PDA

View Full Version : Astraweb Slowdown ?

yann
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Have you been experiencing Astraweb server traffic slowing down for the last few days?

Tried the different servers, EU, USA, ssl or not.. and it seems sluggish, now running with 10 connetions to two continents to try to get speed I could easily reach with a free IPv6 test server. :(

edit : it could be on my end, since i have been using a new software firewall (PC Tools free one), but thought I would ask. No maintenance news posted at astraweb site.

j6796713
11-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Chances are good that you ISP provider throttled your connection. worst case scenerio they'll send you a letter in the mail regarding a limit on bandwith.

rippinitup4fun
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
No problems here....running full throttle and has been all day today and yesterday.

Try using different port(s) and/or SSL

yann
11-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks, guys, I have been experimenting with different servers, ports, SSL or not. :(

It could be an ISP thing, they have the stupid DPI boxes, but it's used mostly against bit torrent. Hope they don't turn agains newsgroups too.

EyeBaller
11-05-2009, 05:55 AM
No issues to report here. Downloading at full speed right now. 10 connections really sounds like a lot. Start with 2-3 and increase until your max speed. Also make sure any AV/FW is set to NOT scan nntp traffic.

yann
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Solved the problem, a test boot into my secondary boot opsys, all worked fine there, full speeds.

It was the PC Tools firewall, which was messing with Alt.Binz's traffic even with the app being fully allowed.

Ditched it, reboot and now happily dloading, full speeds with 4 connections as usual.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Ballz2TheWallz
11-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine has been slow in general, I use to download at a pretty solid 90+mbps but lately(past month or two) I've been topping out at about 5000-6000KBps.