PDA

View Full Version : V {1984} TV Series [2009]

mr. nails
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
reimaging everything now-a-days, huh? the pilot episode of the 1984 TV series V (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_%281984_TV_series%29) is out and it's quite intriguing. the pilot episode builds a lot of anticipation and i anxiously await the 2nd episode. lol, i only hope i get to see long tongues and rat eating.

hutchie
11-13-2009, 03:50 AM
When I saw the trailer for the old series and realized that it was a remake, I watched the original series so that I'd be able to compare (bad habit at times). The original series was really cool and even though there are already some differences in the remake, it seems like it'll be worth the watch...we'll have to wait and see. Maybe it won't be rats this time..maybe something more gross like frogs or something lol

SonsOfLiberty
11-13-2009, 06:28 AM
You do know they are only airing the 4 episodes and it won't return till the spring of next year if at all? It's got pretty shitty reviews form critics and non-critics alike...I thought it had premise, but it would be surprising they kept airing it.

mr. nails
11-13-2009, 03:48 PM
well, i was hoping for the best, but after watching the 2nd episode it's left me with disappointment. the 2nd episode didn't advance anything in the show. not the story, the action and/or any info @ all. the only info we get is that this girl (http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Stuff-Magazine-Photoshoot-laura-vandervoort-886304_1112_1502.jpg) is mildly cute.

SonsOfLiberty
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
She's hot, she used to be super girl on Smallville.

3RA1N1AC
11-15-2009, 05:54 AM
the new V series has no claws, no bite. sure the special effects and some of the actors are far more slick & realistic than in the original V. but what the original V had (and what the new V lacks) is the guts to clearly state a political/philosophical point of view and stick to it. the underlying messages of the new V are so ambiguous and wishy-washy (for fear of offending anyone in the audience?) that it fails to recreate the magic of the original V's star wars-like allegory ("nazis from outer space," basically).

i might be willing to overlook all of that if the new show didn't pretend to be V. but it does pretend to be V, which in essence is supposed to be a very opinionated political allegory, and so far it just comes across like an unconvincing impostor.

well. unless you buy into the fox news interpretation that "the aliens are obama, therefore obama intends to kill and eat all of us." which i dare say is kind of a desperate comparison and more of a libel than an allegory. i mean, give us something that's compelling to people who aren't loonies. that's not so much to ask.

Swift
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I didn't knew about this old version of the V's , but 3RA1N1AC say'd the 2009 V's are more sexy and more realistic .

sixstorm
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I like the new series, but it's a shame that there are only 4 episodes this year. Thanks Hollywood!

mr. nails
11-26-2009, 02:47 AM
well, i'm finally up to snuff with this series. it's advancing way to slow for my tastes. lol, it's selfish, but i want action and i want action now. not in 4 months.

LatinLover
11-28-2009, 02:48 AM
You do know they are only airing the 4 episodes and it won't return till the spring of next year if at all?

the guy who plays the reporter was on a morning radio show and said the show will be picked up and will return after the olympics. he also said that ABC was hoping V would pick up the slack after LOST goes off the air.

santyhijo
12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
the serie si spectacular, I like this serie, have inovation.

best
12-08-2009, 08:39 AM
i almost forgot about this tv show till i saw this post, i was waiting for this show. Thanks for reminding

mr. nails
05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
well, it took 6 months and it's finally progressing the story line. next weeks episode it seems the "V" will be attacking earth. 'bout damn time!