PDA

View Full Version : Another FSC Request

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Just saw the other thread and it was too tempting so decided to make one for myself as well

Now quite frankly I don't expect to get anywhere with this but at the very least, hopefully some of you fellas will dig my previous posts and offer me some decent advice in the process lol

Cheers!

p.s. if I'm indeed invited (as unlikely as that is)...then hey you won't hear me complaining either hehe

sheriff 01
10-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Just saw the other thread and it was too tempting so decided to make one for myself as well

Now quite frankly I don't expect to get anywhere with this but at the very least, hopefully some of you fellas will dig my previous posts and offer me some decent advice in the process lol

Cheers!

p.s. if I'm indeed invited (as unlikely as that is)...then hey you won't hear me complaining either hehe

I wish you luck. :)

cinephilia
10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Now quite frankly I don't expect to get anywhere with this
so why requesting it ?
as for myself, i wouldn't request a tracker if i know i have no chance to get in.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
i never said i have no chance...just i think its somewhat unlikely...and believe me, if someone requests anything here (and that too of a site like FSC)...their first thought would probably be that its unlikely it'll help...its just like doing something for the first time...you may think you can't do it...but it sure doesn't hurt to try eh? ;)

also i did post why i made this thread (read the digging part)

p.s. thanks sheriff! you been some help in the past mate!

cheers!

edit: @cinephilia you are right though...if it was indeed impossible, then this thread would be pointless...but i do think there's a chance (albeit a small one) so i figured it surely can't hurt to try...at best i won't get an invite...not like i have one now anyways :P

Hombre
10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
if ppl donated 10 cents each time they make FSC requests, servers for FST would be paid every month just with that money :yup:

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
c'mon dude...is FSC really the most requested site around here? i genuinely doubt that

I mean if people were "active" members of the forums on other sites then I can somewhat imagine why they'd want FSC but from a pure torrenting perspective...i really don't think FSC offers anything that the likes of TL, IPT, FTN, SCT, etc cannot offer

and yet I still want it...irony eh? (well not really...just means I know what I want and why I want, what I want...if you know what I mean)

Polarbear
10-15-2009, 11:32 PM
You shouldn't have mentioned or used your former staff position in combination with public invites requests to other sites.

People who know you would have known about it anyway. People who don't know you probably won't invite you.

I would rather invite someone who actually leeches from FSC by the way. The forums are active enough. What FSC needs is new members who download and use it as their primary source for warez.

Maybe someone from staff is willing to invite you, who knows.

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 03:12 AM
well i wasn't gonna mention it (not here anyways) but i just copy-pasted that stuff from the other site where its well known that i'm ex-staff (without paying too much consideration to what i wrote...my bad on that)

that said, its really not that big of a deal...stoi knows i'm here and he's got no qualms with it...neither do the rest of the fellas as building credibility and looking for invites is probably the second best option to knowing people who are already on the site (which i obviously don't)

also I can't comment on what I will leech from FSC because quite frankly I have no idea what FSC offers...but if the site does indeed offer some genuine content then I see no reason why I can't make it my primary tracker for downloading stuff

for most stuff, i have exclusive trackers anyways (such as blackcats for games, DT for desi stuff and so on) so if FSC does indeed offer something sleek, that's a pretty bonus i'd say

oh and i forgot to mention but i do appreciate your help even though as you clearly stated you won't be the one inviting me (that's fair play too)...i already stated (for the most part) why i would love to join the site and why i think i can contribute well to the site so the rest really is upto you and others who have invites to decide if i'm deemed worthy enough to get in or not

cheers!

Cabalo
10-16-2009, 03:14 AM
Honestly, your request is one of those very few that actually have a good perspective on it.
I liked your perspective on some points you mentioned, and there wasn't any bullshit.
It was one, if not the best, FSC requests I've seen in years around.

Wish you the best, hopefully this thread won't go unnoticed by the good people that drive that bus. ;)

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 03:18 AM
wow i'm duly surprised lol...from what i've seen/read, you seem to be the person who most people expect to bash tracker requests (like this one) so getting a positive response from you...well that's worth a lot i'm certain!

thanks again for your support mate...if nothing else, that's one good thing this thread has already offered to me!

cheers!

Cabalo
10-16-2009, 03:47 AM
If you had read all the FSC or insert another sought after tracker here requests I've read, your levels of patience to read bullshit would have also long ago hit all-time low records.

I don't bash requests because I like to, I just don't like dishonest requests, and those are the majority around here. Something like 95%.
I've got disabled from a tracker for being a nice guy and helping another guy out of nothing, turns out he was some kind of scammer/trader/seller, i never really got to know exactly. So believing in people's honesty is not much of a predicate.

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 03:58 AM
well i def. understand where you are coming from mate...thankfully i haven't faced the same scenario yet (touchwood!) so i can still go along with my chilled out and relaxed mood (i have much stress in real life anyways)

i have read some of the threads here though...most are a bit of a joke in all truth...what surprises me most is you guys actually have the patience and the wittiness to come up with fancy responses each time one of these pops up lol

n00bz0r
10-16-2009, 04:16 AM
following the pack? :idunno:

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 04:18 AM
following the pack? :idunno:
i have absolutely no idea what you mean by that mate

cheers anyways!

p.s. btw not sure if you mean this, but yeah you are right in the sense that I only made this request after I saw the other one...because quite honestly, I didn't think I would stand a chance of getting anywhere with this (as i earlier stated)...thankfully, I have gotten somewhere with this...and if nothing else, am fairly satisfied with the responses i've received so far

sez
10-16-2009, 05:05 AM
And his paypal account screenshot to show that he can donate,trackers need money ;)
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8185/paypal2.jpg

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 05:09 AM
lol you almost had me there for a minute :P

and i was wondering when did i get all that munnyyyyy :D

bloody hell though, if I had that money, I could just pay off for a year's tuition fee (int'l student so its expensiveeeee)...oh and ofcourse donate some cash too :P

oh and indeed I checked my paypal account to confirm...sure enough I can still only see the zeroes...if only paypal had a massive glitch and there turned out to be a 9 in front of those zeroes

alas i can always dream :lol:

The_Martinator
10-16-2009, 08:03 AM
While you seem a good guy, I'd like to add my observations.

I've gone through your post history here and it seems you almost never wander out of the filesharing sections here. I'd recommend the Movie/TV section, btw. FSC is still a tracker first and a community second, but you did mention that you wouldn't be a very active leecher and would hang around the forums more (if I understood you correctly).

You being an ex BCG mod tells me that you like games. --> there is a games section here...

I'm not saying BCG doesn't have forums (or other trackers for that matter), but since you're requesting the invite here, you should make some effort to be known in the community that is FST also (I don't recommend the Lounge, though, lol). IMO

Good luck!

Bad-Day
10-16-2009, 11:19 AM
You shouldn't have mentioned or used your former staff position in combination with public invites requests to other sites.

People who know you would have known about it anyway. People who don't know you probably won't invite you.

I would rather invite someone who actually leeches from FSC by the way. The forums are active enough. What FSC needs is new members who download and use it as their primary source for warez.

Maybe someone from staff is willing to invite you, who knows.

Exactly, polar bear, has hit the target.

Goodluck Dude :)

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
good point mate...its true that i don't spend nearly enough time on fst...and although admittedly this weekend is an exception (i'm going out of station) i will be certain to be more active from the upcoming monday!

not a big tv fan though so that's really not for me...i can def. see myself enjoying the games, movies, music or sports section though

also sorry if i'm not clear but i didn't mean that i simply will not use the tracker on fsc...rather what i meant is that i'm somewhat unsure what fsc offers as a tracker and hence why i can't say if i will be using the tracker (without actually seeing or learning about its content)

cheers!

@bad-day...same comment as i said earlier...thanks for the wishes mate!

Cabalo
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
well i def. understand where you are coming from mate...thankfully i haven't faced the same scenario yet (touchwood!) so i can still go along with my chilled out and relaxed mood (i have much stress in real life anyways)

i have read some of the threads here though...most are a bit of a joke in all truth...what surprises me most is you guys actually have the patience and the wittiness to come up with fancy responses each time one of these pops up lol
Unfortunately, not everyone is like you and understands the whole idea behind the concept, and mixes that patience and wittiness for buggering and bad will.
If you once got to be a mod means you know what I'm trying to say, it also means you've read your very fair part of bullshit, maybe not here, but comes with the job.

And believe me, if this thread turns out to be the exception to the rule, and becomes a success, soon, very soon, there will be plenty of copycats using the same arguments. Just hang around more often and you'll see this phenomenon.

kooltilldend
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
yeah i can understand what you mean...and i have indeed seen a good part of that scenario by myself...but hey hopefully this thread becomes successful and more genuine people will come here hoping for a better response too...i'm sure in such scenarios, these trackers would welcome new members who imo deserve to be on the sites

anyways i'm in a bit of a rush so i'll take my leave now...very nice talking with yall and for your support...i'll be back on monday/ sunday night when hopefully i'll have more interesting discussions to go through

thanks again for your wishes everyone!

cheers!

The_Martinator
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
good point mate...its true that i don't spend nearly enough time on fst...and although admittedly this weekend is an exception (i'm going out of station) i will be certain to be more active from the upcoming monday!

not a big tv fan though so that's really not for me...i can def. see myself enjoying the games, movies, music or sports section though

also sorry if i'm not clear but i didn't mean that i simply will not use the tracker on fsc...rather what i meant is that i'm somewhat unsure what fsc offers as a tracker and hence why i can't say if i will be using the tracker (without actually seeing or learning about its content)

cheers!

I know you didn't mean you won't be using the tracker.I think that you understand that on the content's side FSC doesn't differentiate much from your averag 0day tracker. :happy:

KushBlow
10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I love how these REQs always get so many replies, it brings the community together :01:.

Anyway, good luck. I'm just gonna add my opinion and say that if I was staff (for example!) I'd see no reason not to invite you, but I'd also see no reason to invite you. It's basically like "Hey, I'm a guy here and I'm requesting FSC. I like so and so and was so and so. Ok bye". You see what I'm saying? I would bring that swagger, that 'it' to make staff wanna say, "Wow this guy is really the shit. Invite sent."

If you came in and said "I'm Jake! I have 2 freaking sphinx cats, an awesome UPS job, a wife that gives me Playboys instead of sex, and I know the whole Packers roster including substitutes from 1989-2010! I watch Heroes and I wish Hiro would get decapitated by Sylar. My last seen movie was Land of the Lost and Will Ferrell killed that role. The dinosaurs hahahaahah. I also ran over a cop once on a 4-night binge drinking spree!", not only would it entertain me and possibly other viewers, but it would have that so-called swagger.

megabyteme
10-16-2009, 09:11 PM
If you came in and said "I'm Jake! I have 2 freaking sphinx cats, an awesome UPS job, a wife that gives me Playboys instead of sex, and I know the whole Packers roster including substitutes from 1989-2010! I watch Heroes and I wish Hiro would get decapitated by Sylar. My last seen movie was Land of the Lost and Will Ferrell killed that role. The dinosaurs hahahaahah. I also ran over a cop once on a 4-night binge drinking spree!", not only would it entertain me and possibly other viewers, but it would have that so-called swagger.

Nice swagger, KushBlow! :yup:

sheriff 01
10-17-2009, 03:14 AM
You would be surprised how far a swagger will get you in IRL as well. I have been swaggering my whole life and im now on top of the world looking down at you all. :glagpinch::glagpinch::bleh:

Rart
10-17-2009, 04:05 AM
I think the other people in the thread have covered the aspects of the thread quite well.

I just have point I'd like to ask about - whats with all the recent FSC requests? Judging from these requests the majority of the requesters don't know much, if at all about the site. So why are they requesting FSC, rather than some other random high level community tracker like FTWR, UKT, FTN, ect. ect... Is there something I'm missing here about FSC? Or is simply "following the pack" like noobz0r said, with all the previous FSC requests?

deadcore
10-17-2009, 05:37 AM
whats this fsc that you are referring too? some kind of sports league or something?

ok i just googled it and it said and i quote " no invites will be handed out till kooltilldend stops asking for an invite!"

that sucks dude. thought you were gonna get in for sure

Benjamin
10-17-2009, 08:29 AM
This guy also posted a thread on HDBits basically requesting FSC, I'm sure the staff appreciate the attention you're bringing on them. Didn't you also admit to being a collector?

kooltilldend
10-17-2009, 09:45 AM
well i said i won't be active over the weekend but i got some free time so sure why not...lemme try and respond to each comment here...its a bit like a job interview but that's cool lol (helps me practice for real life too :P)

@the_martinator...yeah from what I gathered...you are right...and that's perfectly fine with me too since like i said, the content isn't why i wanna go there anyways

@kushblow..lol dude i only wish i was that "exotic" so to speak :P...i'm somewhat like this (actually i'm a lot like this) irl too so if that sounds pretty boring...well that's me for you then

also if there's no reason not to invite me...then that's good right? as for a reason to actually invite me...well i'll let the staff decide that ;)

p.s. i do agree that Sylar should kill Hiro...but tbh they r both pretty darn annoying lol

@Rart...well i've only seen 2 "recent" fsc requests here (mine and the other one)...i already mentioned why i posted this one...so if there were any before that too (and i mean recently) then i def. did not know about them

as for not knowing much about the site...well i already stated what i already know...to find anything else, i would actually have to be on the site now, wouldn't I? ;)

also of the 3 u mentioned - i.e. FTWR, UKT, FTN...i'll be honest, I would love to be on FTN as well because I feel the site could actually be useful for me...but for UK-T and FTWR...naah i don't need neither and nor will I request either anytime soon - oh and if you are indeed wondering then no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)

@deadcore...well google hates me it seems lol...sure wish google is lying though :P

@Benjamin...yeah I'm on HDBits and I did request "info" on FSC there (I didn't "actually" request FSC...I just wanted to gather more info about the site...so that comments like how Rart said that I know little about FSC are no longer true)...also I never said I am a collector...that was actually a comment made by one of the members there (a typical sarcastic comment)...that said, one of the other guys there also made a rightful comment that I am not currently using HDBits as well as I should be (and I agreed with him)...I also specified why though - its because I'm currently broke, do not have a HDTV nor a laptop which can play HD content (or has the space to d/l the massive content)...so until that happens, I'm unable to use the site properly and in some ways am "collecting" the tracker (if you know what I mean)...that's not to say, I don't need the tracker (i'm already planning to buy a new cpu in a couple of weeks or so)...I'm merely waiting for the right moment...because believe me if I didn't...I would've stopped using the tracker a long time ago

also i didn't realize I was bringing FSC more attention by asking to gather some info about it (i did not request an invite there - requesting invites is already banned on HDBits) - because if that's not how one gathers info then I'm not really sure what else I am supposed to do

hope that makes more sense...if the above makes me any less likely to be on FSC then that's that really and not much I can do about it - I do know that I'm pretty clear about what I am doing and have absolutely no interest in "collecting" trackers in the wrong sense of the word (i.e. collecting for pride, show-off or w/e else it may be)

cheers!

brightsid
10-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm not a possible inviter but although there is nothing wrong with requesting in general you've been away for 10 months and suddenly you made ~100 posts in 3 days and you are more active than you ever been.
Too much from my point of view

jars
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not a possible inviter but although there is nothing wrong with requesting in general you've been away for 10 months and suddenly you made ~100 posts in 3 days and you are more active than you ever been.
Too much from my point of viewFood for thought. FSC would rather have a user with 2000 posts on a computer forum and 2000 on a child care forum than someone with 4000 on a filesharing one.

kooltilldend
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Too much from my point of view
yeah your point is 100% valid imo too...actually I mentioned why I was inactive all this time (been in a bit of a mess irl - still not out of it but things are definitely better)

also as to why i madethis request...well I mentioned that too - my request came directly from seeing another request and like I said earlier, I didn't really expect this to get me into the site - but apparently it has!

yup, I'm in the site now and am absolutely loving it!...can't thank the person who got me in enough (you know who you are)...while my sincerest thanks also go to the people who also offered me an invite and for those who wished me luck...for that matter, I can only thank those who questioned me asking for an invite and being worth it (truth be told, a number of the questions put up were very realistic)

so yeah thanks a lot to everyone and my best wishes to those who are still looking to get in (assuming yall are worthy of getting in)

cheers!

that's all folks!

see you next time :happy: