PDA

View Full Version : Should i convert from mac to Win 7?

Totti
10-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I am thinking about buying a new computer and was wondering if i should stay on mac or move back to a windows based computer. Things i need to consider are that i can buy a top of the line pc for about 4,500 shekels and the most basic mac will cost me about 6,000. The difference in the price is pretty substantial plus when it comes to bang for buck i get allot more from a pc.

What do you guys think?

awaited
11-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Go for windows, I tried mac for a while but just couldn't resist windows for long. moreover many softwares , games are compatible with windows.
moreover it'll save u some bucks.

Skiz
11-01-2009, 06:20 AM
What are your main computer uses?

Totti
11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Mostly internet and burning dvdr's other than music (I have an ipod touch) and that's it really. I have absolutely fallen in love with toast..... is it available for windows also???

buggyfresh
11-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Mostly internet and burning dvdr's other than music (I have an ipod touch) and that's it really. I have absolutely fallen in love with toast..... is it available for windows also???

I use both - you don't need a mac for that! Get the PC - only get a mac if you decide to go into photojournalism, movie and/or music industry..or into genetic research (many apps are made for macs). PC rules for piracy lol

edit: and no Toast for PCs but Nero is good enough i find.

Speedo
11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
You could buy a PC that are somewhat compatible for an Hackintosh install.
Then you can install Osx, windows or linux. Could be an option.

TrollinThunder
11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
If I could play games on my Mac without dualbooting, which I don't like because it requires me to close out uTorrent, I would have stayed with a Mac.

I grew up as a Mac user and love the OS. I'm using my MacBook now to post this and have an iMac at home. If I were only doing what you do, I would have simply upgraded my Mac.

But I bought a gaming pc instead in anticipation of MW2 (fail). I got used to Windows 7, which I like a lot more than XP on my office pc. It isn't really a practical concern, but it feels more modern, which I like. The best part is that this thing is a beast. It will outrun a MacPro but only cost a third of the price.

inthistwilight
11-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree with BuggyFresh. Macs are way too expensive and not worth the money unless you are in the industries he stated. PC is the way to go for me, especially if you're DL games via torrents, it's much easier to find for pc.

BOSMAN
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
mac is beter for work i think:)

Totti
11-10-2009, 06:24 PM
i think i wil go for a pc after searchin the market i can get one for a great price

thx for all the help pepps!

ashraf24
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
mac is beter for work i think that too

blazer22
12-03-2009, 02:55 AM
I would convert to windows anything (cept ME)from MAC if I were you