PDA

View Full Version : WAVE4 and XBOX Live questions :)

daveturner81
11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Hello there,

Really quick set of questions I hope you dont mind answering. I have the call of duty modern warfare 2 release and have the boot cd to play games without the check. As the scene release itself is verified and i burnt it which verified successfully, Then there is nothing wrong in playing it using this method? (I am not connecting to LIVE). MY other question revolves around live and I am sorry to ask something which has probably been asked alot, I have researched into it but want a clarification. I have not plugged my xbox into the network at all yet, If I were to get a live account or use my old one, If i delete my gamer profile which will show achievement dates before the game was released which MS could use to ban me, create a new account and only play and load games onto there after release date and then play online. Any games single player i play before release date I would play using a temp gamer profile which I would delete before re connecting to live.

Doing this there is a good chance my xbox will not get banned, Am I understanding this correctly?

Many many thanks
Dave

valetnin2007
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
hi, if you play online games beffore the release date, it's a major probability to get yourself a ban.
ialthough i your console is flagged by M$, sooner or later you will be banned

rememberfnk
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, although it may be too late for your mw2 question, if you arnt connected to live then you cannot get banned, aslong as you play a game that is before release date on a profile that is offline and this profile is deleted the next time you connect to live then you should be fine, although this may have changed with the next banning wave, there is more information in my post about the new ban wave, link it as soon as its up