PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the PSPGo?

mr. nails
10-17-2009, 12:40 AM
tbh, i think it was a good idea, but it fails in trying to do so.

list of changes/differences:

1. smaller screen
2. new memory stick requirements
3. no UMD support
4. changed usb connection
5. costs roughly 50% more than a psp3000
6. same battery life from the psp3000
7. internal battery/no longer change out batteries
8. psn sucks outside japan

i recently bought my psp and purchased the 3k model. did not see the reason to get a digital download model atm. sure, DD might become standard, but not for @ least 3 more years imo. by that time a new model will be released.

any1 get a Go and happy about it? mad about it?

Callmehank
10-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Eh, I have got a pre-release one a few months back from a friend. It was okay. I just feels weird; kind of like you don't have a good grip. but the size is nice and the future fact that you won't have to carry discs..... Even though my old one is cracked ;)

IMO, I am just going to wait a few years or so until they release something new. I feel like it is the Nintendo DSI to the DS

mr. nails
10-17-2009, 01:04 AM
IMO, I am just going to wait a few years or so until they release something new. I feel like it is the Nintendo DSI to the DS

yeah, i also think this. actually, the dsi is a better upgrade from the ds than the pspgo was to the psp3k.

uTCueAOf2Hg

R10Ronaldinho
10-18-2009, 08:15 AM
i dont like it
i love my psp2000

kooltilldend
10-18-2009, 08:26 PM
pspgo is a joke...why would anyone in their right minds pay that much money on what is hardly an upgrade (it is infact technically a downgrade)...besides if you have an older psp...then the new one is a pspnogo as far as i'm concerned

kasuser
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
pspgo is a joke...why would anyone in their right minds pay that much money on what is hardly an upgrade (it is infact technically a downgrade)...besides if you have an older psp...then the new one is a pspnogo as far as i'm concerned

i dont get the appeal of these small consoles - why not just get a decent phone and carry one device?

mr. nails
10-19-2009, 06:07 PM

i dont get the appeal of these small consoles - why not just get a decent phone and carry one device?
what do phones have to do with a portable console? the psp & iphone are 2 completely different things.

kooltilldend
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM

i hope you are not comparing iphone (or any other phone) to a psp and/or a ds...the games on phones are absolutely rubbish...and no matter how popular the iphone becomes...for me, it will never replace a video game console

microsoftmouse
11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
ehhh the whole idea of not having physical media is not appealing to me..

blazer22
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I think consumers have spoken on the PSPGO...completely dismal sales numbers.

Sony missed the mark here.

dette
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
i dont like it
i love my psp2000
I like my PSP 2K also. I dont see a need for a new PSP because I dont even play it enough to justify buying a new one.. Not even the 3K.. Which IMO isnt a worth while upgrade to spend the money on.. Neither is the PSPGo (for ME).

what do phones have to do with a portable console? the psp & iphone are 2 completely different things.

Yes definitely, absolutely different. I own the iPhone 3GS as well.. Not even in the same category haha

category6
12-12-2009, 11:31 AM
pspgo is stupid product

why the fuck i would buy a psp that slide i hate it

PerMaFrOsT
12-22-2009, 03:05 AM
I think is a shit! I prefer the old version of the PSP like 2000 or 3000.

Zihuatanejo
12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
PSPGo isn't a good succesor for the old PSP. I don't understand sony why they don't just upgrade the old one.

mr. nails
12-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't understand sony why they don't just upgrade the old one.

i completely understand why they didn't "upgrade" the 3k series. digital distribution is the way of the future, but the way they implemented it with the pspgo was all but wrong. the idea was good, but they failed to give us a worth while product. the psn is the 1st place to notice this.

dette
12-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree.. I am completely happy with my PSP 1K and 2K :D