PDA

View Full Version : what happened to UK-T

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

apextwin146
10-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah i forgot it had a bunch of internal encoders which made the content there one of a kind :dry:
Wrong. It'd be nice if posts like yours could be moderated.

I've added some of you whom I recognized based on username and/or avatar. You'll be helped shortly.

If there is anybody I missed, feel free to PM me and I'll take care of you if I remember who you were. :)

As far as the site coming back, it's almost certainly not coming back.
Moderated? Seriously? When one of the Users itself clarified what happened to the tracker still it stretches to 12 Pages and you say my post should be moderated? I dont care who you are but this is a bloddy public forum .. There is no invite required for this and other crap that Users like you propogate .. So kindly take that High Handed shit elsewhere where they give a crap !!!.. Dont dictate what should/nt be done here

Reekk
10-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh yeah i forgot it had a bunch of internal encoders which made the content there one of a kind :dry:

I've added some of you whom I recognized based on username and/or avatar. You'll be helped shortly.

If there is anybody I missed, feel free to PM me and I'll take care of you if I remember who you were. :)

Too bad you have to be a member for 30 days (or something?) before you can pm. I doubt you would remember me anyway :( I guess there was a good reason for shutting down the site, and I hope all the staff (and everyone else) will be ok :)

Talkaboutfiles
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM

It would be nice if i could pm people:unsure:

Do you have a email i can contact you with?

With in the email i will state my un and avatar used on the site.

Disme
10-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Please enlighten me as to what you will be sorely missing?

Appreciation of a tracker is a very personal thing. It's not because you are searching some things in particular in a tracker (like those packs you mention), that others are looking for the same thing.

That's what is always been the reasoning here ... this or that tracker is 'bad' because people expect to much from it. I see nothing wrong with people who are part of a tracker for 4 years and got attached to it. They prolly made a lot of friends and were loyal seeders.

The problem lies within the fact the perseption of people outside of UK-T is entirely different than the perseption people within UK-T (except for the level-hunters off course).

I notice a lot of people that are stranded because they never cared for any other tracker or were in no way affected by any kind of 'tracker-hype' that has been the result of their selected recruitment.

That hype was created by the people willing ot get in, not by the actual members.

weegee
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Moderated? Seriously? When one of the Users itself clarified what happened to the tracker still it stretches to 12 Pages and you say my post should be moderated? I dont care who you are but this is a bloddy public forum .. There is no invite required for this and other crap that Users like you propogate .. So kindly take that High Handed shit elsewhere where they give a crap !!!.. Dont dictate what should/nt be done here

its not high handed shit and you are in the minority, people do give a shit..

when a long established site goes down regardless if they were in it or not,the changes affect us all and you need to understand that but you wont because all your doing right now is thinking of a way to diss this comment and that is what made ukt differnt.

it was respect for other users and cyber hardmen were not tolerated.

pretend
10-28-2009, 09:24 AM
That's what is always been the reasoning here ... this or that tracker is 'bad' because people expect to much from it. I see nothing wrong with people who are part of a tracker for 4 years and got attached to it. They prolly made a lot of friends and were loyal seeders.

The problem lies within the fact the perseption of people outside of UK-T is entirely different than the perseption people within UK-T (except for the level-hunters off course).

qft. I dislike that point of view, when tracker is proclaimed 'overrated' simply because some idiots spend months or years searching, and then it just looks 'not worthy', no one asked them to.

OMFGBBQADV8
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
IMHO,a lot of the membership had known each other from various other places before hand, so we are looking at a small group of people who had been keeping the original COMMUNITY aspect of the torrent world going whilst other sites around the world were failing on keeping community & were more into what they as individuals could get from the site.

What people here miss is the ability to talk openly & freely about anything & everything without havning to deal with Trolls, people with over inflated egos, there were no 'self important'people, all members were equal, all would help their fellow members in any & every way thay they could.

It had a feeling of family, true friendships were made over time & anybody who was welcomed into the membership instantly felt as is they could also post freely without being jumped on, mocked, abused.

You see, nowadays most forums thrive on their trolls, thanks to having great staffing & a great membership trolling & other such time wasting abuse had been eradicated a long long time ago.

Perhaps this is why some people posting in this thread are finding it hard to deal with the more acidic tongued posters.

For a majority of the membership the forums came first & foremost.

Until you have been a member of such a site where respect is shown, knowledge is shared & you knew as much about your fellow members as you did your own RL family members... well until you have experienced such a community it would indeed be hard to understand the grief that a majority feel, the feeling of weirdness when we see out & out trolling going on, when we see people posting here who have no clue as to what was behind the closed doors, who are posting speculative comments about a very close knit community of friends that they have no idea about & getting it oh so wrong....

Well, I am trying to keep it short as usual but alas how can somebody try to explain fully without having their words read out of context.. well you end up having to write slightly more than the other person right?

End of the day, the site is missed by all that were members, those who have no clue (& boy are there a good number posting in this thread) just make us feel homesick for the place we called home, the place that was void of all this trash talking, mean spirited claptrap being grabbed out of thin air.

I miss the site as much as those here who are posting here that were true members.
There are a few people posting in this thread that within the first 5 words prove themselves to be 'wannabe ex-members'...
I suppose that just shows how great the site was, even when gone people still fabricate about having been a member.

<3 moi... };-)>

We will find a place to have our movie discussion club, our fun games and other items that made us such a unique community...

Bad-Day
10-28-2009, 09:55 AM
I notice a lot of people that are stranded because they never cared for any other tracker or were in no way affected by any kind of 'tracker-hype' that has been the result of their selected recruitment.

That hype was created by the people willing ot get in, not by the actual members.

Exactly the same thing, that happen, on Fl recently. Amazing members.

apextwin146
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Please enlighten me as to what you will be sorely missing?

Appreciation of a tracker is a very personal thing. It's not because you are searching some things in particular in a tracker (like those packs you mention), that others are looking for the same thing.

I dont think so i mentioned packs anywhere in my post . Its not that i am against appreciation for a tracker or any other such thing ..
My point is that if indeed it was a good community and u made friends n all then cant that community survive without the tracker ... Does End of a tracker mean End of the community? If No then stop this BS which has stretched 26 pages .. I mean there were other trackers as well that have closed which operated within the same time frame .. Threads dealing with those were not even 4 pages long ...
Anyways my question is
Does End of a tracker mean End of the community associated with it?

pretend
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Anyways my question is

Does mean for one and doesn't for another one. If some place was one-stop point of particular community for years, any attempt to recover it at different place after dismiss will trow out part of members. And probably these guys are rather contributing, but will skip it.
But any attempt does worth another part.

Ags
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
The way things were done, yes... to a degree. There was a sense of anonymity, however a deep feeling of loyalty that brought people together there. For most, it wasn't just a tracker, but a place to commune (like many other forums about). If you were to close any forum down that had members lasting 4yrs or so, there definitely is a big void left. There will always be something else to give the time to, but doesn't mean its the same or that it will capture the atmosphere of a golden time passed.

sez
10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

lol you are joking right?I mean you don't really mean to say that you are inviting them on another tracker based on nickname and avatar recognition,are you?lmfao :lol:

I'd instantanuosly disable your invite privileges if that's the kind of recruitment you've been doing :P,even demonoid wouldn't allow that lol.
Seriously,am i like the only who sees how badly this whole thing is being handled?
I mean lets be honest here.

That's like the 10th time i've seen a contradictory statement from him and others.Are you guys even in touch?

TrollinThunder
10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
sbRom1Rz8OA

CigarMan
10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
That's like the 10th time i've seen a contradictory statement from him and others.Are you guys even in touch?

That's a good question....just what IS going on ?

Anyone ? :frusty:

apathyps
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
we're all sorta in limbo right now. just waiting for some official word. squizzle posted a couple pages back saying he'd announce something shortly.

there are definitely some real members in this thread whose avatars i recognize. i was a lurker mostly though, but a lurker who can prove he was a member all the same. anyone who was a member there should be able to prove that they were one way or another.

we just have to wait and see what really is going on, or find out what happened at the very least.

checkin this thread daily...

Something Else
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd advise you all not to take much of what is posted seriously. squizzle is the only one i've seen posting that can actually say anything with any certainty.

LubTheStaringCat
10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
So Wheelmods Is gone for good, Pity... It's sad to see any tracker go down, but that Is the way with things.
Nothong lasts forever.

I can see the point of It being a great community, coming together talking, making new friends.
Over a long period people get accustomed to things of It's like, but change happens. But as fast as Wheelmods went down It would have put my head Into a spin, known It was the only tracker I'd ever been on.

But as I already said, before It got edited...If most of the exwheelies didn't have the foresight to look beyond Wheelmods, then that's your problem.
Just a query tho: Of all the exwheelies who signed up for FST In the last few days, why didn't you look or signup for a few other trackers at least, I see the point of community, coming together.
Or Is It just the case no one foreseen this coming.

There Is umpteen trackers out there for exwheelies, some with a couple of torrents others with hundreds of thousands. The BitTorrent Sites Open for Signup thread, It's what that's there for.

CigarMan
10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Yep....knowing what happened would be a start.

I can only think of 3 reasons to close a successful site;
1) It was forcibly shut down by an agency
2) It became too dangerous to leave it open (security compromised)
3) It wasn't funding itself anymore

The first is scary, the second is hopefully temporary and the third is fixable too.

I can see some opinions are "stop crying....move on....it's only a tracker".
You will never see an opinion like that from anyone who was actually a member and you'll never fully appreciate why unless you were a member.

One small example....how many trackers have you ever seen where there was permanent free leech and the ratio system was practically gone because the userbase was just that good at sharing ?

If you could describe your torrenting utopia....without even knowing you would be describing uk-t.

ztx651
10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
mean you don't really mean to say that you are inviting them on another tracker based on nickname and avatar recognition,are you?

Consider that you had to be a member to be able to recognise the usernames and avatars of the displaced members in the first place.

:P,even demonoid wouldn't allow that lol.

Actually it would, the invite system on Demonoid is intended for use in a different way, it is simply to lessen the drain on resources that open registration takes.

apextwin146
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Anyways my question is

Does mean for one and doesn't for another one. If some place was one-stop point of particular community for years, any attempt to recover it at different place after dismiss will trow out part of members. And probably these guys are rather contributing, but will skip it.

I will pretend that i understood what you said ..

The way things were done, yes... to a degree. There was a sense of anonymity, however a deep feeling of loyalty that brought people together there. For most, it wasn't just a tracker, but a place to commune (like many other forums about). If you were to close any forum down that had members lasting 4yrs or so, there definitely is a big void left. There will always be something else to give the time to, but doesn't mean its the same or that it will capture the atmosphere of a golden time passed.
If its just about a forum and community then y cant anyone just create a god damn forum and give access to all the emo community members .. this way the community that you guys have been used to for 4 fucking glorious years will be saved rite?
People who actually are apart of community dont let it die off just because thier favourite meeting place isnt there anymore .. you can still use Gtalk,MSN etc for communicating with them if you really want to .. So please stop with all those RIP messages and will i get invited to FSC posts

ztx651
10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
If it annoys you so much you could just ignore this thread right? As this is where most ex-wheelies posts are confined or would that be far too easy?

MG-
10-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Gutted that its gone as i had been a member for over 4 years and was the first torrent place i used.

pretend
10-28-2009, 01:02 PM
i will pretend that i understood what you said ..
:o :o :o

apextwin146
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
If it annoys you so much you could just ignore this thread right? As this is where most ex-wheelies posts are confined or would that be far too easy?
Oh so now its ok for UK-T members to gather here and talk about the tracker since its dead .. No need for secrecy now brothers ... What happened to all the bullshit like "Please dont talk about this tracker in public forums" ?
That just shows what a bunch of community driven folks you peeps responding in this thread really are ... If it were that all even the majority of the members in this tracker were community driven there would have been no need of a thread like this ..
Its the glaring hypocrisy thats annoying me ..

CigarMan
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo"
HG Wells

LubTheStaringCat
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh so now its ok for UK-T members to gather here and talk about the tracker since its dead .. No need for secrecy now brothers ... What happened to all the bullshit like "Please dont talk about this tracker in public forums" ?
That just shows what a bunch of community driven folks you peeps responding in this thread really are ... If it were that all even the majority of the members in this tracker were community driven there would have been no need of a thread like this ..

I don't like any of the Hypocritical BS any more than you do, of the ultra uber secret sites.
But all the exwheelies are mainly confined to this thread, but like said: If it annoys you so much then just ignore this thread.

The_Martinator
10-28-2009, 01:29 PM

The site was taken down without prior warning. Info could be obtained at the IRC channel in the few days after it. You could be invited to another sought after place by showing up in the channel. The channel info was publicised. The channel was taken down. Some people at the site didn't use IRC but were active forumers (I can relate to that, btw).

You make out the rest. It is actually as simple as that. :yup:

Reg
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Well, this is an incredibly sad day for me. Just stumbled on this thread, tough to realize that UKT is gone for good.

I joined up back when EliteTorrents went down, private invite from the castaway forums they had on PornBits for the months after the raid. Never really had a need for any other tracker once I was in. Had a few RL friends who begged me to get them invites for years, sad to see that, right after we were given them, the site went down.

If anyone knows of a place where ex-wheelers are gathering, please let me know. I can validate my membership via PayPal receipts... bought too damn many Christmas raffle tickets, still couldn't win anything. :(

And to any staffers who might be reading - thanks for everything! Especially for putting up with my weekly requests of obscure soundtracks.

sez
10-28-2009, 01:55 PM

click on the little guy next to the pirate flag under my nick,i'll fill you in on msn,you actually have a reason to microwave your hard drives,no shit.

Muzy
10-28-2009, 03:12 PM

:yup:

Gutted that its gone as i had been a member for over 4 years and was the first torrent place i used.

Don't worry m8, just wait for squizzle's announcement.

Talkaboutfiles
10-28-2009, 03:23 PM
we're all sorta in limbo right now. just waiting for some official word. squizzle posted a couple pages back saying he'd announce something shortly.

there are definitely some real members in this thread whose avatars i recognize. i was a lurker mostly though, but a lurker who can prove he was a member all the same. anyone who was a member there should be able to prove that they were one way or another.

we just have to wait and see what really is going on, or find out what happened at the very least.

checkin this thread daily...

I'm about the same status as you but i have a couple screen shots
of my account for irc info purposes and helpful info regarding the site with my un and ratio so that's a little proof or membership:)

click on the little guy next to the pirate flag under my nick,i'll fill you in on msn,you actually have a reason to microwave your hard drives,no shit.

seriously Now that's a scary statement:O

JVJ
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM

Just to bump Ein's post for anyone who may have missed it as there are nearly 30 pages here. Add him to your friends list.

Oh and DV8, great post as always, did you get my e-mail the other day??

always4lora
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Sad day indeed, totally gutted, i have checked a few days and just hopped it was glitch. Hopefully it'll be like the old site when that when down and get put somewhere with the same guys:)
If most of the old guy's find a new home let me know:)

Cheers Ben

hogninja
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
eagerly awaiting some information about the fate of uk-t like everyone else. well if its gone,it had a good run. A big thanks to the community, I'm still seeding cuz I know your coming back:lol:

this site is very cool also glad i stumbled upon it

Atops
10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Last year I participated in the Footy league, and I still have 24 old wheelies on my friends list.

Find my profile, tops31, there if you participated too.

TrollinThunder
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Do you folks really call "rims" "wheel mods" ?

Frankthetank1
10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
The takedown appears voluntary, and people should stop worrying about it and get on with their lives.

Smoker1984
10-28-2009, 06:19 PM

I can't PM here either, but if I can contact you some other way I'll give you my info about my UK-t membership.
/yodae

Smoker1984
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Edit Doublepost

IntrepidVixen
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
hey always4lora, do you still have my email from our slavehack days?

Andyvalver
10-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey boys and girls. I've added Ein2015 to my friends.

Is there not another forum we can join so we can pm? Lol

"why so serious"

weegee
10-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey boys and girls. I've added Ein2015 to my friends.

Is there not another forum we can join so we can pm? Lol

"why so serious"

:D "why so serious" funny the things you miss when you dont see them everyday :D

always4lora
10-28-2009, 08:09 PM

nope:( checked for closed.in but thats no longer the forums site.

Andyvalver
10-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah weegee, funny the things you miss. I hope there is some official kind of word on things.

NiKRuLeZ
10-28-2009, 08:21 PM
GRR!!! Gonna miss UK-T...I was also a member of there for 4 years. Hope this site comes back online!

KushBlow
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
When is enough, enough?

IntrepidVixen
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM

nope:( checked for closed.in but thats no longer the forums site.
heh drop me a line
I set up a temporary addy which I won't use again after today.

always4lora
10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Messaged you now:)

NippleCake
10-28-2009, 09:28 PM
When is enough, enough?

shutup and let these displaced users talk to each other.

Talkaboutfiles
10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
When is enough, enough?

Thank you for the kind words matey:)

LubTheStaringCat
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
When is enough, enough?

Agreed "KushBlow"go fall of a cliff.
And just let them be.

IntrepidVixen
10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
check your emails always4lora....i haz been trying to sort things.

Fishy2
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
H all !! :D
Yet another displaced Wheeler! Gonna miss that site. :cry: Will add those of you I recocnise as friends, and lets wait as instructed for further contact! :unsure:

Team America
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
TheBox.bz is 100x better for UK tv shows. But of course, UK-T was soooo much cooler because it was sooo much harder to get into. :rolleyes:

CigarMan
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM
lol.....just because it was called uk-t doesn't mean it was just UK TV shows.

waeldiab
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM
TheBox.bz is 100x better for UK tv shows. But of course, UK-T was soooo much cooler because it was sooo much harder to get into. :rolleyes:

NOOb

maddog
10-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Bring back my baby. been member for 3-4 years now.... had just hit the 2TB upload!!!! fingers crossed it will be back

pffm
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM

this would give a nice signature :yup:

shlonx
10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi all. Its good to see some old faces from wheels. Hope we all meet again soon on our beloved site or its new home.

whitebread
10-29-2009, 12:22 AM
WOW! Absolutely heart broken! Anyone who recognizes me or my avy, feel free to add me to your contacts. I'd hate to lose contact with all the fine folks I met!

Talkaboutfiles
10-29-2009, 01:43 AM
almost feels like wheels with all these familiar nicks and avatars.

Team America
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM

NOOb

my bad, i should have spent more than 5 minutes on that tracker before realizing it was a piece of shit and trading it away for FTN.

Once again, my bad.

That1Guy
10-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Don't judge fst by that guy all u lost new guys, but do realize that guys like that are definitely here. ;).

and i was gonna edit this to use "guys" less but im faded and dont want to :P

pro267
10-29-2009, 03:09 AM
If you have any substantiated information that might clear up the situation for the (ex-)members of the site, and, as you've repeatedly hinted, is crucial to their personal security, why don't you just share it here where everyone can see it?

That is if you actually have anything worthwhile saying (which quite frankly, I'm beginning to seriously doubt at this stage).

Rart
10-29-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm not a part of UKT so I may not fully understand the circumstances but honestly, if I were looking for answers I would just sit tight and wait. Squizzle has already stated not to trust outside sources and that sez is "talking out his ass" (I think it's pretty obvious he's joking...), and that he would provide information soon. Theres no point in trying to garner information from unreliable sources that may be doing nothing more than trying to steal information from you.

LubTheStaringCat
10-29-2009, 03:50 AM
If you have any substantiated information that might clear up the situation for the (ex-)members of the site, and, as you've repeatedly hinted, is crucial to their personal security, why don't you just share it here where everyone can see it?

That is if you actually have anything worthwhile saying (which quite frankly, I'm beginning to seriously doubt at this stage).

Hey pro267, I'll give you one guess who this poem by Jessy Randall may refer to?

Jessy Randall

One Day, The Ass-Talker Stopped Talking Out of His Ass

His mother said, My darling, I can hardly believe it. His father
said, What? What did you say? His sister said It's only temporary. His
brother said Could you repeat that? And so the ass-talker apologized
again. I was wrong, he said. I was only guessing. I never really knew
the answer.

That1Guy
10-29-2009, 03:50 AM
I dont think sez is talking out of his ass, I heard the same thing as he did from his "source" (or the source of his source). But I have also heard some things that makes me really think it's BS.

The fact that the site doesnt have a big message telling you it was shut down is a good thing.. Be patient in time im sure some details will come out.

rag011
10-29-2009, 03:54 AM
He, since everyone and his dog from wheelmods is over here I'll add my 2 cents and Hi! to all.

Suprised at the haters out there for Uk-T (and others - Jeez "the box.bz" is a very good site of its type)
guess that "community thing" doesn't go over for everyone.

Since many were there from the start 4 years+ and knew others from Elite torrents before what 18months and before that it was ?Phoenix Torrents or something then its OK to be sad...

FST look like a good place too tho, anyway flame on....

Zaxx
10-29-2009, 04:51 AM
...before that it was ?Phoenix Torrents or something then its OK to be sad...

I'll never get over Phoenix-Torrents...I was staff there when admin voluntarily closed the doors on 188,000 users. It was a few days after Suprnova got taken down and the torrent world was still very much on edge to say the least. PT was the last genuine forum based p2p (Invision PB I think) + tracker that I can recall...you remember...each release was a separate thread with all kinds of deets and screenshots, TY's, and with actual discussions about the rls, the a/v quality, opinions and all sorts.
The way P2P used to be....:sadwalk:

(/me sighs remembering the good ol dayz...:mushy:)

FreakinWeasel
10-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Well I certainly haven't been here in years. Forgot I even had an account here until I tried to sign back up. I did find this discussion of uk-t useful . At least I know something happened and someone just didn't trip over the server plug...:)

Chief_Garbonzo
10-29-2009, 06:38 AM
I just ate 2 tacos! :smile2:

TheFoX
10-29-2009, 06:59 AM
PT was the last genuine forum based p2p (Invision PB I think) + tracker that I can recall...you remember...each release was a separate thread with all kinds of deets and screenshots, TY's, and with actual discussions about the rls, the a/v quality, opinions and all sorts.

Hawkies World was the last forum based tracker I was on. All they really did was to embed the torrent link into a forum post, whereas more modern trackers have a custom browse page for all torrent links.

darki
10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I believe UK-T is still around and just change URL.
well, they wrote a topic on UK-T that everyone should spam in FST that UK-T is gone and miss them...(my opinion).

In this thread are many members with 1post and this are "EX" UK-T members..seems a little bit strange.

honestly I can't understand why so many people miss a tracker. they miss only the community.....

I hope I am true otherwise if UK-T is gone maybe the most traders will be normal again. :happy:

Mister Moo
10-29-2009, 07:20 AM
well, they wrote a topic on UK-T that everyone should spam in FST that UK-T is gone and miss them...(my opinion).

In this thread are many members with 1post and this are "EX" UK-T members..seems a little bit strange.

honestly I can't understand why so many people miss a tracker. they miss only the community.....

I hope I am true otherwise if UK-T is gone maybe the most traders will be normal again. :happy:

Wrong, UK-T is gone, the real moo himself even said it was gone.

Zaxx
10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
PT was the last genuine forum based p2p (Invision PB I think) + tracker that I can recall...you remember...each release was a separate thread with all kinds of deets and screenshots, TY's, and with actual discussions about the rls, the a/v quality, opinions and all sorts.

Hawkies World was the last forum based tracker I was on. All they really did was to embed the torrent link into a forum post, whereas more modern trackers have a custom browse page for all torrent links.

Yup...thats back when kvcd recodes were popular. Code9 was the resident kvcd group at PT...they started acting up thinking they were something more until we told em to leave. Then we started our own house kvcd team that I was on while modding.
And before all that, the PT lineage can be traced back to Digital Update (DU). ;)

pretend
10-29-2009, 08:37 AM

I have seen few nice forum-based trackers, with rather high activity (and surprisingly no threads like 'rate that ass', only smart discussions). The one I seen (but unfortunately couldn't be a member for specific reasons) was few years old, having more than 5000 members, it's activity leaves most of community-based trackers aside. And google won't say a word on it's name :pinch:

I guess they are either hiding very good, or just not being so popular.

awaited
10-29-2009, 08:59 AM
lets c what comes out of uk-t, as oink--> what+waffles, two great trackers.

shlonx
10-29-2009, 09:08 AM

dude u r a paranoid :frusty:

sez
10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Your site isn't online coz of these guys.
http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/

Three months ago I wouldn't have had any issues with letting you all in on the rest but I think time,bans and experience eventually changes people.
Being a newswire is good(information is power after all,aint it?) but in some circles,its highly frowned upon and I wouldn't be suprised if that's the reason why ein2005 is refusing to talk.
BT has its owners if you didn't know and I just don't want this to turn into another djgrr all over again.

Am done with enemies,friends make the world go round :lol:

pone44
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Money also unfortunately is what makes the world go round and people get out of bed in the morning. Root of all evil type thing :idunno:

Am done with enemies,friends make the world go round :lol:

Ev0
10-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Hawkies World was the last forum based tracker I was on.

I was staff on there :) my first proper torrent site I registered on back in 2003 after finding it through a site called lickmytaint. Those were the days lol

Yup...thats back when kvcd recodes were popular. Code9 was the resident kvcd group at PT...they started acting up thinking they were something more until we told em to leave. Then we started our own house kvcd team that I was on while modding.
And before all that, the PT lineage can be traced back to Digital Update (DU). ;)

Ahhh Digital Update and Code9, it was Code9 who inspired me to take up encoding away back then and start up TUS :P who remembers the tit for tat fighting between HW,DU and PT. I got banned from PT just because I was staff on HW. Ahhhhhh the memories lol

Andyvalver
10-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Anymore news yet guys? Iv had to find an alterative for now where they dont have freeleech lol :-(

NippleCake
10-29-2009, 12:27 PM

I will pretend that i understood what you said ..

If its just about a forum and community then y cant anyone just create a god damn forum and give access to all the emo community members .. this way the community that you guys have been used to for 4 fucking glorious years will be saved rite?
People who actually are apart of community dont let it die off just because thier favourite meeting place isnt there anymore .. you can still use Gtalk,MSN etc for communicating with them if you really want to .. So please stop with all those RIP messages and will i get invited to FSC posts

You sir, are a douche. You think the feeling and spirit of UKT can just be cloned to any other site? you are throughly mistaken. This site was made up of a good portion of users who never went through the "levels" and the "epenis" and the "l33tness", there were people who were only on ukt, and had been, for a good 4 years. What i dont think you understand is how many people there were IRL friends with other users. They werent just people that went into a forum and played "<insert spam topic here>" no, they actually had a forum that was filled with fun yet discussions that were actually interesting. The site had people on there so experienced and it was a joy to read their experiences and learn from them.

What really annoys me is when some closed-minded tool such as yourself who cannot see other people's points of view, assumes anything, without any foundation, evidence, or firsthand experience at all. I suggest you stop being such an incosiderate and quite frankly rude and bitchy person and let these people remember what the site was. And of course people are staying in contact with each other, and no, its not just through FSC, so, once again, that is another matter concerned where you have no idea what you are talking about.

Good Day

Andyvalver
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
i will pretend that i understood what you said ..

the way things were done, yes... To a degree. There was a sense of anonymity, however a deep feeling of loyalty that brought people together there. For most, it wasn't just a tracker, but a place to commune (like many other forums about). If you were to close any forum down that had members lasting 4yrs or so, there definitely is a big void left. There will always be something else to give the time to, but doesn't mean its the same or that it will capture the atmosphere of a golden time passed.
if its just about a forum and community then y cant anyone just create a god damn forum and give access to all the emo community members .. This way the community that you guys have been used to for 4 fucking glorious years will be saved rite?
People who actually are apart of community dont let it die off just because thier favourite meeting place isnt there anymore .. You can still use gtalk,msn etc for communicating with them if you really want to .. So please stop with all those rip messages and will i get invited to fsc posts

you sir, are a douche. You think the feeling and spirit of ukt can just be cloned to any other site? You are throughly mistaken. This site was made up of a good portion of users who never went through the "levels" and the "epenis" and the "l33tness", there were people who were only on ukt, and had been, for a good 4 years. What i dont think you understand is how many people there were irl friends with other users. They werent just people that went into a forum and played "<insert spam topic here>" no, they actually had a forum that was filled with fun yet discussions that were actually interesting. The site had people on there so experienced and it was a joy to read their experiences and learn from them.

What really annoys me is when some closed-minded tool such as yourself who cannot see other people's points of view, assumes anything, without any foundation, evidence, or firsthand experience at all. i suggest you stop being such an incosiderate and quite frankly rude and bitchy person and let these people remember what the site was. And of course people are staying in contact with each other, and no, its not just through fsc, so, once again, that is another matter concerned where you have no idea what you are talking about.

good day

+1 :p

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
bang bang boom!

sorry mate, ain't nobody arguing with that...you are as right as they get...and i wasn't even a uk-t member

my condolences to all of you who lost such a unique tracker...i can already think of a few where i'd feel the same way (infact there's one which i've been a member of since 04 - it doesn't offer me the same feeling as what yall probably got at uk-t but I do get the gist of how yall are feeling atm)

good luck with getting it all back :)

Atops
10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Thank you NippleCake. I've been reading your posts in this thread all week, and you have been saying what I wanted (tried) to say every time.

Cheers!

NippleCake
10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you NippleCake. I've been reading your posts in this thread all week, and you have been saying what I wanted (tried) to say every time.

Cheers!

I'm just sick of these arrogant individuals who think they know more than others and force their opinion on others when really they have no basis for their arguements.

CigarMan
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
:clap:

QPD
10-29-2009, 02:58 PM
life goes on...

lehaans
10-29-2009, 03:01 PM
well i rarely post in this section of fst , just come here for lulz.

feel sry for members of uk T, though i was not member there, but i can relate to what you guys are going through.

for others you can never understand what it feels to be a part of community , it is not just a tracker, it becomes your 2nd home. iam or rather was a active member of such a community plus tracker since 04 , after such long time it is just not place from where you download stuff, it is place where you have seen fellow members go through school to collage and getting married:P where there is not just x mas thread or a new years eve thread but you get text messages or even calls also from round the world;)

half the retards posting stupid things here were trying for last 2 years to get in there , but for members it is not that 'high level' thingy , they were or are just cut off from the rest off he BT world cause it is just not needed you always had your home site and some ppl just won't ever understand it.

my advice to UK T members set up private forum for members only , it is not that tough so you guys can gather at one place till things bounce back.

all the best

Andyvalver
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
my advice to UK T members set up private forum for members only , it is not that tough so you guys can gather at one place till things bounce back.

all the best

Thats what i said earlier on in this thread. All us ex wheelmod members should join or create our own forum somehow. Im not good at that kind of stuff. Not being able to send pm's on here is making it difficult to communicate and get this sort of thing sorted.

TP635
10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular posters and trolls here are more polite about UKt situation. Had this been other less known tracker, this thread would have been swamped with even worst posts.

shlonx
10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm just sick of these arrogant individuals who think they know more than others and force their opinion on others when really they have no basis for their arguements.

:clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:
you r so right!

steelsnail
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
x wheelmods also ,please add me as friend

MG-
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
x wheelmods also ,please add me as friend

Done. :)

4pirates
10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
uk-t is secret (personally I respect to that), so why users or maintanace at there, get in to this topic and chit chat. There must be some other forum for only uk-t members. Even If it does not exist you can build up a free one and invite who you want to there. Thats organizing. It maybe gone doesnt change the fact that this uk-t members needs proper care. All I am saying is once there was a community and maybe some of you counted that community as family. Whatever the end result is why dont you handle this topic more professionally. As a start you could have dropped a mail to all uk-t users (I mean all not some) and tell them. Do not talk about it at other forums, and never write anything elsewhere, even it gets on your nerves. Something is missing in this picture. Since most users are clueless of whats going on is showing us that they lost shepherd of their herd. The audience here is purely public. If this topic is here ofcourse all ppl will write it or voyeur it. All this is not helping to that trackers secrecy.

LubTheStaringCat
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
What wrong with exwheelies being members of FST, after all this Is a forum. Well last time I looked anyways.
I hope they stick around, It's gave FST a little something that's been missing for sometime.
It's hard to put Into words, but life

Andyvalver
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I've mentioned that mate but as said before. It's hard to communicate when we can't pm on here yet. Also, I'm sure people don't want to put their email on the forum.

I hope someone does sort a forum out for us lot, someone who know more about it.

Bana
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
you can also add me. I also used to be a member of wheelmods

FunkyMonk
10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't really get why members of UK-T should think of themselves as something special.

shlonx
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't really get why members of UK-T should think of themselves as something special.

who said that we are something special?????? read the whole thread, no one with wheels said so.
we are just a small bunch of people who had a long good run together and miss the site.
have been there for many years and it was always my fav site cause it was small dynamic and friendly.

btw. add me too.:w00t:

weegee
10-29-2009, 06:32 PM

were not special, what we just lost was special and your comment confirms that you are yet to experience that.

sez
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I've mentioned that mate but as said before. It's hard to communicate when we can't pm on here yet. Also, I'm sure people don't want to put their email on the forum.

I hope someone does sort a forum out for us lot, someone who know more about it.

Well there is a reason why the whole site is gone.If it was ok to congregate and chat,you would have at least had the forums and the various irc channels online for that.This is bigger than one person and I think its for the good of all that you guys focus your attention on other things other than the site.You had bad people in your midst and in all likelihood they'll just migrate with you to whatever site/forum somebody decides to start(and they may even be the ones to launch it)

I think that fsc has done a very honorable thing to take some of you in despite the risks involved and at least imo,its something that you guys should be very grateful of.

I know moving on is hard but I think accepting that what's done is done is probably one of the wisest decision anyone could make at such an instance otherwise you are bound to start making alot of silly mistakes.

P.S
You guys are awesome and I really do mean that.

pretend
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Some posters here were trying to join uk-t for so long with no luck :pinch: They just go crazy after seeing so much wheelmoders in one thread on public forum. Relax :happy:

deanb
10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
+1 for the ex-wheels here. I really liked it and been there since it started \:
also lost my lamborghini avatar |: wait no I didn't...

Funkin'
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM

The samething happened when OiNK went down. A bunch of us migrated to a memorial forum to complain, reminisce, or whatever. It's the samething that the wheel members are doing. Their beloved tracker went down and they miss it. It's a little frustrating when the one tracker you invested a lot of time in, made friends at, etc, goes down.

I don't see any harm in letting them have a thread(at a filesharing forum) so they can gather with each other and post whatever they need.

Reg
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
The amount of jealousy in this thread is astounding. Are people really that jaded from not getting an invite to a website over the years?

MarshyTheKid
10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I was a wheelmodder for 4-5 years(I actually can't remember. :p) Sad to see it go. I'm anxiously waiting for legit confirmed news. I didn't post much. And I lost my av! Which with a cartoon robot in BSDM getup. :p
I was also on OiNK too.

123oldman
10-29-2009, 07:13 PM

It's defo NOT about being this "something special" member crap which is thought of by some.
Mealy not having the "home" to return to,communicate like we've been able to for numerous yrs through the site in question.
Like others have quoted,when you've not had the need to visit other site's,then your vision of the "scene" is close to non existent.

Is that a bad thing?,or could you consider it being lucky enough to be involved on a site which catered for most things required?

If my sole reason for being there was using the tracker,without doubt I'd have been a member of many more various trackers rather than the one we're discussing.
Many members never used the tracker, only the forums.. This is why the sites missed so much.

What I will say, Being here is opening my eyes to the so called "scene", some of it I'm enjoying,other's not so..

Everyone has their right of thought,it's an open forum after all.

Team America
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
LOL at this entire thread. UK-t is not gone.

maddog
10-29-2009, 07:33 PM
hiya how do i send PM's on this site????

C-mos
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I dont think you should talk anymore about it , suckers

waeldiab
10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
NOOb

my bad, i should have spent more than 5 minutes on that tracker before realizing it was a piece of shit and trading it away for FTN.

Once again, my bad.

and my bad,to see some post like this about UK-t

Atops
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
The amount of jealousy in this thread is astounding. Are people really that jaded from not getting an invite to a website over the years?

There is another jealousy, an unspoken one. This is the jealousy of the old wheelies that did not get picked up in the first round of wherever everyone went.
Active and Known members of the site were extended invitations and the majority have left this thread. Those few invitees that remain show that they truly don't care about the politics behind the invitations. Thank you guys!
BUT, Those ex-wheelies that didn't get picked up are now just dangling in the breeze without a new home just hoping to get noticed. Sure they can join an open starter tracker, and many have/will, but this will be nothing but a disappointment to the years of service they are used to. These people are jealous and hurt because even though they didn't make a recognizable forum post every day, or chat actively in the IRC, they feel they were just as much a part of U*T as anyone else.

We understand every tracker's need to protect itself, but 99.9% of those left behind know that they are not a threat and wonder why they are thought of as such.

What I will say, Being here is opening my eyes to the so called "scene", some of it I'm enjoying,other's not so..

My eyes are open now too, but I don't like any of it. I wish I could go back to my tiny little bubble of ignorance. :(

Boswell
10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Don't think you can until you have been member for 30 days!!

teoman
10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
fredster wrote:

The site closing down suddenly, without a courtesy or explanation to all it's members is not done out of lack of consideration.
The suddeness and lack of online activity by the staff members is a necessity.
I am sure in your love and appreciation for the site, you would want those members to be and would be understanding if they needed to go offline/dissapear for a while.
The fact that site is down, may in fact be a good thing for all it's members, does anybody consider this?

A little understanding please.
Suddenly people are offended by the lack of information they are receiving, dont be so egocentric people and dont be so forgetful that these same staff members have kept the site going for the last 4and a half years for all it's members, after having been closed once in the past and a hefty fine being issued. A fine that was not publicised nor were the members asked to help pay the costs.

use a little comon sense, the people who brought the site to you for the last few years suddenly disapear without a trace - maybe you should be
sympathetic and not impatient for news. We are all sad the site has gone, but who is suffering the most for it?

I am not part of the guessing and rumours and am telling you all, it will all come out in time, right now is not the time, it will become clear why the need for secrecy later - but for now just allow it to be quiet and use your energy for hoping the staff who are not available now - are alright! Instead of thinking you are hard done by, in time you may feel your concerns are minor and wish you hadnt publicy complained.
sort it out!
thanks

LubTheStaringCat
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-everything-related-board-9/

Search In Everything Related to the Board section, there has been a few threads asked about It.

maddog
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
old uk-t crew PM me if your all heading off somewhere pretty

Cant PM for 30 days take me with you, long live our wheelmods!!!!

Never going to be the same!

ztx651
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't think you can until you have been member for 30 days!!

What ex-wheelies can do in the absence of PM's is allow others to "Send message via email to *You*", the setting should be in your profile somewhere. Your email address will only be show to the recipient of the message.

makaveli69
10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
<--- also an old skool ex wheelie who went on vacation for a bit, got sick for a bit, and just plain neglected his computer for a bit :P who came back and thought it was just down, but after a few days began to wonder wtf is going on and couldnt remember the irc details to get the info

where u at squizz?! lol

videodoctor
10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
A very sad day indeed.Pm me anybody who wants to chat:yup:

That1Guy
10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
You cant send or receive pm's for 30 days on this site. I know this seems crazy, but believe it or not it isnt without reason. Although in this situation it kinda sucks.

wanker
10-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Will have to just wait it out and hope those that need support, are able to get it!

Hopefully the outcome will be positive for those at the top of the totem pole

NippleCake
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
so what if this site down ...this site was cloesd anyway ..so whom care :D

this is the end for cloesd community =]

whom care? sorry im not sure if this whole topic was lost in translation to you but pretty much everyone from uk-t cares! just because poor little arabtorrent couldnt get in that site was obviously trash right? closed communitys are just silly as well, because lets face it, building up a great bunch of friends over 4/5 years like some of these guys did is so lame when you could just trade or get BT rep from doing Giveaways :rolleyes:

LOL at this entire thread. UK-t is not gone.

im speechless. Are you really this special? I'm sorry for being such an idiot and listening to what staff have to say, in future whatever they say i shall ignore for your logical arguement supported with solid evidence! god squizzle listen to this guy you could learn so much from him!

waeldiab
10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
so what if this site down ...this site was cloesd anyway ..so whom care :d

this is the end for cloesd community =]

whom care? Sorry im not sure if this whole topic was lost in translation to you but pretty much everyone from uk-t cares! Just because poor little arabtorrent couldnt get in that site was obviously trash right? Closed communitys are just silly as well, because lets face it, building up a great bunch of friends over 4/5 years like some of these guys did is so lame when you could just trade or get bt rep from doing giveaways :rolleyes:

+1

CigarMan
10-29-2009, 10:43 PM
fredster wrote:

The site closing down suddenly, without a courtesy or explanation to all it's members is not done out of lack of consideration.
The suddeness and lack of online activity by the staff members is a necessity.
I am sure in your love and appreciation for the site, you would want those members to be and would be understanding if they needed to go offline/dissapear for a while.
The fact that site is down, may in fact be a good thing for all it's members, does anybody consider this?

A little understanding please.
Suddenly people are offended by the lack of information they are receiving, dont be so egocentric people and dont be so forgetful that these same staff members have kept the site going for the last 4and a half years for all it's members, after having been closed once in the past and a hefty fine being issued. A fine that was not publicised nor were the members asked to help pay the costs.

use a little comon sense, the people who brought the site to you for the last few years suddenly disapear without a trace - maybe you should be
sympathetic and not impatient for news. We are all sad the site has gone, but who is suffering the most for it?

I am not part of the guessing and rumours and am telling you all, it will all come out in time, right now is not the time, it will become clear why the need for secrecy later - but for now just allow it to be quiet and use your energy for hoping the staff who are not available now - are alright! Instead of thinking you are hard done by, in time you may feel your concerns are minor and wish you hadnt publicy complained.
sort it out!
thanks

Where did that come from ?
I didn't see fredster in here posting ?

Detale
10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
oops

That1Guy
10-29-2009, 11:07 PM
One thing you new members may want to do is set your profile to accept emails. I think it is done by:

Clicking on the user cp button in the top left of the screen
Then select "ecit options"
then about halfway down the page there is an option to "Receive Email from Other Members". after you have checked that, I think others can click on your name and they will have an option to email you.

Then at least you guys can contact each other. I cant guarantee you wont get ppl you dont know emailing you though :P

I think it works that way at least....

waeldiab
10-29-2009, 11:18 PM
One thing you new members may want to do is set your profile to accept emails. I think it is done by:

then about halfway down the page there is an option to "Receive Email from Other Members". after you have checked that, I think others can click on your name and they will have an option to email you.

Then at least you guys can contact each other. I cant guarantee you wont get ppl you dont know emailing you though :P

Good job m8 ;)

Albo Da Kid
10-29-2009, 11:54 PM
All you "old" members that keep bragging about how many friend you made In U-kt and how close you guys were were...Where are your friends now? How come your dearest friend Squizzle left you in the dirt without pointing you in the right direction??

Who knows for what reasons U-kt went down. What if they're in the verge of being caught and will have to give up every information they have. We are going to see then how much you "miss" Ukt and how long it will take for your "dear" friends to give your name and IP addresses up.

If I was in charge of a tight community and I had to close the site, I would inform my "dearest friends" first and help them instructions on which sites they could go to next.
I'd certainly not leave them like a fish without water.

P.s. Personally I believe that all you guys might be marked by the authorities at this point, and I'm afraid that any community that takes you in, is going to open problems for themselves.

DMT
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey guys.

Seems to be lots of dodgy info on this thread

I can't PM so if Squizzle or any other Ukt member could mail me and fill me in with what's happening that would be great!

Cheers! :)

Rart
10-30-2009, 12:12 AM
All you "old" members that keep bragging about how many friend you made In U-kt and how close you guys were were...Where are your friends now? How come your dearest friend Squizzle left you in the dirt without pointing you in the right direction??

Who knows for what reasons U-kt went down. What if they're in the verge of being caught and will have to give up every information they have. We are going to see then how much you "miss" Ukt and how long it will take for your "dear" friends to give your name and IP addresses up.

If I was in charge of a tight community and I had to close the site, I would inform my "dearest friends" first and help them instructions on which sites they could go to next.

P.s. Personally I believe that all you guys might be marked by the authorities at this point, and I'm afraid that any community that takes you in, is going to open problems for themselves.

:dabs:

Thanks for constantly starting the oh so imminent flame wars on this forum albo da kid. I can always count on you to make this forum into a worse place for the rest of us.

Honestly, why do you always feel the need to dramatize everything in this forum into the worst possible tone in order to establish the most drama within the forum? Is it simply against your nature to productively add to a conversation without pissing off someone else in the process?

UKT, from what I gather, is a rather small and closed community. There is no need for authorities to attempt to bust such an insignificant site in the grand scheme of things. Why waste their time with UKT when they could be using their time far more productively trying to destroy sites such as TL or demonoid, or the other massive number of public trackers? Whether originating from the staff or the users, I feel like these kinds of rumors are unnecessary. Take it for what you will, but I severely doubt that the authorities would ever devote so much time to take down a tiny dot in the world of p2p.

Albo Da Kid
10-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm being honest when I say when my intentions were not to troll.. Simply, I feel sympathy with the way these members were/are being treated.
4 years of faithfulness and trust, and this is what they get in return by their beloved site?

pro267
10-30-2009, 12:30 AM
@Rart:
While the circumstances that led to the death of the site remain vague at this time, I would be careful making such assumptions (one way or the other) at this stage. Remember the previous incarnation of the same site did peak the interest of law enforcement agencies, and was taken down at the time.

@Albo:
Most of us have no idea what the real situation is. Blaming the staff for things and circumstances you're not fluent in is irresponsible at best. For once in your life, stop doing what you keep doing, which is making unsubstantiated assumptions and building complete theories on top of them.

Benjamin
10-30-2009, 01:00 AM
A member of UK-T was caught selling DVDs and named UK-T as his source. I'm not guessing, this is directly from staff.

shlonx
10-30-2009, 01:05 AM
btw. how can i resize my avatar so the bear wil dance again???
<--

Talkaboutfiles
10-30-2009, 01:07 AM
old uk-t crew PM me if your all heading off somewhere pretty

Cant PM for 30 days take me with you, long live our wheelmods!!!!

Never going to be the same!

Take me to:(

Albo Da Kid
10-30-2009, 01:16 AM
@Albo:
Most of us have no idea what the real situation is. Blaming the staff for things and circumstances you're not fluent in is irresponsible at best. For once in your life, stop doing what you keep doing, which is making unsubstantiated assumptions and building complete theories on top of them.
Assumptions or not, something's definitely wrong here. Just to be clear, I wasn't blaming the staff for the downfall of the site btw, but for the way they hadnled things with their members.

A member of UK-T was caught selling DVDs and named UK-T as his source. I'm not guessing, this is directly from staff. Ah. I somehow believe the truth is somewhat larger than that, but then again i might just be assuming, you know?

Talkaboutfiles
10-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the tut:)

Rart
10-30-2009, 01:22 AM
A member of UK-T was caught selling DVDs and named UK-T as his source. I'm not guessing, this is directly from staff.

Then again, that could also be the case. I apologize if I made my previous comment prematurely, this kind of claim would change everything.

Andyvalver
10-30-2009, 01:29 AM

Good job m8 ;)

Cheers for that mate. Now people can get in touch..

"why so serious"

Albo Da Kid
10-30-2009, 01:34 AM
O
riginally Posted by Benjamin http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/buttons_fst/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../t-what-happend-uk-t-374142-post3319899)
btw..What a fukin idiot this guy. He was probably selling them in the street this retard.
The first thing I would have said when being asked where I downloaded the film from is

"I didn't download it sir. I bought them from a Chinese for 2$ a copy and I'm selling them for 5$ each."

"Tell us who the chinese lady is"

Answer: "I don't know sir. I met her in the train and haven't seen her since. This is my first time doing this"

Or if worse came to worst "I downloaded them from Mininova sir" Wtf they're gonna do? They know about Mininova already, and haven't been able to do anytihng about it.

The worst they could have done, was given him a fine.

Benjamin
10-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Ah. I somehow believe the truth is somewhat larger than that, but then again i might just be assuming, you know?

Yea well that is coming directly from the UK-T staff, they say the DVD seller ruined it for everybody, and they were forced to shutdown. They won't reveal how they found out the guy was caught and named their site.

I question everything like you do, and no disrespect intended, but the UK-T staff are a bunch of nerds, not some mafia with internal police connections. How would they know somebody snitched on them?

Albo Da Kid
10-30-2009, 02:12 AM
the UK-T staff are a bunch of nerds, not some mafia with internal police connections. How would they know somebody snitched on them?
Exactly. You make a very good point.

Do you think the guy went to them and apologized? "Hey guys I'm sorry but i got caught selling movies ans I snitched you out"

Or maybe they were warned by the police" Hi. We caught somebody that was selling pirate dvd's which came from your site.. We thought we'd let you know. Take care."

Or better yet they had an inside man in the Riaa

lol cmon but I don't buy this dvd selling excuse. Maybe it's what Sez said earlier that it might have somethign to do with those English fellas getitng a 3 year sentence each for piracy recently

It could be anything, but the dvd excuse is too small of a factor to shut the whole site down.

How come the dvd selling only became a problem recently? How come it wasnt a problem 2 years ago?

wantonhero
10-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Considering the circumstances appear fairly dire, I don't need an explanation or an apology. The admins will have done well if they fragged the data and saved the rest of us the headache they are dealing with.

Silence is an excellent policy until things are sorted out.

p.s. Thanks to the FST regulars who tolerate us bum rushing your forums, there is some good info in here!

LubTheStaringCat
10-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Ah. I somehow believe the truth is somewhat larger than that, but then again i might just be assuming, you know?

Yea well that is coming directly from the UK-T staff, they say the DVD seller ruined it for everybody, and they were forced to shutdown. They won't reveal how they found out the guy was caught and named their site.

I question everything like you do, and no disrespect intended, but the UK-T staff are a bunch of nerds, not some mafia with internal police connections. How would they know somebody snitched on them?

I'm Courious “Benjamin” how long have you known about the selling of the DVDs?
A few hours, a couple of days that sort of thing?

Thinking what “Albo Da Kid” said, just selling DVDs sound a little far fetched to me to shut down a torrent tracker.
But considering UK-T's demise, I would think members of UK-T's former staff would be members of FST already, and are no doubt watching this thread.
I doubt very much they will ever post or reveal them selves, Squizzle Is the only one I know of here at FST.
Putting out a story like the selling DVDs to try to appease all the former members of UK-T's curiosity on how UK-T really went down.

Just for selling DVDs I doubt that very much, you can only wait and watch?

I would consider the former members of UK-T are owed some type of explanation.

rag011
10-30-2009, 05:18 AM
considering the circumstances appear fairly dire, i don't need an explanation or an apology. The admins will have done well if they fragged the data and saved the rest of us the headache they are dealing with.

P.s. Thanks to the fst regulars who tolerate us bum rushing your forums, there is some good info in here!

+1

sez
10-30-2009, 05:36 AM
considering the circumstances appear fairly dire, i don't need an explanation or an apology. The admins will have done well if they fragged the data and saved the rest of us the headache they are dealing with.

P.s. Thanks to the fst regulars who tolerate us bum rushing your forums, there is some good info in here!

Now that's the spirit.

:dabs:

Thanks for constantly starting the oh so imminent flame wars on this forum albo da kid. I can always count on you to make this forum into a worse place for the rest of us.

Honestly, why do you always feel the need to dramatize everything in this forum into the worst possible tone in order to establish the most drama within the forum? Is it simply against your nature to productively add to a conversation without pissing off someone else in the process?

UKT, from what I gather, is a rather small and closed community. There is no need for authorities to attempt to bust such an insignificant site in the grand scheme of things. Why waste their time with UKT when they could be using their time far more productively trying to destroy sites such as TL or demonoid, or the other massive number of public trackers? Whether originating from the staff or the users, I feel like these kinds of rumors are unnecessary. Take it for what you will, but I severely doubt that the authorities would ever devote so much time to take down a tiny dot in the world of p2p.

Easy on the assumptions till you have the
http://www.theasiancollection.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/banner.jpg

Intr4ns1t
10-30-2009, 05:39 AM
At the end of the day, with the history behind wheelies, if the staff felt the circumstance was dire enough to scrub the site, I would have to say I'm glad for every member who's info was NOT made available by them taking that step. It's a sad day when an iconic site such as that gets taken offline, but better by the staff than the authorities.

Regarding all the bashing and naysaying about the strength of the community there, my god, if you were interacting with many of the same people for YEARS, wouldn't you feel a serious and dramatic sense of displacement over the loss of the platform for those interactions? I notice alot of people saying the staff are remiss in how they handled it, but all things point to it not being a delayed action. And were I in their boat and in fear of my freedom, you can sure as shit believe I'd be laying low as well.

And ironicly enough, it seems that many of those members who were "left to dangle" are in fact being pointed in the right direction, just not in this thread, so why think they are being ignored in all this? It's easy to postulate when faced with a lack of insight, but that doesn't make those postulations true.

If one thing should be taken from this, it's that staffing is not just a walk in the park and every person who staffs on a tracker in a non-torrenting friendly country puts their freedom on the line every day so that users can get all that free stuff they love so very much. All the bickering and competitivness pale in comparison to the real risk that those staffers work under everyday to try to give people a comfortable atmosphere to not have to worry about a letter from their isp. I think it's easy to forget that when the sky is blue and the sun is shining, but it does rain on occasion, and sometimes that can drown you if you are stuck staring at the sky with your mouth agape.

Benjamin
10-30-2009, 07:03 AM

Thinking what “Albo Da Kid” said, just selling DVDs sound a little far fetched to me to shut down a torrent tracker.
But considering UK-T's demise, I would think members of UK-T's former staff would be members of FST already, and are no doubt watching this thread.
I doubt very much they will ever post or reveal them selves, Squizzle Is the only one I know of here at FST.
Putting out a story like the selling DVDs to try to appease all the former members of UK-T's curiosity on how UK-T really went down.

I am just repeating the official statement by the UK-T Staff. I was also a former member, I was confused too and wanted an explanation from staff. My intentions are to inform the people who are still confused, that's all. I'm not trying to trick or appease anyone.

Polarbear
10-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Don't listen to rumours.

LubTheStaringCat
10-30-2009, 09:46 AM

I am just repeating the official statement by the UK-T Staff. I was also a former member, I was confused too and wanted an explanation from staff. My intentions are to inform the people who are still confused, that's all. I'm not trying to trick or appease anyone.

I would like to apologize “Benjamin” It didn't come out the way I meant It to.
Sorry m8, I wasn't accusing you of anything. Sorry about that.

A simple tip hard drives are meant to store data, just because you delete something doesn't mean It's not still there.
It's just not showing up on the registry.

Over writing the hard drives with something, Clipart Is good for doing the job or some type of other shit like It,
to make sure there's no data fragments left on the drives.

I solute the UK-T staff, and my apologies for having spoke shite

alupizor
10-30-2009, 11:07 AM
ex wheelmods myself, can i be added as a friend too?

Something Else
10-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't know who's adding you all to friends and 'helping' you guys, but I wouldn't trust them one bit.

NippleCake
10-30-2009, 11:22 AM

On your first point. There friends are still there for most of them. I apologise that they dont all use multiple sites (god what noobs huh albo) so when their only site goes down, and you live all over the world, it can be hard to keep in contact.

Also i really do lol at your comment about squizzle (interesting how he is seen as the front man of ukt lol). he left no-one in the dirt. Sorry but do you t really think if there was a site threat then they would give time to tell everyone what to do? because that wouldnt make it obvious to whoever is causing the site shutdown now, would it?! It shows that ukt staff fucking care, many people take the lack of communication and sudden no-warnings shut down as a real bad sign, but the staff are doing it for everyone, they deleted the data for everyone, so no one has any "evidence" left behind. If they had taken time to organise this, then this security could have been comprimised. Also its expected thatstaff will be lying low, you expect them to just to flaunt around the internet and immedialty create a new site?

"Who knows for what reasons U-kt went down. What if they're in the verge of being caught and will have to give up every information they have"

Ahhh i see how that works, when everything was 100% wiped! makes so much sense (hmm this seems like one of thouse unfounded arguements yet again..)

"first and help them instructions on which sites they could go to next."
Instruct them? im sure they dont need instructions, word of mouth travels very quickly between friends, and i know it sounds hard albo, but others can actually take some self initiative.

And thats bullshit about members being marked by the authorities. Yet again another unsubstantiated claim, as you have absolutely no idea whats going on.

Please stop spreading this bullshit, no one wants to hear it.

the UK-T staff are a bunch of nerds, not some mafia with internal police connections. How would they know somebody snitched on them?
Exactly. You make a very good point.

Do you think the guy went to them and apologized? "Hey guys I'm sorry but i got caught selling movies ans I snitched you out"

Or maybe they were warned by the police" Hi. We caught somebody that was selling pirate dvd's which came from your site.. We thought we'd let you know. Take care."

Or better yet they had an inside man in the Riaa

lol cmon but I don't buy this dvd selling excuse. Maybe it's what Sez said earlier that it might have somethign to do with those English fellas getitng a 3 year sentence each for piracy recently

It could be anything, but the dvd excuse is too small of a factor to shut the whole site down.

How come the dvd selling only became a problem recently? How come it wasnt a problem 2 years ago?

please please pleeeeease for the love of god stop talking such shit! you have no idea what you are chatting about and whenever someone reads your post they just think you are more and more of an arsehole.

apathyps
10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok, I cannot take anymore of the rumors being spread around. I've seen about 1 post from squizzle saying "wait for an announcement", and THAT is what I intend to wait for.

I didn't make it to FST, I have but 1 friend from UK-T who originally invited me that has given me a glimpse of hope.

To all the terrible contributors in this thread, please just go away and let us be.

Some of you really are cruel.

Purple_Ice
10-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Wow this thread grew fast! Just checked it the other day and it was only at 17 pages! Good to see some familiar avatars/nicks etc.

I've read through this whole thread, the first good news of any kind seems to be on page 19/20 and some good bits and pieces after that. Unfortunately there is a lot of rumour and heresay too, not to mention the flaming and back and forths between some people (generally members and non-members).

I would love to see the site come back but, everyone's safety is more important. If everything had to be wiped then I guess it's for the best.

Thanks for everything over the years, if a new home is found please let me know, I'll be checking this thread regularly.

Cheers, PI

Benjamin
10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
please please pleeeeease for the love of god stop talking such shit! you have no idea what you are chatting about and whenever someone reads your post they just think you are more and more of an arsehole.

When people have such little information how can you blame them for being creative and making theories? You expect people to just wait idly by for an announcement from staff? At least he's using his brain for a change.

cinephilia
10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
lol @ "2nd home"

weegee
10-30-2009, 12:53 PM

When people have such little information how can you blame them for being creative and making theories? You expect people to just wait idly by for an announcement from staff? At least he's using his brain for a change.

no your absolutley right, its sooo much better to make up a lot of shite and try to convince people its the truth.

patience is a virtue and i will be patient.

if the site is gopne, then thanks so much for the good times and if it comes back then i will be first in line waving the flags but in the meen time i will wait and not listen to the bollocks your talking.

cinephilia
10-30-2009, 12:59 PM

no your absolutley right, its sooo much better to make up a lot of shite and try to convince people its the truth.

if the site is gopne, then thanks so much for the good times and if it comes back then i will be first in line waving the flags but in the meen time i will wait and not listen to the bollocks your talking.
if you don't wanna read "bollocks", just stop talking publicly about your beloved tracker. other wise, let the people express their thoughts...

Reg
10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Active and Known members of the site were extended invitations and the majority have left this thread. Those few invitees that remain show that they truly don't care about the politics behind the invitations. Thank you guys!

I wasn't picked - but then again, I mostly kept to myself. I think a lot of people from UK-t will fall into that category also. I can't speak for others, but being a member of UK-t since the fall of EliteTorrents sheltered us from this ongoing e-penis war over which torrent community is best. Goes to show that anyone on the internet will complain about anything given the proper forum and box to stand on.

With that said, at least my pocketbook will be 10 euros a month heavier in the end. :)

NippleCake
10-30-2009, 01:33 PM

I really dont understand why anyone would encourage rumours. Are you spastic?

weegee
10-30-2009, 01:46 PM

if you don't wanna read "bollocks", just stop talking publicly about your beloved tracker. other wise, let the people express their thoughts...

express their thoughts?, its fairy tales they are expressing absolute nonsense.

i will wait for the truth.:yup:

Andyvalver
10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Weeegee, add your email to your profile so i can add you :P lol

kallieb
10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Aside from the trolling and braggadocio there are two themes rolling out here:

1/ Loyal wheelies who want/need/feel that a bit of loyalty should come back by way of an explanation as to what/why it all happened that their fav site went poof.

2/ Regardless of reason or circumstance, what's gone is now gone and that with the loss of anything near and dear there is a grief and loss cycle we all go through. Whether it is as profound as the loss of a loved one, to something as mundane as a favourite TV show - our response to a loss inevitably follows a pattern: Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance. The weight and presence of each element is diametrically related to the degree of importance and profundity of loss.

In regard to the first point, chances are slim to none that any public post will be made. Whatever circumstances led to the pin being pulled so abruptly are likely significant enough to prompt those who know to keep their heads down and low. Self-preservation is far more important than satisfying curiosity (no disrespect meant and I'm not trying to trivialize here), so in that regard people have to just accept and move on with the possibility that one will not nor ever know how, why, etc.

This segues well into the second theme of this entire thread, and that is, the loss members feel and the struggle to accept that what many would prefer not. If you read well between the lines all the elements are there: despair, anger, shock, disbelief. As hard as it initially was, it's obvious within these pages that the wheelies are winding it down and moving on.

Who will remain to post will likely be the trolls and wannabe's, and they'll just just jump over to the next eDrama. Another day at FST in that regard :)

weegee
10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Weeegee, add your email to your profile so i can add you :P lol

tis done:)

Chandler
10-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey, anyone fancy adding me would be good to keep in touch with you lot!

EDIT: EIN tired to pm you cant seem to do it yet, mail me please...

EDIT: Make That Any ex long term members feel free to mail me :D

cupid_stunt
10-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I am gutted about this whole thing, security is first though. Glad to see some faces here which i recognize from teh site. Maybe I can help you guys out.

/tehGRIFTA

Bana
10-30-2009, 06:13 PM

I wasn't picked - but then again, I mostly kept to myself. I think a lot of people from UK-t will fall into that category also. I can't speak for others, but being a member of UK-t since the fall of EliteTorrents sheltered us from this ongoing e-penis war over which torrent community is best. Goes to show that anyone on the internet will complain about anything given the proper forum and box to stand on.

I like what you said. That sums me up exactly. If anyone wants to add me, feel free to do it.

alzeebub
10-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Just to piss the whiners off, another wheeler here :)

Damn shame its gone down.

It's a little strange to see all the hostility in here. Never had that in ukt ;)

ps: if anyone wants to ID me by un and av, un was alzeebub and av was banksy's pic of riot police with smiley faces ^^

Boswell
10-30-2009, 06:55 PM
I think it's just because they couldn't get in, so they rubbish a thing they have never tried.
pure jealousy!!

DMT
10-30-2009, 07:09 PM

I like what you said. That sums me up exactly. If anyone wants to add me, feel free to do it.

Add your email address to your profile mate then people can contact you! ;)

wheeloftime
10-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I think it's just because they couldn't get in, so they rubbish a thing they have never tried.
pure jealousy!!

I think you are absolutely right, but the hostility is from a small minority - they're just very vocal. The vast majority of members here just ignore them:D

Welcome to FST Boswell and all you other ex UK-T'ers.

weegee
10-30-2009, 07:43 PM
pure jealousy!!

I think you are absolutely right, but the hostility is from a small minority - they're just very vocal. The vast majority of members here just ignore them:D

Welcome to FST Boswell and all you other ex UK-T'ers.

thanks wheeloftime, your right about the minority and in all honesty ive enjoyed checking out the forums here and have enjoyed the welcome from u guys.

thanks FST, you provided a safe haven to regather and chat.

LubTheStaringCat
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Just to piss the whiners off, another wheeler here :)

Damn shame its gone down.

It's a little strange to see all the hostility in here. Never had that in ukt ;)

ps: if anyone wants to ID me by un and av, un was alzeebub and av was banksy's pic of riot police with smiley faces ^^

:doctor::doctor::doctor::doctor:
Admittedly there Is a few whiners on FST, and we're all Inclined to talk shit from time to time.
But the regulars that frequent FST hang around the bushes.
:doctor::doctor::doctor::doctor:

b1gg13man
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Contact me as well, I'm in need of a new good solid site.

sez
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Your site was/remains held in high regard and I think you guys should appreciate the fact that you have had over 40 pages of on topic relevant postings.This isn't usually the case.If guys decided to go stupid on you,then believe me,nipplecake wouldn't be here attacking people for quite frankly redundant reasons(and if anything,I think by doing this he's more than likely to instigate this all out flame war).

So how about you guys remain on topic and stop calling fsters who somehow can't associate with your pain those names that you are calling them,more so to you nipplecake,I don't see why you want to be a hero.

buba013
10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Hello all,

Good luck With the new homes , It was fun .

Wish you all the best For the Future.

plankton
10-30-2009, 09:01 PM
So apparently users who were active on the forums/irc were given invites.

Really bummed since all my torrent buddies only used ukt so they're unable to invite me to another site.

Sad to see the site go after so many years but I'm there they had good reason to shut it down.

I don't see why so many people here think of ukt members as elitist. I always thought of us as pretty humble with a pretty tight-knit community. But then again this is a public forum and those come with it's share of trolls.

BTW for anyone that's curious my u/n was 'stingaa'. been there since the beginning (user id was something in the low xxx range).

Was good while it lasted :(

Bad-Day
10-30-2009, 09:06 PM
No one seams to understand, that the avarage user, off uk ( ages above 20) ( just like FL users ) never cared about levels, other trackers, and had more to do whit their lifes than chansing trackers,...
Trackers knowadays are filled whit teens* you will never find a place similiar in any way to uk. Maybe supertorrents, it used to be pretty decent.
If youre use forums much, get ready for : what are you listenning, what have listen to just know, what movie are watching, what movie were u watching, whats the shape off your poo, how many times did u pee per day, and so on.. bad-days on your way man.

Atops
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
...nipplecake,I don't see why you want to be a hero.

He's my hero :D

NippleCake
10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
So how about you guys remain on topic and stop calling fsters who somehow can't associate with your pain those names that you are calling them,more so to you nipplecake,I don't see why you want to be a hero.

I dont want to be a hero. I am merely sticking up for the UK-T people. I am in no way seeking worship or someone to congratulate me on what i say.

That1Guy
10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah, you gotta realize alot of these new guys have no idea about all the fst level bit drama. This is just where google brought them because one of the regulars made a thread and then all the regulars posted about it for 8 pages.

The_Martinator
10-30-2009, 09:57 PM
No one seams to understand, that the avarage user, off uk ( ages above 20) ( just like FL users ) never cared about levels, other trackers, and had more to do whit their lifes than chansing trackers,...
Trackers knowadays are filled whit teens* you will never find a place similiar in any way to uk. Maybe supertorrents, it used to be pretty decent.
If youre use forums much, get ready for : what are you listenning, what have listen to just know, what movie are watching, what movie were u watching, whats the shape off your poo, how many times did u pee per day, and so on.. bad-days on your way man.

In a way I agree, but maybe all of the older guys are just waiting for you to make a thread.... :naughty:

Atops
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM

I dont want to be a hero. I am merely sticking up for the UK-T people. I am in no way seeking worship or someone to congratulate me on what i say.

In that case... Go to hell NippleCake :naughty:

sez
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM

well if you aren't trying to be a hero then how do you explain the above,like honestly.The guys put out logically valid questions yet instead of trying to tackle their Qs or simply ignoring them,you opt to post insults.Tell me its not because you think its a cool thing to do when you have an audience such as this one.

You know I sometimes hate how I recall things but 90% of the time that you make such posts,the site almost always has something to do with asterisks.Anyways,I'll leave the rest to assumption but I think you owe these two people an apology or better yet an answer to their Qs since as you've stated,they clearly don't know shit.

Fishy2
10-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Buba is that really you? Those photos were class mate :lol:. Thanks to all at FST who have made us feel welcome, I cant believe this thread has run so long :ermm:
While I'm grateful for the chance to keep up contacts I would have missed out on I cant help feeling worried for those higher up and think for now I'll just remember "Whats the first rule about fight club?" Hope I'll meet you all soon on another site :whistling

IdolEyes787
10-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks to all at FST who have made us feel welcome,

Mi casa es su casa .:)
Actually you are welcome more than most because your motives aren't suspect.:dry:

Ekimus
10-31-2009, 12:33 AM

+1

It was 4+ good years...:happy:

LubTheStaringCat
10-31-2009, 12:57 AM
With he recent Influx of exwheelies to FST, I think It's definitely gave this place a spark of life.
There's definitely a change around here, a different feeling, I don't know whether It will last... But roll on the good times.

weenden
10-31-2009, 12:59 AM
its a shame that some dickweed had to screw up a good thing i wasnt there but was hoping some day to be ,but that all might be gone
for anyone who dreamed of being its now a nightmare....................................im hoping for the people who were there things work out and all this rederick turns out to be crap.

TP635
10-31-2009, 02:37 AM
With he recent Influx of exwheelies to FST, I think It's definitely gave this place a spark of life.
There's definitely a change around here, a different feeling, I don't know whether It will last... But roll on the good times.

They seem to be posting only in this thread. I am not sure they have interest in being here as a regular poster when this thread died down. I hope some will stay back, now that they know this place.:)

wanker
10-31-2009, 02:46 AM
They seem to be posting only in this thread. I am not sure they have interest in being here as a regular poster when this thread died down. I hope some will stay back, now that they know this place.

I like it here. will deffo stick around.

Absolutely could use some of bubbas pics about now.

Also missing the official drunk thread.:wacko:

FreakinWeasel
10-31-2009, 03:26 AM
yeah, you gotta realize alot of these new guys have no idea about all the fst level bit drama. This is just where google brought them because one of the regulars made a thread and then all the regulars posted about it for 8 pages.Yup!You got that right...

Albo Da Kid
10-31-2009, 04:02 AM

First of all I wasn't encouraging rumors, I was pointing out the worst that could happen.
Was it an assumption? Yes. The fact that the site has not given out any information yet after all this time, and the fact that they wiped their hard drives clean tells me something is definitely wrong.

This might add to my suspicions as well http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/t-uk-terminating-naughty-file-sharers-april-10-374982/

Nobody is trollin or spreading fake rumors here. Just trying to converse and prepare you fellas for the worst. You should thank me instead of being so judgmental.

I hope my assumptions are wrong, and there's nothing wrong with the site, but forgive me for trying to be realistic.

Quick Question: What are you guys expecting from the announcement? I see a lot of you are enthusiastic about it that's why I'm asking.
What kind of news are you expecting to get?

bumrocks
10-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Whatever happens in the short or long run, hopefully it will be for the best or work out for the best reasons. I will miss it as long as it is gone. Whether it will be gone for good or not seems suspect from squizzle my nizzle's comment. Hopefully we will get a knock on the internet door sooner than later...If not, the best to those that were members.

BTW...If there are any mods around reading this...I promise to be a good boy and play nice. Privs would be nice again...

whipit
10-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Beyond all the what happend and why! Hope all are good still and sad to see the community go as there really isn't and wasn't anything out there like it. Thanks for the Years!

JVJ
10-31-2009, 10:18 AM
WOW, this thread is really immense now. Good to see you guys.

And to all the trolling dickheads, you've got no class, unlike the classy trolling mod I am/was http://sc.webmessenger.msn.com/10.1.0323.0/session/images/emoticons/smile_teeth.gif

See you on the other side guys/gals.

Noodle99
10-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Wow, read through 46 pages to find out not much. Found this on google like others. Been a UK-T member for prob 4 years or so. Ive got the paypal xmas receipts to prove it if needed. Awesome site. Now I'm a bit lost to be honest. Would appreciate a point in the right direction from some of the other UK-T homeless :)

Chandler
10-31-2009, 11:12 AM
I feel lost without uk-t to turn to, it wasn't just about the files it was about the community! i miss you guys. Thanks to all that have added me so far! but i cant seem to pm any of you (or am i doing somethign wrong lol)

I need a new home and i fear i will never find a good enough replacement lol

JVJ
10-31-2009, 11:38 AM
I feel lost without uk-t to turn to, it wasn't just about the files it was about the community! i miss you guys. Thanks to all that have added me so far! but i cant seem to pm any of you (or am i doing somethign wrong lol)

To Send PMs

You must be a member at FST for 30 days.

After 30 days it takes an hour for your account to update.
You will have a star below your title when updated...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/member1.gif

DO NOT send unsolicited Private Messages asking for invites.
Those that do may be BANNED from the site.

Make sure you go into USER CP (top left) and Edit Options and then make sure the Recieve Emails from other users is checked.

We're here to help so give us a shout if you're stuck.

Boswell
10-31-2009, 11:51 AM
You can't PM until you have been here 30 days!
You have to use the email link instead
HTH

mievmo
10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
hmmm, this thread is still alive. UKT closed ( for now ). until they re-open we wait.

NiKRuLeZ
10-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I thought UK-T was doing a FTN...HTTPS :P But that doesn't work...it just shows up as having a self signed certificate :P

awaited
10-31-2009, 01:23 PM
seriously man , i feel sad for you all who was members at UK-T , you guys seem devistated. I myself wasn't part of it, but as you guys are missing it , wish that i was part of such a good place,great members who felt it as there home. It was a truly as a big family. :( :cry:

Alien5
10-31-2009, 01:37 PM
What kind of news are you expecting to get?Good News.

Bana
10-31-2009, 02:38 PM

When you click on my mail, you should see the option to send me e-mail messages right?
Or were you talking about something else?

Anyway, I have used the option for other members to send me mail messages in the User CP menu.

deanzt
10-31-2009, 03:29 PM

I hear that! Uk-t was special, it was the only site I have used since I got invited years ago! :(

I think it's spoiled me :P

cinephilia
10-31-2009, 03:57 PM
What kind of news are you expecting to get?Good News.
no news, good news :shifty:

Furball67
10-31-2009, 08:35 PM
I was a long time user at UK-T (4 years or more) I am very sad to hear it is down for good. Lots of good folks over there. That makes 3 of my favorite sites down now. Guess I need to start looking for a new home. Sigh....

Bad-Day
10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
I was a long time user at UK-T (4 years or more) I am very sad to hear it is down for good. Lots of good folks over there. That makes 3 of my favorite sites down now. Guess I need to start looking for a new home. Sigh....

Good luck whit that*

Predator04
10-31-2009, 09:09 PM

its Chandler!!

man i miss uk-t already. i still have my t-shirt from a couples years ago on the xmas drawing.
Need a new home!
if anyone ants to get in contact with me hit me up at nealbilly @ gmail.com

Totti
10-31-2009, 09:15 PM

its Chandler!!

man i miss uk-t already. i still have my t-shirt from a couples years ago on the xmas drawing.
Need a new home!
if anyone ants to get in contact with me hit me up at nealbilly @ gmail.com

i wonder how many high lvl site requests your going to get? start counting:whistling

badboy4life
10-31-2009, 10:46 PM
please add me to as i was a long term member and miss the site it was awesome , and prey it comes back or at least somewhere for us uk-t members to chat to one another had a few friends on there that i would like to keep in touch with , like i said please add me so i can stay in touch with fellow users :D

cheers
badboy

hmmm not really sure how to use this place ill work it out thou please if someone can email me here to let me know what will happen to us loyal members of uk-t i would appreciate it so much
ta friends

Predator04
10-31-2009, 11:10 PM
please add me to as i was a long term member and miss the site it was awesome , and prey it comes back or at least somewhere for us uk-t members to chat to one another had a few friends on there that i would like to keep in touch with , like i said please add me so i can stay in touch with fellow users :D

cheers
badboy

hmmm not really sure how to use this place ill work it out thou please if someone can email me here to let me know what will happen to us loyal members of uk-t i would appreciate it so much
ta friends

ya im thinking maybe someone from uk will start there own or uk will come back as something else. who knows. lets hope for the best right?

Fishy2
10-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone:D

“Mi casa es su casa “
@ IdolEyes787 Muchas Gracias

“They seem to be posting only in this thread. I am not sure they have interest in being here as a regular poster when this thread died down. I hope some will stay back, now that they know this place. “
@ TP635 Some will some wont I guess? Count me in

Quick Question: What are you guys expecting from the announcement?
@ Albo Da Kid Cant speak for anyone else, only news I want now is that all our friends are safe and well

WOW, this thread is really immense now. Good to see you guys
@ JVJ Jooles! I only just realised who JVJ is lol!! Good to see you to!

I feel lost without uk-t to turn to, it wasn't just about the files it was about the community! i miss you guys. Thanks to all that have added me so far!

@ Chandler Chandler I added you as a friend then un-checked it accidentally after you accepted! Sorry re done it now though, good to see you on here to m8 I think a good few people are feeling a little lost atm, also a good few pretenders 2 me thinks :ermm:

Seems to be much confusion and misunderstanding about what made “it” a special place to those that were involved, maybe I can make a small contribution to that understanding that may make people smile.:happy:

Until I came to FST I had no idea what trollin meant! Until I came to FST I had no idea what a class 10 tracker was!:huh:

All I knew was I was involved in something good, the secrecy and respect people were expected to demonstrate I just accepted and thought was “the way things should be”.

Knowing the details of other member’s circumstances and life (the good and the bad) was the norm. Helping others was again both good and normal, and just the way it was “done” My avatar was made by a member (a chess board with some pieces placed randomly on it and my Nick across the top) by a member, twice! (lost with the shutdown)

We all miss the place but what’s done is done, and I’m sure for the right reasons. Now before this turns into something resembling a DV8 post ;) I’ll just say that this will be my last public post on what has happened and at this moment in time my thoughts are with others, and I wish you luck guys.

curse
11-01-2009, 01:15 AM
nice to see some friendly faces
I guess some reccon my mugshot as well :whistling

justinwebb
11-01-2009, 04:28 AM
i was on uk-t from almost the very beginning, sad to see it go down but happy it went down this way as opposed to the way of ET and suprnova. I'll miss it feel free to add me all ex-wheelmodders.

Noodle99
11-01-2009, 04:32 AM
nice to see some friendly faces
I guess some reccon my mugshot as well :whistling

Yeah, thats a familiar avatar all right :)

exth2o
11-01-2009, 04:47 AM
I miss uk-t.

cinephilia
11-01-2009, 04:52 AM
glad to see some familiar faces! i miss you guys! :cry:

ps: i wasn't part of uk-t :unsure:

Enlightened
11-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Looks like another bites the dust, at least Swedvdr is still arounnd kickin with their Community, rather UK-T left a bunch of "homeless" ppl around.LOL

Furball67
11-01-2009, 07:12 AM
If Ex Wheelmodders are forming up in a new place, count me in. I loved the great sense of community at UK-T. :)

Magnum
11-01-2009, 07:14 AM
If Ex Wheelmodders are forming up in a new place, count me in. I loved the great sense of community at UK-T. :)
:yup::yup::yup:

buba013
11-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey Buba is that really you?

Yes and i miss my clown fish,

curse
11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
what's this talk about ex-wheelers?
I'm a wheeler :P
but yea, count me in..

thanx also FST for this thread.. gonna go explore the rest of this site now

willyums
11-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Yes me to i,m lost without that place :(

Purple_Ice
11-01-2009, 11:28 AM

+1 For sure!
It's bittersweet seeing all these familiar avatars here...
Joolsvern, lost your sausage?

JVJ
11-01-2009, 12:10 PM

+1 For sure!
It's bittersweet seeing all these familiar avatars here...
Joolsvern, lost your sausage?

Well I never miss an opportunity to show eveyone my sausage.

biglad
11-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Was a member of uk-t after being invited there when elite torrents was closed down. It was my one and only private tracker, it was all I ever needed.

Trubo
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
uk-t was my finest website! I loved it so much i never needed anything else!

Meaby there are some that recognizing me, i didn't was that active on the forums however my upload stats where pretty good!

benchez' mum
11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't what the flip you are all looking for, but IMO it would be better to find a site that suits you on your own, or with help from friends. Not strangers.

chaytor
11-01-2009, 02:20 PM
hey there all, Ive been trawling across the net for days to find out whats been happening to UK-T.

I was a member from the start and only just recieved my 1 free invite for my 4+ years there, so I was rather gutted that I had the oppurtunity to invite someone to amazing torrent site and now its gone :(

Does anyone have a difinitive answer why the sites down? Will it be back?

I need a new home as ive never used any other torrent site in half a decade :(

curse
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't what the flip you are all looking for, but IMO it would be better to find a site that suits you on your own, or with help from friends. Not strangers.

I think most of us just stumbled over this thread and are happy to find some of our old friends

badboy4life
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Looks like another bites the dust, at least Swedvdr is still arounnd kickin with their Community, rather UK-T left a bunch of "homeless" ppl around.LOL

whats funny i guess one day ull be in the same boat when ur sites go down and ull be looking for others and wondering whats happened to urs
comunities stay strong if ur not able to see and feel that then ur not properly in a community

nothing funny at all
keep ur lols to urself

benchez' mum
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM

I think most of us just stumbled over this thread and are happy to find some of our old friends

That's great. It's just that a fair few of you seem to be waiting on help from others. Others often have their own objective, which doesn't necessarily coincide with yours. Be cautious, do your reasearch, and you'll be fine.

curse
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM

That's great. It's just that a fair few of you seem to be waiting on help from others. Others often have their own objective, which doesn't necessarily coincide with yours. Be cautious, do your reasearch, and you'll be fine.

thanx for the advice, not that I'd jump on first thing I'd see.. but..

darkside87
11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
http://torrentfreak.com/uk-t-shut-down-for-good-database-deleted-091101/

Bana
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I just read that article too. I came here to post it, but i guess you beat me to it.
I guess it is official now....

waeldiab
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Dunno what to believe these days

Enlightened
11-01-2009, 07:13 PM

Well, I am happy UK-T is Gone, payback is a bitch, I was "wrongfully" Disabled there twice, { without a given "reason", and No recourse of an appeal in the IRC].

Uk-T as far as I am concerned, have been such a "Snot" can kiss my ASS......LMAO:yup::yup::yup::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ovisan
11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
^ Funny shit

curse
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM

rofl
that was a fun article.. I guess they've been reading this thread and took the most stupid things from it.

sez
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM
^^ since TF has already made it public I guess its time for some IRC logs for people like curse :P.20mins

weegee
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM

Well, I am happy UK-T is Gone, payback is a bitch, I was "wrongfully" Disabled there twice, { without a given "reason", and No recourse of an appeal in the IRC].

Uk-T as far as I am concerned, have been such a "Snot" can kiss my ASS......LMAO:yup::yup::yup::lol::lol::lol::lol:

disabled twice, so you were given another chance and you fucked up again? you sound like a spoiled child to me. as for payback is a bitch, you sound as though you have some sort of influence, lol you dont even have enough influence to decide wither to piss in your pants or not.

Alien5
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
One week old news, thanks a lot.

DMT
11-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Was a member of uk-t after being invited there when elite torrents was closed down. It was my one and only private tracker, it was all I ever needed.

Same here mate, all good things come to an end though I guess.

:(

ovisan
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM

disabled twice, so you were given another chance and you fucked up again? you sound like a spoiled child to me. as for payback is a bitch, you sound as though you have some sort of influence, lol you dont even have enough influence to decide wither to piss in your pants or not.

That's alrite mate, you know what they say: third time lucky!

sez
11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Some of what was happening as google directed you to this thread:

23:07 <XXX> has anyone got hold of fr3d yet?
23:07 <XXX> don't think so
23:07 <XXX> he was on last.fm 8 hours ago
23:07 <XXX> but he's alive slightly
23:07 <XXX> so hes not dead
23:07 <XXX> and deleted WilliamTM's comment from facebook
23:07 <XXX> disabled comments
23:07 <XXX> only other thing we can think of is arrested
23:08 <XXX> umm
23:08 <XXX> fr3d is not dodgy
23:08 <XXX> no booze no drugs
23:08 * Orpheus senses the fury of the mod
23:08 <XXX> na i dont think its arrested some how
23:08 <XXX> how comes XXX
23:09 <XXX> maybe he got bored of the internet
23:09 <XXX> things down, him deleting comments
23:09 <XXX> indicates one thing
23:09 <XXX> wouldn't that be public record, if he were arrested?
23:09 <XXX> public record meaning?
23:09 <XXX> lol call the cops and ask lol?
23:09 <XXX> lol
23:09 <XXX> thats crazy
23:09 <XXX> really?
23:09 <XXX> I don't think so
23:10 <XXX> what else then?
23:10 <XXX> dont think you can do that here
23:10 <XXX> na
23:10 <XXX> you can't
23:10 <XXX> seems to me after 48 hours you have cause to be concerned, and start considering him a missing person
23:11 <XXX> but hes not missing
23:11 <XXX> he was on last.fm
23:11 <XXX> and has been on facebook
23:11 <XXX> that's not proof of life
23:11 <XXX> according to WilliamTM his phone rings then goes into answerphone
23:11 <XXX> and no proof its him
23:11 <XXX> lol at you guys
23:11 <XXX> has he posted anything?
23:11 <XXX> he has an iphone
23:11 <XXX> i can log in to my gfs facebook
23:11 <XXX> the battery life lasts like a day
23:11 <XXX> he must be alive
23:12 <XXX> can you imagine anyone else knowing his facebook password?
23:12 <XXX> Well yeah dead people don't facebook
23:12 <XXX> just sayin its possable
23:12 <XXX> hes a computer guy, we know how to be safe
23:12 <XXX> either that or his parents wont touch his phone
23:12 <XXX> ANYTHING can and will happin
23:12 <XXX> and its sitting on charge in hi room
23:12 <XXX> his*
23:12 <XXX> if anyone actually knows where he lives or hi phone number, they should attempt to contact his family
23:13 <XXX> we have tried his phone
23:13 <XXX> i know where he lives and his house number
23:13 <XXX> okay, well we really need a home phone number
23:13 <XXX> but i cant call as i have no phone and its too far for me to go there
23:13 <XXX> Jam3s, do you know where he is?
23:13 <XXX> maybe he is in this channel
23:14 <XXX> you never know
23:14 <XXX> anyone know the university he attends?
23:14 <XXX> k*******
23:14 <XXX> there are a lot of new nubs in here for a start
23:14 <XXX> that's also possible
23:15 <XXX> WilliamTM, have you tried pinging his ip again
23:15 <XXX> rofl
23:15 <XXX> ping wont work
23:15 <XXX> omg
23:15 <XXX> ?
23:16 <XXX> fail at entanet capping me
23:16 <XXX> lol entanet