PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Your Quotes?

DarthInsinuate
10-08-2003, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE] its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with [QUOTE]

this is a petition against bigboab starting with [QUOTE], if you've never noticed scan throught this: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=061b1b78fbb0005118d6ff336e9ee126&search_in=posts&result_type=posts)

noname12
10-08-2003, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE] yep it gets irritating :P :lol:

bigboab
10-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@8 October 2003 - 22:41
[QUOTE] its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with [QUOTE]

this is a petition against bigboab starting with [QUOTE], if you've never noticed scan throught this: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=061b1b78fbb0005118d6ff336e9ee126&search_in=posts&result_type=posts)
[QUOTE]I dont know what you are talking about. :lol:

DarthInsinuate
10-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@8 October 2003 - 22:46
[QUOTE=DarthInsinuate,8 October 2003 - 22:41] [QUOTE] its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with [QUOTE]

I dont know what you are talking about. :lol:
[QUOTE] there, there, i saw you do it

MUSLEMAN
10-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@8 October 2003 - 18:46
[QUOTE=DarthInsinuate,8 October 2003 - 22:41] [QUOTE] its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with [QUOTE]

I dont know what you are talking about. :lol:
[QUOTE]WTF??? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/1/slookani.gif

DarthInsinuate
10-08-2003, 11:12 PM
thanks to whoever put up the poll - kiss your [QUOTE]ing days goodbye, bitch

bigboab
10-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Bitch? And it is getting on your TITS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigboab
10-09-2003, 12:29 AM
It would appear that I am annoying 75% of the members of the forum. So I think I will just give it a Bye. Before I go Darth, I would like to point out that out of the last 150 posts I have made only 52% of them contained quotes. I will remain in Kazaa to allow people to upload records etc from me. I enjoyed my short stay in the Forum. Goodbye all.

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Great poll !!

I love it ! :lol: :lol:

[QUOTE]

BigBank_Hank
10-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 00:29
It would appear that I am annoying 75% of the members of the forum. So I think I will just give it a Bye. Before I go Darth, I would like to point out that out of the last 150 posts I have made only 52% of them contained quotes. I will remain in Kazaa to allow people to upload records etc from me. I enjoyed my short stay in the Forum. Goodbye all.
[QUOTE] Aww come on now are you going to leave over something silly like this?

noname12
10-09-2003, 01:55 AM
god damn it, I missunderstood the question, I thought it was "Would you like to keep the [QUOTE] (has flash backs of florida).... I demand a recount.... (has never been to the USA).

Sorry bigboab :lol:

Celerystalksme
10-09-2003, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE] i think its so much fun :rolleyes:

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@8 October 2003 - 19:29
It would appear that I am annoying 75% of the members of the forum. So I think I will just give it a Bye. Before I go Darth, I would like to point out that out of the last 150 posts I have made only 52% of them contained quotes. I will remain in Kazaa to allow people to upload records etc from me.  I enjoyed my short stay in the Forum. Goodbye all.
We have nothing against you quoting people. We just want you to stop adding... [QUOTE] <----- this with every post. :lol:

bigboab
10-09-2003, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=bigboab,8 October 2003 - 19:29]It would appear that I am annoying 75% of the members of the forum. So I think I will just give it a Bye. Before I go Darth, I would like to point out that out of the last 150 posts I have made only 52% of them contained quotes. I will remain in Kazaa to allow people to upload records etc from me. I enjoyed my short stay in the Forum. Goodbye all.
We have nothing against you quoting people. We just want you to stop adding...
<----- this with every post. :lol:
I have just returned for a short period to clarify a few things. The reason for my leaving is not about a silly little thing like this. One of the rules of this Chat Room is that no member should be attacked as an individual(PM deals with that). I realise that I was making a technical mistake and had not yet figured out how to &#39;sort&#39; it out. I may have now unfortunately. But that is not the point, this thread goes against all the rules of the Forum, and the fact that a Poll was instituted against a member means that a Mod was involved. What is wrong there? Have I been ribbing them too far. I would also like to point out that this is not the first time that a member has been vilified in the last two weeks. The difference is that the last time he/she was not named nor was there a Poll. I have no intention of remaining in the Forum with a yellow star on my shoulder. The instance I have quoted may be the thin edge of the wedge. I hope by my pointing this out that it may come to a stop.

Billy_Dean
10-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 17:55

[QUOTE=bigboab,8 October 2003 - 19:29]It would appear that I am annoying 75% of the members of the forum. So I think I will just give it a Bye. Before I go Darth, I would like to point out that out of the last 150 posts I have made only 52% of them contained quotes. I will remain in Kazaa to allow people to upload records etc from me. I enjoyed my short stay in the Forum. Goodbye all.
We have nothing against you quoting people. We just want you to stop adding...
<----- this with every post. :lol:
I have just returned for a short period to clarify a few things. The reason for my leaving is not about a silly little thing like this. One of the rules of this Chat Room is that no member should be attacked as an individual(PM deals with that). I realise that I was making a technical mistake and had not yet figured out how to &#39;sort&#39; it out. I may have now unfortunately. But that is not the point, this thread goes against all the rules of the Forum, and the fact that a Poll was instituted against a member means that a Mod was involved. What is wrong there? Have I been ribbing them too far. I would also like to point out that this is not the first time that a member has been vilified in the last two weeks. The difference is that the last time he/she was not named nor was there a Poll. I have no intention of remaining in the Forum with a yellow star on my shoulder. The instance I have quoted may be the thin edge of the wedge. I hope by my pointing this out that it may come to a stop.
I think a sense of humour was called for here, not a dummy spit&#33;

:)

PS: And you can [quote] me on that.

LeGoMyFnLeg
10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Nothing wrong with humour but your act is old. Keep chasing them away BD, you&#39;re almost there.

hooked
10-09-2003, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE]

Lamsey
10-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 08:55
:blink:

I added the poll for a laugh.

Do you really think that people are flaming you because of a simple mistake in your posts???

Serious sense of humour failure there, methinks.

DarthInsinuate
10-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 00:29
are you trying to play the simpathy card? its kinda working people seem to like your [QUOTE]

sampson
10-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Was this not flaming?

Bitch? And it is getting on your TITS

Was this not flaming[/QUOTE]

If you&#39;re gonna dish it out, you gotta be able to take it

LeGoMyFnLeg
10-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@9 October 2003 - 10:06

:blink:

I added the poll for a laugh.

Do you really think that people are flaming you because of a simple mistake in your posts???

Serious sense of humour failure there, methinks.
That&#39;s a very unusual apology. Has it worked well for you in the past?

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 11:40 AM
I realise that I was making a technical mistake and had not yet figured out how to &#39;sort&#39; it out. I may have now unfortunately.

I will help you out here. Do you see the blue quote button like this: http://home.arcor.de/vkb/Pictures/klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/p_quote.gif If you want to add someone&#39;s whole post as a quote to your text then just press that. Don&#39;t press the other [QUOTE] button while you compose the message.

The other [QUOTE] button should only be used if you are trying to quote a part of someones text into your message like I did here at the top of this post. Also remember that for each tag you use needs to have a closing tag.

&#91;QUOTE&#93;quoted message here.&#91;/QUOTE&#93; &#60;--- Very important closing tag.

Edited to add: Oh yeah. One more thing. If you don&#39;t like the results of your post after you post it you can always http://home.arcor.de/vkb/Pictures/klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/p_edit.gif your post until it shows up the way you want it.

[B][O][T]
10-09-2003, 11:56 AM
[START]STFU[/STOP]

BOT

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@9 October 2003 - 06:56
[START]STFU[/STOP]

BOT
:huh:

Billy_Dean
10-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LeGoMyFnLeg@9 October 2003 - 18:45
Nothing wrong with humour but your act is old. Keep chasing them away BD, you&#39;re almost there.
Another jerk&#33; (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame34.html)

LeGoMyFnLeg
10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
I couldn&#39;t find " lame dick who moves from forum to forum to find people to annoy" but this one comes pretty close to you BD.

TY (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame7.html)

Billy_Dean
10-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by LeGoMyFnLeg@9 October 2003 - 21:28
I couldn&#39;t find " lame dick who moves from forum to forum to find people to annoy" but this one comes pretty close to you BD.

TY (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame7.html)
And you expect me to look? You idiot, crawl back in your hole.

Annoying the shit out of jerks like you is one of life&#39;s little pleasures&#33;

Gemby!
10-09-2003, 03:42 PM
i like your quotes - even though i never get it :blink:

ignore me (qoute me on that)

BigBank_Hank
10-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@9 October 2003 - 11:40
I will help you out here. Do you see the blue quote button like this: http://home.arcor.de/vkb/Pictures/klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/p_quote.gif If you want to add someone&#39;s whole post as a quote to your text then just press that. Don&#39;t press the other [QUOTE] button while you compose the message.

The other [QUOTE] button should only be used if you are trying to quote a part of someones text into your message like I did here at the top of this post. Also remember that for each tag you use needs to have a closing tag.

&#91;QUOTE&#93;quoted message here.&#91;/QUOTE&#93; &#60;--- Very important closing tag.

Edited to add: Oh yeah. One more thing. If you don&#39;t like the results of your post after you post it you can always http://home.arcor.de/vkb/Pictures/klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/p_edit.gif your post until it shows up the way you want it.
Maybe this should be pinned? :blink:

Snee
10-09-2003, 04:00 PM
I voted no, it&#39;s his thing. :)

Mr. Mulder
10-09-2003, 04:04 PM
With out them, Life just wouldn&#39;t be worth living ;)

[QUOTE]

Snee
10-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 01:29
You really shouldn&#39;t have decided to go :( , I&#39;ll miss you terribly.

DarthInsinuate
10-09-2003, 04:54 PM
has he really gone? i thought that was a joke?&#33;?

BigBank_Hank
10-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I think that everyone here also thought that it was a joke but he took it seriously. :blink:

Snee
10-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@9 October 2003 - 09:55
He wasn&#39;t very happy, I think he&#39;s really gone.

You should have asked him if he did it on purpose, me and I think Virtualbody1234 tried to help with the quote-tags but this topic was already up by the time bigboab had fixed it.

I think he got angry and left, and that&#39;s too bad since he really is a cool guy.

I&#39;m fairly certain he wasn&#39;y joking since he didn&#39;t use this smiley: " :P ", he pretty much always uses that when he&#39;s joking. Besides, it sounds as if he really got pissed off.

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it&#39;s true that SnnY and I had tried to help him before this poll was started. I still think he could have seen that it was just a joke like the rest of us. I hope he comes back too. :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
i feel really bad now <_<

lynx
10-09-2003, 07:57 PM
So know you know what a douche bag is.

Oh, sorry, <s>wrong</s> right thread.

J'Pol
10-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Well done guys, a good and useful member of the board, with a unique dry sense of humour has left.

Congratulations, you must be so proud.

Lamsey
10-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@9 October 2003 - 20:13
Well done guys, a good and useful member of the board, with a unique dry sense of humour has left.

Congratulations, you must be so proud.
That sense of humour failed severely if he took offence at this.

Having said that, I do offer my sincere apologies if Bigboab was offended by this, and i&#39;d like to reaffirm that it was never my (or I believe anyone&#39;s) intent to offend him.

DanB
10-09-2003, 09:08 PM
It does seem like a bit of an over reaction to me. :blink:

I&#39;ve read this twice now and cant see anything mailicious, well not directed at him anyway&#33;&#33; :D

J'Pol
10-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Oh so we judge what upsets other people now.

The only person who can say how offended he is .... is him.

So back off bully boys. You&#39;ve done enough damage.

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+8 October 2003 - 17:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 8 October 2003 - 17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@8 October 2003 - 22:41
its starting to get on my nerves now, starting your posts with

this is a petition against bigboab starting with if you&#39;ve never noticed scan throught this: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Se...sult_type=posts (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Search&nav=au&CODE=show&searchid=061b1b78fbb0005118d6ff336e9ee126&search_in=posts&result_type=posts)
I dont know what you are talking about. :lol:[/b][/quote]
Well, all I can say is that bigboab&#39;s first post in this thread shows that he did see the humour.
He even laughed at it himself. Notice the: " :lol: " ?

J'Pol
10-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Wasn&#39;t boab laughing at himself, before the actual poll was started.

How many people would enjoy seeing a poll which would reflect, to a certain extent, what their peers thought about them. It doesn&#39;t happen very often does it.

Isn&#39;t that the point, the chap was willing to laugh at himself. However he didn&#39;t want a vote taken about it.

How many of us would.

DarthInsinuate
10-09-2003, 11:08 PM
yeah, bigboab confirmed via PM that he was offended by the poll - hopefully he&#39;ll understand that there was never any ill intention

Virtualbody1234
10-09-2003, 11:12 PM
I guess you&#39;re right, JPaul. It could have been his response before the poll was ever started. Maybe we could PM him and ask him if we would remove the poll if would that help?

J'Pol
10-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@10 October 2003 - 00:12
I guess you&#39;re right, JPaul. It could have been his response before the poll was ever started. Maybe we could PM him and ask him if we would remove the poll if would that help?
I agree mate.

Maybe some of the people who had a pop at boab could PM the big chap and explain.

I certainly don&#39;t think that the mod who started the poll PMing him would hurt. Especially as it was the poll which caused the offense.

Perhaps people should think about how things will affect others, before they do these things.

Lamsey
10-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Listen, that poll was entirely made in jest; I don&#39;t think we&#39;ve ever had a serious poll in the Lounge&#33;&#33;&#33;

I wuold hope that Bigboab sees it that way - it honestly never crossed my mind that he&#39;d get offended over it.

Why would we villify someone for making a simple mistake? People get away with a lot worse.

As you suggest, I will PM Bigboab explaining this, in case he&#39;s not reading this.

lynx
10-10-2003, 09:35 AM
If he&#39;s not reading this, he&#39;s unlikely to be looking at PM&#39;s either. Perhaps an email would be better.