PDA

View Full Version : FST Irc Channel

Totti
10-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Say i Was just wondering if fst actually has an irc channel????? I'm pretty sure there is no such thing and if so why not??(an irc channel could be really great how about opening one)

Never saw this subject debated before sorry if it has been (if there isn't an channel that his)

cap87
10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
That would surely be interesting :shifty:

And yeah, i think it's been debated before. ;)

FBI
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-everything-related-board-9/t-shoutboxirc-367827

Benjamin
10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Yea that would be cool, I kind of prefer IRC over forums because it's live chat.

Totti
10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
ok thx :) can an op lock the thread please....

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Ip hunters would enjoy it a lot :D

IdolEyes787
10-15-2009, 07:07 PM

For further discussion on the subject please connect to the FST irc channel.

abosamer
10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
why not to add a chat box to this forum ? better than irc I think

it's a suggestion though

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 07:53 PM
dude if there was a chatbox, there would be 50 responses by the time you could respond to even a single one lol

Totti
10-15-2009, 08:02 PM

For further discussion on the subject please connect to the FST irc channel.

irc.??????.net

#?????

KushBlow
10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
FST having an IRC channel is like a smoking hot girl being celibate. They both make you cry.

Cabalo
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
WOW...
IRC is just what this forum needs. :noes:
I spend a lot of my time in IRC :noes: chatting with my virtual life friends, it's a great way to make friends, and talk with them about life, instead going out and being social. :noes:
It would be soooo great to chat real time with some people here :noes:

Did I just say I love IRC ? :noes:

Hombre
10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
:lol: :lol: IRC sucks, deal with it !

Albo Da Kid
10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
:lol: :lol: IRC sucks, deal with it !
:lol: are you trying to mock jasperr with that phrase?

KushBlow
10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
WOW...
I spend a lot of my time in IRC :noes: chatting with my virtual life friends, it's a great way to make friends, and talk with them about life, instead going out and being social. :noes:

:yup:

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 10:35 PM
WOW...

What you, used to do in the irc, is up to you,......

Para dizer merda, estás cá tu, sem duvida. Parabens

Benjamin
10-15-2009, 10:39 PM
WOW...

Isn't that exactly what you do on forums? Except on IRC you get an instant response, it's a lot quicker and easier to communicate. Not everyone uses it to be social.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 10:41 PM
i personally love irc...used to spend longggggg hours on the bcg irc...too bad ever since i've moved back here, i haven't had the time at all (today being a much needed exception)

Bad-Day
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
WOW...

Isn't that exactly what you do on forums? Except on IRC you get an instant response, it's a lot quicker and easier to communicate. Not everyone uses it to be social.

Omg, you replied to him ?

btw, noo, he does not understand that, since , he used to be in the irc, 24/7 trying to hook whit po*** girls...

pone44
10-15-2009, 10:49 PM
That would be easy to moderate. :rolleyes:

Doubt that will ever happen.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
well i'm pretty sure there are sites bigger than FTN (in terms of userbase) who have irc...so i doubt that's the reason (if it is, then that's just silly)

pone44
10-15-2009, 11:00 PM
:huh: Who mentioned any tracker? Bigger than the site you mention? I am sure there are a lot of trackers with a lot more members! I still do not get your point?

well i'm pretty sure there are sites bigger than FTN (in terms of userbase) who have irc...so i doubt that's the reason (if it is, then that's just silly)

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 11:02 PM
well what i meant (based upon what I understood from your earlier post) is that if the reason why FTN don't have an irc is because it would be very tough to moderate then that's not really that big of a reason since other trackers manage irc (with bigger userbases) just fine

hope that makes more sense

cheers!

edit: oh nevermind...i think i get what you mean now

you probably mean there would be so many "external" users going to the irc looking for invites that it would be tough to handle for the staff

in that case, can't they just make the irc only for the existing members or something?

mind you, i'm not on FTN nor ever been on it so I don't really know much about the site but i'm just guessing this

pone44
10-15-2009, 11:54 PM
It would be a mess full of people with different nicks using proxies to insult each other, others to trade. It would be a headache and a half!

KushBlow
10-16-2009, 01:43 AM
well what i meant (based upon what I understood from your earlier post) is that if the reason why FTN don't have an irc is because it would be very tough to moderate then that's not really that big of a reason since other trackers manage irc (with bigger userbases) just fine

hope that makes more sense

cheers!

edit: oh nevermind...i think i get what you mean now

you probably mean there would be so many "external" users going to the irc looking for invites that it would be tough to handle for the staff

in that case, can't they just make the irc only for the existing members or something?

mind you, i'm not on FTN nor ever been on it so I don't really know much about the site but i'm just guessing this

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/Duck916/dude-wait-what.jpg

Rart
10-16-2009, 02:04 AM
I'd say more of your posts have images than not :lol:. How do you do it? Do you have a stash of nice images or literally google what you want to say? Teach me :P

And for those of you who never quite seem to gravitate out of the BT section, I had posted a thread about it a while back in the Related to the Board forum section. Here was tescos response, it would seem that it doesn't get used enough, although it has been tried before in the past:

We had it before but nobody used it. We tried it again and nobody used it.
People always request it but nobody ever uses it so there's no point.

And we did the shoutbox thing as well but that was also useless.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-everything-related-board-9/t-shoutboxirc-367827

gamesover
10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
a great comparison would be if 4chan had an irc channel. it would be a total madhouse

KushBlow
10-16-2009, 02:43 AM
I'd say more of your posts have images than not :lol:. How do you do it? Do you have a stash of nice images or literally google what you want to say? Teach me :P

It's the latter. And I usually whip them out for my self-indulgent humor. :)

a great comparison would be if 4chan had an irc channel. it would be a total madhouse

Yeah... except 4chan has millions of members posting daily.

Rart
10-16-2009, 02:49 AM
However, tesco had said that the reason fst doesn't have an IRC was a lack of usage, rather than too much.

sheriff 01
10-16-2009, 03:14 AM
I think it would be a good idea to implement the IRC once more. I wonder if tesco would agree? Lets give it one more chance tesco. You da man!!!:yay:

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 03:35 AM
@kushblow...yeah i'm a lost soul :P

@others...actually i kinda vote for having an irc as well...i'd love to get back into idling and just spending quality time on irc after such a long time...actually wait...i'm not on FTN so that doesn't work anyways...bummer

n00bz0r
10-16-2009, 04:07 AM
use fish, for encrypted chats regarding trades. :dry:

sez
10-16-2009, 05:15 AM
@kushblow...yeah i'm a lost soul :P

@others...actually i kinda vote for having an irc as well...i'd love to get back into idling and just spending quality time on irc after such a long time...actually wait...i'm not on FTN so that doesn't work anyways...bummer

I dunno if anybody noticed but this guy is in his own world :lol:

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 05:17 AM
i think i mentioned that earlier too lol

yeah it happens :P

p.s. the thing that no1 realizes though is how swiftly it allows me to increase my post count while making little to no sense at all...oops just gave away my secret :D

cap87
10-16-2009, 07:38 AM
WOW...

What you, used to do in the irc, is up to you,......

Para dizer merda, estás cá tu, sem duvida. Parabens

:lol: Ouch

Essa doeu! :lol::lol: