PDA

View Full Version : FST should go invite only.

Rart
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Registrations should be closed.

You can donate 10 euros for an invite to FST.

You can donate for posts. 1 euro = 5 posts.

You may also donate for star. 50 euros will give you an additional star under your username.

You can also opt out of receiving credit for your donation. For anything less than 5 euros, you will receive a small star next to your name. Every bit helps.

A bonus system would be implemented. Each post gives you five bonus points. At 1000 bonus points you can exchange it for a custom title. If you manage to collect 100,000 points you can exchange it for an invite.

Every thread in the BT invite section costs 1000 points.

If you don't make a post for 42 days or more, your account will be disabled.

A "ratio system" will be established. If you are a member for more than 8 weeks, have a posts per day ratio above 2.0, and have 10,000 points, you may be promoted to power user.

Power users gain access to an exclusive invite forum and can view the "top 10" most active threads.

Any member with a post ratio under .3 per day will be warned to correct ther ratio.

We shall become leet :yup:

:fst:

ovisan
10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
pmsl.

So what are you suppose to do with your other 1337 invite forums?

The_Martinator
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Lol. You forgot that inviting a good trader will earn you the ''super jackpot''.

Duckater
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
So a member asks for help from tracker staff who has not donated to tfst cannot reply as he has no posts avaliable the member then gets no help.
So what use then are the forums on this side of things?

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Lol. You forgot that inviting a good trader will earn you the ''super jackpot''.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I trade fst account for sct invite!!!!!!! email me at [email protected]

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM

You can donate for posts. 1 euro = 5 posts.

You may also donate for star. 50 euros will give you an additional star under your username.

You can also opt out of receiving credit for your donation. For anything less than 5 euros, you will receive a small star next to your name. Every bit helps.

A bonus system would be implemented. Each post gives you five bonus points. At 1000 bonus points you can exchange it for a custom title. If you manage to collect 100,000 points you can exchange it for an invite.

Every thread in the BT invite section costs 1000 points.

If you don't make a post for 42 days or more, your account will be disabled.

A "ratio system" will be established. If you are a member for more than 8 weeks, have a posts per day ratio above 2.0, and have 10,000 points, you may be promoted to power user.

Power users gain access to an exclusive invite forum and can view the "top 10" most active threads.

Any member with a post ratio under .3 per day will be warned to correct ther ratio.

We shall become leet :yup:

:fst:

But we will still be able to post utter shit right?:shifty:

NSMB
10-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Well you obviously want this because you don't want any scumbags here,wich it is lots and lots of. So, how are you planning to get rid of those already here? I suspect you're going to take control over FST and make it an internet dictatorship, am I right?

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Well you obviously want this because you don't want any scumbags here,wich it is lots and lots of. So, how are you planning to get rid of those already here? I suspect you're going to take control over FST and make it an internet dictatorship, am I right?

:unsure:

NSMB
10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Well at least I think it's obvious his going to carry out some sort of genocide on FST's traders,trolls and general scumbags so I'm kind of scared right now. Anyone here on protecting our valuable member Swepsycho from this horrible act?

Cabalo
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Clearly the OP seems to forget that FST is a bit more than just bittorrent.
And this thread clearly belongs to the lounge, where it should be properly thrashed by the wild animals that inhabit such den.

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm lobbying for giving every member the ability to move threads.

sheriff 01
10-11-2009, 05:01 PM

I can only imagine the amount of utter fuckin chaos that would envelope us all if every member was give the ability to move threads. I think it would be a mods worst nightmare. :lol:

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I can only imagine the amount of utter fuckin chaos that would envelope us all if every member was give the ability to move threads.

My point exactly . Comfort results in complacency .No more coddling ,create a truly inhospitable environment where only the fittest survive.Sure it would be brutal in the short term but that's only the DoDo bird in you talking .
Short term pain for long term gain.Darwinism really.

ca_aok
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Did everyone miss the ironic point of the OP, or are you all simply acting stupid so you have the chance to flame him?

pone44
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Nice :D

To the lounge.

sez
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Did everyone miss the ironic point of the OP, or are you all simply acting stupid so you have the chance to flame him?

it says you have 84 posts,where did you take the rest?

beansis
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
shouldn't this be in the stricter moderation please thread?

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
shouldn't this be in the stricter moderation please thread?

No!! lets move it to ttc :P

sez
10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Bump this thread when you take drugs

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimmyCamLate
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree invite only is the way to go, then I can trade my account and get better forums!

new_member
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Nice idea

Dr-SeMSeM
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
how this happen ?

FST is the first gate to torrent system and by this method we will prevent a lot of members to join the torrent world and make it closed community ..

FST in torrent world like Hotmail ,Yahoo , GMail in mailing system . couldn't be with money

may the member donate to the site if the site administration accept in exchange with some services in highly private trackers ..

really i don`t know and cant imagine

Rart
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM

Subtlety is lost online.

nutcr0cker
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Being l33t might sound cool however, power is in numbers and is against the spirit of sharing. Technically speaking leet can equate to leech also. Secondly FST is considered the gateway to the torrents site so getting it inviye only would be against the spirit of file sharing. In nature the power is in collective. Would not be hard to RIAA to kill afew thousand but millions would be impossible to kill. Having said that leechers need to be kept at bay.

eldiesel
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Are you kidding :) ?

pone44
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Seem to be indulging yourself with spirits. What are you saying? There are ten other invite forums that will pop up next month. Will being invite only keep all the shady people out of the other invite forums and how?

Being l33t might sound cool however, power is in numbers and is against the spirit of sharing. Technically speaking leet can equate to leech also. Secondly FST is considered the gateway to the torrents site so getting it inviye only would be against the spirit of file sharing. In nature the power is in collective. Would not be hard to RIAA to kill afew thousand but millions would be impossible to kill. Having said that leechers need to be kept at bay.

IdolEyes787
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM

Subtlety is lost online.

Who's acting?

@beansis who suggested stricter moderation .
If an original post suggests that more serious discussion is what the person is after then I can assure you the moderation will fall in line with that desire.
This didn't .The lack of strict control doesn't preclude anyone from making a serious comment on this subject it only allows the thread to go any direction that the majority wish.

My serious comment on the subject is , although I understand the principle behind invite only forums ( I think ) , I've never heard of one that didn't end up being something less than intended.

nutcr0cker
10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Seem to be indulging yourself with spirits. What are you saying? There are ten other invite forums that will pop up next month. Will being invite only keep all the shady people out of the other invite forums and how?
There is no absolute guarantee of anything. Shady as in leaches or shady as in profitting off invites is matter of perspective. I am against invite only because it become a closed content. lets say there are 10000 files in a l33t torrent site I would say atleast 60% of the content would have been gathered from elsewhere. So technically instead of 1 leech having the content you have selective leetes having the content however the idea of exclusion goes aginst the idea of sharing.

Bad-Day
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Martha Stewart to all off you!!!

pone44
10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
So basically FST should remain as is. We are not talking about trackers. Thought this thread was about going invite only,donations which will probably never happen and there are so many other forums that do not follow tracker rules. It would not matter.

There is no absolute guarantee of anything. Shady as in leaches or shady as in profitting off invites is matter of perspective. I am against invite only because it become a closed content. lets say there are 10000 files in a l33t torrent site I would say atleast 60% of the content would have been gathered from elsewhere. So technically instead of 1 leech having the content you have selective leetes having the content however the idea of exclusion goes aginst the idea of sharing.

Rart
10-12-2009, 12:52 AM
http://bum.net/pics/facepalm-combo.jpg

n00bz0r
10-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Bump!

ca_aok
10-12-2009, 01:28 AM
it says you have 84 posts,where did you take the rest?
Uhh... what?

Also, lol@ everyone who took this seriously.

Albo Da Kid
10-12-2009, 01:29 AM
If you don't make a post for 42 days or more, your account will be disabled.Those 2 compliment each other in the smoothest aspect

Fst should come up with some more ways of getting members easily disabled... Not for profit intentions ofcourse:noes:

Also, lol@ everyone who took this seriously.
Yea? I took it seriously. So what are you trying to say by that. Why do you feel the need to laugh at me:P

beansis
10-12-2009, 01:33 AM
If an original post suggests that more serious discussion is what the person is after then I can assure you the moderation will fall in line with that desire.
This didn't .The lack of strict control doesn't preclude anyone from making a serious comment on this subject it only allows the thread to go any direction that the majority wish.

huh:huh:

I was making jest . . . what u talk bout??????????

KushBlow
10-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Consistency is key. With FST being so popular, they must be doing something right.

On a side note, extra sensitive condoms are fucking bullshit.

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/hijack/Hijack-DeNiro.jpg

BrianH
10-12-2009, 02:07 AM
stfu dont talk about condoms ur a little virgin boy who cant even type a paper on his own

KushBlow
10-12-2009, 02:11 AM
It's Ms Cleo's time of the month again. But please don't hijack this thread, I called dibs. Thank you kindly.

sheriff 01
10-12-2009, 02:21 AM
I didnt even think anyway uses condoms anymore anyway? My bad!!! I better go get tested. lol

IdolEyes787
10-12-2009, 03:14 AM

huh:huh:

I was making jest . . . what u talk bout??????????

Sorry for a second there I forgot I was dealing with idiots.