PDA

View Full Version : No Audio After Avi To Mpeg Convertion

stir
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Hope someone can help.Im trying to produce a vcd to play on external player. I converted an avi movie file to mpeg using tmpgenc plus 2.5 , the picture is fine but it has no audio.I can split the mpeg to fit on 2 vcds and burn with nero with no problem but just need some sound before i try again.Should i try a different program to convert to mpeg or is there a solution on tmpgenc options? Look forward to hearing from someone.

fr600
10-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Check the option properly or its better to try sth else..

m8t
10-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by stir@8 October 2003 - 13:19
Hope someone can help.Im trying to produce a vcd to play on external player. I converted an avi movie file to mpeg using tmpgenc plus 2.5  , the picture is fine but it has no audio.I can split the mpeg to fit on 2 vcds and burn with nero with no problem but just need some sound before i try again.Should i try a different program to convert to mpeg or is there a solution on tmpgenc options? Look forward to hearing from someone.
:blink:
hi there !
seeing that your burning with Nero, why don't you just drop the AVI into Nero
and encode to vcd/svcd with mpeg 2 plugin.
the audio will definitely be there once finished.
regards
m8t :huh:

mam
10-09-2003, 02:17 PM
ha the same problem - in the video source you need to place the avi file but in the audio source you should place a wav file - need to extract the audio from avi with different softwear (see Doom 9) and use the new file in audio source

Gre1
10-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Just extract the audio using virtualdub by going file>open video file then audio>full processing mode then file>save wav. Once done then get a program named Headache (make sure u get all plugins) then load the .wav set the destination to .mp2 and then set it to the quality u want by cliking options twice then let that go then finally u get a program named bbmpeg then u go to start encoding load your vs stream (that's the .m1v or m2v file) then the as stream 1 (the .mp2 u just made) then go to program and set it to whatever u made .m1v is VCD and .mp2 is SVCD then once done with that hit start. and when that finishes u will have a .mpg.
Also, next time use Tmpgenc to encode and put it on System (Audio+Video)