PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do With A Piece Of Source Code?

james_bond_rulez
10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
so you have a piece of source code.

what can u do with it?

what program do you use to see the codes and can you compile the code to a program?

I always hear about the source code of a game gets stolen and this can be used to make cheats and such.

i wonder how they do it?

ultimatejester
10-09-2003, 09:54 PM
i am not a professional programmer but once you have a piece of code u can modify and add other features to a program and then u no everything abt that program. u can develop cheats for it later on cuz u no the code and u no how its gonna respond. sum times u no abt its weaknesses, thts y we get updates or that company releases a new version.

edit: lemme no if this helps you

The Kiler
10-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 October 2003 - 22:43
so you have a piece of source code.

what can u do with it?

what program do you use to see the codes and can you compile the code to a program?

I always hear about the source code of a game gets stolen and this can be used to make cheats and such.

i wonder how they do it?
A source code is basically the whole program. Without a source code there is no program. You compile your source code with a complier so anybody can execute it. Yes, you can add cheats to it, but due to advanced checksums, your cheats won't work on multiplayer. The source code could not be stolen unless someone physically forced it out or hacked into a computer with the source code.

Just go on google and find a compiler. The better the compiler, the less chance it will be hacked.