PDA

View Full Version : Newzbin vs nzbmatrix

baskinghobo
11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Why is newzbin considered the best? What are the differences between newzbin and nzbmatrix?

Rart
11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I prefer nzbmatrix, although some people apparently swear by Newzbin, I'm not sure why.

I've commented about it in this thread:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-newsgroups-79/t-whats-newzbin-like-sorta-interested-trying-it-373910

Basically theres crappy retention, multiple dupes, and you still have to pay a monthly fee.

Although there are other decent sites other than nzbmatrix as well.

topicaltapioca
11-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I swear by it. :whistling:

SonsOfLiberty
11-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I swear if I see one more thread about Newzbin I'm deleting the whole god damn forum.

Rart
11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I swear if I see one more thread about Newzbin I'm deleting the whole god damn forum.

:lol:

I think Newzbin took a page from the BT craze. They went invite only, and that generates tons of unnecessary hype. Just like BT. Well played, newzbin.

Skiz
11-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Why is newzbin considered the best? What are the differences between newzbin and nzbmatrix?

It isn't considered the best. At least not by anyone who knows what they're talking about.

Newzbin charges for the exact same NZB files which are freely available at numerous other sites. What more is there to know?

topicaltapioca
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
It isn't about charging for NZBs, it's about cleaning up, tidying, and packaging with a bow a very big mess.

Yes, there may be 5-50 reports of a specific file, but that's usenet, it's just being indexed by them as any other indexing service should do.

Newzbin sorts files as much as possible, 720p, 1080p, the source of the rip, DVD, telecine, Blu-ray, etc. as well as the current format of the file in an easy to search and sort setup.

Combining Newzbin with RSS tools, SABnzbd+, nzbdstatus/firefox gives an unbeatable amount of ease while not sacrificing a grain of functionality.

If you'd like to browse for files that aren't NZB'd up yet, you can specifically search raw usenet for files not already made into reports, point and click and hit NZB, it downloads it, nzbdstatus will ask if you want SABnzbd+ to handle it and if you want it to do so in the future and away you go.

Is the file out of newzbin retention? (Most binary content downloaded from usenet is from a very young file age.)

If it is out of retention, you can easily hit up to either do a search on a free index site and hope it's there, or go a bit further and do a raw search on one of the free site that offers such things.

Newzbin is for the individual who has an extra 13 bucks a year, yes.

Newzbin is easy, powerful and functional.

But calling it the best is far from, "not knowing what you're talking about".

It is an opinion, just like that is.

But belittling and trying to snuff out talk about it instead of giving it a try and giving specific reasons why you don't like it is...childish.

I HATE PIZZA BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE MONEY.

Why would anyone bother saying all this?

Flame away kiddies.

Rart
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I have "given it a try". Luckily, they have a feature that lets me preview their content before I pay for it, or else I really may have fallen for the hype.

I prefer user indexed sites simply because they are easier to navigate: why should I be swimming through dupes when one copy of a file, as long as it isn't nuked, is perfectly fine?

And I found the content to be less than spectacular as well. I did a couple test searches of "older", but certainly not obscure files (survivor album, leftoverture, gilmore girls). All of them were on nzbmatrix/merlins portal, but nonexistent on newzbin. Why should I pay for poorer service?

captive
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM

do it|do it|do it :whistling:whistling

topicaltapioca
11-09-2009, 05:30 PM

do it|do it|do it :whistling:whistling

Seriously, just do it.

Skiz
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
You don't need to try and break it all down for me. I've had a Newzbin subscription; I know what it is and how it works.

It isn't about charging for NZBs, it's about cleaning up, tidying, and packaging with a bow a very big mess.

Yes, there may be 5-50 reports of a specific file, but that's usenet, it's just being indexed by them as any other indexing service should do.

Newzbin sorts files as much as possible, 720p, 1080p, the source of the rip, DVD, telecine, Blu-ray, etc. as well as the current format of the file in an easy to search and sort setup.

I have never ever had the need the need have my files broken down like that. If I'm looking for a file, I search for it, being as specific as possible, just like I would search for something on Google. Last night I wanted to download the newest Dexter, so I went to a search engine and found it quite simply (http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=dexter+720+&age=&max=25&sort=agedesc&minsize=&maxsize=&poster=&nfo=&hidespam=0&hidespam=1&more=0). And for free. And faster. I just don't see the "very big mess".

Combining Newzbin with RSS tools, SABnzbd+, nzbdstatus/firefox gives an unbeatable amount of ease while not sacrificing a grain of functionality.

How is it "unbeatable". Are there any NZB search engines that don't offer RSS? I've used Newzbin in the past and found it to be shit. I've used SABnzbd in the past and found it's interface to be shit. But amazingly enough, without using either of those I am still able to use Usenet, with preset RSS feeds to download, repair, and extract anything I want without having to press a button. It really isn't anything new or unique.

Newzbin is for the individual who has an extra 13 bucks a year, yes. Newzbin is easy, powerful and functional. But calling it the best is far from, "not knowing what you're talking about". It is an opinion, just like that is.

I never said there was anything wrong with the service other than it's a pay service. If it were 100% free I would likely have a a bookmark for it next to my MerlinsPortal bookmark as something to fall back on.

As it is, I am able to find every single file available on Usenet that a user can find on Newzbin, only I do it for free, have more selection, and have access to it first. There really is no comparison.

Turtles
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I've used a combination of free nzb sites, Newzbin and NZB Matrix and now just use nzbmatrix.