbed House last night when it had only 1 seeder. Within seconds it was up to 200 seeders and even though I left it going for hours, I didn't even seed back what I leeched.

And this was on a 1GBPS seedbox.

OlegL
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Well not for me. I grabbed House last night when it had only 1 seeder. Within seconds it was up to 200 seeders and even though I left it going for hours, I didn't even seed back what I leeched.

Maybe your seedbox has an incorrect set up? I jumped on a 50 GB torrent during my third or second day of membership there with a 1 Gbps seedbox and I easily achieved the ratio above 1 on that torrent.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Was it updating ? I have that trouble on TVT and I need to cancel and redownload it something like 3 times before it "takes" .Only site that I have that problem on.:unsure:

cabedna
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Maybe your seedbox has an incorrect set up? I jumped on a 50 GB torrent during my third or second day of membership there with a 1 Gbps seedbox and I easily achieved the ratio above 1 on that torrent.
I'm quite sure my seedbox works fine.

Tokeman
10-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I never had any trouble seeding there with a 50KB/s upload speed. You are doing something wrong :)

PhillyEagles
10-06-2009, 07:08 PM
bmtv is easy to seed at. theres a few tricks. first off, you need to upload content and its easy because they have slow pre's and miss lots of shows. also get a free usenet acct or something and upload tv dvdr's and you get massive upload from that compared to a small 200mb file which everyone probably has as well and would jump on instantly after you upload it. theres rarely any dvdr's and its a big loophole which you can take advantage of and also make the site better.

also there site is so laggy in the evening time you get timeout errors and what not if you even try to go to the site on any evening when popular shows are preing. dont even bother on sun, mon, and thursdays. you need an irc auto in order to get the files those nights and even then you'll get red torrents. site unavailable and heavy traffic, or tracker timeout.

so just grab what u need from 0day. cross seed, jump on what you cant get other places, and upload dvdr.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
so just grab what u need from 0day. cross seed.

The essential fallacy in that practice is that you have downloaded exactly zero from the site .The more people doing that the fewer people to actually upload to, hence you are only making a bad situation worse.

DouglasQuaid
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
just learn how to partial seed and jump on popular torrents as soon as its announced in the IRC
this isn't hard...
Got to 60GB in 2 weeks
BitMe (compared to BMTV) on the other hand is hard to seed.

Cokeman
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I too had that same problem and dilema.

But it took me a few weeks to come with a solution.

Why continue with BITMTV if you can get same stuff from TL, REVOTT, SCC and SCT. Its by far the best tv tracker hands down, but why waste your sedbox on building a buffer. There are alot of 0day and tv trackers out there, combined they are best way for you to sleep at night.

If you think with seedboxyou can have a buffer on Bitmtv the same as TL or Revott , then your dreaming

cabedna
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
That's a point I frequently make.

People wet their pants over trackers like this, and the fact is they just aren't worth it.

Think about it. You can get the same shows 3 minutes later on a site like IPT and seeding will be effortless. Which brings up the point...why would you spend hours and hours strategically building up a modest buffer on BMTV for 3 minutes difference in pretimes.

Seriously... I want someone to try and tell me why I'm wrong here.

pone44
10-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I do not think it is hard to seed there. If you jump on all the popular TV shows then you will probably not seed that much back as others with seedboxes jump on those files too. let what you have downloaded seed for a while and you will seed back, also on packs that have a small amount of seeders to leechers,depending on your ratio.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM

People wet their pants over trackers like this, and the fact is they just aren't worth it.

Think about it. You can get the same shows 3 minutes later on a site like IPT and seeding will be effortless. Which brings up the point...why would you spend hours and hours strategically building up a modest buffer on BMTV for 3 minutes difference in pretimes.

Dempey and Makepeace ,The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., The Night Stalker, Tour of Duty, Hornblower, .........

Cabalo
10-06-2009, 09:01 PM
in 30 seconds i found them all at rapidshare. Takes longer to download, but for sure way less to seed back all those packs.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Without a premium account it would take exactly 7.2 years to download all that crap .

And don't try to use logic on me .I'm immune to it.

Bad-Day
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Bitmtv - go to the irc, wait for the releases whille chatting whit your friends. » easiest buffer ever.

megabyteme
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Without a premium account it would take exactly 7.2 years to download all that crap .

And don't try to use logic on me .I'm immune to it.

They give out those shots in Canada, too? At least we get to pay for ours! :01:

sez
10-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Achilles is speaking:

#[to Agamemnon] Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight.

#[after slaying Boagrius] Is there no one else? IS THERE NO ONE ELSE'!

#[to Agamemnon] Before my time is done, I will look down on your corpse and smile.

#[to Hector] We will meet again, brother.

# [to Briseis] You are free. If I hurt you, it's not what I wanted. Go, no one will stop you. You have my word.

# [to Briseis] Trojan soldiers died protecting you. Perhaps they deserve more than your pity.

# [to Briseis] You gave me peace in a lifetime of war.

# [to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting beyond those walls? Immortality! Take It! It's Yours!

# [Hector trips on a rock] Get up, Prince of Troy! Get up! I won't let a stone take my glory!

# [to Priam] You're a far better king than the one leading this army.

# [to Hector] There are no pacts between lions and men.

# [to Hector] You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue, you'll wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb. And all the dead shall know; this is Hector, the fool who thought he killed Achilles!

# [to Briseis] I want what all men want. I just want it more.

# [removing his helmet] Now you know who you're fighting!

#[to Briseis] I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful BECAUSE we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now, and we will never be here again.

We men are wretched things.

At night, I see their faces. All the men I've killed. They're standing there on the far bank of the river Styx, waiting for me. They say "Welcome brother."

#[to Briesis] There's no need to fear me, girl. You're the only Trojan who can say that.

Greece got along fine before I was born, and Greece will be Greece long after I'm gone.

talk about raw talent,whoever wrote this part of the script ought to have been a genius.

pone44
10-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Awesome movie. Bradd Pitt was vicious as Achilles. Hector got punked in front of the whole city.

Cokeman
10-06-2009, 10:45 PM

Dempey and Makepeace ,The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., The Night Stalker, Tour of Duty, Hornblower, .........

Im only familiared with Dempsy and Makepeace.
I was very young at the time, but she was damm hot.
If i found it i would DL. But not from Bitmetv. Dont have that bigg a buffer.

BrianH
10-06-2009, 11:24 PM

I'll add that I did that for a while and (as you can see) got very limited results with a season of Family Guy, a season of Breaking Bad, and some individual eps that came out. It still was not worth the added effort vs simply grabbing shows from TL or just about any other site I have.

However, it is doable...so 1 point for the retarded chimp...:dry: BTW, what's the score? I'm probably still ahead by a few. :01:

u serious thats 2 seasons u seeded u have to seed 20-30 seasons from ur comp not 2 u are rly dumb

and there is no score wtf its just me ripping on a nerd and u snitching and crying to staff to have me banned

megabyteme
10-06-2009, 11:28 PM

u serious thats 2 seasons u seeded u have to seed 20-30 seasons from ur comp not 2 u are rly dumb

and there is no score wtf its just me ripping on a nerd and u snitching and crying to staff to have me banned

You have the comprehension of a rock.

Persona non Grata, for so many reasons. :dry:

TrollinThunder
10-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Achilles is speaking:
BLA BLA BLA

If you thought that was good, read the Fagles translation.

IdolEyes787
10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
He translated Homer right ?I love The Simpsons.:smartass:

Cabalo
10-07-2009, 12:07 AM

You have the comprehension of a rock.

Persona non Grata, for so many reasons. :dry:
Allow me to disagree.
The latest polls clearly show that members who have a distinctive attitude are welcomed at this forum.

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Allow me to disagree.
The latest polls clearly show that members who have a distinctive attitude are welcomed at this forum.

:blink:

Damn the polls! :angry:

Although I have decided that I do not want to know who Swe "really" is, I am absolutely certain it is NOT BrianH.

Come back, Swe! I'll even add you to my friends list.:yup:

Cabalo
10-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Allow me to disagree.

:blink:

Damn the polls! :angry:

Although I have decided that I do not want to know who Swe "really" is, I am absolutely certain it is NOT BrianH.

Come back, Swe! I'll even add you to my friends list.:yup:
you should ask martinator, he is a level 10 user now. :yup:

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 03:11 AM

Level 10?!!! I was in a thread with him one time. If I had known, I would have taken a screen shot. :O

I did here a rumor (I won't divulge my source) that martinator might, in fact, be Swe...:yup: Those level 10 guys...they can do ANYTHING!

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Bet he's even on I.T. ( whatever that is)

Cabalo
10-07-2009, 03:17 AM
level 10 people are the elite of the bt world. true story. :yup:
then, maybe not, when you come to think about how many traders and ass kissers are there. or leech axx sellers.
Pity that once one fucks off, two jump in to take his place.

oh, the joy of BT land.

Bet he's even on I.T. ( whatever that is)
if it's a place to get invites, obviously.
You're pretty good stating the obvious lately. Pity it's such an underrated art.

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 06:27 AM

Level 10?!!! I was in a thread with him one time. If I had known, I would have taken a screen shot. :O

I did here a rumor (I won't divulge my source) that martinator might, in fact, be Swe...:yup: Those level 10 guys...they can do ANYTHING!

YOUR MOTHAR!!! :angry:

WHY IS YOU PUBLISHY MY INFO??!!!:sick::angry:

PS: :lol:

pffm
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
the_martinator & cabalo ... The best friends in the world!

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Achilles is speaking:
BLA BLA BLA

If you thought that was good, read the Fagles translation.

I thought he changed his name to "McLovin". :idunno:

YOUR MOTHAR!!! :angry:

WHY IS YOU PUBLISHY MY INFO??!!!:sick::angry:

PS: :lol:

Martinator/Swe,

So glad you came back!!! :hug:

You had me worried there for a minute, I thought I had a LEVEL 10 mad at me. :fear2:

And let me just say, and I think I speak for many of us here, what an honor it is to have you in this thread. Would it be possible to get you to sign my screen shot sometime? If you are not too busy, ofc. :mellow:

cabedna
10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Well this thread has gone awry I'd say...

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Well this thread has gone awry I'd say...

You had a good run, cabedna. :console: