PDA

View Full Version : {Req} FTN

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Right so some fellas might think this is a bad idea as I had a request filled recently...but I think its the best time to make this request because quite honestly, by getting that request filled, I was kinda able to prove my worth around these parts...it helped me to tell the members here that I'm trust-worthy and am deserving of the site I requested (my inviter felt that way at the very least - something I'm very proud of and am also very thankful to him about)

Anyways I figured it wouldn't hurt to make this request since at the very worst, I won't get into the site...well that's not a big deal in the sense that I'm not gonna get into the site in any other way anyways...so yeah, I'm taking my chances with this request...let's see what happens

Now then, on with the actual request:

To be quite honest, I had mentioned this before too but FTN is indeed one of the prime trackers I've always wanted to get in. Again, like my other request, I only know so much about the tracker (the info. which is posted here and in other places) and I can't recall any comment degrading the site...i.e. its indeed worth having and certainly worthy of the elusiveness that the site currently possesses

So then, why do I want to get into the site? Well there's a number of reasons so lemme just go thru them here

For starters though, I want to clear up that I have a number of trackers that offer scene stuff (not necessarily with the same pre-times as FTN or others of the nature but really pre-times are more hype than anything else imo)...that said, I still feel I can get a lot from FTN which I cannot get elsewhere...here's why: None of the sites I have deal with packs a lot (other than TL but seeding packs there can be a real hassle)

Also, I'm a movie fanatic (again something I had mentioned in the past) and am gradually getting into TV shows as well - both of which from my understanding are something that FTN excels at - again although pre-times aren't "very" important to me...if I can indeed get something quicker at one site than the other (say a few hrs if not days earlier) then that can only help, right?

Another key aspect for me is the community...now that I am indeed on FSC, I can proudly say, this is exactly what I was looking for in terms of community...and again, from my understanding, FTN has a very good community too (and staff)...infact, if its anything like FSC...then its not just a good-thing-to-have...rather it can easily be the main reason to be on the site!

Another thing without a doubt is that the no-ratio (more or less) helps! I'm not on a rapid connection here (4 mbps cable - decent but not great by any means) but I still seed torrents for a long long time (sometimes even months) since I never shut-down my laptop (unless for updates, etc)...as a result, even if I sometimes cannot seed stuff directly...I always manage to seed for as long as I possibly can

Also for what can I offer to the site...well other than the obvious (hopefully interesting posts, etc)...I have about 1.5tb of content (mostly anime, some movies and about 50gb of music - all mp3's) so I could perhaps eventually help upload some content there...I don't expect to be able to do that right when I join though (I doubt they expect the same from any new user - let alone myself)

Finally, if the above seems like I don't know much about the site...well then that won't be too far from the truth...like it was for my earlier request, I only so much about these sites from what I read everywhere...to learn about the rest, I simply have to be on the site...and hopefully, this request will help me achieve just that...

cheers!

Rart
10-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Well written - and you pretty much already mentioned anything I would have said in criticism in your post.

Good luck ;)

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 01:14 AM
thanks mate!...always appreciate support (well i don't mind criticism either but I can't encourage that now, can I? lol)

cinephilia
10-28-2009, 02:31 AM
FSC, now FTN... how come you always request the hippest ones?

ok, FSC is known for being a community tracker and your request wasn't that bad... but c'mon, why would you need FTN one week after getting in a tracker you didn't even take the time to enjoy?
FTN is just a ordinary 0day tracker and its community is as common as any other random torrentsite ("rate that ass", "best gif ever" etc...).
you're a movie fanatic and you're after a great and mature communauty ? why not requesting Karagarga ? tehre are also some great sites like TehConnection or PassThePopcorn. no ratio ? you can always ask for Pretome: good content, pretimes and speeds (not as cool as FTN though) and so on...

man, it's so blatant you're just looking for pretexts in order to get in all the "cool places"... hope you'll think twice about that.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 02:43 AM
well I already stated the three sites I was interested in (FTN, FSC and SCT)...so this request really shouldn't be all that big of a surprise

that said, if indeed FTN is just an ordinary 0-day tracker then yeah you are right...I guess I don't really need it...its just that I read the review here and it said the site supposedly has a very good community and is also very good at scene stuff (I don't have any specific scene-oriented sites)

As for Karagarga...well I thought that tracker focused on old movies...personally, I hardly watch any 80's movies - let alone anything yet older...so I feel I won't really be getting much use out of that site...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

also I don't really know much about the other 2 sites you mentioned (will look into them now)...Pretome sounds very good too - again I don't know much about it...you did suggest its not as good as FTN though (assuming that wasn't sarcasm)

also I'm not really sure what you mean by that last line...believe me I have no interest in any sites other than FTN and SCT since I don't want to collect any sites...I only want to get into sites where I can hopefully get what I actually need (hence why I don't want to get into Pedro's, FTWR, etc...since I don't listen to FLAC's)

so yeah...based on what you said...it seems that we kinda agree on one point...I def. don't need this site if its just an average 0-day tracker...however, if it is anything more than that (in terms of community, content, etc) and is perhaps the best tracker with a no-ratio system, then it is indeed worth having

if I'm wrong though then feel free to let me know and I'll indeed remove this request

cheers for the help!

p.s. finally I am def. enjoying FSC! I already have over 500 posts there in less than a week...if I was indeed simply collecting the site...I wouldn't bother posting there, would I?

also if you are wondering why I didn't request SCT well its because I really don't think anyone here will actually be willing to spend cash on anyone else just to invite them to a site...I know I wouldn't and hence why I don't expect any better from others...as such, FTN is perhaps the "easier" and maybe even better option - if I do get in that is (its a very big "if" however)

Rart
10-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I think accumulating 500 posts in under a week illustrates something other than enjoying the community =/

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 02:47 AM
well it may not be enjoyment for others (i personally think it is since most of those replies have got responses but fine i'll let that one pass) but at the very least it does suggest that I'm enjoying being there and intend to stay there for a very very long time ^^

also I'm not very good with words so I probably can't prove myself on this but believe me, I'm def. enjoying myself there and I never spam randomly...you can go ahead and read my posts here too...I try to make sense out of most (if not all) of my posts

ofcourse there are places where spam is precisely what's expected...and so well, that's what I provide too

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Not to shit on your parade or anything, but...

oh and if you are indeed wondering then no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-another-fsc-request-post3311150/postcount29

Maybe it's just be, but I think generally most people consider 10 days to be "sometime soon", and quite frankly if I were a potential inviter and saw that I would pretty much immediately discredit you because it seems like you're willing to play whatever tune is necessary to get what you're after, which in this case appears to be a quest for l33t track0rz.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 03:20 AM
well there's nothing wrong about what I wrote there...indeed I wanted FSC more than FTN...but the point is, I'm already on FSC now

what's more, I also mentioned that most people will feel that this is indeed a very early request considering one got filled recently (which it is as I myself said)...again I already stated why I requested it despite having one request filled so soon

anyways, after all's said and done...at this point I'm most intrigued by what cinephilia said...if indeed FTN doesn't offer much special then maybe I really don't need it afterall

p.s. that said, I know a number of people here feel that FSC too doesn't offer anything special...but tell you what, I don't agree with that one bit...FSC is everything that people told me and more!...in short, the site is every bit worth its hype and I couldn't be happier to be on it

also I just want to add one more thing...from what I read and people say...there's very little (if anything) that's common between FSC and FTN...as such, there's very little point in comparing the two...again, this isn't something I fully realized before...but now that I am indeed on FSC, I can see exactly what people meant by that...as a result, I think its a bit silly to discard this request just 'coz I requested FSC a few days ago - if however this request is discarded because my reasons aren't strong enough to join the site and/or the site itself indeed isn't anything special...then that is by all means fair and I would honestly accept such a thing...now if I had requested SCT and now was requesting FTN (or vice versa) then this statement wouldn't hold true because from my gathering, the two have a lot in common...unlike the two currently mentioned

again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though

Moksu
10-28-2009, 03:39 AM
he sure can write alot :P
collectors.. gotta get em all?

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 03:40 AM
It's not so much the fact that you're requesting it, it's the fact that you're requesting it after saying you wouldn't be requesting it, which personally makes me lose trust in you. Also, to be completely honest, you really won't find much content wise that you wouldn't anywhere else, or even where you just got in, so they are in a sense similar. As for the whole community argument, at least settle in to the one you just got into, don't be too greedy or people will get the wrong (Or in this case is it the right?) impression...

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 03:41 AM
well if i was a collector then i'd probably start with...I dunno...UK-T maybe? (well its supposedly dead now so lemme re-think...FTWR maybe?)

anyways I can't prove myself to those who don't want to believe me...in short, I couldn't care less about collecting...I'm only interested in 3 trackers (and I've listed which 3 too - I even listed the reasons for each but I'm not gonna go thru that again)

and yeah, I can indeed write a lot...guess you get used to replying to everyone after a while...just see how long this particular post turned out to be lol

@Karid...true I wrote I wouldn't request this but you obviously took the statement out of context...I wrote, I wouldn't request FTN over FSC and I never did...again its not the same thing

also I have no idea how you are saying FSC and FTN have similar contents...FSC simply is not about contents...infact looking at the site as a tracker only would probably make it seem as one the weakest out there...its the community aspect that truly shines in FSC

whereas, community in FTN is supposedly no more than a distraction...i.e. you wouldn't go there to join the community (that's what cinephilia said anyways - and I believe him tbh since his views were pretty accurate in my last thread too)

you do make one interesting (and perhaps valid) point though that FTN has little content wise which I can't find anywhere else...that's pretty much all I needed to know (esp. since cinephilia already said so and I was merely looking for some confirmation)

so yeah, from what I am presuming, there's probably not much point in looking for this tracker...oh well

deadalive1
10-28-2009, 03:45 AM
So if you get FTN can we assume a week later we'll see you request ScT? Why not enjoy what you have already instead of looking like you just want these places for the "status". Because in all honesty that's what it looks like, no matter how long or well you word your requests for these places...

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 03:49 AM
like I said...SCT and FTN actually have something in common, unlike FSC and FTN

its like if I request, I dunno What one day and then 5 days later I request HDBits...does that mean I'm not enjoying one over the other?

in short, the two have barely anything in common and I really don't see why people are seeing the sites in any other manner

if they are indeed similar then by my guest and tell me so...in that case, not only do I not need FTN now...I prolly don't need it ever (since FSC serves me very well with what it already offers me...I don't need two sites to offer me the same thing)

also just for the record, how the heck do I get any kind of status by being on a certain tracker? - regardless of which one it is

if there is indeed a tracker that I (or anyone) should boast about...then it should be one which offers massive content (like Blackcats, HDBits, etc) rather than one which is merely difficult to get into - if FTN is only good for its "level" then perhaps you are right, this is indeed a pointless request and I'm better off without the site...I'm only requesting because I was hoping the site will duly surprise me in some manner just like FSC most certainly has done

p.s. one more thing, if indeed FTN and SCT offered different contents altogether then yeah, I don't see why there would be a problem with requesting both near each other...its only when the sites tread in similar/same contents that its obvious there's no point to a request but collection

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm not saying give up on it, I'm just saying give it time...

And to be completely honest if you looked at it in context it's not that hard to come to the conclusion that you probably are just looking to collect. Sure, you're not going straight for the most coveted, but you went straight to the two that had the highest likelihood of being fulfilled in comparison to the other alternatives which it's pretty well known are even more selective than the ones mentioned regarding who they invite, and the likelihood of getting in to either via a request on a public forum such as FST is one in a million, if not more. To me it just looks like you went for the safest bets.

Edit: And kinda in response to your latest post, exactly how different do you actually think the content from where you just got in will be from where you are requesting...?

And you're saying it's ok to request it, after saying you wouldn't, because the content differs, yet the main context of both requests was the community, or at least that's what I gathered from the requests.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 03:56 AM
btw I just wanna reiterate one point...I'm actually enjoying these conversations with everyone...sometimes, getting into a site is much more enjoyment than actually being in there...besides the harder it gets to get into somewhere (i.e. people oppose you and so on), the more gratifying it becomes to actually be there eventually (ofcourse that is if one does get to be on the specific site eventually)

so yeah, let the comments keep coming...i'm totally digging this conversation

cheers!

@Karid

I know what you mean by have some patience...but like I said in the first post, I'm just testing my luck since its not like I would've gotten in if I hadn't asked anyways

Also I can see how one would come to a conclusion that I'm collecting trackers...that's fair enough and I can't really prove it otherwise too since there's no concrete evidence saying otherwise (there's none saying I'm collecting either but obviously no1 cares about that)

Finally, I'm amazed that you are saying that requests such as FSC and FTN have a high likelihood of getting filled here...because if this were indeed true, I probably would've had FSC long before last week as it was I believe my third (certainly the second at the very least) request here...needless to say, the first one got entirely ignored (not bashed like this one either but duly ignored)

Perhaps you can suggest me more "safe" bets so I can start requesting them too? lol (its a joke in case you didn't get it)

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Where did I say safe bets? I said safest. That doesn't mean definite gratification, that means the highest likelihood when looking at alternatives.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 04:11 AM
what are the alternatives? SCT, SCL, SCC?

ok fine SCT is practically impossible to get into (no1 will - nor should imo - spend money on others)...but I can't say the same for SCC or SCL

SCL is ridiculously easy to get into, while SCC was easy too (dunno nowadays)...I've been a member of both these sites in the past and really neither site was for me which is another reason I want to try FTN and/or SCT to see if they can convince me otherwise...and from what I've read, that certainly seems plausible

any other alternatives I've missed? I really don't see how FTN is any easier to get into than the above mentioned sites but hey I could very well be wrong since quite frankly, I haven't done my research on the other sites...because like i said earlier, I couldn't care less about them (even though SCC is supposedly a very big deal nowadays)

PlayeR
10-28-2009, 04:17 AM
well if i was a collector then i'd probably start with...I dunno...UK-T maybe? (well its supposedly dead now so lemme re-think...FTWR maybe?)

well you dont need to start with those trackers to be a collectors..
if i understand this sentence correctly, you are saying that as long as you dont start with trackers like rabbits and wheelcar you are not a collectors.
so if you start with those trackers you are collectors :dabs:...weird concept..

anyway, i only have 1 out of the 3 trackers you want..and its enough for me..
it's already good that you got in fsc from your last request..so just enjoy that site..just my 2cents

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 04:19 AM
Alternatives as in other "elite" trackers.

And in regards to alternatives to the ones you just mentioned, general / 0day trackers are pretty much a dime a dozen, there are numerous, and they all have 99% the same content, they are all going to have the latest scene releases, and many of the larger, easier to get into ones, have much more than you'd find where you're looking to get into (Not talking about ScT).

megabyteme
10-28-2009, 04:21 AM
Well kool, I've gotta give you credit. You have been a very active member on FSC. Only a little over 400 posts, btw, not 500 (Busted! :P) And you are active here. Obviously you enjoy the Community. That's always my first criteria.

I haven't looked at many of your posts either here, or there, but the ones that I have seen show effort and thought.(Second criteria) If no one found anything to keep you out of FSC (and they are the kids whose homework I would want to copy).(A third criteria that few have) As far as I am concerned, you seem like a good member to have anywhere.I give you my thumbs up. Unfortunately, I am not a member on FTN so I can not actually help you with that, but I will give you the kind words in this post. Perhaps someone will agree with me.

Stranger things have been known to happen, right? :) I hope you get in, regardless of your short time at FSC.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 04:26 AM
@Player no i was saying that if I was indeed collecting trackers to boast about levels, then I wouldn't start with FTN...oh and its wheelmods not cars :P

also I am indeed enjoying FSC...I just don't see why requesting another tracker - largely unrelated to the first one is a big deal but wth it doesn't really matter

@Karid...so you are telling me that SCC isn't elite? considering all the hype surrounding the site nowadays (and that its apparently near impossible to get into) tells me that it would probably be rated as one of the most elite nowadays

perhaps then you want me to name trackers like rabbit, wheelmods, pedro's, e****, etc etc? well i don't want any of these either if that's what you were talking about

also indeed I can get a lot of content on numerous sites (some of which I am already a member of) but the point is...who's gonna seed the stuff there? where's the retention gonna be for these things? and finally where does the stuff originate from? (i don't mean the scene but rather where it goes from there)

perhaps SCT is indeed better than FTN but since I obviously cannot get into SCT, I figured I should get into the next best tracker of the types...that to me sounds like FTN...if it isn't, feel free to tell me which one is (and don't tell me SCC coz like I said...I was very disappointed by that site when I was there)

@megabyteme

first of all, thanks for calling me kool lol...seriously that's the nick I prefer to go by (and actually do go by) on a number of sites so its nice hearing the same from someone here...cheers for that!

secondly, I really appreciate your vote of confidence...I'm glad you can see what I'm trying to convey here...at this point, FTN doesn't matter as much as the point I'm trying to state...ofcourse I would still love to get into FTN but if I don't...that's nowhere near as big a deal as having silly misunderstandings here (again Idol would say why does it matter what others think but I'd rather be on clear terms with everyone so yeah)

and finally, that's one of the most incredible posts I've ever read...not because you complimented me (although it helps lol jk) but rather because you've deduced your reasoning into clear and concise terms...I wish I could do that too but instead I just keep on blabbering randomly lol

cheers to you mate!

p.s. that's 400+ posts in less than a week so you gotta give me a break...besides I can't do much about it seeing there's the 20min rule lol :P

BobFromAccounting
10-28-2009, 04:49 AM
@Karid...so you are telling me that SCC isn't elite? considering all the hype surrounding the site nowadays (and that its apparently near impossible to get into) tells me that it would probably be rated as one of the most elite nowadays

It's fairly easy to get into to be honest... A lot easier to get into than what you're seeking anyways.

also indeed I can get a lot of content on numerous sites (some of which I am already a member of) but the point is...who's gonna seed the stuff there? where's the retention gonna be for these things? and finally where does the stuff originate from? (i don't mean the scene but rather where it goes from there)

Who's going to seed from there?
1) Do you really think sites with 15k~ users(And this would be the extreme low in comparison with some of the behemoths out there) are going to have less seeders than a ratio free site with a fraction of the amount of users? (In case you didn't notice, when people try to keep a good ratio on non ratio free sites, they tend to seed for as long as they can...)

Where's the retention gonna be for these things?
2) Same as above. More users, more seeders, more people keeping a ratio.

Finally where does the stuff originate from?
3) Most 0day trackers have dedicated uploaders, some get it from the scene, some get it from other sites, a number of places use auto racers so there would be no "middle" man... Besides, more users = higher chance if something is wrong there will be a comment left in regards to it.

And if you weren't happy with SCC you probably wouldn't be with ScT... Pretty much the same since they both race 99% the same releases, just some variation in packs.

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 05:01 AM
well I didn't know SCC was easy to get into...was just going by what I read around these parts lately...but again it doesn't really matter

as for the other 3 points...for the most part, you are right...but I'll still chip in a few of my points

1) Its not always about the number of users...even in a very large userbase, a large number are merely leechers or hit n runners...that helps neither those who want the stuff, nor the seeders and most def. not the site...this is a very common phenomenon in sites with a large userbase...so yeah, in that sense, a more tight-knit community actually helps more than one might realize

2) Retention on large userbase sites is based on whoever keeps seeding whereas, most of the time on close-knit sites...even if something isn't being seeded, its much easier to request a seed and more than likely find someone who's kind enough to do so - you are partially right though, its easier to find more seeded torrents on say zamunda, ipt or tl

3) Regardless of whether the stuff comes from the scene or "other" sites...it more than likely originates in say SCT or FTN before it reaches the "lower level" sites (not really lower level since levels are rubbish - just not as close to the origination)
also more users = higher chance of something actually being wrong in the first place (i'm not talking about scene releases which would be faulty everywhere but rather personal uploads)...ofcourse larger userbase most likely means more uploads...but the quality standards of those uploads are bound to stay up in the air (i.e. very inconsistent - unless there are strict quality checks like those implemented by blackcats, etc)

finally, I think I'll like SCT despite disliking SCC because from my understanding, SCT has massive packs which def. intrigue me...SCC was severely lacking in packs (back then anyways - about 2 years back) and ofcourse freeleech on these packs helps as well since my connection is decent at best (as i have said a few times before)

anyways appreciate all comments...it keeps the discussion healthy and helps me learn more about these trackers as well

cheers!

sez
10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I appreciate you karid for not allowing him to have an easy ride just because he can put a subject and a verb in agreement.
I totally agree with everything you've said throughout this thread and I can only encourage you to keep doing what you are doing.

@kooltilldend,if you were to ask me,your fsc request didn't fail because you at least tried to be honest when you made it.That attempt at honesty in turn eventuated in someone coming through for you to set a positive tone for the rest of the thread and that's as far as it goes.

What's wrong with your request you say?nothing really,you have good grammar,you don't mind writing,you can counter an argument etcetc.But there is one thing that you are forgetting or perhaps aren't cognizant of as you write,and that's tone.Tenor at least for me is everything.Your request clearly fails the probity test and imo,your posts on this thread aren't anything but defensive-condescending,its not like we are all idiots.

Honesty is everything and no matter how good you are at constructing paragraphs,at least over here,its more appreciated than all else.People don't mind going out of their way to help somebody worth helping out,something to do with humanity,otherwise how do you explain someone requesting for that elusive sct invite that you are talking about over superficial reasons like elite status and pre-times yet barely 24hrs later the request ends up fulfilled with an array of offers to choose from?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-request-sct-357021

I hate writing too much when I really don't have to but somebody has to do it.

P.S-Donating to a tracker isn't as bad.Invites are just but incentives.If somebody is worth the effort,then why not?

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 07:15 AM
honestly i have no idea what you mean by tone...at first you are complimenting me for counter-arguing with everyone's posts and then you are ostracizing me for basically the same thing?

i have no idea where i was supposedly rude in my wordings but my apologies if anything seemed that way

also I'm not sure which part of my statements seemed superfluous to you but really i have no reason to lie...more so now when I've already got the tracker I reallyyyyyyyy wanted (this is my 2nd choice...my first choice I already have - again I have no reason to lie)

furthermore i'm not against donating myself...however, i can only really do that when i have a settle job and earnings...right now i have neither...i can't even afford to get myself a new cell phone (let alone a laptop)...so yeah, money is a big issue...otherwise, believe me, 10-20 bucks really isn't that big

other than that though, yeah I have no idea what the problems with this request are...if there's anything in specific that's bugging you then please let me know as I really have no intentions to be on bad terms with anyone

cheers!

p.s. i just realized you might be saying donating for an invite for another user...in that case, my bad for the earlier response

here's what i gotta say about that though:

there is indeed nothing wrong with donating money to invite a good user...infact that's a wonderful thing to do...any user who gets invited through that should feel blessed imo...however, i was merely thinking from the inviter's perspective...what good does it do to you to invite a person? would it be just for the warm fuzzy feeling? if yes then that's great...it just means that the person has money to donate...i unfortunately do not atm...otherwise believe me, i would've done so already too

oh and one last thing with regards to the link you posted...can you please tell me how my request is any different to that one?

is it because he's offering his skype id? well so can i (well not skype but msn, yahoo, gtalk, etc)

is it the proofs? i can show them too if needed...although in my case, its all the more easier since my prime id is the same as here on most sites

is it because he boasted about sct? well what's there to boast about the site? everything he stated is stuff everyone knows anyways...if you want, i can just as well repeat his words though

really i don't see much difference between the two requests so I'm very unsure what makes that request any more "honest" than mine...more so since he barely wrote anything there (i would imagine he got invited through a skype chat though which is fair)

so yeah, please do let me know what the discrepancies are so that i can take care of them just as well too

cheers!

The_Martinator
10-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Hm, if I had just read the thread title and the OP's nick I would have thought that this was shite.

I feel a little different now, but I'm still not there. From everything you've written, it seems to me you'd be extremely happy with PTM. It's almost no ratio and the community is very good. You see the fact about FTN is that there are a lot of the same people as in FSC there. No everyone is, but most are.

I'll tell you my story. I came here looking for more info about FTN and of possibilities to get invited. Of course I was bashed, but I kept coming back here and as time passed by I really stopped thinking about it. One day I got invited to FSC. After talking with the people there a bit I found out what I had just told you a few lines up. So I tried to make it public that I was no longer looking for FTN. I was invited there some day anyway (I couldn't turn down the invite offer, call me weak or not a man of my word, but that's the way it was). FTN is great, but IMO it's much better for those who aren't on FSC and/or on many 0day trackers. It has become my main 0day tracker (beside 1 or 2 others), but I also let some of my older accounts die.

To conclude, GL.

PS: IMO, you should have waited with this request for a while longer, no matter how many posts at FSC you've made in the meantime. Just my 2 cents.

brightsid
10-28-2009, 10:04 AM
As mentioned in your last request, there is really nothing wrong in requesting.
You "promised" not to request in the near future but you can always change your mind.

Funkin'
10-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Seriously koolit, in my opinion, you really have no need for being a member at FTN since you are already a member at FSC.

The site you recently got into is basically ratioless. Has some of the best staff out there. Active, friendly, and inviting forums. A lot of content, with good pre's and speeds.

There's really nothing that FTN offers that the other doesn't. Just don't be expecting some holy grail of a tracker. You've already gained membership to one of the best out there, and it's hard to beat.

Good luck with your request though. You never know if you're going to like the tracker until you gain membership.

IdolEyes787
10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
also I just want to add one more thing...from what I read and people say...there's very little (if anything) that's common between FSC and FTN...as such, there's very little point in comparing the two...again, this isn't something I fully realized before...but now that I am indeed on FSC, I can see exactly what people meant by that...as a result, I think its a bit silly to discard this request just 'coz I requested FSC a few days ago - if however this request is discarded because my reasons aren't strong enough to join the site and/or the site itself indeed isn't anything special...then that is by all means fair and I would honestly accept such a thing...now if I had requested SCT and now was requesting FTN (or vice versa) then this statement wouldn't hold true because from my gathering, the two have a lot in common...unlike the two currently mentioned

again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though

I feel that FTN has a lot more in common with the site that you're on than ScT does but that 's just my opinion .
FSc has some of the best uploaders in the business so it's hardly lacking for content or speed and as Funkin' pointed out it essential freeleech,
Also erroneously stated that you have to donate for an invite on Sct and not FTN . Take this any way that you want but not my experience at either .

Also if you are a " true movie " fanatic you would not limit yourself to recent ones.Again just my opinion but in doing so you are more defining yourself as a pop culture fanatic than a movie one.
God Martin watched the original Robin Hood and even more amazingly liked it.Who knows what's next Captain Blood , The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ,Aguirre: The Wrath of God :O

As for no one willing to donate to get some one else in again not true but I'd much rather do it for friendship or at least a bit better reason than any you have presented here.
The way torrent sites are going I honestly believe you would be a more sterling addition to either place than I am though.I say this without the tiniest bit of sarcasm btw.

The_Martinator
10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Also if you are a " true movie " fanatic you would not limit yourself to recent ones.Again just my opinion but in doing so you are more defining yourself as a pop culture fanatic and a movie one.
God Martin watched the original Robin Hood and even more amazingly liked it.Who knows what's next Captain Blood , The Treasure of the Sierra Madre ,Aguirre: The Wrath of God :O

Aha, I watched a Cosby show episode on TV last week and Bill said Errol Flynn was his fav actor and Captain Blood his favorite movie. Will look it up. :P

ca_aok
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Although it's been said before, this is a clear case of level seeking even if you deny it. If you really just wanted a ratioless 0-day, you could join PTM (which is easy to get into and a nice site with decent pre-times). And as already said, F*C may as well be ratioless, they get things shortly after these other sites you're requesting, and this request just seems silly in general. And as for better retention, I'm surprised that F*N has the retention it does... it's one of the only ratioless sites I know without strict seeding rules and seedbonuses.

Also, since several members on the site you just joined are in positions of prominence on both trackers, perhaps you could keep being active there and eventually someone might help you out.

I don't see why you read through the WTAW thread and then decided that these trackers were the only ones that could fulfill your needs.

forfos
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Good luck for this REQ ..but your req is so hard lol

KushBlow
10-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I swear this fucking thread gave me a headache. I think it's the combination of orange and the WALLOFTEXT from kool's posts.

But anyway dude, I say slow down. Enjoy last week's request, you were fortunate enough. Since apparently you already got what you were looking for, and you said you wouldn't request FTN, why make this request? (Rhetorical question :), no need to walloftextviolate me)

kooltilldend
10-28-2009, 11:37 PM
wow i slept through half a day and i've got a barrage of posts here lol...all (fine most :P ) are really good responses though...and i seem to agree with most too...lemme go thru them anyways (sorry kushblow lol)

@The_Martinator...see, its just what I mean...I dunno much about these trackers other than what I read...and nowhere did it seem that FSC and FTN had much in common...after reading thru these posts though, I'm obviously wrong about that statement...as such, even though I would "eventually" like to get on FTN, it does seem I perhaps don't need it now...that said, I am now interested in PTM since a number of y'all seem to recommend it to me...would you say, its worth having for me?

also if I had indeed waited before making this request, I wouldnt've gotten this many replies now, would've I? ^^

@brightsid...it seems most people didn't get the meaning of why i wrote that...i was saying that I'll never request FTN over FSC (just not worded properly) and indeed I never did

@Funkin'...well without a question, FSC has become one of my fav trackers...irrespective of which other trackers I join, I'm def. gonna keep up with FSC so yeah, FSC is indeed awesome...that said, I always though there was much difference between FSC and FTN...but if there isn't (like you said)...well then that's a real shame

@IdolEyes...lol I was waiting for your reply...I kinda enjoy responding to you :P

aite so here goes:

see I didn't know (or couldn't tell) that FTN and FSC had so much in common...if I knew I def. wouldnt've requested it...I thought that instead FTN and SCT had much in common and that I had a better chance of getting into FTN than SCT (hence the request)...I also didn't realize that FTN had paid invites otherwise I probably wouldnt've bothered...also, like I've been saying...FSC is awesome...I'm just hoping to find another tracker that's awesome (even if not as good since I doubt any are that good)

as for movies...well yeah you are right...most "real" movie fans would stick with old movies...I'm not questioning that either...its just that most of the old movies that I watch, I prefer to watch them on TV (since they are potentially easier to find)...whereas, I only d/l the new movies...so yeah, I'm not saying old movies are bad...on the contrary, no new movie comes anywhere near the old ones...however, I only d/l new movies (have only done that so far anyways) so I don't want to "waste" an invite to karagarga or some specialized movie tracker per se

As for donating...again I think I wasn't clear in my explanation (mind you, I was half-dead when I typed this earlier so hopefully I'll make more sense now)...you are right that people would happily donate for friendship, help, support, etc...but do you really think that a thread requesting the respective site (such as this one) is enough to invoke emotions (or w/e else it needs) so that the inviter is willing to splash out cash for the person (like me)?...I would've thought that any person who spends cash on another person would instead prefer to get to know the person better....perhaps chat through msn, discuss other stuff...you know just get to know the person better before they go ahead and burn some cash...that's my opinion though

also the way torrent sites are going, I don't think I make for a very good user tbh...I'm saying this because most sites seemingly would like to go paid...whereas, I've always been a little stiff when it comes to paying cash (there are sites I would happily do so for when I have the cash, with FSC being the latest addition but they are few and far between)...either way, I'm not on any of these paid sites so my comments are rather intangible in all truth (other than DT, but I joined there when it was open sign-up ages ago)

@ca_aok...well its just like I've been saying...as much as I would love to, clearly I can't please everyone...I will agree with you though that perhaps PTM is indeed what I'm truly looking for...again, I just don't know really because these mini-reviews where mostly the reviewer is complimenting these sites, hardly tell the real scenario regarding these trackers (i.e. if its worth having or not, or for that matter, what the site truly offers)

that said, I still think FTN is a good site to have...fine it perhaps has a lot more common with FSC than I realized but atleast my gut feeling tells me that there are still a number of things differentiating the two that they both can be worth having at the same time (I could be wrong though ofcourse)...and yeah, I'll perhaps end up getting into the site through FSC only...still doesn't hurt to ask here...besides if nothing else, I, at the very least, enjoyed this discussion (can't say everyone else did though - I'm looking at kushblow lol)

@forfos...indeed it is a hard one...if it wasn't...there wouldnt've been a 4-page discussion lol :P

and finally @kushblow (you are gonna hate me for this haha)

firstly, I dunno what's the orange you were mentioning...I do have a bad habit of rambling though (as you obviously wrote :P)

secondly, since you don't exactly want an answer to why I made this request (although I did mention earlier why I did) I won't bother replying to that either...still its nice knowing that you actually read through this thread (atleast partly) despite getting a headache from my posts lol

cheers everyone!

Moksu
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
imo ban kooltillend from fsc.

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 12:04 AM

:noes: People who can put more than four words together (and make sense) are a rare find. We need more like him, not less. :)

IdolEyes787
10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
as for movies...well yeah you are right...most "real" movie fans would stick with old movies...I'm not questioning that either...its just that most of the old movies that I watch, I prefer to watch them on TV (since they are potentially easier to find)...whereas, I only d/l the new movies...so yeah, I'm not saying old movies are bad...on the contrary, no new movie comes anywhere near the old ones...however, I only d/l new movies (have only done that so far anyways) so I don't want to "waste" an invite to karagarga or some specialized movie tracker per se

As for donating...again I think I wasn't clear in my explanation (mind you, I was half-dead when I typed this earlier so hopefully I'll make more sense now)...you are right that people would happily donate for friendship, help, support, etc...but do you really think that a thread requesting the respective site (such as this one) is enough to invoke emotions (or w/e else it needs) so that the inviter is willing to splash out cash for the person (like me)?...I would've thought that any person who spends cash on another person would instead prefer to get to know the person better....perhaps chat through msn, discuss other stuff...you know just get to know the person better before they go ahead and burn some cash...that's my opinion though

I watch a lot of old movies on TV too.:)It's cool to just discover something on a rainy Saturday afternoon instead of going to the trouble of downloading something based on another person's opinion that you may or may not like.
If the movie sucks on TV you simply turn the channel or turn it off no harm done.

About the donating bit kooltilldend I would honestly do it for you if I thought you'd gain anything by being on either of those sites ( ScT or FTN ) .
My favorite site for newer things is IPT basically because I have enough to worry about in life already without having to live up to anyone's expectations as well.
KG is good but is more for the cinephiles and artsy types than I ever will or have the desire to be.

Rart
10-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Kooltilldend - I want to ask you something, in all seriousness. I'm not trying to mock you in anyway, just trying to get a clear and concise answer to something that seems unclear at best from this thread:

What are you looking for in a/this tracker?

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I watch a lot of old movies on TV too.:)It's cool to just discover something on a rainy Saturday afternoon instead of going to the trouble of downloading something based on another person's opinion that you may or may not like.
If the movie sucks on TV you simply turn the channel or turn it off no harm done.

About the donating bit kooltilldend I would honestly do it for you if I thought you'd gain anything by being on either of those sites ( ScT or FTN ) .
My favorite site for newer things is IPT basically because I have enough to worry about in life already without having to live up to anyone's expectations as well.
KG is good but is more for the cinephiles and artsy types than I ever will or have the desire to be.
indeed! watching old movies on a rainy weekend with a cup of coffee and perhaps some popcorn...ahh it feels like heaven!...ofcourse if the movie sucks then you can always change the channel and try something different...there's a lot to do if you know where to look ^^

also for the donating part...again I don't know the worth of either of those sites which is why I don't expect anyone to donate tbh (ofcourse now that I realize its the only way to get in, that statement is a little ironic lol)

also I personally loveeeeeeeeeeee IPT as well...I joined that site much after I joined TL and RevTT but IPT is incredible!...they are def. not lacking in content, their seeding system is nice (i.e. the bonus), the staff is decent...really what's not there to like about the site?

p.s. I'm still on those 3 which is why I never looked too actively for the likes of FTN and SCT but I'll probably not last on RevTT as I simply can't manage to find leechers for anything there (i'm still doing alright on the other 2 though - and intend to keep them as well since they are both very decent sites)

:noes: People who can put more than four words together (and make sense) are a rare find. We need more like him, not less. :)
thanks mate!...atleast someone appreciates a proper response instead of a few words of nonsense here and there

@Moksu...surely you don't mean that for me writing a long answer? that's just mean :P

@Rart...hmm I'll be honest with you...I don't really know

I mean, from what I can read everywhere...these are clearly two of top sites in trackers (and i don't mean by levels - but in actuality) so more than anything else, I feel surely there must be something that they offer which makes them as such...I mean, I was never on FSC before too and now that I'm on it...I can see why its so special (which it is imo)...so I keep thinking that perhaps there's something about these 2 sites as well...

I mean sites like Pedro's are obviously at the top too but I already know I don't need what they offer (hence why I'm not looking for them)...on the other hand, these two sites, I just feel that I can actually make some use out of them...perhaps I'm wrong, but again there's only one way to find out, don't you think? ^^

another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told its just a poor man's TL but believe me its anything but that...its easily one of my fav trackers now and it was surprisingly easy to find as well...it was like a blessing in disguise yet even today the site is so heavily under-rated that its almost unbelievable

hope that answers your question

ca_aok
10-29-2009, 12:42 AM
SCT is definitely worth it depending on what you look for in a site. In its case, speed is the best part. Everyone has a seedbox, pre-times are about as fast as they get, and even old torrents will often max your download speed on a 100Mbit line. Also has the standard packs, etc.

The tracker being requested here, while different in a few key areas, is more similar to the one you just joined than SCT.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
well this has come as a bit of a surprise tbh because i really did get the feeling that FTN and SCT are similar (i mean i've seen many posts comparing the two yet none comparing FTN and FSC)...that said, if it is indeed similar to FSC (and is as good) then how come its not worth having?

also what does SCT have which makes it supposedly superior to FTN?

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 01:49 AM
wow i slept through half a day and i've got a barrage of posts here lol...all (fine most :P ) are really good responses though...and i seem to agree with most too...lemme go thru them anyways (sorry kushblow lol)

@The_Martinator...see, its just what I mean...I dunno much about these trackers other than what I read...and nowhere did it seem that FSC and FTN had much in common...after reading thru these posts though, I'm obviously wrong about that statement...as such, even though I would "eventually" like to get on FTN, it does seem I perhaps don't need it now...that said, I am now interested in PTM since a number of y'all seem to recommend it to me...would you say, its worth having for me?

also if I had indeed waited before making this request, I wouldnt've gotten this many replies now, would've I? ^^

@brightsid...it seems most people didn't get the meaning of why i wrote that...i was saying that I'll never request FTN over FSC (just not worded properly) and indeed I never did

@Funkin'...well without a question, FSC has become one of my fav trackers...irrespective of which other trackers I join, I'm def. gonna keep up with FSC so yeah, FSC is indeed awesome...that said, I always though there was much difference between FSC and FTN...but if there isn't (like you said)...well then that's a real shame

@IdolEyes...lol I was waiting for your reply...I kinda enjoy responding to you :P

aite so here goes:

see I didn't know (or couldn't tell) that FTN and FSC had so much in common...if I knew I def. wouldnt've requested it...I thought that instead FTN and SCT had much in common and that I had a better chance of getting into FTN than SCT (hence the request)...I also didn't realize that FTN had paid invites otherwise I probably wouldnt've bothered...also, like I've been saying...FSC is awesome...I'm just hoping to find another tracker that's awesome (even if not as good since I doubt any are that good)

also the way torrent sites are going, I don't think I make for a very good user tbh...I'm saying this because most sites seemingly would like to go paid...whereas, I've always been a little stiff when it comes to paying cash (there are sites I would happily do so for when I have the cash, with FSC being the latest addition but they are few and far between)...either way, I'm not on any of these paid sites so my comments are rather intangible in all truth (other than DT, but I joined there when it was open sign-up ages ago)

@ca_aok...well its just like I've been saying...as much as I would love to, clearly I can't please everyone...I will agree with you though that perhaps PTM is indeed what I'm truly looking for...again, I just don't know really because these mini-reviews where mostly the reviewer is complimenting these sites, hardly tell the real scenario regarding these trackers (i.e. if its worth having or not, or for that matter, what the site truly offers)

that said, I still think FTN is a good site to have...fine it perhaps has a lot more common with FSC than I realized but atleast my gut feeling tells me that there are still a number of things differentiating the two that they both can be worth having at the same time (I could be wrong though ofcourse)...and yeah, I'll perhaps end up getting into the site through FSC only...still doesn't hurt to ask here...besides if nothing else, I, at the very least, enjoyed this discussion (can't say everyone else did though - I'm looking at kushblow lol)

@forfos...indeed it is a hard one...if it wasn't...there wouldnt've been a 4-page discussion lol :P

and finally @kushblow (you are gonna hate me for this haha)

firstly, I dunno what's the orange you were mentioning...I do have a bad habit of rambling though (as you obviously wrote :P)

secondly, since you don't exactly want an answer to why I made this request (although I did mention earlier why I did) I won't bother replying to that either...still its nice knowing that you actually read through this thread (atleast partly) despite getting a headache from my posts lol

cheers everyone!

http://blog.pricelesswriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/walloftext.jpg

I'm just gonna agree with whatever you said there cause it seems sofistimicated :01:...

Oh btw I see back on page 1 you don't really know why you're requesting this. I heard sexy FTN people like confidence...

Seriously though if you're not sure why you're requesting it, and ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK since you got into a new tracker (hard to please people who want more after being invited to FSC :dry:), I wonder what's up. Sure you can keep continuing to reply to these posts, and people can continue knit-picking and dissecting all your posts, but

http://idolator.com/assets/images/idolator/2008/12/kanye_west-gal-products.jpg

IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT YOUR LAST REQ WAS THE BEST OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 02:08 AM
I understand that this ritual is important to maintain standards within (let's just call them) "sites that are preferable". However, here is a case where we have someone who is a plus to the community. He can add to a discussion-and does so. He can make an argument- and does so.. He can defend himself/a topic without getting upset- this thread, and the last one, are good examples of that.

So, we have someone who does not have a history of breaking community/site rules and he enjoys being a part of the community. In this case, is NEED really a factor for exclusion? When someone brings quality to the table, why not let him try out the site? No one will lose out, or get kicked off, because the guy gets a shot. This is one case where curiosity should be enough.

I am willing to bet that kool would not be the worst member that FTN ever had. :)

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
@kushblow...lol i don't really know how to answer that...at one point, you sound like you are complimenting me while the other you are obviously bashing me :P

what I will say though is not just me, I cannot think of anyone who would join a site such as FTN or even SCT (or any other site - unless its your first of the kind) as a NEED...FSC is unique in a lot of ways so it makes sense when I can provide very legitimate reasons for trying to get in there...you are right, I don't have any reasons nearly as strong to want to join FTN...but do I really "need" such reasons? is being a good user really not enough?...my posts generally make sense, I seed my stuff for ages...try my best to seed back what I take (i mean directly and not thru bonuses)...and really overall, don't create much of a hassle

tell me if i'm wrong but really does a tracker require anything more than that from a member?

@megabytme...thanks again for the support mate!...you've summarized everything i'm saying above (just in a more accurate and succinct way as you always do lol)...i'm trying to make the same point too...I think I have most of the qualities of being a good member...so really just because a tracker isn't "essential" to my requirements doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a chance (or for that matter anyone)

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 03:20 AM
FSC is unique in a lot of ways so it makes sense when I can provide very legitimate reasons for trying to get in there...you are right, I don't have any reasons nearly as strong to want to join FTN...but do I really "need" such reasons? is being a good user really not enough?...my posts generally make sense, I seed my stuff for ages...try my best to seed back what I take (i mean directly and not thru bonuses)...and really overall, don't create much of a hassle

tell me if i'm wrong but really does a tracker require anything more than that from a member?

Kind of paradoxical. You don't "need" such reasons but on the other hand you say you don't "need" FTN. I'm not bashing you, just stating my opinion. You are a good user and I have nothing against you, but believe me there are other good users here at FST, maybe not as capable of writing long replies like you but good nonetheless.

And also, why contradict yourself like you did with the quote?

oh and if you are indeed wondering then no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)

This baffles me, no explanation required. FSC is more useful for you (like it says), and you don't "need" FTN apparently. This is like when you finally get that hot girl you've been wanting, nail her for a week, and then proceed to cheat on her with another hot chick.

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 03:42 AM
This is like when you finally get that hot girl you've been wanting, nail her for a week, and then proceed to cheat on her with another hot chick.

:lol: This is BT. There is no monogamy here. You can bang 'em, you just can't trade 'em. :w00t:

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 04:10 AM
This is like when you finally get that hot girl you've been wanting, nail her for a week, and then proceed to cheat on her with another hot chick.

:lol: This is BT. There is no monogamy here. You can bang 'em, you just can't trade 'em. :w00t:

It's the principle :happy:.

I don't even think kool is legally authorized to request anything just a week after getting FSC. Unless he lives in Texas.

I wish you the best don't get me wrong, it's just that "i want" thing that throws me off. First it was FSC, now it's FTN, next week it's gonna be SCT. No you're probably not gonna request X tracker after getting X but how do I know since you already did that once? Sorry for being rather hostile but this is what FST did to me as well. FST. They turned me into this...thing. Ever since I don't eat, don't sleep, I just post random ass shit with a quirky twist on FST while pretending to look smart. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!

*rips of shirt hulk hogan style*

awaited
10-29-2009, 04:20 AM
hiya kooltilldend,you surely can write. I bet, you would always top the essay writing competitions held anywhere.:P

well on your request, as someone else in this thread stated that you are a good user to have at any tracker. If this was ur first request, this might have been filled by now(If i was staff, i would do it). But as you had another request for fsc a few weeks ago, that surely reduces your chances to get in. what doesnt seem legit that if you were geniunly looking to get into FSC due to their community, then what else do you need from ftn. If you are not sure what you need then why are going for the top tracker. you should try something like ptm, ptn, ptp. If they can't fulfill your needs then make a request, that due to blah blah..... i want ftn cuz i can find blah blah........ on those trackers.
It has been only a week that you got into FSC and you have 400 posts(according to a post in this thread). This also seems like a posting competition as if you were trying to prove something. Before your request for FSC you had approx 200 posts here at FST. but after that your post count is 2.5x . So was this all a set up for this ftn request. I surely doubt it.

and don't get me wrong that i am against this request, I was one of the users who wished you luck with your FSC request. but another request just after FSC, does raise some questions.

lol it cracked me up.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 04:23 AM
Kind of paradoxical. You don't "need" such reasons but on the other hand you say you don't "need" FTN. I'm not bashing you, just stating my opinion. You are a good user and I have nothing against you, but believe me there are other good users here at FST, maybe not as capable of writing long replies like you but good nonetheless.

And also, why contradict yourself like you did with the quote?

well there's an obvious misunderstanding here so lemme see if I can explain myself any better

when I say I don't need reasons...I'm not saying I don't need FTN...its not the same thing really...here's how

I'm saying I can offer a lot to FTN (and get back in vice versa)...however, until I join the site...I dunno what the site truly offers and as such, dunno how "useful" the site is for me - same statement holds true for all sites until you join them really...so no, perhaps I don't "need" the site...but I don't know that atm - if you know what I mean

also I'm not saying there are no other good users here...there most def. are...and perhaps some of them (if not all) deserve to be on sites like FTN, SCT, etc too...however, at the end of the day, we are on the internet and that too on a forum...so unless they can "talk" (or in this case "type"), they aren't doing themselves any favors

I already explained what I meant by that quote...that quote isn't saying I won't be requesting FTN (afterall, FTN - along with SCT are two of the trackers I would love to join eventually)...rather it was saying that I feel (from my understanding of what I read elsewhere) that I would be better off requesting FSC before I request FTN (which is what I did)...that's why, as you can check from my background...that was my 2nd FSC request, yet this is my first FTN request - i.e. I would've never requested FTN (or any other site for that matter) before I managed to get into FSC (where I'm a member now)

This baffles me, no explanation required. FSC is more useful for you (like it says), and you don't "need" FTN apparently. This is like when you finally get that hot girl you've been wanting, nail her for a week, and then proceed to cheat on her with another hot chick.

again, its not about I don't "need" FTN...I simply do not know at this point (nor does anyone else)...unless one joins a tracker, its impossible to tell how useful a tracker is for you (or for anyone else)

also I think the analogy you presented doesn't really work since I'm not leaving that hot girl (i.e. FSC), I'm just trying to hook up with more than one hot chick at a time (i.e. FTN, SCT) - something that practically everyone does in torrenting (I mean c'mon...who's a member of only "one" tracker?)

hiya kooltilldend,you surely can write. I bet, you would always top the essay writing competitions held anywhere.:P

well on your request, as someone else in this thread stated that you are a good user to have at any tracker. If this was ur first request, this might have been filled by now(If i was staff, i would do it). But as you had another request for fsc a few weeks ago, that surely reduces your chances to get in. what doesnt seem legit that if you were geniunly looking to get into FSC due to their community, then what else do you need from ftn. If you are not sure what you need then why are going for the top tracker. you should try something like ptm, ptn, ptp. If they can't fulfill your needs then make a request, that due to blah blah..... i want ftn cuz i can find blah blah........ on those trackers.
It has been only a week that you got into FSC and you have 400 posts(according to a post in this thread). This also seems like a posting competition as if you were trying to prove something. Before your request for FSC you had approx 200 posts here at FST. but after that your post count is 2.5x . So was this all a set up for this ftn request. I surely doubt it.

and don't get me wrong that i am against this request, I was one of the users who wished you luck with your FSC request. but another request just after FSC, does raise some questions.

hey mate! thanks for your response...in my reply, i'll admit you are partly right...you are partly wrong too though imo - here's where i feel you are:

yeah i can write a lot lol...i like writing poems so its a bit of a natural tendency to "go with the flow" lol

you just wrote that I'm a good user to be had at any tracker (assuming you believe that statement) - well if I am then why does it matter that I am a member of a site I joined recently? I could've joined another site recently through separate means and then made a request here too...no-one would've complaint then? (since no1 would've known you'd think)...just b'coz some1 was kind enough to invite me here should be irrespective to another site I'm requesting, don't you think? perhaps if the two had much in common then it would be a different story (I def. felt this was not the case before I read a few posts in this thread...now I kinda agree with y'all)

also you are right...I got into fsc for the community and tbh I couldn't be happier...I love the site, have already made a bunch of friends and really its one of the finest sites I'm a member of now...but again, what does that have to do with ftn? If ftn is as good as it supposedly is...then that just means, I have two wonderful sites that I'm a member of...anything wrong with that?...maybe if ftn too was all about community but it isn't, is it?

FTN, from my understanding, is about torrenting, scene, pre-times and so on...despite being a great site...none of these are the primary aspects of FSC (atleast most are not)...to me, that's enough reasons to want to join a very good site

now finally onto your point about my posting spree...if you checked properly, you would've seen I had hardly any (if any) posts after last Dec...that's because I graduated from uni back then and had been going through a bit of a nightmare...in all fairness, I still am but things are certainly somewhat better now...really my whole torrenting life had taken a backseat since last dec and only got better maybe a month or 2 ago

as for FSC's request...that came from seeing a request that was posted just before mine (something I mentioned there too)...in all truth, I didn't think it would get filled but thankfully it did...so I figured, it wouldn't hurt to try again...at worst, I won't get in...and well, its not like I am getting in any other manner anyways...hence this request

as for spamming...well I "am" a spammer (i.e. a big poster)...I have over 10k posts on another site, more than 1k on a large number of forums and had at one point posted over 1k posts in a single day!...i'm not trying to boast anything here...but am trying to explain why this sudden surge in my posts shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (and infact if things remain stable for me...this will def. become a norm rather than a random scene i promise)

Cabalo
10-29-2009, 06:00 AM
I was really avoiding posting at this thread, but I can't resist it any longer.

I will make only one question: why didn't you request Pretome instead of FTN ?
This is the 1.000.000€ question.

And it can be considered insulting requesting a very similar site to FSC only one week after. Because unlike you said, the sites are not really that different. Trust me, I'm a member at both. None of the reasons you stated previously apply. Be it either the pretimes, packs, community, etc. There simply isn't any reason. Whilst if you requested PTM i would understand, as their torrent count is 2x bigger than any of them.
This request I don't understand, neither does anyone else here.

brightsid
10-29-2009, 06:04 AM
My English are not perfect but I can understand the Lounge guys (at least I think so), I even laugh with their jokes so this isn't so hard

no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa) As mentioned you have every right to request, but I really don't like your excuses. But I'm not a possible invitee so you don't have to care for what I think. Not to mention that my only request was a big fail :P. I know why you are requesting because I've been where you are

A lot of good users supported your last request. Listen to their advices

sez
10-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Honestly your write too much.You aren't presenting anything new and I think the guy who caught you on your post count rush pretty much confirms my suspicions on the artificiality of this request(and perhaps the persona that you are presenting).

Only traders and collectors get into sites for no other reasons than having them so you may as well revert to the reasons you were pushing for earlier.

However,if you aren't any of the above,then you already have a site where if you focus on building friendship rather than post count,you have a real chance of being invited to ftn for this ''no other reason'' than wanting to be on the site simply because you have allowed somebody to know you that much.

The pecking order should be simple really,there are people still on 256k connections and while you may not see it,they are more meritorious of ftn than someone wanting to be on the site simply because it was number two on some list they created will ever be.

pone44
10-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Op, this is a debate not a request and all you are doing is bringing unnecessary attention to both sites by leaving this thread open! Your request has been seen, I am sure as it has gone 5-6 pages. everything you needed to say was said and the advice you "needed" was given. Why keep going? Letting members pick your words apart. Requesting 2 great sites in one week is a little much, no? Should be more than happy with the one!

Btw, I am not saying that you do not deserve this or anything along those lines. I just think this thread is going nowhere.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 06:58 AM
right so i'll make this the last post because what pone said is indeed true...that said i'll still respond to what's already here first

@cabalo...actually i was waiting for you to respond as well :P

firstly, I didn't know FTN and FSC are all that similar (I don't even need a site that's very similar to FSC - let alone request one so FTN being similar is nothing more than a surprise to me)...but since you are a member of both, I'll believe you...that said why do you think I should've requested PTM? (its the third time I've heard this name in this thread yet no reasons why its ok to request this tracker...please PM me if you don't mind responding - this also goes to everyone else btw)

@brightsid...your english is fine mate...and i understand what you are saying too (infact i understood soon after i read the first few posts - heck I understood as soon as the first person mentioned that FTN and FSC are very similar - something I admittedly did not know)

@sez...i already admitted i write too much lol...perhaps people don't want to read as much but i need to express myself before i can get my point across

other than that, i've already explained all of my reasons so if you think I want to join FTN because I'm a trader or a collector, well then I can't convince you otherwise either...I tried but clearly if you've already made up your mind, then my efforts are obviously futile

Is FTN is number two on my list? yeah it is...but the same FTN on prolly 95% of the members on the site ranks even lower...so if I were to actually give a "rank" then I'm obviously more deserving than about 95% of the members there (i'm not ranking it btw...just telling you how ranks would work)...

Also you are right, I don't have a "reason" (what is a reason anyways?) to be on FTN...I also do not have a "reason" to be here in the first place (nor do you actually) but I'm still here, ain't I? (and so are you)...my point is...a "reason" is nothing more than an excuse to cover up or butter people...I don't intend nor plan to do either and would rather get in to a site on my own terms and accomplishments (something I proudly achieved for FSC - and I promise to you, will do for FTN too)

Perhaps you are right though, I'll end up being invited there through FSC only...but its just as I said earlier, I wanted to try my luck here too...but maybe IdolEyes is right...you can't please everyone

Finally, whether those 256k connections are more deserving than me, I don't really know - nor care in all truth...because at the end of the day, I made this request - not them...the day they make this request and still don't get into the site...perhaps, we'll have another conversation of who's more deserving ^^

cheers!

@pone44...yeah I totally agree with you...it just didn't cross my mind to lock this thread...but now that you've mentioned it...I'll do just that

one last thing though, I really do appreciate all the talk that has occurred in here (both negative and positive)...whether I get in or not, we'll find out eventually anyways but for now, I appreciate this discussion nonetheless!

cheers fellas!

opened again on megabyteme's request ^^

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for unlocking the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

I find this request personally interesting because I have thought about requesting FTN myself. I haven't because it is really more of a curiosity than anything else. I have simply heard good things about it and would like to take a peek. I cannot make a much better argument than kool has.

It is also interesting to see members of both FSC and FTN (among others) post how unnecessary it is to be a member of both/multiple sites. Are all of these well known, and generally respected, members "collectors"? Is their membership "wasted"? I don't think anyone would call/consider them that. I certainly am not. In fact, I kinda expect that they have either been on, or are currently on, all of the "sites of scarcity".

So why is there resistance for someone like myself (assumably, since I have not asked) and kool who have had the good fortune of being accepted to FSC? If we are community members "in good standing" who occasionally add something to a conversation why should there be objection to us taking a look around?

I am not advocating an open door policy, or a "key to the BT kingdom", but this kind of gauntlet seems a bit excessive for someone who is known to be (at least a minor) contributor to the community. Don't most of us have the same curiosities? Since FSC does live up to the expectations placed upon it, how many others are equally good? FTN is one that has that reputation...

Totti
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for unlocking the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

I find this request personally interesting because I have thought about requesting FTN myself. I haven't because it is really more of a curiosity than anything else. I have simply heard good things about it and would like to take a peek. I cannot make a much better argument than kool has.

It is also interesting to see members of both FSC and FTN (among others) post how unnecessary it is to be a member of both/multiple sites. Are all of these well known, and generally respected, members "collectors"? Is their membership "wasted"? I don't think anyone would call/consider them that. I certainly am not. In fact, I kinda expect that they have either been on, or are currently on, all of the "sites of scarcity".

So why is there resistance for someone like myself (assumably, since I have not asked) and kool who have had the good fortune of being accepted to FSC? If we are community members "in good standing" who occasionally add something to a conversation why should there be objection to us taking a look around?

I am not advocating an open door policy, or a "key to the BT kingdom", but this kind of gauntlet seems a bit excessive for someone who is known to be (at least a minor) contributor to the community. Don't most of us have the same curiosities? Since FSC does live up to the expectations placed upon it, how many others are equally good? FTN is one that has that reputation...

I will have to agree with you m8 i know that allot of the "good members" are part of multiple high ranked sites and yet if you are a member of on such FSC you do not have the right in there eye to make another request for another rare site. It always seemed to be a little hypocritical to me and makes me ask "what makes you different from the persin making the request"

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 10:00 AM

I will have to agree with you m8 i know that allot of the "good members" are part of multiple high ranked sites and yet if you are a member of on such FSC you do not have the right in there eye to make another request for another rare site. It always seemed to be a little hypocritical to me and makes me ask "what makes you different from the persin making the request"

How could this be remedied? Could we still allow members to bring forth the "evidence" against the Requester? Could be give them their say against such "accusations" Would they be allowed BT counselors? for their defense?

The ultimate decisions would be made by a committee of BT site owners.

I think this would be interesting...:D

Thoughts? (and BTW, if you ignore this one, I am OK with it), however, do give my previous post some thought. Something does need to change.

Totti
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM

How could this be remedied? Could we still allow members to bring forth the "evidence" against the Requester? Could be give them their say against such "accusations" Would they be allowed BT counselors? for their defense?

The ultimate decisions would be made by a committee of BT site owners.

I think this would be interesting...:D

Thoughts? (and BTW, if you ignore this one, I am OK with it), however, do give my previous post some thought. Something does need to change.

It's a catch 22.... respected members are part of almost every community and they don't look at them self's in a negative aspect (of course) and yet new comers are frowned upon (in some cases rightfully so). The only way of this changing is looking at each request differently in my opinion no otherway.
Opening up a BT jury..... I joked about that in my fsc request not possible really but it could fix some problems i guess

sez
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi mbm,long time no chat :P.
Well i'll speak assuming that you are responsible for his fsc membership.In logic they'll say that its ok then for us to assume that perhaps your views on him are subjective,no?.

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.Slymester would find more than a dozen contradictions in his stories if he was to dig through his post history.

Why wouldn't he have just said from the onset that I want to be on ftn because I don't know why I want to be on ftn?

It would have been ridiculous but at least it would have saved him the lies.

@kooltilldend,the difference between your ftn request and eram's sct request,is that he didn't lie unlike yours which has all the lookings of a chasing hit and runner(smart of you to avoid the post count question by the way).

Never assume entitlement by the way and am really hoping that this bucket list wasn't made with such in mind.

awaited
10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
hey mate! thanks for your response...in my reply, i'll admit you are partly right...you are partly wrong too though imo - here's where i feel you are:

yeah i can write a lot lol...i like writing poems so its a bit of a natural tendency to "go with the flow" lol

you just wrote that I'm a good user to be had at any tracker (assuming you believe that statement) - well if I am then why does it matter that I am a member of a site I joined recently? I could've joined another site recently through separate means and then made a request here too...no-one would've complaint then? (since no1 would've known you'd think)...just b'coz some1 was kind enough to invite me here should be irrespective to another site I'm requesting, don't you think? perhaps if the two had much in common then it would be a different story (I def. felt this was not the case before I read a few posts in this thread...now I kinda agree with y'all)

also you are right...I got into fsc for the community and tbh I couldn't be happier...I love the site, have already made a bunch of friends and really its one of the finest sites I'm a member of now...but again, what does that have to do with ftn? If ftn is as good as it supposedly is...then that just means, I have two wonderful sites that I'm a member of...anything wrong with that?...maybe if ftn too was all about community but it isn't, is it?

FTN, from my understanding, is about torrenting, scene, pre-times and so on...despite being a great site...none of these are the primary aspects of FSC (atleast most are not)...to me, that's enough reasons to want to join a very good site

now finally onto your point about my posting spree...if you checked properly, you would've seen I had hardly any (if any) posts after last Dec...that's because I graduated from uni back then and had been going through a bit of a nightmare...in all fairness, I still am but things are certainly somewhat better now...really my whole torrenting life had taken a backseat since last dec and only got better maybe a month or 2 ago

as for FSC's request...that came from seeing a request that was posted just before mine (something I mentioned there too)...in all truth, I didn't think it would get filled but thankfully it did...so I figured, it wouldn't hurt to try again...at worst, I won't get in...and well, its not like I am getting in any other manner anyways...hence this request

as for spamming...well I "am" a spammer (i.e. a big poster)...I have over 10k posts on another site, more than 1k on a large number of forums and had at one point posted over 1k posts in a single day!...i'm not trying to boast anything here...but am trying to explain why this sudden surge in my posts shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (and infact if things remain stable for me...this will def. become a norm rather than a random scene i promise)

so you are wanting to go into ftn cuz of their scene/pretimes? If so have you done some digging on, what ftn offers. if it was just for scene,pretimes, why wasn't ur request for scc or stn(new tracker open for signups and has better pretimes than ftn). you just requested ftn becuz it is rarer. I certainly c no problem of you being invited to ftn , eventually it will happen.

having 10k posts is truly a great achievement, hats off( if you combine all my posts on every single forum, you will beat them by a huge margin.)

btw, how long have you been torrenting?

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Well i'll speak assuming that you are responsible for his fsc membership.In logic they'll say that its ok then for us to assume that perhaps your views on him are subjective,no?.

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.Slymester would find more than a dozen contradictions in his stories if he was to dig through his post history.

Why wouldn't he have just said from the onset that I want to be on ftn because I don't know why I want to be on ftn?

@kooltilldend,the difference between your ftn request and eram's sct request,is that he didn't lie unlike yours which has all the lookings of a chasing hit and runner(smart of you to avoid the post count question by the way).

Never assume entitlement by the way and am really hoping that this bucket list wasn't made with such in mind.
wow its incredible how much stuff you can "assume" without knowing

firstly, the only part mbm has inviting me is that he vouched for me on the other thread (like some 10 others)...he didn't invite me but i respect the fact that he vouched for me (just like i respect you criticizing me too albeit i hate the fact that you have made multiple baseless assumptions and criticisms against me)

so you are telling me that i'm lying in this thread, right? care to explain how or where I'm lying?...also a hit n runner is someone who doesn't seed his torrents after leeching...what has that got to do with this thread, I'll never know (fyi I seed torrents for months...if that's a hit n runner then umm yeah i dunno what to say)

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself...something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree

have a good day ^^

so you are wanting to go into ftn cuz of their scene/pretimes? If so have you done some digging on, what ftn offers. if it was just for scene,pretimes, why wasn't ur request for scc or stn(new tracker open for signups and has better pretimes than ftn). you just requested ftn becuz it is rarer. I certainly c no problem of you being invited to ftn , eventually it will happen.

having 10k posts is truly a great achievement, hats off( if you combine all my posts on every single forum, you will beat them by a huge margin.)

btw, how long have you been torrenting?
@sez...see this is a criticism based post but yet its one that makes a lot more sense than yours...he clearly read what i wrote and is responding accordingly...and for that i do respect him

@awaited...no i don't want to get into the site for pre-times or scene stuff...i had mentioned this earlier too but I've already been on scl and scc in the past and neither site was for me...so no, scene stuff doesn't really interest nor impress me...i only used those 2-3 things i mentioned as examples of what ftn seems to be about (and sct is def. about - but i want sct for different reasons such as the packs, etc)

so then why do i want to get into ftn? well other than the community aspect (which btw i only found in a post a day or two ago)...no real reason tbh (even the community aspect is a weak reason i agree...since fsc does wonders for me there)...my real reason to join is no bigger than what megabyte wrote (incredibly well written btw..i'm kinda expecting that from him now though :P)...it may seem nonsensical for a reason but i feel its more than legitimate than a lot of stuff/reasons i've seen here...besides again, there's no real way to assess a site until one actually joins it and sees for themselves (surely everyone agrees with at least this much)

p.s. i forgot to answer one of your q's...i started torrenting about 6 years back...i joined my first private tracker (one of the biggies nowadays infact) in April 2004...I had been using public torrents for about an year before that...while I had been using Soulseek, Shareaza before that (Morpheus before that and the one and only Napster in the very start) - also used Emule and Limewire temporarily fairly recently but I'm more or less addicted to torrents now

oh and also those 10k posts came on the site that I joined in April '04...I had absolutely 0 posts till 05 though (as I only used the tracker) but then I went to the states in 05 and had at least 7k of those 10k posts in less than an year (none of this was rubbish spam btw...since if there's one thing I'm proud of then that would be the fact that my posts make complete sense (they get winded up often though since i start talking in separate tangents)...I went on a hiatus for around 6months in late 06 (again a lot of real life issues) and then joined one of my fav trackers in 07 (which I even staffed temporarily)...and well, the rest is history

IdolEyes787
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
the thread, kool. I do think there is still something worth discussing here...

The only person that I can speak for is myself and all I can say is that I was invited to FTN long before FSC and the reason that I sought an invite on FSC was that the community on FTN , which I thought skewed kind of young for me wasn't giving me what I wanted. I hoped for something different from FSC , which to a slight degree I achieved .It's also the same reason that in time I looked beyond FSC.
I see now though that one 0day site's community isn't much different from another and the best that you can hope for is good staff and a few decent people to talk to.
Therefore like most people in my situation I've steadily been reducing the number of general sites that belong to because unless you truly are in it for the e-p what is the point?
That said even as I advise against it as being ultimately fruitless I don't "blame" anyone for wanting to check things out on other sites.

Notice I haven't mentioned torrents up to this point because if that was all that really mattered everyone would belong to one site and we'd all be one great big happy family waiting for the Feds to bust us.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Therefore like most people in my situation I've steadily been reducing the number of general sites that belong to because unless you truly are in it for the e-p what is the point?
there's none, i agree (i haven't yet reached your situation though as there's still 2 sites I would like to visit before I start trimming)

That said even as I advise against it as being ultimately fruitless I don't "blame" anyone for wanting to check things out on other sites.precisely my point

Notice I haven't mentioned torrents up to this point because if that was all that really mattered everyone would belong to one site and we'd all be one great big happy family waiting for the Feds to bust us.a scenario already seen by numerous sites upto now (mostly public but its the same thing)

really there's little more that needs to be said...i'll still keep this thread open though since perhaps some more might want to chip in with the discussion started by megabyteme...that said, i also urge everyone to please not talk about my request anymore as pone44 rightly said...my request has already reached to those whom it truly matters to while, everyone else's opinion (including mine) mean little more than dirt at this point

p.s. perhaps a mod can change the thread title, remove the extra "flab", start this thread from megabytme's post and move this to the legitimate section as well)

cheers!

Funkin'
10-29-2009, 02:12 PM
another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told it's a poor man's TL

Whoever told you that obviously isn't very bright. And that's a fact. ;)

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
another thing is you see I wasn't sure what I'll find in a tracker like IPT when I joined it...I mean I was told it's a poor man's TL

Whoever told you that obviously isn't very bright. And that's a fact. ;)
well this was ages ago mind you...IPT was still very much growing (still is but wasn't growing as well back then)...imo IPT actually surpasses TL now...or even if it doesn't...its very very close to doing so

p.s. he still wasn't very bright though i suppose :P

sez
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
wow its incredible how much stuff you can "assume" without knowing
I thought that was the whole point of the internet :unsure:

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself..
Well I haven't seen it and your posts are just too long to re-read,I won't mind if you quote it though.

something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree
well if I haven't been reading your posts then how on earth would I know that you are being repetitive?

PS-I've re-read your request again but am yet to see anything to convince me that am wrong(and ca_aok,you were indeed right about these kind of requests)
Probably another long post but what's your take on pre-times?

ca_aok
10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
The only person that I can speak for is myself and all I can say is that I was invited to FTN long before FSC and the reason that I sought an invite on FSC was that the community on FTN , which I thought skewed kind of young for me wasn't giving me what I wanted. I hoped for something different from FSC , which to a slight degree I achieved .It's also the same reason that in time I looked beyond FSC.
I see now though that one 0day site's community isn't much different from another and the best that you can hope for is good staff and a few decent people to talk to.
That said even as I advise against it as being ultimately fruitless I don't "blame" anyone for wanting to check things out on other sites.

Notice I haven't mentioned torrents up to this point because if that was all that really mattered everyone would belong to one site and we'd all be one great big happy family waiting for the Feds to bust us.
I agree 100%. Although I joined F*N after F*C it was mostly for curiosity's sake and as a backup (I tend to worry about takedowns, which is a good thing given some recent events). I also agree that the communities on many 0-day sites are similar, and that the staff are a huge part of the site itself. I find those two sites have quite a different feel from the typical 0-day sites (the larger ones) which seem to be populated by a bunch of angsty 13 year olds.

I usually prefer the communities on exclusive content sites (movies or music for example) because they usually stimulate a different style of discussion. It really depends on what the members make of their respective sites though.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought that was the whole point of the internet :unsure:

and where did i avoid the post count q? i already answered it...hell i gave a very in-depth response to that...you are the one who didn't read and expect me to repeat myself..
Well I haven't seen it and your posts are just too long to re-read,I won't mind if you quote it though.

something i plain refuse to do (since you aren't willing to read my responses in the first place anyways)...in short, you've made up your mind and have left me no choice but to merely agree to disagree
well if I haven't been reading your posts then how on earth would I know that you are being repetitive?

PS-I've re-read your request again but am yet to see anything to convince me that am wrong(and ca_aok,you were indeed right about these kind of requests)
Probably another long post but what's your take on pre-times?
fine I'll reply to this...but please let this be the last post on my request...I'm kinda done with it (no its not fulfilled yet if you are wondering but that's ok)...the only reason this thread is open is because I found megabyte's discussion interesting and I would rather read more responses to that (i've had enough on my request anyways)

anyways here goes (and this is not a copy-paste from before either):

the reason for the sudden surge in my posts is nothing out of the blue...if you'd look thru my post history properly, you'll see my posts have declined considerably since dec 08 (that's when i graduated and tbh was going thru a bit of personal trauma - am still recovering but things are def. looking up now)...so yeah, most of my posts have been more since the last month or two...also most of these posts were in the bittorrent section (that was until cabalo suggested me to be active elsewhere too - hence why my posts are everywhere nowadays)

as for my FSC request...as I said in that very request, it came totally after seeing another request that came a few days before mine did...I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my luck after seeing that request and so I made the FSC request and quite frankly, much to my surprise, it actually got filled

and that's where the FTN request comes in as well...since the FSC one got filled, I figured I'd try my luck with FTN too...since its the only way I can think of to get in there (i.e. not making this request wouldnt've gotten me anywhere anyways - regardless of whether this is successful as well or not)

and finally, seeing that I went on a posting spree lately shouldn't come as a surprise to you (or to anyone else for that matter) since I personally love posting and have been doing so for a long long time (I have over 10k posts on one particular site for instance)...on the contrary, if things remain stable in my life, you'll def. see me posting this much more often than not

cheers!

p.s. as for your q about pre-times...the only good thing about them is that it tells me that something new has been posted and could potentially be something I've been looking out for...whether its been posted 1 sec after its pre-time or an hr, I couldn't care less (if its say maybe a day or two later then that's a different story)

can we please stick with megabyte's topic now? if you wanna respond to me or criticize me further or w/e else (which btw is fine with me)...can we please take it to PM's since I def. agree with pone44 that these sites really do not need any further unnecessary attention

Cabalo
10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I was really avoiding posting at this thread, but I can't resist it any longer.

I will make only one question: why didn't you request Pretome instead of FTN ?
This is your 1.000.000€ moment of truth.

My question still stands unanswered. I'm pretty sure that with very little digging out you can get all the info about PTM.
I'll advance some details:

PTM's torrent count is 45k, against 10k at the other site
Members at PTM 19k against 4,5K
Forums way more active at PTM, which was to be expected since they have an higher number of members.
Both are ratioless.
Both site's speeds maximize your connection easily.
PTM's pretimes are fair square with the other sites, many times even beating them, as you can easily check at trac3.me

Now, why would you prefer FTN over PTM? Are you going to say because they are all the same, but you prefer smaller communities? Well buddy, i've got news for you, you just joined the best torrent community one week ago.

I'm eagerly awaiting for your point of view.

http://umennet.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/moment-truth01.jpg
Too much text on this thread, time for some pics.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
lol @ the pic comment

as for your q...i don't really have an answer tbh...smaller communities are indeed nicer but as you also said, ain't nothing beating FSC (i agree!)

anyways why didn't I request PTM? well you just posted a lot of useful info that I simply did not know before (never even heard much about PTM hence the no-research on my part)...would it be ok if I requested PTM now though? :P

I'll still insist however...FTN intrigues me...maybe its the name, maybe its because I've heard about the place so often...I can't put my finger on what it is...but its just something about the site (well I don't even know that since I'm not there)

one thing you said though is very true...FTN is perhaps more of a curiosity factor whereas, PTM may actually be genuinely good for me...you know what, I'll be sure to make my next request PTM...it sounds like a hidden gem like IPT (which is exactly what I look for in a "tracker" - FSC's not a "tracker" for me so it doesn't count...its a "community" btw for those wondering)

newyork
10-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Well I can't say that he doesn't enjoy FSC. He has shown great dedication towards the site. But I kinda agree with the ones who think that requesting FTN so short after getting another request filled is pretty stupid in many ways.

Did you think that just because your FSC-request got filled that you might as well try for FTN, somehow thinking that your chances are really good for it to get filled aswell?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't dislike in any way. Quite the opposite. But I have to ask you the same question as Cabalo.

Can't say that I don't want you to get what you want. So good luck I guess.

Cabalo
10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
you don't need to request PTM, i'll personally invite you.
just close this, imo.

TrollinThunder
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
FTN was my favorite site for a long time but I don't think it is really worthwhile and I haven't spent much time there in the last 6+ months. Based on the fact that the sysop posted a question about why users reached the then highest user class and stopped using the site, I assume many folks do the same. There are a few hardcore oldschool folks who all are pretty cool as are the staffers.

But for the last year or so it seems the only people joining are a bunch of seedbox whoring, avatar requesting, nonsense spamming kids.

PTM is a freakin awesome site. It is probably one of the best out there right now.

n00bz0r
10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
please spare us the spam on the 'intro thread' if you do get in.. :frusty:
:dabs:

deadalive1
10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
please spare us the spam on the 'intro thread' if you do get in.. :frusty:
:dabs:
LMAO too funny :lol:

IdolEyes787
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
But for the last year or so it seems the only people joining are a bunch of seedbox whoring, avatar requesting, nonsense spamming kids.

Name me a tracker that isn't like that ?
To be fair though probably the older members thought that we were/are a bunch of tards when we joined.
I think most people really have to be on a site and contribute for a while before they feel confident enough to not just post in the spam threads.

As for the ratio whoring sadly most people get invited to trackers based on fact they have uploaded TBs somewhere else and when are then "rewarded" for being a cawk they don't have any incentive to stop.
I've actually complained about certain douches places, like this guy at a site I use a lot who never downloads anything but is always "helping out" with his box on torrents .

In a case like his I 'd boot him off , molest his mother and kick his dog .Or maybe the other way around depending what his dog looks like.

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.

Hi sez!

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding to this, but I am waking from a VERY restful night of sleep involving Ambien and Lunesta. I am writing this through one very grog filled head...

I can see why someone would see me as a champion of kool. And even, perhaps, the one who invited him on FSC. Actually, I had nothing to do with the first. I read the thread, but only participated in response to a funny comment made by KushBlow...

http://i37.tinypic.com/2u6mhqb.jpg

During the FSC thread, I remained neutral- if not disinterested.

As I mentioned in my last post (the one requesting kool's reopening of the thread), I find this personally interesting. There are many of us who are (dare I say) trusted, or at least known in the community who refrain from "having a look around" or trying new "elite sites" because we don't want to face such a long, drawn out trial (for a lack of a better word, but I think it is fairly accurate).

The invite process becomes a popularity contest or a reasoning skills challenge, rather than a security device or quality filter.

kool seems like a good guy and I appreciate his efforts on this site and FSC. He has involved himself in a lot of the different clubs there and has brought some new life. However, I do not know him. He is not on my friend's lists (yet) and we have only crossed posts occasionally on FSC.

He is, however, in the exact same spot I would find myself in if I got so "bold" as to request FTN. I have pondered this for a while now. Instead of getting a quick reply that says, "Welcome, I hope you enjoy the site!" there would be 5+ pages of questions, drama, and suspicions. And why? kool and I show no risk to the site in any way. We are contributors, are usually friendly (although I still hate that BrianH guy...Grrrr!), and bring something to the table. Neither of us engage in any of the BT taboos- trading, buying/selling, etc.

So I want to know (and this is why I asked for the thread to be reopened) what is it that "the jury" is hoping to accomplish by keeping suitable members out of desirable sites? There is no real shortage of space. The servers can handle at least one or two more of us. Heck, we can even sit in the living room with a folding card table for Thanksgiving dinner. :naughty:

Honestly, there is no such thing as scarcity here. Why look for reasons to exclude "members in good standing"?

Totti
10-29-2009, 05:57 PM

Personally I don't have a problem with him nor do I care if someone sees the good in inviting him.But one thing that has thrown me off about all this is the utter dishonesty and the fact that he refuses to acknowledge it.

Hi sez!

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding to this, but I am waking from a VERY restful night of sleep involving Ambien and Lunesta. I am writing this through one very grog filled head...

I can see why someone would see me as a champion of kool. And even, perhaps, the one who invited him on FSC. Actually, I had nothing to do with the first. I read the thread, but only participated in response to a funny comment made by KushBlow...

http://i37.tinypic.com/2u6mhqb.jpg

During the FSC thread, I remained neutral- if not disinterested.

As I mentioned in my last post (the one requesting kool's reopening of the thread), I find this personally interesting. There are many of us who are (dare I say) trusted, or at least known in the community who refrain from "having a look around" or trying new "elite sites" because we don't want to face such a long, drawn out trial (for a lack of a better word, but I think it is fairly accurate).

The invite process becomes a popularity contest or a reasoning skills challenge, rather than a security device or quality filter.

kool seems like a good guy and I appreciate his efforts on this site and FSC. He has involved himself in a lot of the different clubs there and has brought some new life. However, I do not know him. He is not on my friend's lists (yet) and we have only crossed posts occasionally on FSC.

He is, however, in the exact same spot I would find myself in if I got so "bold" as to request FTN. I have pondered this for a while now. Instead of getting a quick reply that says, "Welcome, I hope you enjoy the site!" there would be 5+ pages of questions, drama, and suspicions. And why? kool and I show no risk to the site in any way. We are contributors, are usually friendly (although I still hate that BrianH guy...Grrrr!), and bring something to the table. Neither of us engage in any of the BT taboos- trading, buying/selling, etc.

So I want to know (and this is why I asked for the thread to be reopened) what is it that "the jury" is hoping to accomplish by keeping suitable members out of desirable sites? There is no real shortage of space. The servers can handle at least one or two more of us. Heck, we can even sit in the living room with a folding card table for Thanksgiving dinner. :naughty:

Honestly, there is no such thing as scarcity here. Why look for reasons to exclude "members in good standing"?

Well said megabyteme i think that if a member is social and shows potential on one "top site" is "trusted" and doesn't break the rules then there should be no reason for him not be part of another top site community if it is for back up variety or just the hell of seeing what all the talk's about in the specific tracker to the OP if you do get in then gl and enjoy both sites that you are part of

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
damn this thread just doesn't die lol...and what's more it keeps coming back to me...and as y'all should know by now...if it involves me, I simply must respond :P

so here goes:

@newyork...you are right...its too early to request anything...but like I said, I was merely trying my luck tbh...doesn't hurt to do that, does it?...besides as megabyte says...its not about "when" i requested, its about "what" i requested along with "why" i requested...and in that sense, I have no sugar-coated answer that will satisfy everyone (just like megabyte doesn't)

@cabalo...you are still too awesome hehe...thanks mate!

as for this thread...i'll still let it go...I'm loving the convo's (don't care so much about the invite anymore though)

@TrollinThunder...thanks for that info!...that said, I doubt there's any trackers out there (again excluding FSC - or perhaps even FSC to an extent) that don't have that kind of spamming going on among them...still even if FTN manages to "rank" second "only" to FSC...that's not a very bad tracker to be on, is it? ^^

@n00bz0r...lol i doubt i'd get in after the chaos this thread has created...and heck even if I did...I never spam the intro thread :P

@IdolEyes...if it helps, I have another thing going in my favor then lol...I have only hit 1TB on one site and there too, its 1TB d/l'ed against 900+gb u/l'ed (so yeah although that's something that goes in my favors...as one staffer once mentioned, I'm rubbish at maintaining the high ratios lol...despite admittedly seeding for seemingly ages)

@megabyteme...dude you are too awesome....really, I don't have words to tell how fookin' brilliant you are at expressing opinions...I'm really impressed honestly...mind if I become friends with you? (msn, yahoo, etal)

cheers dude...you really helped a lot in this thread since you are absolutely wicked at explaining things (and i'm absolutely rubbish lol)

@Totti..thanks for the support mate...I'll vouch for megabyteme too though if he ever intends/does request FTN...and ofcourse if I'm there (that's a pretty darn big if though lol) and have requests (even more unlikely :P) then you know who I'll be inviting (if he still needs an invitation - which I genuinely doubt)

cheers fellas!

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
@megabyteme...dude you are too awesome....really, I don't have words to tell how fookin' brilliant you are at expressing opinions...I'm really impressed honestly...mind if I become friends with you? (msn, yahoo, etal)

cheers dude...you really helped a lot in this thread since you are absolutely wicked at explaining things (and i'm absolutely rubbish lol)

Sorry, kool. All of my friends can get on FTN...

j/k- friend's req will be sent momentarily. :happy:

And thanks for the kind words! I try to make a variety of post qualities- apparently we are at the peak of the sine wave, however, I will soon plummet into completely indecipherable rubbish and rest there for months, if not years. Ever read "Flowers for Algernon"?...:P

Totti
10-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Sorry, kool. All of my friends can get on FTN...

j/k- friend's req will be sent momentarily. :happy:

And thanks for the kind words! I try to make a variety of post qualities- apparently we are at the peak of the sine wave, however, I will soon plummet into completely indecipherable rubbish and rest there for months, if not years. Ever read "Flowers for Algernon"?...:P

I Read the book ! it must be one of the only books that brought tears to my eyes at the end. i read it 8 years ago at least but if you clam to have his brilliance at the peak of his wave you are one smart fella :P

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
if I could read books then perhaps I would've been writing brilliant narratives like you keep doing lol (in short, books make me dizzy...yes I know I'm missing out on a LOT but I just can't help it - every chance goes futile really)

still waiting on the request ^^ (and also waiting on the invite - at Cabalo :P)

megabyteme
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I Read the book ! it must be one of the only books that brought tears to my eyes at the end. i read it 8 years ago at least but if you clam to have his brilliance at the peak of his wave you are one smart fella :P

Sorry you missed it, Totti. It was really something to behold. All I can do now is show you one dramatic contrast. :D

Totti
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
i think we have enough people here that can show us the other spectrum of knowledge :o

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
lol some may have even graced this thread perhaps...but don't quote me on that...i didn't say anything :whistling

TrollinThunder
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM

Name me a tracker that isn't like that ?
To be fair though probably the older members thought that we were/are a bunch of tards when we joined.
I think most people really have to be on a site and contribute for a while before they feel confident enough to not just post in the spam threads.

As for the ratio whoring sadly most people get invited to trackers based on fact they have uploaded TBs somewhere else and when are then "rewarded" for being a cawk they don't have any incentive to stop.
I've actually complained about certain douches places, like this guy at a site I use a lot who never downloads anything but is always "helping out" with his box on torrents .

In a case like his I 'd boot him off , molest his mother and kick his dog .Or maybe the other way around depending what his dog looks like.

You're right. I have not found a tracker that is really different. I think PTM is better than average on that score (and others) but there are still plenty of losers watching how fast their upload speed is.

OMFG I hate the "I'll help seed this on each of my shared three gigabyte boxes" types. Then when they posts proofs for the next invite you see they are literally cross seeding the same file across 7 different 0day sites. There are tons of these kids on FTN.

I totally acknowledge that I was a bittard just a year ago in terms of not appreciating what I was given and what I could learn from older members. I don't think I was like that though. Besides I just happened to grow up in my personal life so I'm not anything like that now.

sez
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
http://umennet.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/moment-truth01.jpg
Too much text on this thread, time for some pics.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8100000/Season-2-Promotional-Poster-lie-to-me-8169816-1010-1500.jpg

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
gawd some people can never be convinced pshhhhhh

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
oh and if you are indeed wondering then no I won't be requesting FTN anytime soon either since I feel FSC is more useful for me (and vice versa)I already explained what I meant by that quote...that quote isn't saying I won't be requesting FTN (afterall, FTN - along with SCT are two of the trackers I would love to join eventually)...rather it was saying that I feel (from my understanding of what I read elsewhere) that I would be better off requesting FSC before I request FTN (which is what I did)...that's why, as you can check from my background...that was my 2nd FSC request, yet this is my first FTN request - i.e. I would've never requested FTN (or any other site for that matter) before I managed to get into FSC (where I'm a member now)

This baffles me, no explanation required. FSC is more useful for you (like it says), and you don't "need" FTN apparently. This is like when you finally get that hot girl you've been wanting, nail her for a week, and then proceed to cheat on her with another hot chick.again, its not about I don't "need" FTN...I simply do not know at this point (nor does anyone else)...unless one joins a tracker, its impossible to tell how useful a tracker is for you (or for anyone else)

Uh, yeah it is. I think I even see the exact same words in there.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee142/Poogles-/oyou.jpg

sez
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
@kooltilldend,what state did you graduate?I know its in the south :P

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:29 PM
I think I also stated that I didn't write it properly so I really have no clue what exactly you are trying to state here? besides even if I did request the site after saying I won't (which again I never intended to do - but let's presume I did)...so? just 'coz I am requesting a tracker - which btw I already mentioned that I would love to join (along with SCT - here, I'm saying it right now only so next time - whenever that is - I request SCT - you don't come back to me saying the same thing)...I'm a collector? (I'm obviously not a trader so let's not even tread down that path)...umm ok...you wanna know something else? I'll tell you this since you obviously cannot be convinced (along with a certain somebody else)...I'm a member of around 30 trackers...yup I am...agreed I only use a very selective few but I do have accounts on about 30 (give or take a few)...most of they are bound to be disabled by inactivity but I'm sure you don't care about that so yeah, feel free to take me as a collector...even though, I merely want to join (and keep) the sites which I know are actually worth keeping for me one comment for you though...if you cannot back up your statement (and you can't...repeating the same thing isn't offering any proof whatsoever)...please don't bother to diss someone for no apparent reason - you know me as well as anyone else here does...yet you are the only person who thinks I'm a collector here (ok maybe one more person does)...but on the contrary, there's some 10-20 odd who don't feel the same way...I think its obvious which opinion gets the higher evaluation cheers!

Funkin'
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Glad you're getting into PTM instead koolit. I personally think it's a better tracker than the one you're requesting. I don't know about the staff at PTM since I haven't chatted with any. But for content(which there's a shit load of, I use it for 0day music a lot), speeds, and forum activity, it's excellent. And there are some real characters in the forums. It's just an all around nice place.

You're still going to want into FTN though, as you're curious. But you can't be blamed for that, considering the level of hype that surrounds that tracker. Most members there registered because they were curious about one thing or another that they read about FTN. Why do you think most of the "popular" or "good" members in the bt community are members of every "F" site out there and then some. Because of the hype. So I personally feel there's no need to criticize you for making this request.

TrollinThunder
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I would totally invite you if I had an invite. I don't know you well. I don't care that you just popped back in this month after a year long hiatus. I don't care that you got into FSC a week ago. I don't care if you would even like FTN. I'm just saying.

Funkin, as usual, is absolutely right. Definitely one of the best posters around here.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
@kushblow...I think I also stated that I didn't write it properly so I really have no clue what exactly you are trying to state here? besides even if I did request the site after saying I won't (which again I never intended to do - but let's presume I did)...so? just 'coz I am requesting a tracker - which btw I already mentioned that I would love to join (along with SCT - here, I'm saying it right now only so next time - whenever that is - I request SCT - you don't come back to me saying the same thing)...I'm a collector? (I'm obviously not a trader so let's not even tread down that path)...umm ok... you wanna know something else? I'll tell you this since you obviously cannot be convinced (along with a certain somebody else)...I'm a member of around 30 trackers...yup I am...agreed I only use a very selective few but I do have accounts on about 30 (give or take a few)...most of they are bound to be disabled by inactivity but I'm sure you don't care about that so yeah, feel free to take me as a collector (you have even more proof now! w00t! yeah right)...even though, I merely want to join (and keep) the sites which I know are actually worth keeping for me one comment for you though...if you cannot back up your statement (and you can't...repeating the same thing isn't offering any proof whatsoever)...please don't bother to diss someone for no apparent reason - you know me as well as anyone else here does...yet you are the only person who thinks I'm a collector here (ok maybe one more person does)...but on the contrary, there's some 10-20 odd who don't feel the same way...I think its obvious which opinion gets the higher evaluation cheers! @sez...wow so now you are gonna start dissing my uni just b'coz you clearly don't believe me (something I'm starting to not really care about btw - as I'm sure you feel the same way for my opinions)...that's ok though...if you really wanna know, I graduated from LSU...yeah its full of "illiterates"...feel free to bash it *rolls eyes*

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
besides even if I did request the site after saying I won't (which again I never intended to do - but let's presume I did)...so?

After researching for 48 minutes on the interwebs I came to the conclusion that this abnormality is called a "lie", also know as "falsity", and the street term is "bullshit". I'm solo atm so my sources can't verify the validity of this.

I didn't call you a collector or diss you or anything, unless quoting you and saying you said something when you said you didn't is dissing. Pssh, those sensitive Pisces. Furthermore FSC members could be insulted by this (don't ask me how, I have no fucking clue), according to Rambo (Cabalo), if I read him correctly. Then again, that's almost impossible :shifty:.

Cheers to you as well guy.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
ok there's something weird going on with FST...all my spaces and para's are getting jumbled together...so my apologies for that...but honestly I haven't a clue what's going on (I tried editing but it doesn't help either) @Funkin'...yeah curiosity is def. the primary reason I wanna get into FTN...for some reason, I'm genuinely curious about FTN yet hold no such attachment to the rabbit (i.e. the other F site)...perhaps its the comments, perhaps its the comments...I dunno but I would still love to get in there eventually and yeah PTM sounds like a hidden gem indeed...so far, no1 has bashed the site and for me that speaks volumes for any site really...can't wait to get in there! @TrollinThunder lol I'm not sure if you bashing me or complimenting me...you are saying you would've invited me if you could...yet you are also saying you don't know me well (well you don't but I would've hoped you'd find out more about a person before you invited him/her) I do honor the warm reply though...I mean really I have nothing against criticism...infact I think its healthy and helps the staff make decisions too (being ex-staff on a certain site, I've done my share of this too)...however, its when people start nit-picking everything a person says and what's worse, are simply unwilling to listen to him/her that it gets really really annoying imo

besides even if I did request the site after saying I won't (which again I never intended to do - but let's presume I did)...so?

After researching for 48 minutes on the interwebs I came to the conclusion that this abnormality is called a "lie", also know as "falsity", and the street term is "bullshit". I'm solo atm so my sources can't verify the validity of this.

I didn't call you a collector or diss you or anything, unless quoting you and saying you said something when you said you didn't is dissing. Pssh, those sensitive Pisces. Furthermore FSC members could be insulted by this (don't ask me how, I have no fucking clue), according to Rambo (Cabalo), if I read him correctly. Then again, that's almost impossible :shifty:.

Cheers to you as well guy.

its a lie when its exactly what I mean and wrote...and not some twisted form of the meaning of my words...what's more...considering that I wrote it, I would think I'd know the meaning better than you possibly can (you def. didn't give it any more than a glance over it when I first wrote it anyways yet all of a sudden its such a big thing...ofcourseeeee) you may not have dissed me by saying a curse or two (its the only thing left anyways so feel free to do that too), but your words def. don't sound like they intend to say anything other than just that...again if you know "exactly" what I wrote and what I meant then perhaps I know "exactly" what you wrote and meant here too...tit for tat maybe? oh and just for the record, I'm not a Pisces, so again please don't assume things here (I'm a Cancerian...yeah we are sensitive fellas too but that's besides the point - and don't tell me that it isn't because it IS...afterall, you mentioned Pisces, not Cancerians - again your words, not mine ^^) back at ya "buddy"

sez
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
@kted,well fair enough but funny coz in this thread you blatantly claim to have already graduated(LSU) yet in another of less than two weeks you claim to be an international student surviving the times as you are not eligible for FAFSA.Am too lazy to google but I won't be suprised if louisiana didn't graduate anybody in this or the last week.

I guess this is in you,I don't want but I want,pre-times suck but they rock,I'll never donate but I will and the list goes on and on.
And am barely hostile(trust me),am just pointing out facts that if I was in your shoes I wouldn't want people to read as well.

KushBlow
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Tit for tat? What? This isn't psychology class, and as intriguing as your reply is it's kind of hard to read between the lines of "I won't request it, but I did".

Examplar Test Subject 101:

"Iraq sucks, and I'm never gonna go there"

*buys plane ticket to Iraq*

"Hey dude, I thought you said you weren't going to Iraq?"

"That's not what I meant noob! I meant I'd rather stay here in Iran, but now there's this new jihad hezbollah military group in Iraq and I wanna join..."

"Give me my PS3 back now you bastard."

I won't blatantly insult you, that would be pointless. I'm just doing what some people did to me here before too. And you give off that 'spoiled' vibe, which I hate. You have 30+ trackers, you just got FSC, and you want more? I wish nothing more than for FTN to get new members that are good, but seriously dude, what the fuck?

EDIT: (I know he's gonna reply with "so what I have 30 trackers? I'm active at all of them, etc. Watch and see.)

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
where did I dodge your q? I already stated which college I studied in? you want me to write it again? I graduated from LSU (hope you know the full-form...just google if you don't) I graduated in Dec '08 so no I didn't graduate "recently"...I even had a job in NY for a few months before I ended back here (recession hit me as you clearly said things are bad there atm) and who said pre-times rock? pre-times I couldn't care less about...I don't care when something is upped...I'm only interested in "what" is being upped also when did I say won't donate? ofcourse i'll donate when I have the cash...do I have the cash right now? not a penny...I just lost my job today (I didn't wanna mention it but wth since you asked for it) and right now am unemployed and am gonna end up at my parent's place in a day or two...sounds like fun, doesn't it? believe me, you don't wanna go through this mess...this year's been an absolute nightmare for me and although I have no intentions of posting that info. in public (some of which I just did thanks to you)...if you REALLY are planning to inquire this much about me...then feel free to PM me, I wouldn't mind telling you all about my real life persona also I didn't mean you are hostile (if it seemed that way then my apologies)...you however are one very stubborn person who simply has to have everything their way...unfortunately, I'm just as stubborn (if not even more) and so, really this conversation/argument isn't going anywhere (nor will - unless you can provide actual proofs which believe me, you absolutely cannot!)

@kushblow i'm sorry dude but you just can't "fucking" read, can you mate? i said 30 and I'm gonna be disabled (perhaps even am...I don't know nor bloody fookin' care) on most...I keep the trackers I care about and not some random site I joined ages ago just b'coz I had no trackers back then and was desperately willing to accept all offers (since I needed my stuff and was sure as hell not going to use public trackers) also what are you rambling about with that pointless analogy? how the hell does iraq/iran come into a tracker discussion?...but still, if it helps you using that absolutely terrible analogy then fine, i'll use it to explain myself too I said I won't go to Iraq until I reach Iran...now that I am in Iran, I'm buying a ticket (or am trying anyways) to get to Iraq...so what the hell is wrong with that? Also please don't tell me what kind of "vibe" I give to you...you don't bloody know me (a thread or two tells jack about a person) and as such, quit assuming things about a person who's no more than a stranger to you also if you hate me, then why are you bothering with my request? if you don't want me to get in then say so and please leave...why create an unnecessary scene? that said, even I'm sick of this meaningless chatter so I'll just close this thread...I'm sure one of the mods would've done this anyways as this thread has gone wayyyyyyy off-topic from where it started good luck with your lives fellas and try to relax a bit if you really can cheers!

deadalive1
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Do you really think the place you just joined wants all the attention it has gotten in this thread? Not by just you but everyone else who keeps dropping the acronym..

Cabalo was right, you should of closed it then when he said it and none of this crap after would of happened.

kooltilldend
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
if one of you manages to post while i'm typing then what the hell but no i don't intend to keep this thread open...just needed to add a comment to megabyteme...I'm sorry mate...I tried to keep the thread open so your point could be properly discussed but its just not happening...it keeps coming back to me and really this thread's going nowhere...as such, I figured (and I'm guessing you'll agree), this thread is better off closed to the mods...please delete all the rubbish from here, keep megabyteme's post and all the relevant ones, change the title and move this thread to the proper section...I know I'm requesting quite a bit, but I really think his point would be a wonderful thing to discuss...ofcourse do all this if you don't mind lol :P and finally to sez...I realized you edited your post so I've got something for you...please (and this is a request really) tell me where I said I'm an int'l student two weeks ago...I would love to know where I managed to write that...not sure why I would have the flag of Thailand if I'm located in the States though (perhaps you wanna check my IP too now? feel free) so yeah am locking this thread again...the thread got surprisingly popular but i'll take that as a good thing (despite a lot of unconstructive meandering discussions/arguments near the end but i guess its just as IdolEyes says...you simply cannot please everyone)...oh well atleast I tried tc fellas!

@deadline...yeah this "drama" went on for longer than it should've...my bad really...but i guess i can't change anything that's past so oh well will just be more careful from here onwards cheers for the concern though! XXXXXXXX thread closed XXXXXXXXX

tc everyone