PDA

View Full Version : Are you mad at the Snitch??

Albo Da Kid
11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm curious to know how you UK-T members feel about the guy that snitched you out to save his ass.

I personally hate his guts and would spit in his face for being such a fukin coward.
I mean he had the balls to make profits out of selling DVDs but he didn't have the balls to take the full punishment. I guess he believed that he was never going to be caught.

After all he had been a member in Uk-t for 4 years and all that time I'm guessing his relationship with the other staffers must have been very close. How could he go and rat them out so easy? He could have put them all through a lot of shit if they weren't fast enough to delete the database and records.

What's his name? From now on he should be referred to as "[insert name] The Rat"

Patriot foreve
11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
"You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks”

ca_aok
11-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, if I was being investigated for gross copyright infringement with intent to profit (i.e. selling pirated DVDs) and had already been arrested, I'd be looking for ways to shorten my inevitable sentence too.

Yeah it sucks, but what's done is done. No point sitting around worrying about things you can't change.

smcewa11
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Not mad at all. Most people would do the same. Getting people to roll over and give up their accomplices is something that law enforcement excels at.

He could have put them all through a lot of shit if they weren't fast enough to delete the database and records.

They would not have been fast enough. Chances are if he made a deal then he gave full cooperation in assisting them to gather all the evidence they could.

megabyteme
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, if I was being investigated for gross copyright infringement with intent to profit (i.e. selling pirated DVDs) and had already been arrested, I'd be looking for ways to shorten my inevitable sentence too.

Yeah it sucks, but what's done is done. No point sitting around worrying about things you can't change.

This is the first time I have read any specifics, so I am assuming that what people in this thread are saying is true.

That said, the guy who was selling the "pirated" DVDs already broke a MAJOR ethical issue for many of us. This community is NOT about money, it is not about selling- it is about the sharing and communicating of information (and hopefully, the relationships we build in doing so).

Someone who is going to violate that ethical concept will have NO issue disrespecting any other relationship that he/she has ever had. I would argue that he/she was NEVER one of us. They were an outcast, a thief, a mongrel dog far BEFORE they infiltrated our community.

So, in a way, you are right ca_aok, IFF you were guilty of doing what "the Rat" did, there would be no reason NOT to turn on the community, the site, or your pretend friends- he/she NEVER belonged in the first place. This kind of low-life needs to be eradicated from our mix. They give the MPAA and the RIAA and anyone else who would wish to damage, or destroy, us the ammo to do so.

ca_aok
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I've seen at least one staff member confirm that someone selling pirating DVDs was part of the site removal. As to the story about multiple staff arrests and such that Benjamin just told, I see no reason for him to lie but I've also seen no confirmations and it's a bit of a tall tale. It would explain the lack of info from staff though.

jasperr
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
it's one thing to be caught with sharing warez/movies etc... it's entirely different when you get caught making money from it, as then you have crossed the line into federal territory which brings serious shit!

it's not surprising this guy would be cooperating by giving up his sources.. especially since the authorities are no strangers to UK-T.. isn't that the reason they went underground so to speak before? didn't get snagged with anything but it was a close call..

anyways, it doesn't bold well for them..

megabyteme
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks, ca_aok. What has been said here has a ring of truth to it. I believe there is an important lesson here in how important it is for each individual in the community to hold to standards. Anyone who thinks that we are all "essentially stealing" so we can just do whatever we want should think again.

Keep the money/profit out of sharing. It is NOT what we do; it is NOT who we are. That goes for individuals as well as sites. You know what you are doing, stop doing it! You are giving all of us a bad image- you are giving strength to those who want to end us.

cinephilia
11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
the snitch = Bad-Day.

one of my source confirmed that he got released on parole few days ago.
no more informations were provided.

stay tuned.

Funkin'
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I thought this was going to be about a recent poll here. :P

Anyways, about him snitching...well, you never know what you would do until you are in the hot seat. But, it was his own stupidity that brought him down. You don't sell pirated DVD's, that's foolish. So he had noone to blame but himself, so he should have taken the punishment.

And, he could have said that he obtained the dvd's from any public tracker, warez forums, newsgroups, etc. But he specifically named uk-t. Maybe he wanted to get the site in trouble for whatever reason.

Totti
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
None of us where their while he was interrogated we don't know what info the police have on him and what techniques they used to get him to speak.
Furthermore i assume that no one here (including myself) has aver been accused of any sort of crime and being interrogated by cops.
Yes he could of said a different tracker name but under the pressure he probably cracked and he told them the truth.
the sites gone now nothing you can do about it and that's the way of piracy or anything illegal in the end law enforcement will have the upper hand

jasperr
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
And, he could have said that he obtained the dvd's from any public tracker, warez forums, newsgroups, etc. But he specifically named uk-t. Maybe he wanted to get the site in trouble for whatever reason.

perhaps, it does leave us to wonder about that as he could just as easily said he got his stuff from ScT, TL or SCC even.. :unsure:

BobFromAccounting
11-02-2009, 04:16 PM

perhaps, it does leave us to wonder about that as he could just as easily said he got his stuff from ScT, TL or SCC even.. :unsure:

"Hey, I can hand you guys one of the most coveted and highly sought after trackers in the bittorrent world on a silver platter."

"Let's make a deal ;)"

Honestly look at it from the two completely opposite spectrums...

They fail with TPB (Not them in particular, but you know what I mean) which is one of the absolute behemoths in the bittorrent world. They can't make their point with it, it's still up and running. They're told they can be handed the polar opposite of TPB, one of the most private trackers out there. Well they're going to try to make their point that way.

This is of course pure speculation, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibilities.

And as for the snitch, it may have been a dick move, but it's just human nature. If he can save his own ass by turning over some people he knows from the internet, then of course he's going to do it, and don't deny that when you're looking at the remainder of your life being put in jeopardy by that criminal record that you wouldn't consider it yourself. This doesn't mean I endorse what he may or may not have done, but again, something I could see happening. You'd be surprised how little friendship means to many when it comes to their own well being.

Bad-Day
11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
the snitch = Bad-Day.

one of my source confirmed that he got released on parole few days ago.
no more informations were provided.

stay tuned.

Due to respect to uk-t the first time you open your mouth and sad all the shit you said, i did not reply, and again, you mention me ?
Wtf, cinephillia, are you black or white these days ?

If you want to open your mouth, .... so badly.... ---->>
, blow me :D

On topic, the old anonymous days, are probably returning... kill the snitch

babab007
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Real life, literally is real life....if i ever owned a site, i'd never let that put my RL in jeopardy....
though i never came to know the complete story behind the tracker goin down, and even if i did, it wouldnt change things much...

CPC464
11-02-2009, 11:04 PM

"Hey, I can hand you guys one of the most coveted and highly sought after trackers in the bittorrent world on a silver platter."

"Let's make a deal ;)"

Honestly look at it from the two completely opposite spectrums...

They fail with TPB (Not them in particular, but you know what I mean) which is one of the absolute behemoths in the bittorrent world. They can't make their point with it, it's still up and running. They're told they can be handed the polar opposite of TPB, one of the most private trackers out there. Well they're going to try to make their point that way.

This is of course pure speculation, but it isn't out of the bounds of possibilities.

And as for the snitch, it may have been a dick move, but it's just human nature. If he can save his own ass by turning over some people he knows from the internet, then of course he's going to do it, and don't deny that when you're looking at the remainder of your life being put in jeopardy by that criminal record that you wouldn't consider it yourself. This doesn't mean I endorse what he may or may not have done, but again, something I could see happening. You'd be surprised how little friendship means to many when it comes to their own well being.

think they would rather have taken down TL. than uk-t.

megabyteme
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM

Hi Karid,

I have enjoyed your recent insightful posts- both this one and the "better member" comments are very well thought out and articulated! I hope you continue to enjoy the discussions here. :)

While I don't disagree with your assessment in this post, the underlying (lack of) principles concerns me. And I understand that you are not talking about yourself, but expressing an attitude that is commonly out there.

I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

With that in mind, I will make the argument that in reality the police are not your friends. No one who gathers information on you and threatens your freedom will EVER be your friend! If someone is not your friend, do not help them in their tasks especially ones that will have dire consequences on others. There is honor in resistance under these circumstances.

pone44
11-03-2009, 12:00 AM
If the person was a man or adult then they should have known what they were doing. They were the ones who signed up for the site and unless a complete idiot, they knew selling pirated material is illegal. They should take responsibility for their dumb ass actions and not throw another under the bus to slither their way out. No matter how much they were pressed or how much time they were "supposedly" facing which is probably exaggerated to make them talk.
Whatever agency arrested this person/people and all others try to make it seem like the end of the world with their scare tactic/lies and people break. I bet they did not even talk to lawyer before they opened their mouth. Whoever sold the Pirated material and was caught should have taken responsibility for their actions completely! will wake up everyday and see a rat in the mirror Filesharing is pretty much a victimless crime. These anti p2p agencies whatever it was are not rich as hell throwing the money they make and seizing property back into a crooked tax base that makes the rich get more money. A lot of music artists say P2p does not affect their profits. It is the $ hungry lawyers,anti filesharing companies that push things like this to get their (overpaid)cut of the clients money. I wasn't a member of the site nor was i ever but I do not like seeing people ruins others lives because they were too stupid. I do not know the person so I can't i am mad at them personally but at their actions. Could never claim to be a man again. A rat is a rat and will always be one.

I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

With that in mind, I will make the argument that in reality the police are not your friends. No one who gathers information on you and threatens your freedom will EVER be your friend! If someone is not your friend, do not help them in their tasks especially ones that will have dire consequences on others. There is honor in resistance under these circumstances.

Very well put^!

bumrocks
11-03-2009, 12:27 AM
...I have always operated under the idea that when arrested you keep your mouth shut. Period. You will NEVER talk your way out of trouble. No matter how nice the cops seem to be, they are NOT your friend. They are doing their best to take away your freedoms or the freedoms of others- and are gathering evidence with every word you say. Even if they can "misinterpret" what you are saying, they can put it in their report. After that, good luck trying to convince a judge that "a sworn officer of the court" was wrong or manipulating what you said.

Excellent advice to use and have in life. Unfortunately, as mentioned before, people crack under pressure. Some person will read this and be arrested at some point for something and they will crack to the police bs because they can't hold their mud.

The key with the police is to have a plausible short answer so as to leave them to believe that you know nothing about any bigger fish to fry. The second they believe you they will leave you the hell alone. If you beat around the bush they will verbally beat (hopefully just verbally) the bush till there are no leaves left...They prey on the weak in their most weakest moments...Stay strong and be smart.

Back on the principle subject...I'm not sure that this whole story is 100% true and that the guy even snitched out anyone. Until someone straight up tells me I should be nervous I am going to roll on...

TP635
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Have you guys been called up and interrogated by the police before? You won't know until you are there.

Cabalo
11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
What we don't know is if he only snitched UK-T. Probably he had a lot of bookmarks on his browser...

bumrocks
11-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Have you guys been called up and interrogated by the police before? You won't know until you are there.

Yes, I have. In California. And did 10 months on a 11/29 sentence (2 months longer than I should have due to loosing all my "good" time). I didn't just make shizzle up or pass what others have told me.

My advice will hopefully save someone the interrogation process or at least the vast majority of what it could be...

But like I said...Not everyone can handle the pressure...They have folded their hand, resided to the fact that they will say anything to try and lessen their potential sentence, and have become someone that is a puddle of mud before they even get to the station. Hopefully they will man or woman up while they sit in intake waiting to be booked (if they get the time or chance)...

puckface
11-03-2009, 12:54 AM

three words: "call my lawyer"... then shut the fuck up.

megabyteme
11-03-2009, 01:48 AM

Yes I have. I kept my mouth shut when I was charged with something a friend had done. We got it sorted. I had his back, he had mine. Ultimately, neither of us were held accountable. It doesn't always work out so nicely, but we both kept our mouths shut when it was necessary.

Even if you do not have a lawyer, keep your mouth shut. But, yeah- get a GOOD one. Public defenders are worthless!

TP635
11-03-2009, 02:30 AM

Yes you can do that in Canada; try doing that stun in a 3rd world country.

Night0wl
11-03-2009, 02:39 AM
I have been interrogated three times, once they threw me in isolation for what turned out to be only a few hours, before interrogating me. I never snitch and I can't stand those who do. One of the times, I covered for a friend, who crashed my car drunk, as much as I possibly could. All he had to do was also deny deny deny, but he cracked under pressure and admitted everything. Something I seriously didn't expect. He got a huge fine and his license suspended for letting the cops scare him into telling everything and also had to pay damages to both my and the other (parked) car he hit. Instead he could have kept his mouth shut and just reimbursed me for the raised insurance. I kept getting pulled over after that, for the simplest of things and fined, like no seatbelt, one busted license plate light etc.

Edit: BTW he had to say he took my car, because I of course would never admit he borrowed it. So add theft to the list of things he was fined for.

That is what talking to the cops does for you.

ovisan
11-03-2009, 03:17 AM

That happened in the UK

bloody cat's arse pikey

puckface
11-03-2009, 04:11 AM

Yeah, Im pretty sure the UK isn't a third world country. But to expand on your hypothesis, in a third world country you wouldn't get arrested for some DVD's, they have bigger problems.

TP635
11-03-2009, 04:31 AM

Yeah, Im pretty sure the UK isn't a third world country. But to expand on your hypothesis, in a third world country you wouldn't get arrested for some DVD's, they have bigger problems.

Rest assured; yes, people do get arrested for selling DVD on the street corner. I personally know of one. (he did not give enough 'protection' money to the local police.):yup:

Benjamin
11-03-2009, 04:33 AM
I've seen at least one staff member confirm that someone selling pirating DVDs was part of the site removal. As to the story about multiple staff arrests and such that Benjamin just told, I see no reason for him to lie but I've also seen no confirmations and it's a bit of a tall tale. It would explain the lack of info from staff though.

That was just my version of how it went down, based on real information.

I've had my experiences with the police as a young kid, luckily my parents had an expensive lawyer who taught me never to talk to cops. Not everybody out there knows, you guys should appreciate the people here telling you information that may save your life one day.
I highly recommend these videos for everyone to watch.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

Back on topic, I think in any good crime, and yes piracy is a crime, loyalty should be a huge factor, and this guy had none. I am surprised though, usually sites host their servers in countries where nobody has jurisdiction, so even if every member snitches they would still be safe. I'm guessing UK-T overlooked this?

FreakinWeasel
11-03-2009, 05:07 AM
The sad part about being anonymous on the net is that you DON'T really feel loyalty. If you felt like you had to make money off DVD sales and got busted and the cops said "we'll reduce your sentence/ charges if you help us shut off the hose of dvd rips" then probably 90% would bail on their so called tight internet friends. That being said we all know the risks and yet choose a life of....file sharing so shame on all of us. Spend a night in jail and stare at a few hundred thousand dollar bill before you demonize this waste of human flesh.

pone44
11-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Best advice given so far!

You just say lawyer,lawyer,lawyer or STFU until the lawyer gets there! Interrogations are to get people to talk about anything then they use it against the person, they twist words around. Where is the lawyer or walk the yard like a man. Only choice in my eyes.

The sad part about being anonymous on the net is that you DON'T really feel loyalty. If you felt like you had to make money off DVD sales and got busted and the cops said "we'll reduce your sentence/ charges if you help us shut off the hose of dvd rips" then probably 90% would bail on their so called tight internet friends. That being said we all know the risks and yet choose a life of....file sharing so shame on all of us. Spend a night in jail and stare at a few hundred thousand dollar bill before you demonize this waste of human flesh.

Is the principal of it and the persons idiotic actions. They deserve to go to jail (the bootleggers) not anyone else that they dragged into it to try and reduce a sentence. That is BS. As said, the person was no man! A slippery rat that will NEVER be respected wherever he/she goes! As all rats.

grow4dough
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
the thing that makes no sense to me about all of this is that he actually said uk-t was where he got it. anybody in uk-t could list off about 10 shitty public trackers or even something like torrentleech which the authorities already know about but have yet to close down. if i was given the option of a lesser sentence for telling police where i got the dvd's i would say the pirate bay or mininova and be done with it. im sure they couldnt search his apartment or home right away, tell them a lie and use your phone call to get a buddy to run over to your place and grab your computer. certain shit cant be lied about like it was obvious he burned dvd's and had the intention of selling them but pretty much every detail surrounding that could have been lied about and they couldnt have proven otherwise.

megabyteme
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
the thing that makes no sense to me about all of this is that he actually said uk-t was where he got it. anybody in uk-t could list off about 10 shitty public trackers or even something like torrentleech which the authorities already know about but have yet to close down. if i was given the option of a lesser sentence for telling police where i got the dvd's i would say the pirate bay or mininova and be done with it. im sure they couldnt search his apartment or home right away, tell them a lie and use your phone call to get a buddy to run over to your place and grab your computer. certain shit cant be lied about like it was obvious he burned dvd's and had the intention of selling them but pretty much every detail surrounding that could have been lied about and they couldnt have proven otherwise.

No. Turning on TL, mininova, or ANYONE else is just as cowardly and stupid. Just because UK-T was a liked (elitez) site does not mean it deserves more "protection". You keep your mouth shut regarding yourself AND everyone else. Period.

Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that ratting on anyone is EVER justified. Don't be a part of fucking ANYONE over.

Bad-Day
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM

COuld they allready have been infiltrated on uk ? And knew all about it, before they busted who ever they busted ?

kooltilldend
11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
i'm obviously late to the party but i'll still add a few things

clearly everyone here suggests that someone snitched uk-t but could it perhaps just be that they infiltrated his house, saw his utorrent or w/e and saw which sites he was dealing with? basically didn't even ask him but already found which sites (or in this case perhaps just uk-t) he was upping too?

also as much as I hate profiting from torrenting, its obvious that its more commonly occurring than what many of us may realize...that said, "snitching" others is just absurd and disgusting so if he did anything like that...shame on him really

yes, I've never dealt with police (thankfully) and hopefully never will but even if I did...I'd do all I can to make sure my mouth stays more than shut than open regardless of the circumstances

pone44
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Doubt we will ever know what Really happened. Hopefully this snitch or unfortunate guy does not get any members or staff there in trouble and people learn from this.

cinephilia
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Due to respect to uk-t the first time you open your mouth and sad all the shit you said, i did not reply, and again, you mention me ?

maybe it's just me but i feel a touch of bitterness.. :rolleyes:
anyhow i can understand... you must miss uk-t soooo much :console:

oh and i think i'm black!..... not sure though :unsure:

Bad-Day
11-03-2009, 11:03 PM

maybe it's just me but i feel a touch of bitterness.. :rolleyes:
anyhow i can understand... you must miss uk-t soooo much :console:

oh and i think i'm black!..... not sure though :unsure:

you are still white.... waiting for the real one to come back ( black cinephillia )

no hard feelings, im just messing whit you,,,
and yes, i like quiet places,,, that are easy to seed.

waiting for fl to come back,,,

yankeezfan1
11-04-2009, 01:41 AM
So... who was the snitch

Furball67
11-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Hard for me to criticize someone else's decision, I can only say that if caught in similar circumstances myself I would have clammed up and taken the rap. On the other hand I am not dumb enough to try and profit from a bit torrent site in the first place, so I guess it is a moot point.

Bad-Day
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
So... who was the snitch

[you] tag

Fishy2
11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
I can’t be asked to spend time making this eloquent so I won’t! Am I mad at the snitch? If the way this is being told is correct, because there is still some doubt over the way things are being portrayed, or even if it just along the right lines then yes mad as hell!

Regardless of human nature and the desire for self preservation, any individual must adhere to his own ethical or moral code, and pretty high up on mine is don’t drop your mates in the sh**!

If he was part of that type of community then it should be the same for him, or he was a good pretender.

Having said all that I do get the pressure he may have been under, but hey if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

Ags
11-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The main thing is that no staffers or other members got any (real) heat from this whole thing. It's a shame that the site is closed, but if all is good in RL, then there'll always be a way to return in some form (we all hope anyway).

sez
11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
The main thing is that no staffers or other members got any (real) heat from this whole thing. It's a shame that the site is closed, but if all is good in RL, then there'll always be a way to return in some form (we all hope anyway).

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5919/logicc001.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8990/logiccc002.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9117/logick003.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3759/logick004.jpg
That said,it is highly unlikely that whoever caused the site take down was some random guy.Probably a staffer.

grow4dough
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM

No. Turning on TL, mininova, or ANYONE else is just as cowardly and stupid. Just because UK-T was a liked (elitez) site does not mean it deserves more "protection". You keep your mouth shut regarding yourself AND everyone else. Period.

Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that ratting on anyone is EVER justified. Don't be a part of fucking ANYONE over.

you either misinterpreted what i said or you're a bit slow. if you have a legal document in front of you saying that if you give up your source then you'll get a reduced sentence, you take it and lie. whats the point of staying strong and not ratting if ratting doesnt affect anything? and i wasnt saying you shouldnt name uk-t because of how elite it was or some bullshit, i was in uk-t and nobody in there that i knew of had that attitude. im saying that if you name a huge place like mininova or torrentleech then you're just giving them information they already have and they clearly cant shut down places like those or they would have done it already, uk-t or any other small site on the other hand will and rightfully should close down shop if they are being investigated by the police. in this case saying "i got my dvd's from mininova" wouldn't change a thing except get you a reduced sentence, if you dont take that deal you're a fucking moron.

puckface
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
For a second I thought this thread was about bumrocks.

KushBlow
11-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow you guys keep up with the latest things going down in BT. Nice.

megabyteme
11-04-2009, 09:30 PM

you either misinterpreted what i said or you're a bit slow. if you have a legal document in front of you saying that if you give up your source then you'll get a reduced sentence, you take it and lie. whats the point of staying strong and not ratting if ratting doesnt affect anything? and i wasnt saying you shouldnt name uk-t because of how elite it was or some bullshit, i was in uk-t and nobody in there that i knew of had that attitude. im saying that if you name a huge place like mininova or torrentleech then you're just giving them information they already have and they clearly cant shut down places like those or they would have done it already, uk-t or any other small site on the other hand will and rightfully should close down shop if they are being investigated by the police. in this case saying "i got my dvd's from mininova" wouldn't change a thing except get you a reduced sentence, if you dont take that deal you're a fucking moron.

You are calling me slow? You think it is better to lie about someone not involved at all in the situation and that makes it OK? So it's alright to be a snitch (to reduce your own sentence) as long as you are a liar too. I hope you never get caught doing anything because you are a cop's best friend. You'll roll on anyone to save your own ass. You have obviously missed EVERY bit of advice posted here. Please re-read and have someone explain the big words for you.

Dude, check your ETHICS. :angry:

cinephilia
11-05-2009, 03:11 AM
sometimes, fear is stronger than ethic.
years ago, i got caught 6 months after stealing "some stuff" with an acquaintance.
the cops prompted me to say it was all his fault and that i was just an impressionnable partner in order to sentence him and to reduce my responsibility - it was far from being his first offense if you know what i mean.
well, i've been interrogated 4 times: first, they tried to be friendly as possible with me but the situation has quickly escalated and they tried to hurt me (they even beat me on the face repeatedly) but i was strong enough not to crack under the pressure.
i didn't crack but honestly, i couldn't blame someone who can't resist to such an agression. in this kind of situation it's not a matter of ethic anymore but it's a matter of character.

Benjamin
11-05-2009, 04:24 AM

No offense but that's just internet talk, not real at all. As far as my friends and family go, I would kill for them. But fuck the rest. Naming a site like thepiratebay or any other known site would be a courtesy because they have smart staff who wouldn't be affected by it.

megabyteme
11-05-2009, 05:48 AM
sometimes, fear is stronger than ethic.
years ago, i got caught 6 months after stealing "some stuff" with an acquaintance.
the cops prompted me to say it was all his fault and that i was just an impressionnable partner in order to sentence him and to reduce my responsibility - it was far from being his first offense if you know what i mean.
well, i've been interrogated 4 times: first, they tried to be friendly as possible with me but the situation has quickly escalated and they tried to hurt me (they even beat me on the face repeatedly) but i was strong enough not to crack under the pressure.
i didn't crack but honestly, i couldn't blame someone who can't resist to such an agression. in this kind of situation it's not a matter of ethic anymore but it's a matter of character.

Thanks for the story, cine. I will admit that things are different (softer) in the US, Canada, and elsewhere. I might have a bit more sympathy for those who break under real pressure or physical duress. And you are certainly right about character being involved. I think it can even be said that ethic is a sub-set of character.

Either way, you are the kind of guy I can trust. Someone who understands friendship, and not hanging others out to pay for your crimes and your "word".

I find it very upsetting to read posts of people who are not even under any kind of duress already justifying how they would turn on someone else. I think it is pretty easy to sort those people out in this thread.

Edit- to Benjamin. No, it isn't just "internet talk". Several of us have at one, or more, times faced jail time and cops. We did not turn on our friends and we did not lie about anyone else. I'm sure your family appreciates that you would be "unethical" in their name, but I am certain they would not think too highly of someone who lied about you to reduce his/her sentence. What you think is a good idea at the time opens you up for some serious retaliation later. Nobody protects a "rat".

Anyway, just throwing out some ideas that you probably have not had to deal with. Hopefully you never will. :)

Benjamin
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Edit- to Benjamin. No, it isn't just "internet talk". Several of us have at one, or more, times faced jail time and cops. We did not turn on our friends and we did not lie about anyone else. I'm sure your family appreciates that you would be "unethical" in their name, but I am certain they would not think too highly of someone who lied about you to reduce his/her sentence. What you think is a good idea at the time opens you up for some serious retaliation later. Nobody protects a "rat".
Anyway, just throwing out some ideas that you probably have not had to deal with. Hopefully you never will. :)

I was talking about snitching on people outside of friends and family, as you clearly stated you shouldn't rat ANYONE out. I am sure the person who named UK-T was sent straight to witness protection to prevent the violent retaliation of staff.

kooltilldend
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM

No offense but that's just internet talk, not real at all. As far as my friends and family go, I would kill for them. But fuck the rest. Naming a site like thepiratebay or any other known site would be a courtesy because they have smart staff who wouldn't be affected by it.
well I think the first thing here is how you define friends...for some people, friends are only those they hang-out with everyday, see face to face and so on...i.e. not just "internet friends"

well for me (and I'm sure I speak for many others) I have friends I have never met online (or perhaps just once or twice) who I would rate just as well...I would def. care for them and would do all I can to make sure they don't face any harm as a result of my actions and most def. would absolutely never "rat" on them

clearly this guy didn't see UK-T (or any of its members) under the same light...but really, in such cases, such a person shouldn't even be on the site - let alone being able to cheat on the site and its other users - who genuinely cared about the site (and for each other)

that's just my opinion though

megabyteme
11-06-2009, 12:47 AM
I was talking about snitching on people outside of friends and family, as you clearly stated you shouldn't rat ANYONE out. I am sure the person who named UK-T was sent straight to witness protection to prevent the violent retaliation of staff.

I seriously meant nobody. TPB, Jimmy Hoffa, Mother Teresa, The Easter Bunny, et al. You simply do not say anyone's name. Even if they are already under suspicion/surveillance/arrest, or on death row. I do not know how to make this much clearer...

x=person, persons, or organization

Do not rat on "x". Period. Ever.

y=circumstances

Do not rat on x, even if y. Period. Ever.

wantonhero
11-06-2009, 04:09 AM
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, the supposed rat involved himself in mo money mo problems, which makes him a loon who violates the tenants of the community at large, and thus is properly labeled a c***sucker.

On the other hand, he got in somehow, so does that mean I have to grudge against that person who invited him, or the person that invited them? Was it lack of discretion by omission or commission?

Basically, the guy put a lot of good people at risk, and that makes me madder than the tracker going down. Whether or not you buy into the community aspect, there is a warm body on the other end of every bit you download, and he put each of us in jeopardy through cowardice and avarice. That, I can not abide.

Benjamin
11-06-2009, 08:20 AM

I seriously meant nobody. TPB, Jimmy Hoffa, Mother Teresa, The Easter Bunny, et al. You simply do not say anyone's name. Even if they are already under suspicion/surveillance/arrest, or on death row. I do not know how to make this much clearer...

x=person, persons, or organization

Do not rat on "x". Period. Ever.

y=circumstances

Do not rat on x, even if y. Period. Ever.

If I am facing major time and I have my lawyer conduct a reduced sentence deal that involves me ratting someone I don't care about, you know what me and everyone who is real would do. It's obvious you're all talk trying to be an e-thug or something.

megabyteme
11-06-2009, 11:20 AM
If I am facing major time and I have my lawyer conduct a reduced sentence deal that involves me ratting someone I don't care about, you know what me and everyone who is real would do. It's obvious you're all talk trying to be an e-thug or something.

No. I am trying to get through to you that you would not want to be sitting in a cell because someone lied about you.

You've never been arrested and you have already decided to roll over... You think that is respectable? Will actually benefit you and your family?

Feel free to read my previous posts. I'm not a thug, e- or otherwise. Actually, I am a grad student earning a MA in Communications. A significant amount of my studies have revolved around philosophy. I've spent far more time reading about and discussing ethics than I care to remember.

I was also not the best behaved teen you will ever come across. I have spent time with the court system. I am typically very effective in defending myself in front of a judge. A background in philosophy is VERY helpful if you ever have to do so. :)

Rolling over on someone is a punk thing to do. And I can almost guarantee that you will not get to just walk away and live your life while someone else sits in jail. You roll on someone, you will find your name mentioned next time someone else needs to make a deal. You screw someone over like that and your name will get spread around.

If you got screwed over, wouldn't you try to get back at them?

TrackerDaddy
11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
True sad storry. sorry for all of you UK-T members..
will hope one day you will raise again in some form or another :yup:

Benjamin
11-06-2009, 01:10 PM

No. I am trying to get through to you that you would not want to be sitting in a cell because someone lied about you.

You've never been arrested and you have already decided to roll over... You think that is respectable? Will actually benefit you and your family?

Feel free to read my previous posts. I'm not a thug, e- or otherwise. Actually, I am a grad student earning a MA in Communications. A significant amount of my studies have revolved around philosophy. I've spent far more time reading about and discussing ethics than I care to remember.

I was also not the best behaved teen you will ever come across. I have spent time with the court system. I am typically very effective in defending myself in front of a judge. A background in philosophy is VERY helpful if you ever have to do so. :)

Rolling over on someone is a punk thing to do. And I can almost guarantee that you will not get to just walk away and live your life while someone else sits in jail. You roll on someone, you will find your name mentioned next time someone else needs to make a deal. You screw someone over like that and your name will get spread around.

If you got screwed over, wouldn't you try to get back at them?

I would never put myself in a situation where somebody could snitch on me. I never said anything about lying. Thanks for assuming I haven't been arrested though. Nobody cares about being respectable when it comes to staying out of prison. I understand though, philosophy is usually all ideas/theories and is almost never applicable to the real world. So I apologize for calling you an e-thug, the correct name would be philosopher. As for retaliation, there are hundreds of ways to avoid that.

sez
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
This

So I apologize for calling you an e-thug, the correct name would be philosopher.

kallieb
11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm not suggesting I know anything at all about this specific issue, and till now whether there was or not a person and this particular event brought down the site should clearly be considered - at this point - speculative.

What is interesting, however, are the two main themes arising: 'what would you do if' and 'if that happened to me i would do...' (more emphasis on the latter I should add). What drew me to post is on that basis.

Imho, it is very difficult to judge another's actions unless you know the full circumstances surrounding it. Armchair quarterbacking is such a luxury, and not as congruent as we would like to think if ever you or I happened to be in that same situation.

Those who have been under the hot lights hinted at this, and I consider their thoughts far more than someone who is just speculating at what they would do if in a similar situation. But experience aside, no two persons situations are the same.

The possibility of a fine/criminal charges can have little or great meaning to someone depending upon their personal circumstances. How much someone has to lose is often the barometer to what actions and choices we will follow.

The techniques of police interrogation should not be under regarded: Fear, and isolation, basic human nature and the blowback on how someone will react to the possibility of criminal charges/fines/possibility of imprisonment makes for a powerful combination which can shape our actions in a manner that can go completely against what we thought we would do when all we had was the luxury of speculation.

If a crim charge/fine meant that a person's life path which they are close to entering or completing would go for a massive flush, who among us are prepared to throw away something so central to the life we want for ourselves. For some jobs, having a crim record period, slams shut doors. For others, it would mean conflict within the family that they aren't prepared to risk, or stir up.

Enough of my drawn out explanation. Point is made.

sez
11-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm not suggesting I know anything at all about this specific issue, and till now whether there was or not a person and this particular event brought down the site should clearly be considered - at this point - speculative.

What is interesting, however, are the two main themes arising: 'what would you do if' and 'if that happened to me i would do...' (more emphasis on the latter I should add). What drew me to post is on that basis.

Imho, it is very difficult to judge another's actions unless you know the full circumstances surrounding it. Armchair quarterbacking is such a luxury, and not as congruent as we would like to think if ever you or I happened to be in that same situation.

Those who have been under the hot lights hinted at this, and I consider their thoughts far more than someone who is just speculating at what they would do if in a similar situation. But experience aside, no two persons situations are the same.

The possibility of a fine/criminal charges can have little or great meaning to someone depending upon their personal circumstances. How much someone has to lose is often the barometer to what actions and choices we will follow.

The techniques of police interrogation should not be under regarded: Fear, and isolation, basic human nature and the blowback on how someone will react to the possibility of criminal charges/fines/possibility of imprisonment makes for a powerful combination which can shape our actions in a manner that can go completely against what we thought we would do when all we had was the luxury of speculation.

If a crim charge/fine meant that a person's life path which they are close to entering or completing would go for a massive flush, who among us are prepared to throw away something so central to the life we want for ourselves. For some jobs, having a crim record period, slams shut doors. For others, it would mean conflict within the family that they aren't prepared to risk, or stir up.

Enough of my drawn out explanation. Point is made.
and you never disappoint :P

I fully agree with you that context is indeed everything.Its kinda injudicious for anyone to suggest that ethics should pulverize all else regardless of corollary.

megabyteme
11-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I would never put myself in a situation where somebody could snitch on me. I never said anything about lying. Thanks for assuming I haven't been arrested though. Nobody cares about being respectable when it comes to staying out of prison. I understand though, philosophy is usually all ideas/theories and is almost never applicable to the real world. So I apologize for calling you an e-thug, the correct name would be philosopher. As for retaliation, there are hundreds of ways to avoid that.

So you have been arrested AND you are decided to snitch on someone in case it happens again. Thanks for clarifying that.:lol:

Philosophy is very effective in staying out of jail. You don't screw anyone over (for one) and if you are up against a judge, you can make reasonable arguments as to why you are not a scumbag. It works pretty good.

Best of luck in you continued efforts to "avoid retaliation". :lol::lol::lol:

Some of us don't have to constantly look over our shoulders AND if we happen across a mirror, we can stand to look in it. How's that for you?

At first, I thought you were just a naive kid and was trying to teach you how to be a man. Now you have convinced me that you are a low-life. Nice job! At least you are doing a GREAT job of showing everyone how a rat justifies its existence. Or maybe you are not really a rat, just an e-rat wannabee.:lol:

If that is truly how you conduct yourself in life, I am certain you will get yours. And you will cry like a little girl when your shit comes back to you.

Edit- And I would like to remind people of my early post regarding individuals who have already gone outside of the community. I mentioned that selling pirated DVDs makes one a non-community member.

Ethics are most important BEFORE getting yourself into serious trouble. Screwing someone else over to save your own ass is seriously messed up. Yes, there is context. IMO, you have already made your bed when you have gotten to the point where you are given the choice to "rat" on someone. I hope that some people uphold some integrity when faced with situations that have great affect on others.

I am actually quite startled by those who see being the conduit for someone else's misery acceptable.

Edit2- Granted, there is a lot of stuff in philosophy that may, or may not be, usable. Logic, ethics, and existentialism are all very valuable! I've mentioned before that I have gotten more of my "bigger questions" answered in communications than I did in philosophy. However, this is one situation where all of the BS gets set aside. You have put yourself in a bad situation. In order to get out of the situation, you become DIRECTLY responsible for putting someone in a worse position than you currently are. If that is the case, all of those things that make you think you are a decent, kind person are all SHIT.

I get into a lot of discussions around here and TBH, most of them are really just academic time killers. This is one that seriously bothers me. I am very disappointed at the "quality" of the community members who are already decided that they will fuck anyone over to save their own skin. :sick:

cinephilia
11-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the story, cine. I will admit that things are different (softer) in the US, Canada, and elsewhere. I might have a bit more sympathy for those who break under real pressure or physical duress.
actually, i didn't use the right word. i've been slapped, not "beaten" (there's a big difference). sorry :blushing:

megabyteme
11-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the story, cine. I will admit that things are different (softer) in the US, Canada, and elsewhere. I might have a bit more sympathy for those who break under real pressure or physical duress.
actually, i didn't use the right word. i've been slapped, not "beaten" (there's a big difference). sorry :blushing:

That's alright, cine. It sounds like a lot of westerners get weak when faced with bright lights.

From the posts here, I think a slap might kill some of these people. If not, it would at least get them to turn on anyone they ever met.

All things said, you are the kind of guy I would want as a RL friend. Frankly, many of the other posters are making me sick right now. :dry:

Gawd, I hope that they are in a minority and the honorable ones are just keeping quiet. Now that I think about it, that WOULD be in character for them, wouldn't it? :happy:

Edit- So what people who are "thinking about reality" (from posts above) are really saying...

"I'll be your friend- as long as there is no real cost to me."
"I'll be honest- as long as there is no real cost to me."
"I'll be trustworthy- as long as there is no real cost to me."
"I'll be brave- as long as there is no real cost to me."
"I'll think of others- as long as there is no real cost to me."
"I'll be responsible for my own actions- as long as there is no real cost to me."

I'm sure there are more, but it is a good start.

Benjamin
11-07-2009, 12:18 AM
So you have been arrested AND you are decided to snitch on someone in case it happens again. Thanks for clarifying that.:lol:

I never clarified anything to you. We were having a debate over what to do in a given situation, and suddenly ... you stated that I have never been arrested. I said you were assuming things. You read my response and now according to you I have been arrested and plan to snitch the next time it happens.
In reality, I never told you whether or not I have been arrested, it's just you guessing information.

Philosophy is very effective in staying out of jail. You don't screw anyone over (for one) and if you are up against a judge, you can make reasonable arguments as to why you are not a scumbag. It works pretty good.

People here are talking about real situations. All you are doing is preaching philosophy values that are not practical in the world. Does it make you feel special or something? By the way, I highly recommend you get a real lawyer to speak for you if you are ever in trouble.

Best of luck in you continued efforts to "avoid retaliation". :lol::lol::lol:
Some of us don't have to constantly look over our shoulders AND if we happen across a mirror, we can stand to look in it. How's that for you?

You really have a gift for random assumption.

At first, I thought you were just a naive kid and was trying to teach you how to be a man. Now you have convinced me that you are a low-life. Nice job! At least you are doing a GREAT job of showing everyone how a rat justifies its existence. Or maybe you are not really a rat, just an e-rat wannabee.:lol:

At first, I thought you were just a regular FST poster expressing his opinion and I was trying to have a discussion with you. Now you have convinced me that you are a desperate dude trying anything and everything to get the upper hand in an argument.

If that is truly how you conduct yourself in life, I am certain you will get yours. And you will cry like a little girl when your shit comes back to you.

I actually think that you will be the one to cry like a little girl if you ever get into a real situation and your idealistic views fall apart.

Ethics are most important BEFORE getting yourself into serious trouble. Screwing someone else over to save your own ass is seriously messed up. Yes, there is context. IMO, you have already made your bed when you have gotten to the point where you are given the choice to "rat" on someone. I hope that some people uphold some integrity when faced with situations that have great affect on others.

I am actually quite startled by those who see being the conduit for someone else's misery acceptable.

I am sure everyone here appreciates your ethical views on life. You are really down to earth and you don't just talk about things. If you say something is messed up, you are absolutely right. [/sarcasm]

Edit2- Granted, there is a lot of stuff in philosophy that may, or may not be, usable. Logic, ethics, and existentialism are all very valuable! I've mentioned before that I have gotten more of my "bigger questions" answered in communications than I did in philosophy. However, this is one situation where all of the BS gets set aside. You have put yourself in a bad situation. In order to get out of the situation, you become DIRECTLY responsible for putting someone in a worse position than you currently are. If that is the case, all of those things that make you think you are a decent, kind person are all SHIT.

No, it's not one of those situations. That is a situation in your fairytale land. People's facing years of prison is a real situation. But to answer your made up situation, I would be directly responsible for putting someone in a worse position. For a guy who studies philosophy, you don't seem to know much about it.
One of the basic principles is "There is no right or wrong, only religion." I think I learned that in 5th grade, and you still haven't understood it.

I get into a lot of discussions around here and TBH, most of them are really just academic time killers. This is one that seriously bothers me. I am very disappointed at the "quality" of the community members who are already decided that they will fuck anyone over to save their own skin. :sick:

Everyone here is telling you the same thing I am. They may be not be as direct as I am, but they feel the same way about the situation. You are just delusional.

megabyteme
11-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Benjamin,

I'll just leave what I said and you can leave what you said. You did say something, right? Because you seem to have never said things one way or another...yet you are more direct than most people. Anyway, you defined yourself as someone will roll over on others. I have been arguing that is never acceptable. You can pick and choose- and I expect your tolerance for onus is very limited.

You feel it is acceptable to let someone else do your time if it will save your ass. That makes you a piece of shit in my book. Sorry I mistook you for a decent kid earlier. I also am sorry for anyone who gets fucked over by you because you feel that it is "OK, situationally".

I seriously hope that those who haven't had the "pleasure" of getting to know your stance on the topic get as far from you as possible. To know you is to potentially get fucked over by you.

People can reread the thread to see if they agree with me.

Benjamin
11-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Benjamin,

I'll just leave what I said and you can leave what you said. You did say something, right? Because you seem to have never said things one way or another...yet you are more direct than most people. Anyway, you defined yourself as someone will roll over on others. I have been arguing that is never acceptable. You can pick and choose- and I expect your tolerance for onus is very limited.

You feel it is acceptable to let someone else do your time if it will save your ass. That makes you a piece of shit in my book. Sorry I mistook you for a decent kid earlier. I also am sorry for anyone who gets fucked over by you because you feel that it is "OK, situationally".

I seriously hope that those who haven't had the "pleasure" of getting to know your stance on the topic get as far from you as possible. To know you is to potentially get fucked over by you.

People can reread the thread to see if they agree with me.

Every single person who has heard my stance on this topic has completely agreed with me except you. I am man enough to admit what my real action would be under different situations, I don't hide myself behind fake ethical talk like you do.

megabyteme
11-07-2009, 03:04 AM
I can honestly say I am happy I do not know you. I would hate to be anywhere near you when you needed someone to pay for something you have done.

Good riddance. And no, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

BTW, it's cute how you jumped on the philosophy thing. It's one part of my life, its one part of my education.

Benjamin
11-07-2009, 03:46 AM
I can honestly say I am happy I do not know you. I would hate to be anywhere near you when you needed someone to pay for something you have done.

Good riddance. And no, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

BTW, it's cute how you jumped on the philosophy thing. It's one part of my life, its one part of my education.

Are you legit dude? To be honest, you seem messed up somehow like this whole time you didn't understand what I was saying and you only respond to my arguments with things like "you rat" and "glad I don't know you". Are you just slow in the head or do you have some other issue? I mean I can barely make sense of some of your posts, even your RIAA signature doesn't make any sense. I thought maybe it's a language difference but you are from the US obviously.

megabyteme
11-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Are you legit dude? To be honest, you seem messed up somehow like this whole time you didn't understand what I was saying and you only respond to my arguments with things like "you rat" and "glad I don't know you". Are you just slow in the head or do you have some other issue? I mean I can barely make sense of some of your posts, even your RIAA signature doesn't make any sense. I thought maybe it's a language difference but you are from the US obviously.

Talking to you has been entirely pointless. You simply cannot understand why it is unacceptable to fuck someone else over to save your own skin. I can only hope others will treat you with the same disregard.

I do my best to screen people like you out of my life.:dry:

TrollinThunder
11-07-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.getonmyhorse.com/

Totti
11-07-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.getonmyhorse.com/

lol ummm sweet lemonade

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 04:55 AM
You simply cannot understand why it is unacceptable to fuck someone else over to save your own skin.

You simply cannot understand why it is unacceptable to download someone else's work for free to save your own wallet.

Burnsy
11-08-2009, 05:58 AM
You simply cannot understand why it is unacceptable to download someone else's work for free to save your own wallet.

I'm a little confused, maybe what you said appears to be off topic... does this mean you are against file sharing?

I download other people's work all the time to watch movies etc and to save my own pocket?

Doesn't anyone else do this too? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, and if so, I apologise...

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 06:17 AM

I'm a little confused, maybe what you said appears to be off topic... does this mean you are against file sharing?

I download other people's work all the time to watch movies etc and to save my own pocket?

Doesn't anyone else do this too? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, and if so, I apologise...

I'm just pointing out that he's a hypocrite.

Burnsy
11-08-2009, 06:22 AM

Oh right, I appear to have missed the point entirely :lol:

I'll return back into my box :D Wake me up in spring :lol:

Intr4ns1t
11-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Every single person who has heard my stance on this topic has completely agreed with me except you. I am man enough to admit what my real action would be under different situations, I don't hide myself behind fake ethical talk like you do.

How does that follow? No offense, but abstention from responding is not inherently approval. In my personal experience, I have found myself in that situation when I was younger. Instead of ratting out the people the police wanted me to rat out, I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY OWN ACTIONS. I did a healthy bit of county jail time in fact and about 10x what they offered me for a plea bargain. I thank the stars I got that out of the way when I was young enough to escape prison time.

I will give you props for admitting to yourself that you lack the moral fiber to own up to your own mistakes, but as we are not talking about family matters, but criminal matters, it's moot that you would kill for your family. Honestly, most people would say the same thing about family. It is quite presumptuous though to presume that the vast majority that you imply would also just as freely and without thought snitch on someone else to save their own ass. It is the ultimate betrayal and abhorrent in virtually every culture. You have to wonder why that is don't you?

Stankia
11-08-2009, 07:46 AM
lol who buys pirated DVD's these days? You can just download them for free...

megabyteme
11-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Wow! You really don't want people to see you for what you are, do you? You desperately need others to tell you that what you are is OK.

And you might from time to time. The world has no shortage of cowards. You tend to find others that will group around you, and they have similar shortcomings...kinda like...what's that word?...Oh, yeah. RATS!!!:lol:

Edit- How is it that you think all acts have equal moral value? Is downloading a song or a movie anywhere nearly as caustic as sending someone else to jail for a crime that you have committed? It's not even close.

You have already stated that you do not understand my writing, but perhaps you can have an adult sit down with you at bedtime and he/she can read you some of my other posts. Go back far enough and you will find my defense for the sharing of information. As someone else pointed out, it is a victimless crime. Actually, more of a misdemeanor.

But that is really just a weak attempt at misdirection.

As for having someone else serve your jail time- that is a whole different level. One of cowardice and immaturity.

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
In my personal experience, I have found myself in that situation when I was younger. Instead of ratting out the people the police wanted me to rat out, I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY OWN ACTIONS. I did a healthy bit of county jail time in fact and about 10x what they offered me for a plea bargain. I thank the stars I got that out of the way when I was young enough to escape prison time.

To each his own, if they were asking you to snitch out someone you didn't care about, I will never understand that.

I will give you props for admitting to yourself that you lack the moral fiber to own up to your own mistakes, but as we are not talking about family matters, but criminal matters

I was talking about criminal matters when I mentioned my friends/family, I would never snitch on them.

It is quite presumptuous though to presume that the vast majority that you imply would also just as freely and without thought snitch on someone else to save their own ass.

If you take away the 'fear of retaliation' part, most people would. I'm not trying to presume anything, it's happening every day.

It is the ultimate betrayal and abhorrent in virtually every culture. You have to wonder why that is don't you?

That way of thinking was started by criminals who wanted to make it harder for police to catch them.

Wow! You really don't want people to see you for what you are, do you? You desperately need others to tell you that what you are is OK.

And you might from time to time. The world has no shortage of cowards. You tend to find others that will group around you, and they have similar shortcomings...kinda like...what's that word?...Oh, yeah. RATS!!!:lol:

You can continue with the name calling, it really doesn't help your argument.

Edit- How is it that you think all acts have equal moral value? Is downloading a song or a movie anywhere nearly as caustic as sending someone else to jail for a crime that you have committed? It's not even close.

If you want to talk morals, you have to be congruent with yourself. The different moral value is irrelevant.

You have already stated that you do not understand my writing, but perhaps you can have an adult sit down with you at bedtime and he/she can read you some of my other posts. Go back far enough and you will find my defense for the sharing of information. As someone else pointed out, it is a victimless crime. Actually, more of a misdemeanor.

Several people on this forum have caught on to your posts and called you "slow" or "dumb" in the past, it's not just me. Think that through.

But that is really just a weak attempt at misdirection.

It wasn't misdirection, it is completely relevant to the topic.

As for having someone else serve your jail time- that is a whole different level. One of cowardice and immaturity.

If someone snitches another person out to the police, that person will do their own jail time for their own crime. Cowardice involves fear, if someone doesn't feel like spending years of their life in a prison cell, I wouldn't call that fear. As for immaturity, let's put that one under the long list you have of nonsense.
I can say some people who don't snitch are cowards though, and it's very true.

megabyteme
11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Benjamin, you sound like a 19 year old. What is your age?

You also come across as a loud mouth with no real education to back up your "arguments". Please enlighten us on your formal education.

As for your ability to understand my arguments- I converse with PhDs weekly. They have no difficulty understanding me in person or in my papers. Neither do the other graduate students I come across. I think the difficulties are on your end.

Edit- Where are you going with your "argument", BTW? I seriously doubt I will talk you into finding reasons to not fuck people over and you are not going to successfully talk me into being a scumbag.

I call you names because you make my skin crawl. There really is no reason to be civil to you.

I already said I wouldn't have anything to do with you IRL. Why would I want to continue to talking to you here?

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Age and education are irrelevant, and I think it's an absolute joke that you think "conversing with PhDs weekly" is something. You can stop responding to my posts anytime you want, but it will be because you have nothing of value to say.

megabyteme
11-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Age and education are irrelevant, and I think it's an absolute joke that you think "conversing with PhDs weekly" is something. You can stop responding to my posts anytime you want, but it will be because you have nothing of value to say.

I just wanted to capture this. :lol:

As for your argument (whatever it is) is pointless. You have identified yourself as a low-life, turn on anyone (who is not a "friend") to save your own ass, cops' bitch.

It would be impossible for anyone to defeat you any more than that. :01:

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 10:21 AM

I just wanted to capture this. :lol:

As for your argument (whatever it is) is pointless. You have identified yourself as a low-life, turn on anyone (who is not a "friend") to save your own ass, cops' bitch.

It would be impossible for anyone to defeat you any more than that. :01:

You have proved to be a very intelligent person. [/sarcasm]

megabyteme
11-08-2009, 10:51 AM
You have proved proven to be a very intelligent person.

Why thanks, Benny. I still think you are a punk bitch.:happy:

In all seriousness, my inability to make you into a decent human being should not reflect on me. I did what I could, but I am sure someone will eventually get screwed over by you. I wish them all the best in their vengeance.:dry:

sez
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
lol at the drama
In all Honesty I think benjamin does have a point(aside from the theatrics).I don't think that he is implying that he'd rat on people nicknames (useless information without IPs and RL details) just for the heck of it or to save his own ass for that matter.

There haven't been that many P2P busts but from the few that have been there,its clear that people do indeed talk(I mean lets be real here),take OiNK for example,I think almost all the staffers eventually got arrested but as of now,none of them is in for anything serious.Some sole ranger on the other hand just got fined ~$2 million for some 24 low quality 128kbps mp3s.
Don't ask me how but there is just something about number and co-operation.

Look at the scene as well,the moment a group gets busted,it doesn't matter how gangsta it was or how long its been around but within hours,BNCs get changed.I dunno if that's taking care of each other but I like to think its so(i.e you are at liberty to co-operate if you want).

Look at RNS as well,I think all of them got arrested(co-operation and talking) and if recall correctly they supplied over 25,000 album copies over the years yet you hear that none of them is going to get anything past 5 years nor fines exceeding 250 grand.Now imagine if someone got indicted in such a mass piracy case and refused to talk,how do y'all think family or a RL jury would receive him/her?

Why do a quarter century yet you have an option to distribute it around such that each person does 5years?
That's much more logical and kinda has that brotherhood gangsta touch as well :P.

Benjamin
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I mean lets be real here

megabyteme doesn't seem to understand that concept.

chalice
11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
megabyteme, don't you consider your full-on tedious assault upon Benjamin to be somewhat pointless, given that every word posted in this thread falls firmly into the cantons of hypotheticals?

You're lynching him upon things he's never done and likely never will.

Perhaps you're too consumed with your philosophy papers to clearly see straight.

Rart
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I am man enough to admit what my real action would be under different situations, I don't hide myself behind fake ethical talk like you do.

I think I'm man enough to admit that I feel like a girl :lol: (wut?)

I finally took the time to read through this thread and wow... I'm surprised at the things you guys have gone through. For christs sake, I feel bad when I throw my bottle in the trash can rather than in the recycling. Perhaps that's from the hippy town I've been raised in and grown to love. I think if I did anything that even hinted of the cops my Asian parents would outcast me for life.

One question I would like to raise, perhaps more toward the original topic: why would the cops care if the "snitch" admitted he got the DVD's from the UKT? First off, there are thousands of brainless idiots that could get pirated material off Google, let alone one of the most low key private trackers out there. Thousands of people pirate and sell DVD's everyday, and UKT has absolutely nothing to do with it. Most of this originates from the scene, and torrent sites have absolutely nothing in common with DVD counterfeiters. There are thousands of counterfeiters and the scene seems to be the source of movies making it to the market: why bother with a insignificant torrent site?

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 12:48 AM
megabyteme, don't you consider your full-on tedious assault upon Benjamin to be somewhat pointless, given that every word posted in this thread falls firmly into the cantons of hypotheticals?

Perhaps you're too consumed with your philosophy papers to clearly see straight.

Yep it's hypothetical here. So are a lot of our discussions. My problem with it (Benny) stems from its attempts at making snitching acceptable. We have seen others with the same leanings.

If you are already willing to bend over in a hypothetical discussion how much of a complete ball-sucking bitch will they become in a real-life situation?:O

It's gotta go something like this scene from The Girl Next Door. Where Benny is the porn slut. http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/elisha-cuthberts-sexy-hotel-room-strip-the-girl-next-door/216172828776938384/?icid=VIDURVMOV04

I am also deviating from my normal, mostly polite style to emphasize how some of us think about its kind. I would not piss on it if it were on fire. In fact, I'd go to the store and buy marshmallows and hope it was still screaming in pain and burning when I returned.

As for sez's comment, it would be a different concept all together if snitching meant "sharing the blame equally". That is not the case. The snitch gets off light and the ones snitched on get extended sentences that they would not have had because the cops did not have sufficient evidence to give them those charges or sentences. Snitches really fuck people over.

cinephilia
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
snitching may be acceptable if you're not the only responsible though.
why would you take responsability for other's actions besides yours?
would you spend a xx months sentence just for being proud to say "i'm not a rat"?

Albo Da Kid
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
What it boils down to I guess is "Personal beliefs". Some people believe that snitching is ok in certain circumstances, and some believe that it's never ok.

pone44
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Good point. Is like someone bringing you their car and asking you to fix it. You get pulled over driving it back to the person or test driving it and it was a stolen car or whatever. Depending on the relationship you have with the person, would you tell the truth, give a name or man up and take the hit?
There a thin line in every scenario.

snitching may be acceptable if you're not the only responsible though.
why would you take responsability for other's actions besides yours?
would you spend a xx months sentence just for being proud to say "i'm not a rat"?

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I think there is some confusion on the actual definition of the word "snitch".

Webster's definition of "snitch" here .

Noun 1. snitch - someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police.
The accurate use of the word "snitch" has to do with someone who is working with the authorities with the pretension that he/she is one of the law breakers. The informant, or "snitch" then turns on his partners in the crime and receives a lesser sentence, or is not charged by those authorities. There is also the situation where someone was initially party to the "act" and turns on his/her partners after the fact.

The above is from me in an older thread.

kallieb
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
^^Good point Pone44. There is a thin line in every scenario. We can take the abstract holier than thou ground that "i am against snitching" period. And then RL hits. MGM - you mentioned you have twins on the way. You ready to do time in jail while your partner gives birth alone, to save the ass of some dumbass? Let's say somewhere along the line in Grad school you (or anyone for that matter) are unfairly named in some incident which goes against the admissions/eligibility rules. You had a role but an innocent one but they're outing you - think you did it and you damn well know who did. You're threatened with academic discipline if you don't out the guilty party. Are you ready to get drummed out of grad school or have a massive black mark on your academic record on the basis of some dumbass, rather than "be a snitch". These can be rhetorical questions to anyone, or anyone can answer as they see fit. Fill in the 'example' with anything meaningful to your personal life and then look back again at this 'I'd never snitch' position and in almost all instances - we will think twice. The consequences of our choices reverberate beyond our own moral convictions. We cannot look at our choices in isolation and rely solely upon our values. There is a domino effect. There is an expression that fits very well here: The only difference between a coward and a hero, is one step sideways. How I read this is, making a choice on what way to act is a split second decision. We can armchair postulate all we want - but at the end of the day, it is what is going on in our life and the domino effect of our choices, that will determine how we act. Each of us can be either a hero - or a loser. It all depends on the moment. Saying that our values an a predictable absolute is fine and dandy in a perfect world. RL is much more complicated.

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi kallie,

As usual, you bring good arguments to the table. I believe you were writing while I posted the definition of "snitch" above. Your scenario involves clearing your name from something that you did not have involvement in. That is not snitching.

Snitching involves escaping punishment for something that one did, by giving up information on others involved. Law enforcement takes that additional info and turns it into a more solid case against your partners in the crime.

There is nothing wrong with clearing your name. That is expected and good.

Knowingly committing a crime and screwing over your partners in that crime is cowardly and violates trusted relationships. Those are not acceptable actions.

Intr4ns1t
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
^^Good point Pone44. There is a thin line in every scenario. We can take the abstract holier than thou ground that "i am against snitching" period. And then RL hits. MGM - you mentioned you have twins on the way. You ready to do time in jail while your partner gives birth alone, to save the ass of some dumbass? Let's say somewhere along the line in Grad school you (or anyone for that matter) are unfairly named in some incident which goes against the admissions/eligibility rules. You had a role but an innocent one but they're outing you - think you did it and you damn well know who did. You're threatened with academic discipline if you don't out the guilty party. Are you ready to get drummed out of grad school or have a massive black mark on your academic record on the basis of some dumbass, rather than "be a snitch". These can be rhetorical questions to anyone, or anyone can answer as they see fit. Fill in the 'example' with anything meaningful to your personal life and then look back again at this 'I'd never snitch' position and in almost all instances - we will think twice. The consequences of our choices reverberate beyond our own moral convictions. We cannot look at our choices in isolation and rely solely upon our values. There is a domino effect. There is an expression that fits very well here: The only difference between a coward and a hero, is one step sideways. How I read this is, making a choice on what way to act is a split second decision. We can armchair postulate all we want - but at the end of the day, it is what is going on in our life and the domino effect of our choices, that will determine how we act. Each of us can be either a hero - or a loser. It all depends on the moment. Saying that our values an a predictable absolute is fine and dandy in a perfect world. RL is much more complicated.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You have shed a very good light on the bigger picture and I thank you for that. It's easy to get caught up in the idea of absolutes, but, in truth, every single situation is different. Each situation has different parameters that must be taken into account in a decision, and to forget that is dangerous.

Bad-Day
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
cinephilia is the snitch!

Benjamin
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
megabyteme, you are very lucky to have people like kallieb to spell it out word for word for you to understand.

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
No one ever addressed these points I brought up a few pages ago...

So what people who are "thinking about reality" (from posts above) are really saying...

"I'll be responsible for my own actions- as long as there is no real cost to me."

What are we if everything is situational? Friendship, trust, honesty, etc. all become relative. Are there no standards of decency? Doesn't anyone feel these things are worth facing hardship for?

pone44
11-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Kallie broke it down. well said. That would put you in a situation where you would be labeled a snitch. What I posted about a car,having stolen property. If it was some idiot that you just met and you were a mechanic. Would you take the years for a person you do not know so your name does not ring out snitch on the streets? You would have to give a name making you a snitch by your dictionary.

Hi kallie,

As usual, you bring good arguments to the table. I believe you were writing while I posted the definition of "snitch" above. Your scenario involves clearing your name from something that you did not have involvement in. That is not snitching.

Snitching involves escaping punishment for something that one did, by giving up information on others involved. Law enforcement takes that additional info and turns it into a more solid case against your partners in the crime.

There is nothing wrong with clearing your name. That is expected and good.

Knowingly committing a crime and screwing over your partners in that crime is cowardly and violates trusted relationships. Those are not acceptable actions.

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
There would be no relationship with the guy who brought the car in. We were not in the crime together. I would not be violating anyone's trust, because I had no part in the theft.

Snitching in this case would be:

The guy and I decided to start a chop shop together. He steals the cars and I make them sellable as parts.

The cops come in and arrest me. They offer me reduced charges if I agree to tell them who is stealing the cars.

I tell them (when they had no evidence)who he is and they convict my accomplice on several long-term charges. I get off light for doing so.

cinephilia
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
cinephilia is the snitch!
if it was me, you'd be in jail at the present time :yup:

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I will also add that I am very particular who I give my word to. I treat friendship (among other things) as something of value. I am cautious as to whom I make deals with.

When someone has my word, my friendship, and my agreement, they will receive those very things. And that includes my protection. I expect the same in return. If I cannot believe they hold these same things as sacred, then I keep my relationship with them very limited. I have a few friends who have lived up to this. Nothing that can be "situationalized" will change my relationship with these people.

Intr4ns1t
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM
No one ever addressed these points I brought up a few pages ago...

So what people who are "thinking about reality" (from posts above) are really saying...

What are we if everything is situational? Friendship, trust, honesty, etc. all become relative. Are there no standards of decency? Doesn't anyone feel these things are worth facing hardship for?

They are all situational though. That's the point that kallieb was trying to get across. And Benjamin as well, even if in a less than productive manner at points. We all have a certain line we will not cross, and some of us are more hardline than others, but that doesn't make the idea less viable.

It's not always a matter of "no cost", but more usually a matter of "what cost?". And sadly, there isn't a common standard for decency that extends to all of humanity. That is one of the things that makes us human. We all choose where we stand on morality and ethics on our own and once we have picked that place to stand, it's very hard to sway someone from that spot.

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
We all choose where we stand on morality and ethics on our own and once we have picked that place to stand, it's very hard to sway someone from that spot.

If I believed that the decisions were difficult for people I would not have such a strong reaction to the posts.

I think that the current generation of kids are starting to believe in everything being justifiable and relative. The decisions that should be hard become instinctual, base, and easy. There is also no perception of other, or price to pay for such life-changing decisions.

I drew the hard line because no one else was standing up for character, true friendship, and the other things in my (re)posted list.

My purposes in this thread have been to shine some light on respecting things other than "saving one's own ass" and justification. Also, to beat on the one willing to represent itself as justified in turning on someone.

Benny became my example of how strongly some of us would respond to being "sold out" by someone of his easy morals. In fact, some of us would never let such a violation go unpunished. Ever.

So I thank you, Intr4ns1t, for being someone who has paid that price for honor and friendship, and for bringing some real balance to this thread.

Now that all sides have been expressed...[/preaching] :happy:

Benjamin
11-09-2009, 11:21 PM
If I believed that the decisions were difficult for people I would not have such a strong reaction to the posts.

I think that the current generation of kids are starting to believe in everything being justifiable and relative. The decisions that should be hard become instinctual, base, and easy. There is also no perception of other, or price to pay for such life-changing decisions.

I drew the hard line because no one else was standing up for character, true friendship, and the other things in my (re)posted list.

My purposes in this thread have been to shine some light on respecting things other than "saving one's own ass" and justification. Also, to beat on the one willing to represent itself as justified in turning on someone.

Benny became my example of how strongly some of us would respond to being "sold out" by someone of his easy morals. In fact, some of us would never let such a violation go unpunished. Ever.

So I thank you, Intr4ns1t, for being someone who has paid that price for honor and friendship, and for bringing some real balance to this thread.

Now that all sides have been expressed...[/preaching] :happy:

To be honest, you are just straight up dumb man. You're one of those people who come off as intelligent and you might fool some people, but not everyone.

kallieb
11-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Sorry. I just have to add to it, because it isn't done. Never, ever underestimate the power of self-survival. Before we developed a 'cultured society' we operated at a far deeper level of existence, animalistic if you will - and those instincts are not out of us yet however civilized we may believe ourselves to be. Consider the examination of this in literature: Lord of the Flies, is one that comes to mind. This is not an abstract concept. This is human nature in action. We are animals, never forget it. Consider Mazlow's hierarchy of needs. Self-actualization is possible only when the foundations beneath are met. If our sense of survival is threatened, we will act accordingly. You think during times of duress, that it is that easy to stand firm? POW's were often placed in situations of compromise, and there were times they gave up their comrades, in order to live one more day. People who are lost, stranded, left to survive - sometimes had to resort to cannibalism. Did they think at the time, they would of done such an egregious thing? Likely not, but they did anyway. The only ones who judge and condemn the difficult choices made by men and women in these circumstances are those who never had to face such a difficult choice themselves. I now rephrase my postulations. Let us say, yes - you are culpable to the max. You are in it as high to your neck as your co-conspirators. Your choices at that moment is not just about you and your friend. Nor is it about you and a value system. It is about you.. and survival. You and jail. One can say, I'd never bail on my friend. Are you ready to bail on your wife? What if it is a choice between your wife, and your friend. What if it is a choice between your friend, and your fear of jail: A grinding fear of what might happen to you in there. A fear of confinement, a fear of losing your children. Animalistic. We are animals. We will act to self-survive. I strive to live a decent life. I hope never to be placed in such a difficult moral dilemma, but I have the foresight to know that I cant predict - absolutely - how I can be when all the variables that will shape my decision are not yet known. phew...

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
To be honest, you are just straight up dumb man. You're one of those people who come off as intelligent and you might fool some people, but not everyone.

I seriously doubt you have ever even "fooled" anyone with your intelligence. I will thank you, though, for being an excellent straw man. Some day you may realize that your "additions" to a conversation are only props for others.

Benjamin
11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
I seriously doubt you have ever even "fooled" anyone with your intelligence. I will thank you, though, for being an excellent straw man. Some day you may realize that your "additions" to a conversation are only props for others.

I've already tried to have a conversation with you, I can only hope that you will listen to kallieb now, she explains it much better than I did.

megabyteme
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
kallie,

Yes, I understand survival. Very well, actually.

I even made mention to cine early on that I understand how people could break under physical duress.

I think people have failed to see my deliberate part in this thread. That was to express the hard-line to those who cannot look beyond those base needs. I wanted people to see that there are difficult decisions to be made when deciding on someone else's fate.

The posts that pissed me off were the ones that gave little or no thought to others. It seemed so reflexive to save one's own ass.

A lot of people read philosophy in hopes of finding one absolute way to live and do things. They are mistaken in this. The value of philosophy is to understand all of the different perspectives before making an informed, careful decision.

For this thread, I was playing the part of the extremist. I did that because no one else was willing to defend the things that make people better than animals.

If people want to see me as an idealist, so be it. I have been called much worse. :)

This topic is one that requires deep thought. One's decisions should not be taken lightly or focused merely on self. They should also not be entirely focused on fear.

That is what I was trying to do in this thread. Shine some light on others, relationship, honor, commitment, compassion, and similar thoughts.

Maybe now, people will go back and reread the thread with that in mind. Far too much focus has been on me and not the (IMO) ideas worth fighting for.

TrollinThunder
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-the-please-stop-megabyteme-preaching-thread-376445

http://13gb.com/media/images/why_so_curious.jpg

megabyteme
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks TThunder,

I like the pic. It needs to be hosed elsewhere, though. I use tinypic.

And yeah, please do add to the thread you posted. Some will get my intentions here, others will miss them entirely. Oh, well. :/

TrollinThunder
11-10-2009, 12:19 AM
I can't be bothered to rehost a pic. I just have no idea why you're getting so deep on a bittorrent forum.

megabyteme
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I can't be bothered to rehost a pic. I just have no idea why you're getting so deep on a bittorrent forum.

I enjoy this community more than others I have come across and this is a community where "questionable" practices take place.

Why not have the discussion here?

I get a more active discussion of the "questionable" aspects of life here than I do at my university. This way I get different perspectives.

TrollinThunder
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Fair enough. I know nontraditional students tend to care too much about discussions. I'm been bored with such talk probably since sophomore year of college.

megabyteme
11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Different interests, that's cool. What are you interested in? Major? Career?

Did anything have any real "spark" for you? Some classes were just requirements for me as well.

As for the slight on being a non-traditional student, you'll have a hard time convincing me that my current school is not one of the top in the region. Also, most working professionals don't have their parents to pay their way while they continue into grad school. I'll hang with the ones who can stand on their own two feet any day. We have discussions that 20-somethings who live on their parents' dime cannot bring anything to.

brotherdoobie
11-11-2009, 05:46 AM

Yep it's hypothetical here. So are a lot of our discussions. My problem with it (Benny) stems from its attempts at making snitching acceptable. We have seen others with the same leanings.

If you are already willing to bend over in a hypothetical discussion how much of a complete ball-sucking bitch will they become in a real-life situation?:O

It's gotta go something like this scene from The Girl Next Door. Where Benny is the porn slut. http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/elisha-cuthberts-sexy-hotel-room-strip-the-girl-next-door/216172828776938384/?icid=VIDURVMOV04

I am also deviating from my normal, mostly polite style to emphasize how some of us think about its kind. I would not piss on it if it were on fire. In fact, I'd go to the store and buy marshmallows and hope it was still screaming in pain and burning when I returned.

As for sez's comment, it would be a different concept all together if snitching meant "sharing the blame equally". That is not the case. The snitch gets off light and the ones snitched on get extended sentences that they would not have had because the cops did not have sufficient evidence to give them those charges or sentences. Snitches really fuck people over.

Apparently, you don't have a problem with gleefully roasting marshmallows, over the smoldering remains of a hypothetical snitch, but your personal code of ethics - won't allow you to put the snitch out of his misery with a kindly piss?

How rude.

-doobs

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Apparently, you don't have a problem with gleefully roasting marshmallows, over the smoldering remains of a hypothetical snitch, but your personal code of ethics - won't allow you to put the snitch out of his misery with a kindly piss?

How rude.

-doobs

:noes:

Good to see ya up here, doobie!:)

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
darn your posts are hard to read with the lack of paragraphs but good god you write well!!...so as it is, I just have to respond since I loved reading this (sorry for the late response though as I didn't have a net connection for last 2-3 days)...anyways so here goes (i'll try breaking your response into separate quotes)

Sorry. I just have to add to it, because it isn't done. Never, ever underestimate the power of self-survival. Before we developed a 'cultured society' we operated at a far deeper level of existence, animalistic if you will - and those instincts are not out of us yet however civilized we may believe ourselves to be.

I agree with this part...humans have always been selfish and have always done things (in the past) that have benefited them more than others (survival tactics really)...however, with the existence of civilizations now...one is expected (and hoped) to act in a much more friendly nature...its not about "me" anymore...its about "us"...so in that sense, being selfish or acting purely on instincts is no longer a fair call (all other aspects assumed to be constant)

Consider the examination of this in literature: Lord of the Flies, is one that comes to mind. This is not an abstract concept. This is human nature in action. We are animals, never forget it. Consider Mazlow's hierarchy of needs. Self-actualization is possible only when the foundations beneath are met. If our sense of survival is threatened, we will act accordingly. Again those circumstances are no longer valid as that is not what we are taught or expected to act as...heck, even animals help out their comrades at times - and we are supposed to act in a whole lot more mature manner than them...again its all philosophical but its not a whole lot more unrealistic than what Maslow seems to claim (or LOTF seems to suggest - just look at Piggy and his actions!)

You think during times of duress, that it is that easy to stand firm? POW's were often placed in situations of compromise, and there were times they gave up their comrades, in order to live one more day. People who are lost, stranded, left to survive - sometimes had to resort to cannibalism. Did they think at the time, they would of done such an egregious thing? Likely not, but they did anyway. The only ones who judge and condemn the difficult choices made by men and women in these circumstances are those who never had to face such a difficult choice themselves. Well, I've never faced these situations so me judging them would be heavily unfair...that said, if a person resorts to cannibalism against say, their best friend or their own family...then I don't even need to judge them - they've shown their character already (and how much they cared for these supposedly-special people)...

Mind you, just like cannibalism exists, at the other end of the spectrum, we also have cases where people willingly sacrifice themselves just to protect others (and both sides are very realistic imo)..its all about a person's character and self-control (among other things)

I now rephrase my postulations. Let us say, yes - you are culpable to the max. You are in it as high to your neck as your co-conspirators. Your choices at that moment is not just about you and your friend. Nor is it about you and a value system. It is about you.. and survival. You and jail. One can say, I'd never bail on my friend. Are you ready to bail on your wife? What if it is a choice between your wife, and your friend. What if it is a choice between your friend, and your fear of jail: A grinding fear of what might happen to you in there. A fear of confinement, a fear of losing your children. Animalistic. We are animals. We will act to self-survive. I strive to live a decent life. I hope never to be placed in such a difficult moral dilemma, but I have the foresight to know that I cant predict - absolutely - how I can be when all the variables that will shape my decision are not yet known. phew...
Believe me, even if I was in a case similar to the above...I would still not snitch on anyone...if it is indeed my fault, then I will happily (ok maybe not happily) take all the blame for my actions regardless of the circumstances

In all truth, anyone who says they would prioritize their family (or in other words, themselves) over others are no different than the real-life criminals...always remember, in such instances, everyone loses something...just because you get off lightly and have a family to go back to...there's also someone else who pays the price and loses out on their family (or what not)

If I was indeed guilty and made someone else pay the price...I'd honestly regret my actions all my life and would probably end up dying in shame

In closing, I'd like to use a very commonly used quote which I think fits here very well

"Do unto others what you want to be done onto"

In short, do not snitch on others if you don't want others to do the same...trust is everything, you lose it once and it will never come back - hence the domino effect (you cheat on me, I cheat on someone else and so on...its a never-ending saga until someone takes a firm stance and accepts their mistakes fully)

Its just my opinion ofcourse but I hope I got my message across decently

Cheers!

p.s. I also want to make one thing clear which I didn't mention yet (forgot about it)...when I say I'll take the blame, I'm obviously only saying this when it is indeed "my fault"...I will never take any responsibility for anybody else's actions (and don't expect them to do the same - although I know some people who'd disagree here)...I may take responsibility for my family's actions but even then, I expect them to realize their mistake before I admit to their faults

In short, I'm not "foolish" enough to take other people's blame...yet am not "clever" enough to blame others for my mistakes either

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
In all truth, anyone who says they would prioritize their family (or in other words, themselves) over others are no different than the real-life criminals.. Just look at the most successful people anywhere. All of them have friends and family that they care about, but they also have a 'fuck everybody else' mentality. You think any of them sits around and wastes their life discussing philosophy? Selfishness is the driving force of life and if you hate on people for it you probably don't like yourself that much and envy people who do.

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
In all truth, anyone who says they would prioritize their family (or in other words, themselves) over others are no different than the real-life criminals.. Just look at the most successful people anywhere. All of them have friends and family that they care about, but they also have a 'fuck everybody else' mentality. You think any of them sits around and wastes their life discussing philosophy? Selfishness is the driving force of life and if you hate on people for it you probably don't like yourself that much and envy people who do.
wow that's a bit rude if I'd say so (and not to me, rather to these celebs)...you can't just "fuck everybody else" and have a successful career...ever heard of the term networking? yeah its supposed to mean the opposite...Bill Gates would be nowhere if Steve Ballmer wasn't running MS today (and rest assure they weren't "friends" when Gates started the company or when Ballmer joined - whichever position he started out as)...Tom Cruise would be nowhere if hadn't met the likes of Steven Spielberg, etc (and vice versa)...even today, Bill Gates can't just say "fuck Ballmer" and expect to remain at the top of the league...it takes a joint effort to succeed...and one person can ruin it all (I don't know the exact quote but it goes something like one dirty fish can make the whole lake stink)

Also these celebs have a "vision" which gets them where they are today...they don't "stab" (or in other terms, snitch) others to get where they are...yes, running a business can be cut-throat (due to the competition) but even then, everyone knows they are in it together...Microsoft maybe eternal rivals against Apple but even Microsoft knows they only exist due to them (Jobs/MS 1980's - you probably know what I mean)

p.s. I'd just like to mention there's a difference between grabbing an opportunity and "abusing" authority to destroy someone else's existence...and if people still don't feel any remorse when they do the latter...well then there's not a whole lot of difference between them and a cold-blooded murderer or serial killer who doesn't give a "rat's" (pun very much intended) ass about others

hope that makes sense

edit: i forgot to mention another thing...if you think discussing life's "philosophy" is a waste of time then you are either just downright naive or ignorant...life isn't lived by what you possess (i.e. materialistic crap) or by who you know (that's career - not life)...life is analyzed by what you do...by who you are (i.e. abstract - or in other words, philosophical aspects)

Mahatma Gandhi would be nobody today if it wasn't for his "philosophies"...Martin Luther King would be non-existent, etc etc...you could perhaps suggest all of these people are "stupid" that they cared more about "others" than about themselves (and not all the people they saved/helped were their "friends" since it was one of Gandhi's followers that killed him for e.g.)...but at the end of the day, everyone knows who Gandhi/King is...does anyone other than your "family and friends" know who you are? i'm afraid not

Honestly I can't stress this enough...if you "snitch" on others (in the most genuine terms) then you really do not appreciate "life" - call it philosophy or what have you...but that's what it is...in the simplest of terms

Its just an opinion though so take it with a pinch of salt if you must

pone44
11-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Is that really true though? That these people did not step over others to get where they are? Plus these guys you mention would snitch in a heartbeat.

Just look at the most successful people anywhere. All of them have friends and family that they care about, but they also have a 'fuck everybody else' mentality. You think any of them sits around and wastes their life discussing philosophy? Selfishness is the driving force of life and if you hate on people for it you probably don't like yourself that much and envy people who do.
wow that's a bit rude if I'd say so (and not to me, rather to these celebs)...you can't just "fuck everybody else" and have a successful career...ever heard of the term networking? yeah its supposed to mean the opposite...Bill Gates would be nowhere if Steve Ballmer wasn't running MS today (and rest assure they weren't "friends" when Gates started the company or when Ballmer joined - whichever position he started out as)...Tom Cruise would be nowhere if hadn't met the likes of Steven Spielberg, etc (and vice versa)...even today, Bill Gates can't just say "fuck Ballmer" and expect to remain at the top of the league...it takes a joint effort to succeed...and one person can ruin it all (I don't know the exact quote but it goes something like one dirty fish can make the whole lake stink)

Also these celebs have a "vision" which gets them where they are today...they don't "stab" (or in other terms, snitch) others to get where they are...yes, running a business can be cut-throat (due to the competition) but even then, everyone knows they are in it together...Microsoft maybe eternal rivals against Apple but even Microsoft knows they only exist due to them (Jobs/MS 1980's - you probably know what I mean)

p.s. I'd just like to mention there's a difference between grabbing an opportunity and "abusing" authority to destroy someone else's existence...and if people still don't feel any remorse when they do the latter...well then there's not a whole lot of difference between them and a cold-blooded murderer or serial killer who doesn't give a "rat's" (pun very much intended) ass about others

hope that makes sense

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Is that really true though? That these people did not step over others to get where they are? Plus these guys you mention would snitch in a heartbeat.

hope that makes sense
do you personally know any of these people that you can say that?

all I or you know is what we are "shown"...how true it is (or isn't), is open to discussion

besides there's a number of celebs who would indeed "snitch" on others (or so it seems anyways)...but then again, I, for one, don't want to be like them anyways

btw I would just like to add that I've totally enjoyed this discussion ever since I've popped in here (it seems like a much more sane discussion than earlier when it just seemed like mindless bashing from both sides)

if we could indeed continue this discussion in the current manner, I'd absolutely love to talk about this for a long long time :happy:

oh and for anyone who's probably thinking I'm a 50 year old who's overly preachy...well I'm just 22...I guess I just uphold myself to standards higher than expected (or so it seems anyways)...but I personally think it will just lead me to a better life and def. a more positive lifestyle...if it does indeed mean, I'll get cheated upon (hasn't happened so far but I can't predict the future so who knows) then so be it...I'll just take it as a cause of my actions and move on...I'm def. not changing "my beliefs" for some1 who doesn't agree with them though (and don't expect others to do any different either)

I guess I just enjoy talking about abstract concepts more than what seems to be mostly be the case around these parts

oh well...

pone44
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, Bill gates is my uncle. Exactly what I was saying to you, do you know these people? It depends on the situation really,not pride or principles all the time. I don't agree with throwing someone under the bus at all. Can't be so close minded. Not speaking to you kooltilthe or at anyone specifically.
Celebs have more to lose. It is about leverage.

all I or you know is what we are "shown"...how true it is (or isn't), is open to discussion

besides there's a number of celebs who would indeed "snitch" on others...but then again, I, for one, don't want to be like them anyways

Was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Bill gates is my uncle. Exactly what I was saying to you, do you know these people? It depends on the situation really,not pride or principles all the time. I don't agree with throwing someone under the bus at all. Can't be so close minded. Not speaking to you kooltilthe or at anyone specifically.
Celebs have more to lose. It is about leverage.

besides there's a number of celebs who would indeed "snitch" on others...but then again, I, for one, don't want to be like them anyways

Was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:
lol sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm (yeah I'm slow :P )

I'm glad you see my point though and I agree that everything is open to discussion (hence why I am loving this thread)...that said, a person shouldn't "compare" their morals with that of someone else (not even someone who's known for them like Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Dalai Lama, etc)

its my firm belief that if you keep "judging" your actions to others...you'll never reach the heights you could otherwise achieve...afterall, only unless you aim for the stars, can you reach the skies :happy:

or in other terms, you have to aim for the very top if you want to get even close...the lower you aim, even lower shall you achieve

p.s. I also agree that circumstances play a very significant role...there are times when one (or even me) may not be able to accept the punishment for their actions...in such scenarios, assuming the cause is genuine, I would at the very least be very grateful for whoever takes the blame for me and would most def. feel sorrow for my actions (and would perhaps atone by helping someone else - or even that person if I could)...either way, that's not "snitching" as I wouldn't be putting the blame on the other person...it would be a "mutual agreement" so to speak

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
@kooltilldend You sit on your computer and spam forums all day long. So excuse me if I don't take your opinion on this topic seriously. That's just how I feel, I have nothing against you.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
@kooltilldend You sit on your computer and spam forums all day long. So excuse me if I don't take your opinion on this topic seriously. That's just how I feel, I have nothing against you.

Sorry kool, looks like you have caught yourself an anal wart. Good luck wiping him off your ass...

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Sorry kool, looks like you have caught yourself an anal wart. Good luck wiping him off your ass... You sure you're not self projecting on me? I don't have people creating threads about me.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry kool, looks like you have caught yourself an anal wart. Good luck wiping him off your ass... You sure you're not self projecting on me? I don't have people creating threads about me.

As usual, you don't know anything. He's a friend and he did it as a joke.

From the Lounge:

chalice, you won't be happy with any religion that doesn't follow your own rules. You would make a great cult leader though. You could call it...let me think for a moment...oh, got it..."The Lounge". :lol:

BTW, thanks for taking the long ascent to "The Land of the North". I appreciate that you made that trek just to start a thread for me. It's actually been kinda fun. :P I've seen other threads that mention someone specifically that have not gone as well!

I was only joshing with you, man. Glad you thought it was fun.

I don't like it up there. At least you bring a little intelligence in that section.

Even if it is coma-inducing.

@Benny (continued) You've found a new ass to host you. I am sure you will make a good prop for kool as well. Just keep doing what you are doing. I am sure kool will be able to make you his bitch in no time.

pffm
11-11-2009, 09:39 PM
MGM, I see you are doing some new friends... :)

chalice
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM

I'll give you a chance to qualify that, mate.

It all depends on the 'doing' verb.

I'm all ears and chainsaws, like.

Rart
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM

What's wrong with it being intentional?

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
well I never expected you to take me seriously so no surprises there...there's an obvious difference between our thinking and more importantly, our ethics (or the lack of them depends on the perspective)

but hey...whatever floats your boat I say...

chalice
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM

What's wrong with it being intentional?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Apart from the fact that I'm a married man with 3 kids and MBM has got twins on the way.

It would seriously let our women down, like.

kooltilldend
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM

Sorry kool, looks like you have caught yourself an anal wart. Good luck wiping him off your ass...
heh no worries mate...I've seen my share of "ignorants" as well...perhaps I'll just get another added to my list (assuming I get a fancy little bitchy response for this which I'm sure I will :happy: )

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 10:08 PM
As usual, you don't know anything. He's a friend and he did it as a joke. Friends don't want to hurt your feelings, they will criticize you in a joking way, but that criticism should be taken seriously. I'm feeling nice, I bolded the important part for you. Are you really that slow? I can't imagine what would've happened to you if chalice was clear with you, even an indirect thread got you all worked up.
@Benny (continued) You've found a new ass to host you. I am sure you will make a good prop for kool as well. Just keep doing what you are doing. I am sure kool will be able to make you his bitch in no time. This proves my theory that dumb people befriend each other, stickup for each other, etc. No wonder social darwinism never worked.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Friends don't want to hurt your feelings, they will criticize you in a joking way, but that criticism should be taken seriously. I'm feeling nice, I bolded the important part for you. Are you really that slow? I can't imagine what would've happened to you if chalice was clear with you, even an indirect thread got you all worked up.
@Benny (continued) You've found a new ass to host you. I am sure you will make a good prop for kool as well. Just keep doing what you are doing. I am sure kool will be able to make you his bitch in no time. This proves my theory that dumb people befriend each other, stickup for each other, etc. No wonder social darwinism never worked.

You are the only guy I have ever come across that could get a "0" on a multiple choice test. You just don't have it in you to be correct, do you? :pinch:

chalice
11-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Btw, Rart, just cos you're all starstruck with your new orangey stars, don't get ahead of your little self and consider for a fucking moment that you're not still a n00b spastic.

I'll still chain-gun shite upon you when you post wank.

And then some. Even more so, in fact.

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 10:25 PM
You are the only guy I have ever come across that could get a "0" on a multiple choice test. You just don't have it in you to be correct, do you? I've never gotten a 0 on anything in my life. It must be intimidating for you to be talking to me though. Who would've thought, one phony philosophical post and some dude named Benjamin showed the world how dumb you really are. I can understand where you're coming from.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I've never gotten a 0 on anything in my life. It must be intimidating for you to be talking to me though. Who would've thought, one phony philosophical post and some dude named Benjamin showed the world how dumb you really are. I can understand where you're coming from.

Kid, you would not be intimidating (or even a stand-out) in a Special Olympics spelling bee.

Bad-Day
11-11-2009, 10:47 PM
LOL @ the snitch

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I've never gotten a 0 on anything in my life. It must be intimidating for you to be talking to me though. Who would've thought, one phony philosophical post and some dude named Benjamin showed the world how dumb you really are. I can understand where you're coming from. I am the spelling bee judge, you are the retarded speller. You spell the word wrong, and proceed to insult the judge. Now some of the other retarded kids might befriend you, but any outsider knows better.
LOL @ the snitch LOL @ The Portuguese dude who randomly posts a new english word he just learned.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I am the spelling bee judge, you are the retarded speller. You spell the word wrong, and proceed to insult the judge. Now some of the other retarded kids might befriend you, but any outsider knows better.
LOL @ the snitch LOL @ The Portuguese dude who randomly posts a new english word he just learned.

Was that a "comeback" in your mind/world? :blink: I am starting to believe that I am the only one who bothers to talk to you. And I have been tired of that for quite some time now.

You have proven yourself to be quite the capable little ankle biter and a worthy prop. Now run along...

pffm
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
chalice, I meant "making friends" not "doing friends", okey?

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM

Well, in that case, yes. :D

...and one very confused Chihuahua that won't quit humping my leg. I think it must have been kicked in the head a few times as it just keeps attempting to "comeback" no matter how many times I try to tell it to scram.

Benjamin
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Was that a "comeback" in your mind/world? :blink: I am starting to believe that I am the only one who bothers to talk to you. And I have been tired of that for quite some time now.

You have proven yourself to be quite the capable little ankle biter and a worthy prop. Now run along...

[/quote] I'm just trying to put it plain and simple for you to understand. I don't think in terms of insults/comebacks like you do, it's just me talking to someone who never had the opportunity to develop a fully functional mental process.

megabyteme
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Alright. No más. No más. I think we have had enough of each other. And perhaps have spammed this thread to its breaking point.

Truce.

Have fun with the rest of the discussion.:)

grow4dough
11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
positive actions, positive responses.

chalice
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM

That'll do me, mate.

Makes little difference.

See wot I dids there?

kooltilldend
11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Friends don't want to hurt your feelings, they will criticize you in a joking way, but that criticism should be taken seriously. I'm feeling nice, I bolded the important part for you. Are you really that slow? I can't imagine what would've happened to you if chalice was clear with you, even an indirect thread got you all worked up.
the only theory this proves is that retarded people tend to think others are the same...and we all know what you are by now :happy:

sez
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Mahatma Gandhi would be nobody today if it wasn't for his "philosophies"...Martin Luther King would be non-existent, etc etc...you could perhaps suggest all of these people are "stupid" that they cared more about "others" than about themselves (and not all the people they saved/helped were their "friends" since it was one of Gandhi's followers that killed him for e.g.)

lol,gandhi was a fuckin racist,he only cared about his kind.He constantly referred to black south africans as kafirs and animals in his time in apartheid SA.He was advocating that indians be treated better than the blacks so putting his name alongside MLK is kinda impolitic of you.

I've spared you the insults because this isn't an academic forum plus I don't think its right to rip someone apart over their education or the lack of for that matter.However I think you are kinda like asking for it when you try posting intelligently (and then lie) on a forum where most people clearly don't give a fuck about such things as your attempts at intellectual elitism.

P.S-And I think you guys have let this thing go too far that it kinda looks like a deliberate attempt to discredit benjamin.
He didn't say he'd snitch on anyone but rather co-operate with investigators if they asked him who his partners in crime were(you'd be an idiot to do 25 years given an option to distribute the years).

Snitching/playing the role of informer is a whole other issue though(hypothesis aside its a very complicated affair).I know of places where they'd shoot you if they knew you were talking to the cops.However I think its a cancer(more so in black neighborhoods) when multiple witness murders go unprosecuted due to lack of witnesses(get the irony?).Somebody loses a husband,a mother loses her only son,A little black girl gets orphaned yet nobody is strong enough to come forward and help right a wrong.

You know this is partly why its good to keep things on topic coz given the above scenario I think this snitch(of whom Benjamin is not) makes a hero and a better human being coz unlike y'all he at least has a sense of wrong and right.

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
the only theory this proves is that retarded people tend to think others are the same...and we all know what you are by now :happy:
You guys outta show Ben some more respect. After all he was saying what he believed in, and no1 should be criticized for speaking their mind.

The only thing he's guilty of is getting personal with Megabyteme, but to be fair they're both to be blamed for that.
I like both you guys(MGM and Benjamin) and I hope to see more of what you do best(intelligent discussions), and less personal insulting.

:cheers:

IdolEyes787
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
It's the bt section .It's been medically proven to erode brain cells.
Stay their to loong and watch whatt happins.

IdolEyes787
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Even Chalice comes off as a total twit there.

Sorry Chalice.

kooltilldend
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
lol,gandhi was a fuckin racist,he only cared about his kind.He constantly referred to black south africans as kafirs and animals in his time in apartheid SA.He was advocating that indians be treated better than the blacks so putting his name alongside MLK is kinda impolitic of you.

Gandhi was a racist because he cared about his kind when the Brits took over India and were exploiting the country to the maximum? Gandhi was a racist because he was supporting his kind when Indians were constantly abused in SA during his time there (unless the people were from nobility who he never supported anyways)...Gandhi was a racist because he divided India into two parts when Indians would've otherwise inevitably killed each other to no extent?

Really and how's he any different from MLK then who only "supposedly" cared for black people and marched to get equal rights for them against the whites (Gandhi wanted to give Indians their "own" country back)...really if you differentiate between them then you are just being a hypocrite

I've spared you the insults because this isn't an academic forum plus I don't think its right to rip someone apart over their education or the lack of for that matter.However I think you are kinda like asking for it when you try posting intelligently (and then lie) on a forum where most people clearly don't give a fuck about such things as your attempts at intellectual elitism.
Wow I must have missed the part where I asked for your advice over "anything"...just coz you aren't "insulting" me through curses, your statements don't exactly sound sweetened to me...oh and fyi I couldn't give a fuck about what you think...I thought that was pretty clear by now though (as you feel the same way)...so yeah, until you can "prove" my so-called lies...please go back to your little hole as you only make yourself look like a fool

And I think you guys have let this thing go too far that it kinda looks like a deliberate attempt to discredit benjamin.
He didn't say he'd snitch on anyone but rather co-operate with investigators if they asked him who his partners in crime were(you'd be an idiot to do 25 years given an option to distribute the years).

I didn't say a word against Benjamin so I'm not sure what you are talking about...hell my response was against KallieB and I was merely giving my opinions...just 'coz someone else decides to stick their nose into my posts isn't my problem...also I'm not too sure you understand the meaning of "snitching"...you don't "distribute" years when you rat someone...you throw all the blame on them and walk away unharmed...that's the sign of a guilty bastard (sorry for the language) so that's that

Snitching/playing the role of informer is a whole other issue though(hypothesis aside its a very complicated affair).I know of places where they'd shoot you if they knew you were talking to the cops.However I think its a cancer(more so in black neighborhoods) when multiple witness murders go unprosecuted due to lack of witnesses(get the irony?).Somebody loses a husband,a mother loses her only son,A little black girl gets orphaned yet nobody is strong enough to come forward and help right a wrong.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here...I said I was talking of "snitching" from the start so all of that is a moot point...yes, people keep their mouths shut so they can get away freely...to me they are no less of a coward than anyone who cheats on others (now do you get the irony?)...yes someone loses a child, wife, etc etc...but then the person who's getting snitched is losing someone too...clearly the "rat" doesn't care about them though as he cares about himself and just "himself"

You know this is partly why its good to keep things on topic coz given the above scenario I think this snitch(of whom Benjamin is not) makes a hero and a better human being coz unlike y'all he at least has a sense of wrong and right.
again I didn't say a word against Benjamin...is he a snitch? perhaps or perhaps not...quite frankly I don't know nor fucking care (yet you are as usual "bright" to assume I do)...that said, if someone does "snitch" on others (whoever it may be)...they'll never be a hero for me and are no more than a coward...they maybe "heroes" for you but that's "you" not fucking "me"

p.s. yes I'm pissed off since you are actually quite skilled at that so congrats to you on that ^^

@albo...I didn't say a word against him until he decided to pick on me...now I have nothing against anyone (esp. not against a person like him who I don't even know) but that said, I'm not taking crap from anyone...and that most def. includes him (and the guy I just responded to above)

cheers!

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
It's the bt section .It's been medically proven to erode brain cells.
Stay their to loong and watch whatt happins.
lol believe me I know.

@Kooltilldend, I didn't mean you in particular. What I said was directed at the others more than it was directed at you.

At the end of the day, besides the personal insults, Ben had a few good points regarding snitching and he should be given credit for being realistic.

I, individually, still wouldn't open my mouth when asked to snitch because I have strong beliefs against it, but I kinda understand why others would crack in certain circumstances... I still hate their guts, but I understand

At the end of the day the message is this: "If you can't take the heat get out the kitchen", meaning don't fukin commit crimes if you're not ready to take full responsibility for them------->

"Cause there ain't no such things as Half-way Crooks." (nice one huh?..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP0wsET8__Y)

Something Else
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Needs more Old-Geezer-Cunt-Apple IMHO

Barbarossa
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
What is all this shit, and why should I care? :angry:

Seriously, if you don't like a thread that's been going for about a week, just trash it or lock it, don't dump it here.

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
or move it back to the BT section

QPD
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
+1 Funkin'

I only know from stories about UK-T, and I belive it's a deeper problem than we know about it.It should have a little revenge, publicity, and money of course... It's obviously somebody wanted UK-T down, but Who? And Why? And this crap about database...anything can be recovered unless physically destroied. All coders have a call-back key somewhere in the program... UK will come back after a while...no worries.

PS. If police would do a search in my house...OMG !!!

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Btw babrbossa show some respect u fukin hump

After all he goes through dealing with the Bt section, he has to listen to your egoistic bullshit too?

Get the fuk outta here. Why don't you put yourself in his place and see how it feels being undermined by lowlifes like yourself. Wtf is your job here anyway? All you do is post shite all day, sit on your ass and criticize

Get a fukin life

Yo Idol you deserve more respect than this man.. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and put these losers in their place once in a while

Barbarossa
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
lolwut? :blink:

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
stop acting like you don't know

Something Else
11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Reported. :schnauz:

Albo Da Kid
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
That's what I wanna hear.

Do your job

Barbarossa
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL

Posting shite all day is the only reason for coming to this sorry place :dabs:

So what's going on then, in the wide world of filesharing...? :eat:

IdolEyes787
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
What is all this shit, and why should I care? :angry:

Seriously, if you don't like a thread that's been going for about a week, just trash it or lock it, don't dump it here.

I didn't "dump it here", I made an informed action based on experience while displaying some empathy towards anyone who was still interested in reading or posting mindless drivel.

Furthermore :pick one

You're not the boss of me.
Who died and made you Queen?
The twits involved are some of the few people you have shown any interest in being consistently active in posting on FST , so unless someone is really stepping out of line I'd like to encourage them to continue.

Reported. :schnauz:

Snitch

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and put these losers in their place once in a while

Good idea .ALBO STOP POSTING SHIT OR I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO BAN YOU !!!!

!

Skweeky
11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Has the little crazy fellow been looked at by a psychiatrist yet?

Schizophrenia ahoy.

brotherdoobie
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Has the little crazy fellow been looked at by a psychiatrist yet?

Schizophrenia ahoy.

They're too paranoid.

-doobs :unsure:

The_Martinator
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I have to LOL at where this thread has gone.

-nator

Cabalo
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
and this thread is sill alive.

-balo

IdolEyes787
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Or that Martin is able to feed himself.

- IE

The_Martinator
11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Or that Martin is able to feed himself.

- IE

I don't need food, just some oil.

-nator

IdolEyes787
11-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Run your hands through your hair then.:idunno:
If that doesn't provide enough( which I would find hard to believe ) then borrow some from Albo's personality.

-I

Albo Da Kid
11-13-2009, 04:36 PM
yea I'm real greasy.. like an Italian ginny

Albo Da Kid
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
like Skweeky's skin...owww I killed it

Albo Da Kid
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM
and soft like Idol's character...owwww forget aboud it

The_Martinator
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Run your hands through your hair then.:idunno:
If that doesn't provide enough( which I would find hard to believe ) then borrow some from Albo's personality.

-I

That's one of the reasons I shower allmost every day. And I have already done it today. :P

-r