PDA

View Full Version : Tim Minchin

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Went to see him on Sunday night. The man is a genius.
Truly enjoyed the combination of a true word smith and an excellent musician.
If you've not heard of him, or have never seen any of his stuff, go and check it out!

He's also extremely sexy in a Jack Sparrow kinda way. Yum :w00t:

chalice
10-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Yep. I only got to hear of him a few weeks ago. Very impressive indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDGuPp1np4o

Reminds me a little of Victoria Wood at her ivory-tinkling best, like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g

Genius.

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Don't know how to embed Youtube links, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_htqDCP-s

It's about 10 minutes long but it is absolute genious.

chalice
10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Don't know how to embed Youtube links, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_htqDCP-s

It's about 10 minutes long but it is absolute genious.

Total fucking quality, girlie. True story.

Loved it to the max.

megabyteme
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
TL has Rock & roll nerd- the Tim Minchin story] Which, coincidentally, was shot mostly in Scotland as he made his breakthrough. xvid.

and it appears that there is a 2009 DVD (which is new to me) there, as well. It's called Tim Minchin: Ready for this

Great stuff!

Both have moderate seeding right now.

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Ready for this is his new tour mate, you should try and get it, I assure you, you won't regret it.

megabyteme
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Sounds great. He has yet to disappoint me.

I'll grab it now. :)

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
And this my friend, is why one comes to the Lounge :lol:

megabyteme
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Good stuff, indeed! Now that I have learned the power of "ignore", I will wield it judiciously, but more often. :D

I will definitely spend more time here. But I need to get going on a group project for class. I've been dragging my feet as long as I possibly can. :)

chalice
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Good stuff, indeed! Now that I have learned the power of "ignore", I will wield it judiciously, but more often. :D

I will definitely spend more time here. But I need to get going on a group project for class. I've been dragging my feet as long as I possibly can. :)

Fuck ignoring the spastics, man. They're better than soup.

There's a general trend emerging whereby loungists are putting spastics on ignore. Well, fuck that.

I've never put anyone on ignore even once. Perhaps that's cos all mongs consolidate into one in my mind. Ignore one, another'll puddle in to take its place. Treat them all the same and don't flatter any of them enough to purposefully ignore them.

They all end up fucking off. I generally see to that.

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I've to watch my blood pressure. :snooty:

megabyteme
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks, chalice. BrianH is, well, a "special" case. He's just too stupid. Period. Easy to beat on, but ultimately a waste of key strokes.

I have gotten a bit tired of the BT section. There are only so many things to talk about before it gets repetitive. Even spamming the section grew old. Thought about taking a break from forums all together, but realize that there are some intelligent, well spoken, and interesting people here.

I won't re-enable BH any time soon, but I will give some of the spastics as much of my attention as they deserve.

Gotta work on a project. Will talk to you soon. :)

Edit- See how easy it is for me to get distracted? :P Anyway, just took a peek at PtP, and found TM's shows from '07 and '08- So F***kin' Rock and So Live.

chalice
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks, chalice. BrianH is, well, a "special" case. He's just too stupid. Period. Easy to beat on, but ultimately a waste of key strokes.

I have gotten a bit tired of the BT section. There are only so many things to talk about before it gets repetitive. Even spamming the section grew old. Thought about taking a break from forums all together, but realize that there are some intelligent, well spoken, and interesting people here.

I won't re-enable BH any time soon, but I will give some of the spastics as much of my attention as they deserve.

There's nothing special about BrianH's case. Just another tard troll who has been slapped about verbally and it's taking its redundant 'revenge' on those who whupped it.

It'll stagger in, post wank and stagger out again. I'll push its buttons until it posts something racist or OTT out of frustration, and then it'll be banned and we'll start again.

Turn, turn, turn. All roads lead back to moi. :happy:

Skweeky
10-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I like how you have reverted to calling the tards 'it' instead of 'she', now that I am pregnant again.

You are well trained indeed. :wub:

chalice
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I like how you have reverted to calling the tards 'it' instead of 'she', now that I am pregnant again.

You are well trained indeed. :wub:

Yeah, well, you should be grateful, like.

Do you know how fucking annoying it is switching between the possessive pronouns and contractions all the time?

It's a fucking minefield all of its own, like.

JPaul
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Tim Minchin is that laddie that was on Never Mind the Botox a few times. He was moderately amusing for a Bill Bailey impersonator.

chalice
10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Tim Minchin is that laddie that was on Never Mind the Botox a few times. He was moderately amusing for a Bill Bailey impersonator.

Yeah, but Bill Bailey was a Tom Lehrer rip-offer, so all fings remain equal.

megabyteme
10-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Turn, turn, turn. All roads lead back to moi. :happy:

It's good you remain so humble, chalice. :D

I will happily read your side of the conversations (slaughter), but don't think the mentally-challenged really bring anything to the table worth reading. You are an artist and perhaps spastics are your canvas. I can enjoy a painting without knowing what that once generic, worthless canvas used to be. Actually, at no point was the canvas interesting to anyone.

Such is the life of a spastic.

JPaul
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
None of them can hold a candle to the genious that is Victor Borge.

Biggles
10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Orsum - wasn't sure what to expect as I've never heard of him. I thought maybe a Michael Marra but this was less gravelly.

SGG says best poem ever - she really hates homoeopathy :idunno:

JPaul
10-13-2009, 11:18 PM
homeophobe