PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

hobbes
10-09-2003, 02:31 AM
What does the world do?

In the US, we like to carve pumpkins into sinister spectres.

http://www.bsac.bm/images/2002%20Underwater%20Pumpkin%20Carving%20Contest%20050.jpg

The insides contain many seeds which I like to coat with salt and roast in the oven.

The kids go from door to door in costumes, either scary or otherwise, and say "trick or treat". I have no idea why we say this, as all they want is candy. In my time, we went door to door and got serious booty. Today people don't trust their neighbors and do this pathetic mall thing.

Anyway, I love this time of year, too bad I am living in a town that never changes to beautiful fall colors.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-09-2003, 02:38 AM
We get drunk and watch classic horror flicks like Texas Chainsaw Masacre (aka Nikki :P :lol: ), Exorcist, Friday the 13th 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/x :blink: and some other stuff :D

Jonno B)

NikkiD
10-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 October 2003 - 21:38
We get drunk and watch classic horror flicks like Texas Chainsaw Masacre (aka Nikki :P :lol: ), Exorcist, Friday the 13th 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/x :blink: and some other stuff :D

Jonno B)
The nickname "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was given me by some co-workers in the spring when we were doing cleanup - removing dead trees and pruning tree limbs, and I was said to be "just a little too comfortable wielding a chainsaw". That and the fact that when I prune a tree, I really prune a tree. I&#39;d explain further, but it would involve precise measurements and descriptions of tractors and lawnmowers, so I&#39;ll not bore you with more details... and thank you Jonno for opening up the discussion... <_< j/k

In Canada (well Ontario anyway) we do a combination of hobbes and Jonno&#39;s descriptions. The kids here still go door to door, I live in a small town and we know pretty much all the neighbours. We decorate the house up as well, with carved pumpkins, and ghoulish scenes that my oldest son loves to create in the yard. I also roast pumpkin seeds every year, it&#39;s tradition. :)

After the kids finish trick or treating, we all sit down and watch horror movies for the rest of the evening, alcohol optional. ;)

I&#39;m lucky enough to get the beautiful fall scenery here, the leaves have just begun to change :) It&#39;s my favourite time of year. (Although I&#39;m quite sure I&#39;ll say the same thing come Christmas and the first snowfall, and spring with the snow melting, and summer with the first visit to the beach.)

hobbes
10-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@9 October 2003 - 03:38

Jonno B)
Really, your children (usually up to age 12) don&#39;t dress up and go door to door for candy.

Do you have local "haunted houses" which scare the little ones to raise money? http://www.thrillrideexperience.com/magickingdom/images/hmdark.jpg

This was so much fun, no holiday could rival Halloween for childhood fun.

@Nikki, the whole feeling around Christmas is quite special but different. Christmas is about giving thanks for those things we take for granted. It is a special time where we all pause from our personal goals and think about the bigger picture. We smile, we forgive, we hold doors open- very nice, but Halloween is just creepy fun.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-09-2003, 03:01 AM
@Nikki....... :P

@Hobbes.........Yes m8 we do trick or treat but it&#39;s not too safe for kids to do that now :( too mant pervs and weirdos about :(
And yes here we have a Priory (A little info HERE&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.poppyland.co.uk/norfolk/sheringham.htm) and my dates are wrong) built in 985 and vacated in 1372 (dates could be slightly out) and it IS haunted, I would tell you a personal story but you lot would only take the pi&#036;&#036; so there&#39;s little point.
But we used to do traditional stuff but like I say, too many weirdos and all it seems to be round here is another excuse like xmas and carnival for all the local tossers to get slaughtered and look for fights :(

I used to love halloween, we used to have so much fun, but as we got older we stopped dressing up and banging on doors (got wrong by the old bill) so now we stay in and watch flicks instaed......sad really :(

Jonno B)

hobbes
10-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@9 October 2003 - 04:01
@Nikki....... :P

@Hobbes.........Yes m8 we do trick or treat but it&#39;s not too safe for kids to do that now :( too mant pervs and weirdos about :(
And yes here we have a Priory built in 985 and vacated in 1372 (dates could be slightly out) and it IS haunted, I would tell you a personal story but you lot would only take the pi&#036;&#036; so there&#39;s little point.
But we used to do traditional stuff but like I say, too many weirdos and all it seems to be round here is another excuse like xmas and carnival for all the local tossers to get slaughtered and look for fights :(

I used to love halloween, we used to have so much fun, but as we got older we stopped dressing up and banging on doors (got wrong by the old bill) so now we stay in and watch flicks instaed......sad really :(

Jonno B)
I love ghost stories. I don&#39;t believe them. But, just for the night or the season, they are as good as gold.

I, personally, was scared sh*tl*ss by a central airconditioner that turned on one hallowed eve, I was just in the mood, you know.

Like my new avatar? I was one of the few who saw the Blair Witch project without knowing anything about it. This movie has the greatest setup to the ghost story ever.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-09-2003, 03:10 AM
:D We get Drunk and wait for People to go to Sleep and we go and Steal their Pumpkins. :D

Wait.....no we don&#39;t.We did that when we were Teenage punks.We do not do that no more.....would a 28 Year Old man be stealing Pumpkins? :unsure:.......... :blink:

http://www.ealaindraoi.com/images/artwork/08-009.jpg

NikkiD
10-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 October 2003 - 22:10
:D We get Drunk and wait for People to go to Sleep and we go and Steal their Pumpkins. :D

Wait.....no we don&#39;t.We did that when we were Teenage punks.We do not do that no more.....would a 28 Year Old man be stealing Pumpkins? :unsure:.......... :blink:

http://www.ealaindraoi.com/images/artwork/08-009.jpg
Ummm... well I know that 31 year olds would never, ever do that o:)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-09-2003, 03:25 AM
@FC............Yes :P :lol: :lol:

@Hobbes .............ok but in short cos I&#39;m tired and need bed :blink:
Years ago we were about 12/13, me and a m8 said we were gonna go over to the Priory......nothing in that right......wrong.......the local legend has it that 5 boys of teenage years done the same thing, stood in what was the Prayer room thing (don&#39;t know the name) and said some chanting stuff........and they were never seen again, we all thought this was cool so me and Dave went over there ready for midnight (bare in mind the nearest light is a good 1/4 mile away) heh, we were armed to the teeth, bb guns, gat guns, knives , nunchuck the lot, if we were going , we were going with a fight :rolleyes: (muppets) so as we started to cross the feild leading to it we saw a light flash in the top window.......no way anyone can get up there......we hessitated and eventually carried on.........when we got in ........we walked to the very room (whats left of it) and stood in the middle.........shitting ourselves........we had a school book we had nicked with some prayer or something that was suppose to call spirits :rolleyes: this is all quite tame so far right.............well............as Dave was reading from this book.......my tourch went out.........so as I was trying to fix it (hitting it) Dave carried on reading cos you&#39;re not suppose to stop..........well.........I held his torch......pointing at the book........I looked up and saw .........still not sure how to describe it........erm........an dim faded light......move across the building.......not on the wall but in mid air........at which point the book launched out of his hands and across the room..........we naturally wer&#39;nt hanging round to find out.....we legged it firing every thing we had :rolleyes: in the air and screaming........

Funny thing is, I asked him if he threw the book and to this day he swears on his mothers life he did&#39;nt, so you make up your own minds.

Altho, we both had a scratch down our right arms in exactly the same place and we were both in camo gear so it was&#39;nt a bush............. :ph34r:

This is true, I shit you not :)

Jonno B)

Riddler
10-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Sometimes we just break out the old jewellery collection and have a little fun around the house.............. :P

http://www.piczonline.com/client/riddler/dick.jpg

:( Hope I don&#39;t get in too much sh*t for this &#33;

hobbes
10-09-2003, 03:33 AM
No teasing from this corner, these things can be terrifying, but also quite exciting. After all, if ghosts exist, God, eternal life and such are logical companions.

Gd&#39; night, would rather be chasing ghosts, but work calls me to bed.

hobbes
10-09-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Riddler@9 October 2003 - 04:30
Sometimes we just break out the old jewellery collection and have a little fun around the house.............. :P

photo edited

I will officially send 34 million, non English speaking Chinese to the Western coast of Canada for this transgression.

Riddler
10-09-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 October 2003 - 20:33

Gd&#39; night, would rather be chasing ghosts, but work calls me to bed.
:o Whoah &#33; You work in bed ? Excellent job, hobbes &#33;

EDIT; Good call &#33; :D

:P

Infested Cats
10-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Riddler@8 October 2003 - 23:30
http://www.antville.org/img/AJTCS/pumpkin-barf.jpg

Lilmiss
10-12-2003, 01:26 AM
we bob for apples.
bite hanging cakes.
have indoor fireworks.
tell stories.
drink cider out a boot. :blink:
start mini bonfires in the back garden.

...smoke a lot. ;) :rolleyes:

Lilmiss
10-12-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Riddler@9 October 2003 - 03:30

http://www.piczonline.com/client/riddler/dick.jpg

crikey&#33; :o

and my b/f&#39;s one scares me&#33;&#33;&#33; :unsure:

hobbes
10-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by lilmiss+12 October 2003 - 02:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss &#064; 12 October 2003 - 02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Riddler@9 October 2003 - 03:30

No I will not repost this picture&#33;

crikey&#33; :o

and my b/f&#39;s one scares me&#33;&#33;&#33; :unsure:

[/b][/quote]
Bet your boyfriend is glad that you let us know that he has jewlery down there&#33; ;)

http://www.cdmag.com/articles/031/150/undying-01-p-b4.jpg
http://www.cdmag.com/articles/031/150/undying-01-p-b5.jpg

I like creepy scary, not gross scary

Lilmiss
10-12-2003, 02:01 AM
bet if you asked, he&#39;d whip it out. ;)

seriously. :angry:

clocker
10-12-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@11 October 2003 - 18:54

I like creepy scary, not gross scary
I&#39;m with you, hobbes&#33;

That&#39;s how I chose my costume for this year...
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/images/0906-04.jpg

merlin-1
10-12-2003, 02:24 AM
http://community.webshots.com/s/image1/8/23/22/94382322QfRQvl_ph.jpg

Iggette
10-12-2003, 06:36 AM
UMMMMMMMM......Somthin tells me that If I saw that I would run.... I like LIL MISS&#39; Idea of Halloween.........By the way love your Pic hun

Skweeky
10-12-2003, 12:19 PM
we don&#39;t really do Halloween here in Belgium...
Yes of course you can buy all the mercandising in the shops and there will be the occasional Halloween dress up party, but there&#39;s no real tradition. It just started off a few years ago, just another trick to sell more stuff <_<

And it&#39;s called Samhein, not Halloweed :P

lynx
10-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@12 October 2003 - 12:19
Halloweed?

I think you&#39;ve been talking to Lilmiss too much. :lol:

TheDave
10-12-2003, 12:42 PM
does anyone else have mischief night. we blow things up :ph34r:

Skweeky
10-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by lynx+12 October 2003 - 13:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 12 October 2003 - 13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@12 October 2003 - 12:19
Halloweed?

I think you&#39;ve been talking to Lilmiss too much. :lol: [/b][/quote]
hehehehe, oops, mental slip :lol:

Mr. Mulder
10-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Not allot happens round Halloween time in Lincoln. There&#39;s a few sad people that dress up to score some free sweeties. There&#39;s also Mischief night where little young offenders come round and egg your windows and let down your tires <_<

...Apart from that, it&#39;s pretty quiet.

Snee
10-12-2003, 01:31 PM
We didn&#39;t have that holiday over here, and got on just fine without it, until some greedy business people decided it was a sweet way of making money and imported. :angry:

I&#39;m not complaining about the holiday as such, it&#39;s just that once again we&#39;ve had a bit more of American culture (it&#39;s the most commercial kind of halloween, possible) imposed upon us and they didn&#39;t even change the name one bit. :(

We have another holiday, just a few days apart from it, that roughly translates to: "all saint&#39;s day" that is more quiet and more intended for honouring your dead, rather than the trick or treat biz, which by the way we have something similar to at easter, with the difference that there&#39;s no trick or treat crap, instead the kids make their own drawings and give away, and they don&#39;t mess stuff up if they don&#39;t get candy.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@12 October 2003 - 08:31
We didn&#39;t have that holiday over here, and got on just fine without it, until some greedy business people decided it was a sweet way of making money and imported. :angry:

I&#39;m not complaining about the holiday as such, it&#39;s just that once again we&#39;ve had a bit more of American culture (it&#39;s the most commercial kind of halloween, possible) imposed upon us and they didn&#39;t even change the name one bit. :(

We have another holiday, just a few days apart from it, that roughly translates to: "all saint&#39;s day" that is more quiet and more intended for honouring your dead, rather than the trick or treat biz, which by the way we have something similar to at easter, with the difference that there&#39;s no trick or treat crap, instead the kids make their own drawings and give away, and they don&#39;t mess stuff up if they don&#39;t get candy.
:D God Bless America&#33; :D

TheDave
10-12-2003, 01:39 PM
egging windows is bad but fireworks are fun :o

Snee
10-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+12 October 2003 - 14:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 12 October 2003 - 14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@12 October 2003 - 08:31

:D God Bless America&#33; :D [/b][/quote]
:angry: :lol: God can bless my ass too, while he/she/it is at it :P

Biggles
10-12-2003, 02:17 PM
It is called Samhain It is the beginning and end of the Celtic (and other Northern European Shaman based belief system) wheel of Sabbats.

It is, in effect, New Year. As it is a time of change, it was believed that this world and the spirit world were at their closest and that old friends could visit. The purpose of the scary masks and symbols was to frighten off evil, or simply lost spirits, and only to let those welcome through. It was adopted by the Church (who it must be said has a genius of adapting existing rituals and incorportating them into its calendar) and called it All Saints day - keeping the essential idea of remembering the dead.

As this is primarily a Northern hemisphere thing, it was also a period to take stock, slaughter live stock selected to provide food through the long winter months and basically batten down the hatches. Yule on the 21st of December, by contrast, was a celebration that the sun was unconquered and that Spring and a new harvest was on the way.

Samhain was very popular in Europe until probably the 18th century. It remained an annual event in rural Scotland (I recall in the early 60s making lanterns out of large turnips - pumpkins, it has to be said, are much easier to carve) and other less mainstream places and it has been re-introduced more broadly via the USA where early settlers took it and kept it alive.

In some ways the US for all its modernity is a bit like an ark for old European customs where settlers held on to old ways as a vestige of their culture whilst the original source moved on. An interesting example of cross re-fertilisation (if such a thing exists).

Skweeky
10-12-2003, 05:10 PM
aren&#39;t you mixing up two things?

I&#39;m not sure about this, but I thought it was just about the battle between King Winter and King Summer, lost by King Summer....

We should ask Rat Faced about this, he knows a lot about it

hobbes
10-12-2003, 06:27 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/primelife/issues/2000/december/images/pumpkin.jpg

Biggles,

Pumpkin pie is probably a lot better than turnip pie, I would imagine.

http://www.foodstyler.com/images/carmelapple.jpg

Can&#39;t forget carmel dipped apples covered with roasted peanuts. There is a nice contrast between the sour crunch of the apple and the chewy sweetness of the caramel.

Snny, lighten up&#33; How much does a bag of Snickers cost? Besides, it was the only time of year my mother could legitimize buying candy. She would seriously overbuy and then act shocked when only a small portion was handed out to trick-or -treaters. Trooper that she was, she would be sure to consume the extra candy.

Anyway, as for a costume, just get some plastic fangs and a tube of fake blood and you have a 2 dollar holiday.

noname12
10-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Nevermind, kinda destroys the spirit of halloween :lol:

Infested Cats
10-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Extreme Pumpkins.com
<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Pumpkin carving is reborn.</span>
http://store3.yimg.com/I/hobased_1758_4868588/ext=.gif (http://www.extremepumpkins.com/)

TheDave
10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
i blew mine up.

hobbes
10-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Have you ever seen a haunted house?
You know the kind I mean. That old dark house that usually lives at the end of some dimly lit street.
The owners haven&#39;t been seen for years, no one really knows why.
The windows are broken and boarded, the shutters hang loose on their hinges.
The trees have grown wild, and branches brush against the side of the weathering house, making strange noises in the night.
A high vine covered fence surrounds the property. Is it there to keep somebody out, or is it there to keep some THING inside.
It&#39;s a house that people avoid walking past at night, as strange lights have been seen both in the attic windows and in the graveyard at the side of the house.

Our story begins here, in this mysterious manor.

One night, not too long ago, two teenagers were walking home, on a date. The wind began to blow and lightening broke through the sky. Thunder rolled across the heavans and changed this pleasant evening into night to be remembered.
It began to rain.

sArA
10-12-2003, 08:59 PM
The electricity streaked the sky, with an intensity that burned its light onto the retina leaving zig zag traces in its wake.

One particularly bright burst illuminated the chimneys and turrets of the old Hammond house. The sense of foreboding was palpable, but Jimmy and Sarah were cold and wet and vulnerable in the open. "Come on Jimmy" said Sarah, "You don&#39;t believe all those stories do you?". "I am cold and fed up, we could just shelter in the porchway, we dont have to go in".

Jimmy was uncomfortable with the idea having heard of strange lights appearing in the windows of the abandoned house, and eerie cries heard in the dead of night. Everyone said that the Hammond house was haunted. Jimmy did&#39;nt believe in ghosts but could&#39;nt help but wonder if there was something sinister, darker and more evil than a mere shadow of a former resident.

However, not wanting to appear scared in front of his new date.....he agreed. They unclasped the old gate which squeeked on ancient and unoiled hinges, and began cautiously to walk up the grass and weed covered path.........

Biggles
10-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Skweeky

I think you are thinking of Litha (or, more commonly, the summer solstice), the battle between the Oak and Holly kings (holly representing winter). It is at this point that the sun has reached its peak and the days once again shorten.

As these were fire festivals it is most appropriate that the pumpkin (or veg of your choice) should have a candle in it.

Turnip pie sounds pretty gross. We ate it with haggis and potato. I suspect that may sound pretty gross to some but if it is what you are used to - well it is just as good as a feast. :rolleyes:

Twist3r
10-12-2003, 10:27 PM
this year i hope to bring my g/f to the texas chainsaw masacure remake if its in theateres by then if its not then i guess we can watch a diffrent movie

hobbes
10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@12 October 2003 - 21:59
The electricity streaked the sky, with an intensity that burned its light onto the retina leaving zig zag traces in its wake.

One particularly bright burst illuminated the chimneys and turrets of the old Hammond house. The sense of foreboding was palpable, but Jimmy and Sarah were cold and wet and vulnerable in the open. "Come on Jimmy" said Sarah, "You don&#39;t believe all those stories do you?". "I am cold and fed up, we could just shelter in the porchway, we dont have to go in".

Jimmy was uncomfortable with the idea having heard of strange lights appearing in the windows of the abandoned house, and eerie cries heard in the dead of night. Everyone said that the Hammond house was haunted. Jimmy did&#39;nt believe in ghosts but could&#39;nt help but wonder if there was something sinister, darker and more evil than a mere shadow of a former resident.

However, not wanting to appear scared in front of his new date.....he agreed. They unclasped the old gate which squeeked on ancient and unoiled hinges, and began cautiously to walk up the grass and weed covered path.........
And they enter the house.

The door closes behind them and cannot be opened.

"Good evening" a voice echoes.

"Who said that?" said Sarah.

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

I am your host, your ghost house. Welcome foolish mortals, to the haunted mansion.

You will not be harmed, but you will not be released until you take a tour of my home.

We have so few visitors, live ones that is, Ha, ha, ha ,haa&#33;

Our tour begins here in this, ghostly gallery. Madame Leota is assembling all the spirits who have been just dying to me you. Ha, hahaa

BTW, although Sara is able think up her response de novo. I am plagurizing "The Haunted Mansion" by Disney in a 1969 album starring Ron Howard.

I do so, however, from memory and I am not looking at any source for guidance. Considering that I was not alive in 1969, that is not too bad&#33;

sArA
10-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+13 October 2003 - 00:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 13 October 2003 - 00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@12 October 2003 - 21:59

And they enter the house.

The door closes behind them and cannot be opened.

"Good evening" a voice echoes.

"Who said that?" said Sarah.

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

I am your host, your ghost house. Welcome foolish mortals, to the haunted mansion.

You will not be harmed, but you will not be released until you take a tour of my home.

We have so few visitors, live ones that is, Ha, ha, ha ,haa&#33;

Our tour begins here in this, ghostly gallery. Madame Leota is assembling all the spirits who have been just dying to me you. Ha, hahaa

[/b][/quote]
..........trembling with fear, Sarah and Jimmy felt a compulsion to follow the ghostly apparition....."Do not fear my little ones, He is not due to wake for some time...you are safe....for now&#33;&#33; ha ha ha". The hollow sound of his voice echoed around the crumbling and cobweb draped hallway, like dread.

"Come....meet the family...ha ha" Said their guide as they were propelled towards a large pair of wooden doors that creaked slowly open with a sound that reminded Jimmy of every horror film he had ever seen, just before the next victim of the resident psycho was dismembered, sliced or merely frightened to death.

Sarah and Jimmy suddenly felt a rush of air lift them violently, to throw them through the doors into the darkness. The doors slammed shut and the smell of decay and rot that had been evident only in the background before, became more pungent and putrefying. The sound of buzzing flies began to fill the room, firstly just one or two, then more and more until the intensity of the sound created a chaotic assault on the senses of the two teenagers.

And then.....they could hear it.....creaping...slithering...slowly, painfully something was inching its way determinedly towards them......

@hobbes. Sorry mate, don&#39;t know the story you are on about so will have to use my own. Have to admit to multiple horror stories in there, just not sure where they come from. Seen too many to count. :blink:

Snee
10-14-2003, 08:57 PM
:rolleyes:

://www.flamjam.com/halloween/ (http://www.flamjam.com/halloween/)

A friend just sent me this. :D

Gemby!
10-14-2003, 09:00 PM
mines is watch scary movies while bratty kids bang and the door and want the sweets which i dont have :)

Snee
10-14-2003, 09:08 PM
:) Ah gemby&#33;, it&#39;s been awfully quiet around here lately, where have you been? :)

Lilmiss
10-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by lynx+12 October 2003 - 12:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 12 October 2003 - 12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@12 October 2003 - 12:19
Halloweed?

I think you&#39;ve been talking to Lilmiss too much. :lol: [/b][/quote]
hmph....lynx, im so gonna getcha back for that.
sneaky back stabbin&#39; pimp. <_<

razorsharp013
10-14-2003, 09:14 PM
What I do on Halloween, The same nothing I always do. And I sit around and don&#39;t answer the door for the bratty neighborhood kids. But I do buy lots of candy and eat it myself. :P

Skweeky
10-14-2003, 09:14 PM
but lilmiss.....is there anything wrong with weeeeeeeeeeeeed? :o

Snee
10-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@14 October 2003 - 22:14
but lilmiss.....is there anything wrong with weeeeeeeeeeeeed? :o
I&#39;d rather take your medicinehttp://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/w00tbrows.gif

(there, now you know who I am)

Skweeky
10-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@14 October 2003 - 22:16

yeah, cause I didn&#39;t know that yet :rolleyes:

The medicine isn&#39;t that strong&#33; :lol: :lol:

Gemby!
10-14-2003, 09:20 PM
@snny i have had to read a book for english and homework is taking over my life &#33;&#33; and staying after school aswell &#33;&#33; arghhh

Snee
10-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+14 October 2003 - 22:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 14 October 2003 - 22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 October 2003 - 22:16

yeah, cause I didn&#39;t know that yet :rolleyes:

The medicine isn&#39;t that strong&#33; :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Wasn&#39;t sure, I&#39;m so clever when I pick my usernames, you know :shifty: :lol:

I&#39;m a bit disappointed about the medicine, it sounded so great :(

Snee
10-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@14 October 2003 - 22:20
@snny i have had to read a book for english and homework is taking over my life &#33;&#33; and staying after school aswell &#33;&#33; arghhh
NO :o , anything I can help you with?

Skweeky
It is, but only if you take too much if it, I was high for two days last time I did that :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
GEMBY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D

Did someone say Medicine? :unsure: CanI av some? :)

Jonno B)

Skweeky
10-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@14 October 2003 - 22:22
GEMBY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :D :D :D

Did someone say Medicine? :unsure: CanI av some? :)

Jonno B)
Mouth open Jonno baby, here comes the plane :D

Gemby!
10-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@14 October 2003 - 21:22

NO :o , anything I can help you with?
nah i have done it all now &#33;&#33;&#33;

ello jonno &#33;

JONNO_CELEBS
10-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@14 October 2003 - 21:23

Mouth open Jonno baby, here comes the plane :D
I&#39;ve never heard it called that before but.............Ok :o

@Gemby........hows cuteness? :)

Jonno B)

Gemby!
10-14-2003, 09:27 PM
cuteness is fine cept i got biten by somethign &#33; on ma cheak &#33;&#33; and thats the face by the way .. :P

Lilmiss
10-14-2003, 09:29 PM
mmmm...edicine. :D

razorsharp013
10-14-2003, 09:30 PM
@ Jonno,

What was your website again?

Skweeky
10-14-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.sheringhamsurf.org.uk/forums/

Join us :D
We&#39;re having a chicken party and singing German drinking songs

razorsharp013
10-14-2003, 09:36 PM
I&#39;m not in the UK, what do I know about Sheringham?

And he gave me a link to a site with some videos to dl, I can&#39;t remember it though.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks Skweeky :)

@Razor......Skweeky is talking about my other site about surfing and a forum but the one you are asking for is HERE&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.cooljonno.co.uk/page1.html)

There are acouple more to go on but not tonight :)

Jonno B)

razorsharp013
10-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@14 October 2003 - 16:53
Thanks Skweeky :)

@Razor......Skweeky is talking about my other site about surfing and a forum but the one you are asking for is HERE&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.cooljonno.co.uk/page1.html)

There are acouple more to go on but not tonight :)

Jonno B)
Thanks for the link. And I know what Skweeky is talking about, but since I&#39;m not from there I don&#39;t see why I should join. I&#39;m assuming all of your members are from that area.

JONNO_CELEBS
10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Erm....no we have about 20% English members, seval Americans, a very very nice Canadian....3 actually, Skweeky is from Belgium, and several Aussies and the board has sod all to do with Sheringham, the name is just a side of the surf site :)

Enjoy the vids :)

Jonno B)

razorsharp013
10-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Oh, sorry, I meant no offense by that. But in that case I&#39;ll give it a good look through, thanx&#33; :)

JONNO_CELEBS
10-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Oh no offence was taken dude, I just wanted to clear that up just so you understood :)

Jonno B)

hobbes
10-15-2003, 01:35 AM
http://www.virginia.edu/afrotc/area2/werewolf.jpg
Ahhhhooooowwlll&#33; My thread has been hijacked. Grrrrrrr&#33;

j2k4
10-15-2003, 05:25 AM
I kinda got past Halloween when it got dangerous for my kids, and all the do-it-yourself costuming went by the wayside.

I loved that shit; when I was a kid, I did myself up as the Mummy (Karloff-style)-nobody could believe I did it with no help.

I do, however, have an appreciation for the old classic horror films, and am finally going to start collecting them again-

I got off to a great start the other night with a restored version of the 1922 German silent, "Nosferatu", featuring Max Schreck as the vampire; Murnau directing.

I&#39;m waiting for the original (silent) Lon Chaney, Sr, versions of The Phantom of the Opera and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. :)

:o :o :o :o :o

MagicNakor
10-16-2003, 08:13 AM
The best part of Halloween/Thanksgiving is candy corn.

I could live off that stuff.

I think I&#39;m addicted to it. Help me.

:ninja:

j2k4
10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Let your teeth do your thinking, there, MN. ;)

You&#39;ll thank them later. :)

I hear fried cabbage is good for the withdrawal anxieties, but it gives you gas, which is another issue, involving the nose-

It&#39;s a vicious circle, really...... :huh:

TheDave
10-16-2003, 03:45 PM
is candy corn popcorn?

clocker
10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
J2,
I share your appreciation of Nosferatu and would recommend you check out a recent film,Shadow of the Vampire, a homage/update that I found very entertaining...

j2k4
10-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by clocker@16 October 2003 - 10:46
J2,
I share your appreciation of Nosferatu and would recommend you check out a recent film,Shadow of the Vampire, a homage/update that I found very entertaining...
I have heard of this-where might I find it? :huh:

If you say Blockbuster, remember where I am, huh? :)

thewizeard
10-16-2003, 07:37 PM
I have posted this before; "the haunted room&#33;"

http://image.uploader.net/uploaded/CH07I488.gif

You have view it a little while......

Gutter
10-16-2003, 08:04 PM
i hated that animation when i first saw it, creepy little girl

here are some masks i made for a halloween avatar

http://slskboard.savagenews.com/uploads/photo-29621.jpghttp://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/151/151317/pages/366747/mask2.jpghttp://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/151/151317/pages/366747/mask3.jpg

hobbes
10-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@16 October 2003 - 16:45
is candy corn popcorn?
http://crpuzzles.com/puzzle/puzzle0046.jpg

Just a sweet, corn syrup based, artificially colored waxy/chewy candy shaped to resemble kernels of corn. Corn is a symbol of fall/halloween, just like pumpkins.

Candy contains NO corn and does not taste like CORN.

bigboab
10-16-2003, 11:43 PM
NO Corn&#33;

Thats my posts cut in half then. :lol:

sArA
10-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Ahhh so sad.... :(

No one wanted to continue with the ghost story....and I was just getting into the swing of it too....

clocker
10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by sara5564@17 October 2003 - 06:17
Ahhh so sad.... :(

No one wanted to continue with the ghost story....and I was just getting into the swing of it too....
Sara,

You and hobbes were doing a brilliant job with the ghost story.
I am sad to see it wither on the vine also.

I would like to help, but as you know I have recently lost the great love of the latter part of my life-anna&#33;annamiller&#33;- and my grief is taking all my energy.

If I mend in time I shall join your literary endevour....

hobbes
10-18-2003, 06:15 AM
http://www.doombuggies.com/media/ravenscro...tro_to_hm_lp.ra (http://www.doombuggies.com/media/ravenscroft_intro_to_hm_lp.ra)
http://www.doombuggies.com/media/howard-lester_hmlp.ra
http://www.doombuggies.com/media/renoudet_ghost_host_hmlp.ra

Try these links.

BTW, the voice you hear is in link 1 is Thurl Ravenscroft, from "How the Grinch stole Christmas" or better known as the voice of "Tony the Tiger".

hobbes
10-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Ok, the story and the song of the haunted mansion can be found here.

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_albumart.htm

Click on the play button on the left of the screen next to the picture of the raven and the coffin.

The lead male voice is Ron Howard.

Enjoy.