PDA

View Full Version : I need to plagiarize! (muhaha)

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Well basically I'm wondering if a tracker or forum or whatever exists where people upload their completed essays and exams and then you - the sneaky Russian - download it, maybe edit it a bit and have a full blown essay in your hands?

Preferably University material essays but High School is an option, if written well...and yes I'm too lazy to write an essay.

Thanks! :)

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Can't you just pass things the old fashion way by sleeping with your prof?

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Can't you just pass things the old fashion way by sleeping with your prof?

That's so 2006 :dry:.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Sorry maybe then I can find something to give you on 8 track if you want.

killercam101
10-07-2009, 01:35 AM
on what topic? you could always paraphrase wikipedia if its on a general topic *shrugs*

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Eh, not even good to joke about. Do your own damn homework!

Night0wl
10-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Be very careful. The professors know every site you'll find and crosscheck. It's usually grounds for expulsion if an important paper.

I have seen a teacher walk into a room, handing out the graded papers to the class, bypassing the cheater, then going over to him, putting the paper written side down on the table and leaving the class.

When he turned it over, he saw his paper clipped to the identical paper and a printout of web page, where, when, user, price etc.

He only had to go to final exams in every single subject, written and oral, full curriculum.

TP635
10-07-2009, 01:57 AM
There are programs and db used by faculty staff to detect cheats. Don't do it.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 01:59 AM
I told you to just sleep with your prof.

andy316
10-07-2009, 02:00 AM
there r places like that;)

how do i know?becoz i go there:D

Night0wl
10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I once got an assignment back non graded. Only said on the back:

"It's no fun grading stuff, that I have written myself"

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Go study!

And no, BrianH, I do not have my elementary English assignments. Quit asking!

LubTheStaringCat
10-07-2009, 02:06 AM
There was case a few years back at Edinburgh University, a lot of the students where caught cheating.
Some of the students where disciplined, the others where expelled.

It's something you should really think hard about, once you walk down that road there no coming back.

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 02:18 AM
What class?
What topic?
What level of school?
How important?
Due when?
What are the requirements of the assignment?

Socioeconomic structure of Canada (Indian prof ftw!)

Academic Uni.

Meh.

October 15.

No idea I was sleeping during the lecture.

But yeah I started writing it already, just needed to get the ball rolling. Was also wondering if such sites existed for future reference.

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 02:20 AM

Sorry I cannot be of help. I did not even know you guys had one of those. :idunno:

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 02:21 AM

Sorry I cannot be of help. I did not even know you guys had one of those. :idunno:

We don't, that's why I wanted to revert to the dark side :shifty:.

pone44
10-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Kushblow, I have no idea about that. I also would not try it. Nightowl is right though. Some professors will let it slide (maybe)but others will certainly not. They will check your references/sources.

Night0wl
10-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Much rather begin sharing notes with others in your class. I have like 2GB from business oriented college. Just not much in English, since I didn't even have to try at that.

Finished 3rd in my class of 22 thanks mainly to those notes.

@pone

He had no choice but to let it slide. I had already missed so much school from being elsewhere, that I had to take all exams, written and oral where applicable, full curriculum. About twice the amount the more serious students had to take. I didn't even have to write complete assignments, because no grades mattered. I just did it (for the most part) to prepare for the exams and asked all the teachers to read through/correct/grade them as if I was still eligible for that.

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 02:43 AM
All joking aside, it isn't that there is some super-mega database somewhere, it is the fact that by the time someone gets through the doctoral level they have at least an additional 5 -7 years of study beyond an undergrad. That includes primary research (original documents) and their own studies. They have also had year after year of assigning similar essays. They have read it, they have worked with it, and they have done their own projects.

Just in terms of years, picture a 5th grader trying to bullshit a senior in high school... The difference is far more pronounced than that, BTW.

Night0wl
10-07-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't know of any free ones, except Scandinavian ones, with almost a warezforum like structure. Either pay and share your own.

Should be noted that many of the people who upload stuff are lazy themselves, so the quality of the paper, even for reference purposes, aren't always that good.

sez
10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
http://www.freeetextbooks.com/
aside from the tracker,check out the forums as well ;).Your prof. probably has bitme but i doubt whether he has this one.

cinephilia
10-07-2009, 05:44 AM
universities have programs that are able to make the direct link between the text you found on the net and your essay, even if you modified its structure.

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 06:04 AM
universities have programs that are able to make the direct link between the text you found on the net and your essay, even if you modified its structure.

Do you know this, for certain, cine? Ofc, there's Google, but I have yet to see anything that Profs use other than their own sense of BS- which is quite capable.

I would be very interested to see some of the software, if it exists.

sez
10-07-2009, 07:17 AM

Do you know this, for certain, cine? Ofc, there's Google, but I have yet to see anything that Profs use other than their own sense of BS- which is quite capable.

I would be very interested to see some of the software, if it exists.

http://turnitin.com/static/index.html

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks, sez. I wonder how often that is used. The school would have to pay for it. The schools I have been in (I've taken the tour in this area :) ) None of them have mentioned anything besides Google.

Academic honesty is mentioned at the beginning of every class. Looks like this could be valuable. And scary!

Oh, and for KushBlow- I think sez found you a valuable link here! The site says they have over 90 million papers. Just log in. Surely someone has done a report on Canuks cuttin' down trees and smokin'/sellin' pot.

This could save you a lot of time!

mrnobody
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
some of our instructors made us submit papers online and hand out a hardcopy as well. They said the online system automatically checked for any short of plagiarism.

there are plenty of sites where you can buy (or exchange in some cases) papers (google it yourself).

BrianH
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Well basically I'm wondering if a tracker or forum or whatever exists where people upload their completed essays and exams and then you - the sneaky Russian - download it, maybe edit it a bit and have a full blown essay in your hands?

Preferably University material essays but High School is an option, if written well...and yes I'm too lazy to write an essay.

just write ur essay god dammit
why do u have be a man on ur avatar
ur a failure as a man

The_Martinator
10-07-2009, 04:19 PM

ur a failure as a man

I have to agree with BrianH here, allthough I don't want to, lol. With one minor change, ur failure as a student.

Seriously IMO it helps you more than it hurts you to write a paper. :yup:

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
ur a failure as a man

I have to agree with BrianH here, allthough I don't want to, lol. With one minor change, ur failure as a student.

WTF would BrianH know about school- especially the right way to do anything there? :unsure:

KushBlow- Until further notice, just to be safe, do the opposite of whatever BrianH says regarding your studies. We'll get this sorted out! :O

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 08:19 PM

WTF would BrianH know about school- especially the right way to do anything there? :unsure:

KushBlow- Until further notice, just to be safe, do the opposite of whatever BrianH says regarding your studies. We'll get this sorted out! :O

:yup:

And yeah it's just that I know our temp prof won't check it or care (he's that awesome) and it would take me a while to do it, probably interfering with my plans on taking my cat to the vet sometime this week.

Thanks for the site sez :).

BrianH
10-07-2009, 08:32 PM
megabyteme - 100x more than a loser like u taking evening classes

kushblow - lmfao dumb kid

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
megabyteme - 100x more than a loser like u taking evening classes

kushblow - lmfao dumb kid

That hurts coming from a guy who can't put together a sentence. :cry:

Just because you walked across a campus during daylight hours {b]once[/b], does not make you a "day student"! :noes:

And there is a difference between night school for teens and graduate school for adults. I doubt you will ever be in grad school, or an adult...

BTW, we have several "losers" (as you call them) from all over the world. They all have better mastery of English than you. ;)

Anyway, I am in the process of conducting a communication audit for one of the local charities. If you are from this area, perhaps they will be able to serve you better when I am done.:)

I also just noticed that you log in at all hours. The public library must be pissed that you won't leave. Go find a shelter, a cardboard box, or park bench. You can't live there!:dry:

PNG

pone44
10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Should take this to the lounge. Not telling anyone what to do but :P

BrianH
10-07-2009, 09:50 PM
megabyteme - not every1 is a loser like u and spends their entire life on the internet
plz ask staff here to check how much i login compared to u lmfao fkin nerd
u told every1 that u take evening classes like a loser i never told u anything about me lmfao
its hella funny to watch u throw desperate insults lol

i kno i ripped u apart
u can get over it now

KushBlow
10-07-2009, 10:08 PM
megabyteme - not every1 is a loser like u and spends their entire life on the internet
plz ask staff here to check how much i login compared to u lmfao fkin nerd
u told every1 that u take evening classes like a loser i never told u anything about me lmfao
its hella funny to watch u throw desperate insults lol

i kno i ripped u apart
u can get over it now

http://reluctantoptimist.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/12519282789391.jpg

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Should take this to the lounge. Not telling anyone what to do but :P

We wouldn't want to spam Kushblow's plagiarism source request, now would we? :D

And don't start trouble, pone. :dry:

:lol:

And Brain0 (borrowing that from a friend), you are one confused little primate. :console:

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm moving this to the lounge but don't let that stop you from insulting each other .
If anyone there bothers you louts either tell them this site is just as much yours as it is theirs or do the judicious thing and do what they would like to you - ignore them.

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey, where are we? Everything looks so different. Who are all the strange people looking at us?

/me clicks heels together 3 times

There's no place like Bit Torrent, There's no place like Bit Torrent, There's no place...

pone44
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
This is not Kansas. lol

megabyteme
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
UR the one who got us here. Nice going!:dry:

Now what? Are we supposed to talk to these people? Do they even speak English? Do we know anything about them?

Gawd, did that one just take a bite out of a rat?!!! :O

IdolEyes787
10-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Part of the problem with FST is that people don't feel comfortable making full use of some sections.
I wish a few more people would show some cojones and if they have something that they feel like talking about just fucking post.

BrianH
10-08-2009, 12:07 AM
even the mod here thinks megabyteme is a fkin chode lmfao

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Some mod would first have to know what chode means.

BrianH
10-08-2009, 01:13 AM
A male who is anywhere from socially awkward to being so far gone they can't even admit they are socially awkward.

wtf stupid forum wont let me post without typing

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Earth to Brian. Even if you are only copy/pasting by the mere fact that you are using a keyboard it is still technically typing.

KushBlow
10-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Earth to Brian. Even if you are only copy/pasting by the mere fact that you are using a keyboard it is still technically typing.

I like satirical posts.

http://onefreeinter.net/win.jpg

megabyteme
10-08-2009, 03:57 AM
Citing the "Urban Dictionary" again?!!! Don't you have anything that adults read? Are you even old enough to be in this section?

Oh well, stupid is as stupid does, right there, Brainy? :frusty:

BTW, he wasn't talking to me...my guess is that he was talking to the people who did not migrate with this thread. You know, the ones who could be considered as, "not having the cajones to post" here. :rolleyes:

I love the fact that you came to a new section and got called "...a massive arsehole" on your first post. At least you are consistent!

How 'bout I just leave you here and let the locals rip you from limb to limb and then feast on your scrawny carcass? While you're here, why don't you cite the "Urban Dictionary" for them? I'm sure they will be impressed! :lol:

Skiz
10-08-2009, 05:19 AM
I used "studentoffortune" once. You may want to try that.

brotherdoobie
10-08-2009, 05:33 AM
^and Faux News...

-doobs

BrianH
10-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Citing the "Urban Dictionary" again?!!! Don't you have anything that adults read? Are you even old enough to be in this section?

BTW, he wasn't talking to me...my guess is that he was talking to the people who did not migrate with this thread. You know, the ones who could be considered as, "not having the cajones to post" here. :rolleyes:

I love the fact that you came to a new section and got called "...a massive arsehole" on your first post. At least you are consistent!

How 'bout I just leave you here and let the locals rip you from limb to limb and then feast on your scrawny carcass? While you're here, why don't you cite the "Urban Dictionary" for them? I'm sure they will be impressed! :lol:

yes he was talking about u
u are dumb as fk
ok u have all this free time to read my posts cuz ur a nerd
but im an asshole and proud of it every1 knows it so wtf r u saying kid
btw u dont like urbandictionary cuz ur a fkin loser irl
u are not even fun to insult anymore cuz ur such a fkin failure i just feel bad for u after awhile lmfao

Burnsy
10-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Part of the problem with FST is that people don't feel comfortable making full use of some sections.

That's one part of it...

yes he was talking about u
u are dumb as fk
ok u have all this free time to read my posts cuz ur a nerd
but im an asshole and proud of it every1 knows it so wtf r u saying kid
btw u dont like urbandictionary cuz ur a fkin loser irl
u are not even fun to insult anymore cuz ur such a fkin failure i just feel bad for u after awhile lmfao

I think the above quotes are another large part also... it never ceases to amaze me how many threads, whether the subject or logical discussion or not, always seem to turn into massive flaming competitions...

Couldn't FST open a new forum called 'Fight Club' or something? Then as soon as the flaming starts in a thread the members can just 'take it outside' (for want of a better term) and piss off into said Fight Club and leave other users to just chat about the subject at hand?? :lol:

Barbarossa
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Haha that's not a bad idea.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I tried to get into a fight in a section of a tracker called "Fight Club" but all people did was argue .
Then the mods told me to shut up and stop being so hostile.:unsure:

Barbarossa
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Mods are idiots

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Ain't that the truth.

KushBlow
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I tried to get into a fight in a section of a tracker called "Fight Club" but all people did was argue .
Then the mods told me to shut up and stop being so hostile.:unsure:

:lol::lol:

BrianH
10-09-2009, 06:22 AM
remove be a man from ur avatar little boy

Skiz
10-09-2009, 07:54 AM
remove be a man from ur avatar little boy

Great point.

Well represented.

:manker:

BrianH