PDA

View Full Version : Unifninshed files

baskinghobo
11-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I was download modern warfare 2 and it had up to 72 parts to finish or something but i had to shutdown the computer. I reopened newsleecher and it prompted me to redownload everything. anyway around this?

iLOVENZB
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Ehh delete the parts you already downloaded?

Go to your download dir and see what files are there, then delete them files from the queue.

baskinghobo
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Ehh delete the parts you already downloaded?

Go to your download dir and see what files are there, then delete them files from the queue.

Except i had my temp file located there so i cant tell which files are completed and which files are uncompleted.

So there were about 63 files that had icons (assuming it's completed) and the rest had no icons (assuming its uncompleted) and i finished download 1 files called part 27 and it had no icons so i cannot tell if the files are completed or not.

iLOVENZB
11-12-2009, 10:59 AM
So your temp folder is the same as your completed?, Well now you know for next time :P

Download the par2 file and then open it (with QuickPar). QuickPar tells you what parts are incomplete, missing or complete.

c0ld
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
use a decent newsreader.

SonsOfLiberty
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Umm Newsleecher is, don't come spouting use a decent news reader 'cause that's not the problem at all, how does that comment help the OP at all???????

Newsleecher specifically says leave the temp folder where it's already set....if you had to do a hard boot or hard reset, this explains whey NL didn't save the stuff in your queue, but just drop the par2 in NL and it will tell you want you need and what you dont'. Quick example of what I mean, not a just grabbed a few nzb really quick to show a screenshot of what's there and what's not, if you check those boxes in repair and extract NL will tell you everything you need to know.

c0ld
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
how does that comment help the OP at all???????
I think mine was the most helpful ITT.

Except i had my temp file located there so i cant tell which files are completed and which files are uncompleted.
You're telling me that NL names all of its temp files exactly the same as the finished files? How retarded.

SonsOfLiberty
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
He's saying he use his temp folder as the same as his download folder.

Just because you think SAB is far superior that necessarly does not mean everyone else likes (I like it, but don't use it as my main client). Using another client would not elevate his problem, he shut down his computer without saving his data, plain and simple.

And no NL doesn't name the temp files the same. It names them 0019 0020 etc..and no extensions, there probably not his temp files at all but rather the rar files he's actually downloaded, NL doesn't delete them till there extracted.

Also if he was download to the drive that Windows7 or Vista is located on/ or his download folder is in is program files, you have to have admin prives, and it won't save data there unless you give it permissions.