PDA

View Full Version : Missing Files

Manfonse
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I am using Giganews Unlimited Plan. I keep getting missing files, such as south park, family guy, V the series and i just got The Thing 1080P HDDVDx264. It was almost 9GB, when it completed it ran through quickpar and is says i need 576 more blocks. Same for south park etc, says I need 34 more blocks etc. Anyone any idea whats goin on? It never used to be as bad as this.

I am using GrabIT as my reader, connected to Giganews and my speed is 50MB broadband.

c0ld
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Completion issues are pretty rare on giganews, but giganews' servers are not the only factor that effect completion. It could be the uploaders ISP/national network, the uploaders usenet provider, or any provider the files propagate through before they reach giganews. I suspect as more and more uploaders shy away from giganews because of their prices and deletion practices, their completion percentage will drop too, as most of their files will be second-hand.

SonsOfLiberty
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I've alredy replied to this person in 4 different threads about this.

It's one Giganews or Grabit....I've downlaoded the same TV shows the OP has using Astraweb and Newsleecher and absoulty no trouble, and it's not shitty uploads, it's the teevee posts the op is having issues with, and mainly shitty grabit.

mesaman
11-12-2009, 09:00 PM
The combination of GrabIt and those partial DMCA takedowns on Giganews is deadly.

Skiz
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I doubt it's Giganews. South Park, Family Guy, and V are al;l shows I watch as well and I'm not having problems.

Could you link us to the exact releases you grabbed? And have you tried another client? Try another free one real quick like Alt.Binz and see if you have the same issue.

SonsOfLiberty
11-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Skiz, they were the treads I replied in, it was last night SP, this weeks V 720p and last weeks family guys, and also, The Thing...

Just got a PM it was shitty grabit :)