PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Upload? Seriously, Never Used Kazaa..

CaptP
10-09-2003, 03:18 AM
this is the first time i've ever downloaded a p2p. i've got kazaa lite ...put my music and vids in a shared folder.

are my files being shared and anyone who searces will be able to download them, is it that simple.

or am i missing something? how do i upload...how do i know it was succesful?

kaydeecaine
10-09-2003, 03:20 AM
You're doing everything correctly.Leave the files in your shared folder.

junkyardking
10-09-2003, 03:55 AM
and if you want to direct friends, family or anybody else to download certain files in your folder create some hashes http://doa2.host.sk/help/sig2dat.htm that work with kazaa lite.

DasScoot
10-09-2003, 05:31 AM
You'll see when something's being uploaded (unless you have it set to clear completed uploads, then you might miss it).

There's 2 ways to upload lots of stuff:
1. Have stuff in high demand.
2. Have rare stuff. (Meaning if someone wants it, they have to get it from you)

I've got movies, music, all sorts of stuff. But it's always the absolutely freakiest thing I happen to have on my hard drive that gets shared the most.

internet.news
10-09-2003, 09:10 AM
if you have many files - 1000 for example - uploads would start
normally faster... cause it is more possible that someone needs you as
as a source :)

othmanni
10-09-2003, 12:14 PM
hey guys what if i have a movie on cd how can i ad it to my shared folder
Note: i dont care about the RIAA or any body else .plz tell me how to do it and i will see great deall of good quality stuff ...aight :D halla

Benno
10-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by othmanni@9 October 2003 - 13:14
hey guys what if i have a movie on cd how can i ad it to my shared folder
Note: i dont care about the RIAA or any body else .plz tell me how to do it and i will see great deall of good quality stuff ...aight :D halla
Do oyu mean you have a .avi file burned to CD? If so just copy it into your shared folder.

fkdup74
10-09-2003, 02:41 PM
just copy it from the cd/dvd into your shared folder, and if format/file extension becomes a question, theres some decent ripping software floatin around, just do a search in the forum

othmanni
10-09-2003, 04:40 PM
al i am saying that i have alot of DVDs and i wanna share them in the fastrack net work ...so what shoud i do exactly..should but the DVD and just copy its content and poste it in the folder or is it more complicated than i thought and if so tell me ho0o0o0w aight??

Gre1
10-09-2003, 04:46 PM
IF u mean full DVD-R I never knew anyone to share them on kazaa cause they are so big but if u mean just a regular movie just put them in the shared folder (Default C:/My Shared Folder) check options if u don't know which one is your shared folder, then u would have to make a hash (Read the faq to learn how) because noone will know about that file unless u do that.

othmanni
10-09-2003, 08:05 PM
come on man :angry: please read again wat i have said ....tell you what i will just say it once and for all ...
i have dvd movies(on cd) and when you go the CD derive you will see that there weared icons you know not as if it is realone or windows media noh man it just some weard shit ...so my questin is howcan i copy that god damn thing to my shared folder nad yesby the way i know where my shared folder is ...is this good halla :lol:

powershot
10-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok what your are talking about are the actual dvd files. No one wants to DL 7 gigs plus off you just to see your movies. So what you need to do is rip the movies. That means getting just an imgage of the movies. This will be playable on most video players on our pc's. Example Winows media player. You really should Rip movies before sharing them...example a dvd movie that is 7 gigs can most of the times be ripped to 600- 700 mb.

does that make sense?

othmanni
10-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Wo0o0o0w finaly we are on something ..thanx dude.. :rolleyes: i know that this is a lil bit to much but how can i rip a movie :D

Benno
10-09-2003, 10:04 PM
have a look at http://www.doom9.org

kAb
10-10-2003, 05:50 AM
since no1 has really explained it yet.. :rolleyes:

upload is others downloading from you

it doesn't happen unless they want to download from you.

dont worry, if you make it, they will come.

or something like that :blink:

Adster
10-10-2003, 06:04 AM
an ultimate newbie

kAb
10-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 22:04
an ultimate newbie
an ultimate spammer

:lol: :D :P ;)

MUSLEMAN
10-10-2003, 06:31 AM
as long as you see your files on the bottom right hand of klite you have done your part, just make sure you have 2or more slots open with decent bandwith

rokstar
10-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by othmanni@9 October 2003 - 16:40
al i am saying that i have alot of DVDs and i wanna share them in the fastrack net work ...so what shoud i do exactly..should but the DVD and just copy its content and poste it in the folder or is it more complicated than i thought and if so tell me ho0o0o0w aight??
hello well if ud like i can help you out here is my msn name
[email protected] just add me cool.

rokstar
10-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Benno@9 October 2003 - 22:04
have a look at http://www.doom9.org
By the way benno your english is getting alot better bro and keep learning as much as u can cool.

Switeck
10-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@10 October 2003 - 01:31
as long as you see your files on the bottom right hand of klite you have done your part, just make sure you have 2or more slots open with decent bandwith
If you can't upload faster than 4 KB/sec (32 kilobits/sec upload limit in KL++), don't bother setting Max uploads greater than 1. :P

For 56k, it's best to put MAX uploads to 1 and upload bandwidth max to 24 kilobits/sec (3 KB/sec).

In *ANY* case, disable optimal bandwidth while idle/extra upload bandwidth while idle.

othmanni
10-11-2003, 07:36 AM
hey man that really helpped a lot but what do you think is the best prgram to rip a movies ....i found a lot of em but now am confused which one to use ...beside i got these movies on tape right but when i tried to but em on my PC they turn out to be so large do u bleave it ....man i tried to record a 5 min clip from a tape and it took i.4 GB this shit is waste full aint it but if u have any idea how to minimise that shit i will be greatfull ..i mean is there is way to rip movies recorded from video tape to computer ?? ....halla :unsure: