PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 and newsleecher prob

JadeFox
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Lo all

Ever since installing windows 7 (clean install) a few of my downloads on newsleecher wont unrar because there 'damaged', but on closer inspection the problem is there named with .tmp at the end which is im guessing a temporary file but windows will not rename it with the .tmp extension.

Newsleecher doesnt reconise this, downloads all the par2 files, still cant fix but only when i click quick par manualy it tell me no fixing need, just rename. This is a real pain in the arse, is there something im doing wrong?

SonsOfLiberty
11-03-2009, 04:34 AM
Is your download drive your "Windows Installed Drive?"...

If so, you need to go to the NL folder, click properties, security and set permissions to allow all...exmaple: screenshot of my "new install", had some sort of "driver conflict so I said fuck and just reinstalled"

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2001/windows7ug.jpg

or alternatively you can do it the easy way: works for 7 to:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

I found out that in Windows 7, I never used Vista so it was new to me, but with RocketDock, everytime I got setup and I rebooted, it would revert back to the fresh install RocketDock, and then figured out to do like that above....nothing saves to you windows intall directory unless you specifically tell it to, or allow it by setting security details...

I have my DL drive as a whole different drive by itself, that way if I get a virus or testing a virus, it doesn't effect me one IOTA.

If it doesn't fix it, either reply back or PM incase I forget...

I've been running NL and Windows 7 since the RC together and NEVER have had that problem, I've had a glitching problem where it screws up, but I just delete my prefrences in the User folders, or raoming folder...but other than that, it's worked flawlessly.

JadeFox
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, my folders security options were identical to yours by default :/ unfortunatly its not fixed the problem. Its wierd, i dont think ive seen a .tmp file since win95?

I am also getting a lot of .sfv files, just a pain in the ass as it means just another file to delete everytime.

Oh yeah i get the newsleechr glitch alot, i have to delete the roaming folder and then put all my settings back in... Time consuming and unecessary :/

SonsOfLiberty
11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I used to get it the glitch were I had to delete the roaming folder, first happen when I got 7, but hasn't happened in MONTHS.

Move you download folder to a different drive.

Pause you downloads before you load you NZB, use the filter in your queue and delete what you don't want, sample, sfv, nfo, etc...I always delete the sample if I know it's good, and always, always pause all par2 files (except the first one), then they will download later if needed.

JadeFox
11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
K thx will do. Also i find whenever i use newsleecher on windows 7, windows explorer crashes instantly and will contiue to crash until shutdown or restart, anyone else getting this problem or is it just me, im 99% sure it newsleecher.

Hmm i cant for the life of me find where the filters are to stop sample, sfv's and nfo's i must have gone blind, serached for ages now?

Also ive found a page where temporary files should be downloaded to, its set as defualt and as a different folder to my regular/completed downloads yet i still see .tmp files !RAGE!!

SonsOfLiberty
11-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Completely remove it, and anything related to it and re-install.

Maybe try using the compatability part of 7 to run it under Vista or XP?

I haven't had any problems with NL in a long long time.