PDA

View Full Version : Narnia

Jimmyboy666
10-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Does anybody have The cartoon movie of Narnia? If so! Cant you rip it and share it! I would be the happyest person in the whole world! :rolleyes:

ahctlucabbuS
10-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Donīt have it. How about the tv show? That brings back childhood memories.

Jimmyboy666
10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Sorry! But I have to say that the tv show stink if you compare it to the cartoon! :rolleyes: ;)

Jay
10-08-2003, 05:08 AM
what's narnia

uNz[i]
10-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Jay@8 October 2003 - 14:38
what's narnia
Classic childrens fantasy adventure series originally published in book form... it's very good if you like that sort of thing.

First book was called The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

Edit: Typo

Alex H
10-08-2003, 08:31 AM
The TV series was MUCH better. Are any of those floating around on the fasttrack network?

ezyryder
10-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Jay@8 October 2003 - 05:08
what's narnia
The book was written by a "friend" of Tolken. They wrote lord of the rings and narnia at the same time, swapped ideas helped each other arround a bit. Tolken fell out with Lewis and was annoyed his book sold far more.

chalice
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Apparently there is a movie in production of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
It's due to be shot in New Zealand and has a reported budget of $170 Million.

C.S. Lewis was a genius on a par with Tolkein imo and if it's done right this should be an amazing film.

There's also talk of all of The Chronicles of Narnia being filmed.

RedRival
10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
oh oh oh.

you be better of reading the books, you lazy bastard :lol: :lol: :lol:

chalice
10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Incidentally, WETA, the same company that did the effects for The Lord of the Rings has been signed for the movie.

Alex H
10-10-2003, 05:52 AM
Filming the Cronicals of Narnia...WOW, now THAT would be an effort. I hope the production qualities are as good as the LOTR films.

And on C.S. Lewis, he was at Oxford with Tolkien and they were both members of a group called The Inklings (haha, writers - ink, get it?). I can't remember who else was in the group, but there were about 12 of them who turned up to read their stories and poems aloud. They influenced each other's work a lot, and both Lewis and Tolkien wished that England had the kind of rich folklore and myths that other countries, like Norway or Germany did (which is why many of the 12 languages that Tolkien created are based on Scandanavian).
Narnia (the begining of the saga) and The Hobbit came out around the same time, and Narnia was actually more successful, but as the audience grew up wanting more fantasy type books, Tolkien ended up writing to a mch older audience about more serious subjects (The Hobbit is an adventure into far off lands, whereas The Lord of the Rings is really about the eternal struggle between good and evil - not the sort of thing you could really give to a little kid). So because there are more adults than children in the world, LOTR sold better.

Thats my little rant...

OH! Who else thinks that a film version of The Hobbit in the same series as the LOTR films would be cool? I know the've finnished filming LOTR but it would be a mad prequal.

Smooch
10-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Justsomeguy@8 October 2003 - 06:46
First book was called The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

Edit: Typo
What a classic book it was too.

Harsan the lion :wub:

Alex H
10-13-2003, 06:50 AM
The Lion's name was Aslan.

Jay
10-13-2003, 09:04 AM
sounds nice, might consider downloadin it

sharon_uk
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
I loved the tv show. I had all the episodes on video, then my dad taped over of the silver chair episodes :o I can't wait for the movie!