PDA

View Full Version : Friends...

brotherdoobie
11-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Two of my (dear) friends have let me down when I was counting on them.

It's not funny like on a sitcom. It's gross, hurtful, and fucking lame. Oh, it is a bit like a sitcom.

I need a smoke, shower, a lazy hand job on the edge of the tub that ends with a wry handshake, and weak knees.

I need a book, and softie me pillow, bitches. I want sleep.

Peace, brotherdoobie

megabyteme
11-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your "friends", doob. The last time I was let down by friends was when I was applying to grad school. Two guys who I never expected to let me down gave me mediocre references. It almost cost me admission. Luckily, the program director gave me another shot. I called in some quick favors from some people I had met as an undergrad- they both said, "What do you want me to write?" Big difference. I was admitted the next morning. It is so disappointing when someone lets you down. It is so comforting when someone comes through who you never even thought about.

Skweeky
11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Yup, it's harsh when that happens. We had the same a month ago or so when I was in hospital. Gem needed someone to watch Ben for 20 minutes so he could pop out to the shops (it was late, the wee one was already asleep). When he phoned our so called best friends, they said it was raining too hard and didn't feel like going out of the house. They literally live 2 minutes down the road.

Totti
11-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I was let allot by my "friends" and have since learned not to trust everybody. It might sound silly but a true friend always helps you out in time of need and friends like that are hard to come by.....

100%
11-06-2009, 09:13 PM
BD, i said i would help you out when i got a tv, chill ffs.
I did not let you down.

swizZ8
11-08-2009, 08:17 AM
thats life and its happening to everyone, hand job always helps a little bit :)

kooltilldend
11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
been there, seen that...happened just last year in college...then again, this Jan at work...

its a part and parcel of life now