PDA

View Full Version : Fsc Request

Totti
10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi This is going to be my first and last request for FSC if i wont be invited after this request i will be satisfied with what trackers i am a part of today and continue enjoying them like I have for the last 2 years :).
A little back round about my self I live in israel up in the northern part of the country about ten kilometers away from the Lebanese border and have been torrenting for about two years now. Everything i know about bittorent i have learned here on FST from all it's knowledgeable members.
I have tried to be as active as possible ever since i joined but because of me being in the army I have had limited internet access and therefor lower forum activity but that will be no more because i have finally finished my service this week so now more army for me :)!!.
If you are still reading this request then you probably would like to know why i would like to be part of fst well then here it goes :

1) the ratio system i have a slow upload connection. i always upload torents for 2-3 weeks so i can keep a good ratio on my sites but you will not see me having 200-300 gb buffers. And on FSC I will continue to upload for that period of time
2) I have heard about the differnet clubs FSC has and am particularly interested in the movie club that they have as i am an avid movie watcher and 95% of what i d/l are dvdr movies that i watch in my home theater.

I am a member of tti revtt dvdclub bs and tvtorrents.ro i am willing to send profile links to would be inviters for further proof

Thank you for dedicating your time to read my request and i hope for a positive result :)

ovisan
10-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I bet on 5 infraction p(o)ints that cabalo & alibx will post on the 1st page of the thread.
Totti (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/totti-178411) mate I can see you ve been here for almost 3 years now, you have helped people and as far as I can see you are a good member overall, but havent you learn one thing in all these years??? This kind of requests are more likely to ruin your chances to ever get in your dream tracker. They just don't want new people, at least that's what they say. Its like trying to hit on a burd that doesn't like men. Don't get me wrong, it may be a good tracker, it may be your dream but I don't think your BT life should end here.
I wish you GooD LucK with the request.

Totti
10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I did not say that this tracker is my dream and for from it i am very satisfied with the trackers that i am a member of today i very rarely have trouble finding the content that I am looking for.
Yes I know that Requests like this in general can "hurt my chances of getting in" like you pointed out but FST is the best place i know of to make this kind of request as allot of the members here are members of FSC so it just seemed logical to me

Bad-Day
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I live in israel

Totti
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
very informative of you thx

IdolEyes787
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
They just don't want new people, at least that's what they say.

I think any tracker would be happy to add some good new members. They just want to make sure that they will actually contribute.

Totti
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
yes you have to contribute and i truly hope that i can that's all i really can say about that

pffm
10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Looking at your BT rep list and recent post history seems that you are a good user but then I saw this in 2007, was a long time ago but still...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-have-pt-140-gb-buffer-post2312859/postcount1

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-looking-revtt-invite-post2324330/postcount1

And you say that this is your "first and last fsc request", but:

7Jan2008: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-request-fsc-post2565646/postcount1

25Jan2008: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-fsc-request-post2612346/postcount1

so, this is your third request.

Totti
10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
yes i did trade a pt account it was a long time ago and i have regretted that ever since i would also like it to be taken into account that i was new to the bittorent world and didn't know any better.As for the revtt account my lamo brother posted that...... i was a member there at the time and he wanted a separate account for himself

And I have forgotten about those requests but i would like to apologies i had no intention to lie but this truley will be my last request for fsc

ovisan
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I think any tracker would be happy to add some good new members. They just want to make sure that they will actually contribute.

I hope I am wrong and you are right mate. I have to remind you that loads of 'hard to get in trackers' opened their doors recently, and I don't think the've done it just cause they want more good users but the fact that they simply can't cope withthe server bill cause of the bloody credit crunch(a good thing a crisis's good for, at least for us the BT peeps).
I also think that all of us are good for something. Some of us are uploading, others are leeching, posting in forums, having fun in irc channels, making new friends who share the same interests. Now all we need to do is make sure that we belong to the trackers where we fit and feel better. It's a shame we need to go thrum all this just to get in somewhere and realise that we were only chasing pavements. This remind me of one of the best films I ve ever seen - Peaceful Warrior by Victor Salva. At one point Socrates says 'The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination'.

Again i wish someone will invite you in Totti mate, sorry for trolling your request. You have to know what to expect before making such a request.

About that bet... double or nothing on the second page?

edit:
yes i did trade a pt account it was a long time ago and i have regretted that ever since i would also like it to be taken into account that i was new to the bittorent world and didn't know any better.As for the revtt account my lamo brother posted that...... i was a member there at the time and he wanted a separate account for himself

And I have forgotten about those requests but i would like to apologies i had no intention to lie but this truley will be my last request for fsc

Hm... I recon that if first you had a few chances now its all ruined...

Totti
10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I know what to expect that's ok :) as for what you said 'The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination' the jouney is all the fun I have learned that to truly respect something in life you have to work hard for it !

ca_aok
10-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Yawn, "dreaming" of a tracker is idiotic.

I can tell you from firsthand experience unless you have a very specific reason you want to be there, you'll be disappointed when you get there. Those sorts of trackers appeal to two types of people... very community minded folks (but I mean to the point of forcing yourself to be active despite their small userbases) and traders/level seekers that don't care/don't know what the tracker will actually be like.

At the end of the day, it's a sleek looking site with great staff and some unique features. But the vast majority of the content you'll be downloading is 0-day, which you can get anywhere, usually with better speeds/faster pretimes. Everyone says they like packs, but you're not downloading those 24/7. And as for the movie club... join a movie tracker?

I feel the problem with requests is people have no idea what these "rare sites" are like, and blindly make requests saying it's their "dream" based on silly reviews that are outdated by years. This request is a prime example, because it mentions A) the clubs, B) the share index system, and C) the amazing community, which are a summation of what the review here says.

As for your chances, the FSC staff check here relatively often, and one of them might respond to this thread. However I wouldn't count on an invitation based on this post.

Cabalo
10-15-2009, 12:23 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/239/3/c/Mario_Facepalm_Ava_mote_by_Artemendo.gif

it's not about your old trade attempt, it was so long ago it doesn't count for anything at all, but in your profile you seem to have a rep point recently given by one of the most prolific traders at FST, palincarul. :ermm:

PS: Only Albo needs yet to post! I guess we will owe a beer to ovisan.

Albo Da Kid
10-15-2009, 12:34 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/239/3/c/Mario_Facepalm_Ava_mote_by_Artemendo.gif

it's not about your old trade attempt, it was so long ago it doesn't count for anything at all, but in your profile you seem to have a rep point recently given by one of the most prolific traders at FST, palincarul. :ermm:

I wasn't going to post but this just killed me "my lamo brother posted that"

Totti, I think it's about time to come clean mate. At this point you have nothing to loose and maybe it'll help your chances with Fsc.. It'll also show us that honesty is still alive in these black corners of BT now and days.

Give us as good story..C'mon!:cheers:

ovisan
10-15-2009, 12:39 AM
:cheers:

Someone send those pints my way please cause this request is cattled

cinephilia
10-15-2009, 04:03 AM
invite sent

sheriff 01
10-15-2009, 04:51 AM
Congrats Totti. :)

Chief_Garbonzo
10-15-2009, 05:54 AM
ovisan - so stoked to see other have been touched by the Peaceful Warrior!! Thats to this date still one of my favorite books ever. It can change the way you see life, in a good way. I'm assuming the movie is based off the book? I should check the movie out as I never knew there was one. If anyone is interested the book is written by Dan Millman. LOL, sorry about this off topic spam, but just got excited to see someone talk about PW. :P

OP, congrats, after I read your request I was hoping for yah. I believe if you have the respect and confidence of others here it doesn't hurt to ask. Although, as others have pointed out, you best be able to handle a verbal slash of posts when doing certain requests, lol :P

sez
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
@ovisan
The doe spread, the hustle hard
These bitches that remind me
Stay up on ma hussle hard
Cuz people love to see you fail
Hate to see you gettin green
Envy's got a shitty smell.

@OP,i think you should be feeling like shit like right about now,don't ever pour your heart out over a torrent site like that again.

@canadian_oak,you do know that you are just speeching right?
I highly recommend that you re-read the OP then your post again.
If you really want to give him advice on how to properly get into FSC,I think you should start by telling him how exactly you yourself got invited/brought in and don't forget to include why you felt the need to be brought in and if you were offered,the reasons why you didn't turn it down.

It isn't right to pretend you are not trolling him when you are not really telling him anything other than 'you have to have a THING that you need in FSC'.
Then the guy says what I think is his 'THING' and you go ahead and tell him his thing isn't really the 'THING'.You should tell him exactly what this 'THING' is.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.

@teh guys below ca,la' u dawgs know I do :cool:

And cabalo I aint stiff(what kinda nick is that :unsure: )

ca_aok
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I highly recommend that you re-read the OP then your post again.
If you really want to give him advice on how to properly get into FSC,I think you should start by telling him how exactly you yourself got invited/brought in and don't forget to include why you felt the need to be brought in and if you were offered,the reasons why you didn't turn it down.Upon reading the OP, my opinion doesn't change one bit. Half the people making FSC requests give little personal rants about themselves.

As for how I was brought in, I was offered an invitation by a friend of mine in IRC, coincidentally the guy who invited me to my first private tracker (we'd lost contact for at least a year). I didn't decline because I believed the hype and wanted to see what it was like for myself. My impression was given in my first post.

It isn't right to pretend you are not trolling him when you are not really telling him anything other than 'you have to have a THING that you need in FSC'.
Then the guy says what I think is his 'THING' and you go ahead and tell him his thing isn't really the 'THING'.You should tell him exactly what this 'THING' is.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.I'm not trolling him, and that's not even a direct attack on him, that's an attack on everyone who requests these trackers here with no idea what they're like. As for the "thing", if you have a desire to make yourself a facebook style profile on a site, for some reason want the share index system despite two ratioless 0-day sites of roughly the same rarity and similar style of community (since I assume this request is motivated by rarity), are motivated to start conversations in IRC, and have a desire to post in forums where many topics are in the "Rate your last seen movie" style that promote spam, not discussion, then yeah. And as for the DVD club, you'll find a much, much bigger selection of movies on a standard movie tracker. The clubs are mostly for sharing requested materials between friends (though there are notable exceptions). One of the things that surprised me most about the site upon joining were the security features regarding users and torrents (won't go into specifics here).

Everyone assumes because the review says the forums are the best in the BT world it's true... it's not. FSC and other "high level" 0-day sites appeal to people who are active and outgoing, i.e. have the drive to make new threads and start new IRC conversations when the room is dead. One of the reasons people always talk about how IRC activity is important for these invites is because that's one of the core things to do on the site, and the logic runs that if you're active enough elsewhere, you'll be active there.

So once again, it's a sleek site (great design) with funny, active staff members, mildly active forums and some unique user uploads to complement the standard 0-day fare. But at the end of the day if you're not in the very specific niche of users that wants to be there for a reason other than e-peen, you'd be better off with a site like SCT.

Edit: and ca doesn't stand for Canadian. That's merely a coincidence. And yes, I view your post as hostile.

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Wow - Wow - WOW - I to blame my little brother, for everything, i have done wrong in life. Poor kid.

- Thank god, he doesn't exist :D

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Upon reading the OP, my opinion doesn't change one bit. Half the people making FSC requests give little personal rants about themselves.

As for how I was brought in, I was offered an invitation by a friend of mine in IRC, coincidentally the guy who invited me to my first private tracker (we'd lost contact for at least a year). I didn't decline because I believed the hype and wanted to see what it was like for myself. My impression was given in my first post.

I probably know what you mean by 'THING' but lets just hear it from you,and I know this may read as hostile but trust me its not,just grilling for info.I'm not trolling him, and that's not even a direct attack on him, that's an attack on everyone who requests these trackers here with no idea what they're like. As for the "thing", if you have a desire to make yourself a facebook style profile on a site, for some reason want the share index system despite two ratioless 0-day sites of roughly the same rarity and similar style of community (since I assume this request is motivated by rarity), are motivated to start conversations in IRC, and have a desire to post in forums where many topics are in the "Rate your last seen movie" style that promote spam, not discussion, then yeah. And as for the DVD club, you'll find a much, much bigger selection of movies on a standard movie tracker. The clubs are mostly for sharing requested materials between friends (though there are notable exceptions). One of the things that surprised me most about the site upon joining were the security features regarding users and torrents (won't go into specifics here).

Everyone assumes because the review says the forums are the best in the BT world it's true... it's not. FSC and other "high level" 0-day sites appeal to people who are active and outgoing, i.e. have the drive to make new threads and start new IRC conversations when the room is dead. One of the reasons people always talk about how IRC activity is important for these invites is because that's one of the core things to do on the site, and the logic runs that if you're active enough elsewhere, you'll be active there.

So once again, it's a sleek site (great design) with funny, active staff members, mildly active forums and some unique user uploads to complement the standard 0-day fare. But at the end of the day if you're not in the very specific niche of users that wants to be there for a reason other than e-peen, you'd be better off with a site like SCT.

Edit: and ca doesn't stand for Canadian. That's merely a coincidence. And yes, I view your post as hostile.
am not on the site but i see what you are getting at

that said, what does e-peen have to do with SCT?

i'm not on either site but at the end of the day, i don't want them just for the "status" either (i have my own reasons why I feel I deserve to be on FSC for example...but this isn't my thread, nor is anyone offering me an invite so I won't bother with the details)

Totti
10-15-2009, 02:39 PM

Wow - Wow - WOW - I to blame my little brother, for everything, i have done wrong in life. Poor kid.

- Thank god, he doesn't exist :D

bad-day after going through alot of threads reading your posts i haven't seen one positive comment if you get joy by flaring go ahead but it only makes you seem very immature. As for what i said about my brother that is the truth i have no reason to lie about that after i have admitted to trading my pt account which i regret to this day......

cinephilia i am trying to pm you but your inbox is full..... please talk to me in private thx

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
dunno if u deserve getting in or not (it doesn't really matter from my perspective anyways)...but if cinephilia did indeed sent u an invite (and wasn't just mocking around which i think he might have been) then best of luck to you!

The_Martinator
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
The little brother argument is getting really old, really fast. Btw how old is your ''little brother''? 9?

Totti
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
no he is 19 no has to believe me.... I told the truth and no one can prove me right or wrong i still haven't heard of an internet jury hehe :)

ovisan
10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
@ovisan
The doe spread, the hustle hard
These bitches that remind me
Stay up on ma hussle hard
Cuz people love to see you fail
Hate to see you gettin green
Envy's got a shitty smell.

I got my battle rattle on geezer, show me wot you got.

Pmsl! you recon I m a lil' gangsta innit bruv?
The computer said NOOO!

Benjamin
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I consider FSC as a forum/irc with a 0-day tracker on the side. If you don't know anyone inside the site, why would you even want to join? I mean almost everyone who gets invited already has friends on the site.

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
wow, that hurt man, it really hurt, im not all that negative :D ( see, im smilling :D )

Seriously, i dunno if you should or not get in @ fsc, seriously, i dont give a fuck.

But, come on, admit it man, the brother excuse is very lame.

Oh, if you used to trade or not, that's not my problem, its the staff over there, who should look into that, i donīt give a fuck about that, also, and i never said you shouldnt get in. So don't accuse me off being negative.

Im not the one lying in here.

Ps: Good luck whit that.

The_Martinator
10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
no he is 19 no has to believe me.... I told the truth and no one can prove me right or wrong i still haven't heard of an internet jury hehe :)

Lol, internet jury. Did I say that my opinion matters? It really doesn't count for much.

You have to know that the brother excuse has been used before and it's almost impossible to be true, imo. Nothing is certain, though.

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Lol, internet jury. Did I say that my opinion matters? It really doesn't count for much.

You have to know that the brother excuse has been used before and it's almost impossible to be true, imo. Nothing is certain, though.

youre too modest.

sez
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Upon reading the OP, my opinion doesn't change one bit. Half the people making FSC requests give little personal rants about themselves.

well my bad if you felt my post was hostile(and my guess is because i assumed your nick meant canadian oak tree)

And apologies for not really reading your first post as well.It escaped me in the first place but upon re-reading it,its clear that you really don't find this 'sleek shiny' site to be as homely(confirmed by your second post).You joined with big expectations,it didn't live upto the hype and now you are either pissed or you just don't want people to make the same mistake as you did which is of course understandable.

I don't want to come across as being hostile again so allow me to imagine that am disagreeing with an academic.Logic demands that reasoning be assessed according to strict principles of validity and depending on the school of thought you subscribe to,logical validity is just but truth preservation.If truth is preserved from the premises to the conclusion of the argument then the argument is valid and sound,its invalid if the vice versa is the case.

Sound arguments are where soundness appeals to more than mere validity.We require more than logical connections between premises and conclusions for an argument to be sound.Soundness largely appeals to the truth of the matter.Therefore the conclusion of a sound argument is always true: This is not necessarily the case with valid arguments.

You might not see it but trust me,your argument is as vague as it can get.I'd be happy to shred it into pieces for the masses(me being hostile) starting with the obvious subjective tone but I think youse a cool kat and its no point to go down that road with you (me not being hostile).

Am infact sending you a friendquest ca :cool:

The_Martinator
10-15-2009, 08:22 PM

youre too modest.

:lol: Posts like that might get you in trouble here. Don't say I didn't warn ya when you start getting threthening PMs. :whistling

PS: Just kidding. Truth is my opinion might matter in some extreme circumstance. In no way would it be the most important, though.

Rart
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I have found a couple things that seem extremely suspicious and that any potential inviter should really be aware of:

1. You don't "remember" the last two FSC requests you made, and claimed that this is your first? And on the 2nd FSC request you made, you also claimed that it was the "first" FSC request you made, yet you had made one just 3 weeks previously. Are you planning to use the "first" FSC request excuse on every thread?

2. Honestly, people who use the "my little brother" excuse have no shame. That is the most stereotypical, overused excuse in the book. Do you really think we're that naive?

3. You claim you aren't a trader, but you do have a recent, purposely left blank rep from a trader, palincarul. Care to explain that?

The_Martinator
10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I have found a couple things that seem extremely suspicious and that any potential inviter should really be aware of:

1. You don't "remember" the last two FSC requests you made, and claimed that this is your first? And on the 2nd FSC request you made, you also claimed that it was the "first" FSC request you made, yet you had made one just 3 weeks previously. Are you planning to use the "first" FSC request excuse on every thread?

Tbh what I hate more is the phrase: This is my last req. Don't ever say that because you can't be sure. I can't say that I won't ever make a req thread again. why? Because I can't predict the future.

As for the number of reqs made, maybe the OP has a weak memory?

megabyteme
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Am infact sending you a friendquest ca :cool:

Curiosity got the best of me...had to look at your friends list. Thought it was very cool that ca aok was added to your list. :happy:

cinephilia
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
cinephilia i am trying to pm you but your inbox is full..... please talk to me in private thx
i cleared my inbox this morning before leaving home but my little bro logged into my fst account while i was at work - then he saw a pm from Bad-day and sent the invite to him! :(

Totti
10-15-2009, 09:47 PM
i guess that i won't be getting an invite but here it goes:

as to the "first request" yes i forgot because i was in the army and didn't have that much time to spend on bittorent
my brother did make the request and i have no way of proving that just as you don't have a way of disapproving it but i have confessed to trading a pt account why would a lie about revtt as for the rep point i don't really care about them and don't even remember how or why he gave it to me.......

i cleared my inbox this morning before leaving home but my little bro logged into my fst account while i was at work - then he saw a pm from Bad-day and sent the invite to him! :(
hardy har har har got your drift m8 it's ok if you don't believe me like i said in the opening post i am satisfied with the trackers i have and with the content they offer as for community fst is great hope i can proove you wrong and change yoyr general opinion about me

topic closed