PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands

Freemorph
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Wow I don't see anything about this game on this discussion :O

Borderlands™ sends up to four co-op players to the harsh frontier planet Pandora in search of a mysterious Alien Vault legend. Featuring a unique First Person Roleplaying Shooter gameplay, you'll customize your character as you explore and battle enemies in frantic FPS combat. And what would a Roleplaying Shooter be without loot? Borderlands'™ groundbreaking content generation system creates a near-endless variety of weapon and items to customize your character! Players can join and leave other players' games at any time, or choose to face the challenges of Borderlands™ alone. All these features combine with a deep, rich fiction and a bold art style to create a breathtaking experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters...

There is an AI That creates it's own unique weapons, and the count for guns in this game is literally 17+million combonations of parts, all of them look different and have different damage or abilities. So no more having the same gun in a game ever again! But if you want to collect all 17+mil it has been calculated to take 4.6 years if you find 10k a day.

www.borderlandsthegame.com

Release is set for Oct 20th for PS3 and XBOX360 and the 26th for PC, some region restrictions may be active.

I am really looking forward to this game, it looks really good :D

mr. nails
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
yes, it looks semi interesting.

sd3r8_I36qQ

raz360
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Been looking at borderlands for a while the only problem with this and other games coming out in next few weeks is there all going to be forget about when COD is on

towerblocks
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Looks a load of shite to me by the gameplay, Looking forward to playing operation flashpoint tonight, Just hope i won't be disapointed like i am with almost all 360 games that get released.

spacetrader22
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
man, I love the music in the trailer!

Sangus
10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Borderlands is going to rock. Pick it up on steam ;)

Takoom
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Borderlands is going to rock. Pick it up on steam ;)

i agree with you

dadelor
10-18-2009, 01:38 AM
downloading it as we speak, anybody played it yet to confirm whether its good or not for sure?

mr. nails
11-03-2009, 01:37 AM
atm i have 6 hours logged into this. made a soldier, spec'd infantry and am lvl 11. u run quests, upgrade ur weapons, u upgrade ur own stats and there's crazy loot in this game to be discovered. lovin' it!!! very fun and totally addictive. lol, i love picking up new weapons and wondering if it's an upgrade or not. :p

anyone that's into fps and rpg's this IS the game ur gonna wanna play!

Cabalo
11-03-2009, 02:23 AM
yup, agreed.
I've been playing this one non stop on my free time. But now I'll have a problem: how to find enough time to keep playing it as dragon ages : origins has just been released.

andy316
11-03-2009, 02:38 AM
if you play alone,this game is boring as hell..so playing with someone is the only way to get into this game.

TrollinThunder
11-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not bored playing with myself.

beansis
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm not bored playing with myself.

me neither :wank:

mr. nails
11-10-2009, 11:08 PM
beat the game. took me 32 hours. did ALL the quests, had 42 slot inventory & 3 million dollars upon completion. really good game, but the ending cums too fast! u only get to fight the aliens for like 2 stages... wtf?

seems DLC is supposed to show up within the month though for those who have purchased it.

Cabalo
11-11-2009, 03:42 AM
I've also beaten it. The final boss, Destroyer, was amazingly easy to defeat, once I discovered a spot where he couldn't hit me.
great game, i admit.

3RA1N1AC
11-12-2009, 05:59 AM
fun game, but end of the quest/campaign was far too abrupt. figured i was about halfway through it as i was assembling the key to "the vault." then joined a pub game & played with some randoms online for a couple of hours, killed the giant octopus, and THE STUDIO CREDITS ROLLED. was stunned, shocked, and not in a good way.

i'd heard that borderlands intends the player to do the campaign again with the same character at a higher difficulty level, but the brevity of the campaign was still disappointing. the graphics are great, the combat & multiplayer co-op are fine & fun, but there just should have been more locations & more quests. just when you feel like you're getting the hang of it, feel like you're making some progress, and you're starting to see a little bit of potential for variety in the environments & enemies -- BANG, you've reached the end of the game. was having fun till i got to the end, but then when i did get there, it was like suddenly realizing "WHAT! this game is INCOMPLETE. this is only half a game. WHERE'S THE REST OF IT."

picstk
11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
fantastic game!!!!

i love to play it with my girlfriend in split screen ghghghg ;)

IdolEyes787
11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
i'd heard that borderlands intends the player to do the campaign again with the same character at a higher difficulty level,

I'm on a second playthrough basically to get the skills that i still don't have and try and acquire a truly awesome weapon but it's jsut more of the same .
The game always seems to adjsut the enemies to your level so no easier fights and nothing mind blowing to discover.

I like the graphics/levels and the attitude/humour of the game but it's badly in need of more diverse enemies and as noted a better ending .
The final boss is also one of the easiest to defeat too.

mr. nails
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
was having fun till i got to the end, but then when i did get there, it was like suddenly realizing "WHAT! this game is INCOMPLETE. this is only half a game. WHERE'S THE REST OF IT."

this is true, but to my understanding the devs deliberately left it open for this new wonderful idea called DLC. seems DLC is gonna be how all games are made now. while i don't disagree with DLC in any way, but if games start to depend on it there is NO way the game should retail above $20. especially if i'm expected to pay for new content and/or play incomplete games @ the $50+ mark.

3RA1N1AC
11-13-2009, 06:49 AM
instead of continuing to play my soldier character (the one that i finished playthrough #1 with), i decided to give the siren a try. so far i've found it significantly more difficult. but soldier was a little too easy anyway.

soldier usually performed well with whatever junk weapons i found, while siren seems to be very dependent on finding weapons that have high elemental damage bonuses. mostly been able to find fire and explosion weapons in the newbie area (arid badlands), and occasionally a shock weapon. i'm thinking siren might become much stronger once i've gathered some corrosion weapons, some more shock weapons, and gotten further into the elemental skill system.

geezup
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Great game to play online with , I really enjoy it. Not sure why but it has something in it to keep my addicted

SonsOfLiberty
11-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I used the army guy, and solider is way to easy to play with, any gun does good damage...

Notes I beat way way to easy with the solider, but if you play as the siren or moratry or what ever, it doubles in difficulty and found myself dying 3x as much, and the berserker wasn't so bad, but he was nothing like the solider, so if you want easy be solider, if you like a challenge be somehting other than that, but I hated the other 3 people to be honest.

A few quick tips, everything re-spawns, give the enemies about 5 minutes and they come back, sure it sucked at first now it makes it even more fun, with 1,000's of guns and thats no lie either. So, you eventually find gun crates, and trust guns are a big big deal in this game, so every time you quite, and come back the "guns" re-spawn and you get new ones and sell the ones you don't want, I've sold over 1,000's by now. You can only hold so much gear, so make sure you save the claptraps....you know that when you see it, will give you more room to carry stuff, like alll the way up to 40 guns/armor/gernade mods/etc. Also, once you get to "New Haven" their are 4 "gun depots" in total (all 4 are on the roofs, very easy to spot though). So, if you want some quick weapons and cash, just start playing it, grab guns, exit, save and re-start playing :) Quick way to get cash and guns if you need it.

The only main drawback is that stupid claptrap tells you about jobs, but you can't hear him or no subs and no map marker...so it takes a bit to figure out side-missions and figuring out who to talk to, I talk to everyone I see (most won't talk to you period), so you have to keep checking with people, so that part sucks, but other than that, I love it, it's my new Fallout 3 for now.

7th
11-14-2009, 12:58 AM
yup, agreed.
I've been playing this one non stop on my free time. But now I'll have a problem: how to find enough time to keep playing it as dragon ages : origins has just been released.

haha, finished this one before DA:Origins :P
It's a great game indeed but you won't keep playing it for long after finishing it the first time unless you're a multiplayer gamer and have friends to join your game (not my case).

Hope to see more games like this one in the near future!

3RA1N1AC
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
The only main drawback is that stupid claptrap tells you about jobs, but you can't hear him or no subs and no map marker...so it takes a bit to figure out side-missions and figuring out who to talk to, I talk to everyone I see (most won't talk to you period)
that's strange. i see in your sig that you're playing on 360. all of the dialogue is clearly subtitled in the pc version, including the claptraps when they tell you "go to X for new jobs." would be pretty annoying to me to have no subtitles, since i usually prefer listening to music while i play games.

IdolEyes787
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
The character level tops out at 50 .
In related news I just wasted a couple of days leveling up trying to get every skill.:pinch:

davt
11-19-2009, 02:35 AM
nice game, downloading

ziggyjuarez
12-05-2009, 06:55 AM
This game got me hooked.Must beat it!