PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Providers, Any Suggestions

lennonmacc
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Hello, well after a couple weeks of trying out some private tracking sites. I now know for sure i will need a seedbox. I have been looking into torrent swift, but i'm not convinced, because i've seen some pretty bad reviews about them. So i'm here to ask, if anyone can recommend a good seedbox provider. I'm okay with spending up to 40 bucks a month, but i just want to get something stable and reliable to use with good speeds and good features like bandwidth n stuff. I would really appreciate any help. :)

yankeezfan1
10-31-2009, 05:06 AM
ovh

cinephilia
10-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Hello, well after a couple weeks of trying out some private tracking sites. I now know for sure i will need a seedbox.
you're definitely wrong.

tobb3
10-31-2009, 09:07 AM
seedcafe working really nice..

Skiz
10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Hello, well after a couple weeks of trying out some private tracking sites. I now know for sure i will need a seedbox.
you're definitely wrong.

Agreed.

The lowest ratio I have on any tracker I'm a member of is 2.02 and that still has a 50+/- GB buffer. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - seedboxes are a waste of money.

xirvflux
10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
The lowest ratio I have on any tracker I'm a member of is 2.02 and that still has a 50+/- GB buffer. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - seedboxes are a waste of money.

With those numbers it's easy to do the math - basically all your activity in that tracker amounts for less than what many power users do in their trackers in one week.

Nothing wrong with that - after all this is a hobby, and some people spend lots of time and money and some are just casual users.

Six66Mike
10-31-2009, 10:51 PM
I agree with cinephilia and Skiz. I was able to get a ratio of 4 or better on about a dozen sites, 2TB buffer on one seeding in Australia for abotu 2 years. BMTV, What.cd etc, you don't need a seedbox at all to survive unless you're impatient and want to leech as much as possible as fast as you can.

If Aussies can do it anyone can. No seedbox needed.

aturservice
11-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Six66Mike, that's so true "If Aussies can do it anyone can" something really does need to be done about our shitty internet compared to the rest of the world!!
But yes, you dont always need a seedbox UNLESS you plan on downloading A LOT any if you are out of Aus you probably have a unlimited down/up quota on your net plan so you have no worries!

Us Aussies get speeds of like 10-28kb/s up and some lucky people here might get 1.5mb/s (for a very unfair price) and we still survive :)

But feel free to contact me if you are in need of a seedbox.

lennonmacc
11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
thanks for the replys, but yeah i just might try something out for a month just to get some torrents i need asap.

seedcafe working really nice..

This is one site i've thought about signing up with, but i've seen some bad reviews too. I still have mix feelings about this one. Have you liked it so far?

yakuza
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
the best is my fiber optik:) 20 down 20 up nice no?

Skiz
11-01-2009, 07:46 AM

With those numbers it's easy to do the math - basically all your activity in that tracker amounts for less than what many power users do in their trackers in one week.

Nothing wrong with that - after all this is a hobby, and some people spend lots of time and money and some are just casual users.

The point is, seeding is easy and in general, seedboxes are unnecessary.

"Power users" who downloads 100's of GBs in a week a likely doing it, well, just to do it.

Serial
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
superseeder.eu
services awesome!

Serial
11-01-2009, 12:20 PM
sorry for dupe post.

NetBios
11-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Try NBHosting.eu

I know a couple of friends who have their seedbox here :)

Check it out, i recommend it.

TorrentRaptor
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM

The point is, seeding is easy and in general, seedboxes are unnecessary.

"Power users" who downloads 100's of GBs in a week a likely doing it, well, just to do it.

Well, it depends on several things, what trackers you use, if you use Waffles/What.cd for instance, it's impossible to keep a good ratio if your connection is too slow, and you start with a 0 buffer... And even with a 100MBit seedbox it was hard to seed, I had to wait for the FreeLeech days to build a decent buffer.

Some people also don't want to keep their PCs on for 24 to 72h just to avoid warnings/bans, with a seedbox you can turn off your PC without worrying about Hit & Run scripts.
SOme people only have a laptop to DL/UL, they move a lot and can't let it running at home, in these cases a seedbox is very useful.

Some people also like to upload, just for the fun of it, and with 30Kbps up you can't upload (...you can, but it takes several days if more than 10 are leeching from you)

If you're not one of the cases I mentioned, the best way to use a seedbox is to use it just the time to build a good buffer (1 month or 2 max), then when it's done you can stop worrying about seeding or not, just keep utorrent and your PC running for 48/72h to avoid warnings...

lennonmacc
11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
I've narrowed down my options to

seedcafe.info
superseedbox.com
xirvik.com
seedboxhosting.com

baptista
11-04-2009, 07:59 AM
ovh -poor service,but speed is OK;)

t4eva
11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
any resellers from ovh.com site coz they got free setup now on on all kimsufi..

lennonmacc
11-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Too expensive for me, i'm going to go with xirvik.com . My limit was 40 bucks, so i'm going to try them out and see how it goes.

keeper
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I use seedbox 1 month i make buffer over 900gb on 4 trackers each what worth something, with max 100gb down now im fine for a full year without to use seedbox again! Because all 4 trackers are 0day and they got almost same stuff like all... And imposible is for me to leech almost 4tb with my 5mbs speed!

Even i download only top games and top movies and i will not brust even 2tb in 12 months!
In a year il take box again and im fine forever without losing account!

All seedboxes are way overpriced to have it all the time and get on top10, this is completly worthless. Only ppl what are rich enought and have extra money and have everything what they want have seedboxes and it's cool for them, or those who don't have brain to spend it on something what you realy need, but spend on seedboxes what they not need and not help you in your life at all, and it's not even fun to seed, leech, share i complete waste of time what i waste this month on this seedbox!

nucks2424
11-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Provider : Seedhost.Net
Type : SHared with 2 people
Speed : 1 gigabit

What a nightmare this has been. I wanted to try a gigabit box so i went with a big name company. It has been a disaster. First they said it would take a day to setup and it took 5 days and no responses to my 3 emails. I finally opened a dispute with paypal and magically 10 minutes later they emailed and apologized and said the box would be up in a few hours. When I finally got to use it the max upload speed was 5mb/s for maybe 30 seconds, then it would go back down to 300k. I already had a 100mbit seedbox and after numerous torrent files downloaded by both the 100mbit and gigabit box at the same time the 100mbit box was 10 times fater in total uploading then the 1 gigabit box. I emailed them and told them the speed was crap and they said I wasn't downloading the right torrents. I said a 50gig file with 3 seeders(me one of them) and 50 connectable leechers doesn't get 200k on a gigabit box and 10mb/s on a 100 mbit box. I said they need to take off the caps and give me the speed I paid for. THey then cancelled my account. A total of 9 days of pitiful speed and horrendous service. I am waiting for paypal to settle the dispute. Maybe others have had good realtions with this company but I say STAY AWAY !!

Pocatello
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I have used Xirvik.com for about 4 months. I like them very much.

I have had good service and good speeds from Xirvik.

p.s. what is all the crap in this thread about seed boxes? The OP asked for a recommended seedbox host... not your opinion on whether a seedbox will be necessary.

He wants a seed box. Many of us are quite happy with our seed box. Maybe we use a seed box for reasons that you cannot understand.