PDA

View Full Version : Sinusitis

Biggles
11-12-2009, 07:28 PM
The last two weeks I have mostly been discovering that sinusitis hurts like fuck - blessed be Alexander Fleming

......that is all.

Skweeky
11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
You know, when I was little I always had infections in my nose and ear, until they operated and removed my adenoids. I've had the occasional cold, but I never again had an ear or nose infection.
Strange that eh.

Totti
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I also suffer from it :( i get migrations blahhhh and can't smell a thing fucking hate it!

Skweeky
11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Can't you cut the things out?

weenden
11-12-2009, 09:43 PM
warm salt water up your nose cleans and clears the sinus i had it and it aint fun

QPD
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
nevermind

brotherdoobie
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
You know, when I was little I always had infections in my nose and ear, until they operated and removed my adenoids. I've had the occasional cold, but I never again had an ear or nose infection.
Strange that eh.

I've suffered numerous infections of the ear and nose throughout my life.
I get horrific earaches and sore throats. My family doctor has never mentioned this procedure.

WTF, like?

It sounds like it worked out wonderfully for you. I'm googling this procedure now.

Thanks, Skweeks.

-doobs :happy:

clocker
11-12-2009, 11:59 PM
warm salt water up your nose cleans and clears the sinus
So we weren't torturing the detainees we waterboarded, just treating them for a medical condition?
Dick Cheney will be pissed.

Skweeky
11-13-2009, 04:53 AM
That may be because adults don't actually have adenoids...

Soz doobs...

brotherdoobie
11-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Oh...that's prolly the reason.

-doobs :blushing:

brotherdoobie
11-13-2009, 05:57 AM
How are you feeling, Les? I hope better. Have you sipped on something hot and with a wee bit of grain?

Get some rest.

-doobs

Barbarossa
11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I had my adenoids out as a youngling also, because I used to get horrible ear infections.

I did used to get sinusitis alot, but a couple of years ago I had an operation to widen my nasal cavities (or something) and I don't get it anymore. :01:

The operation was pretty gross though, and the recovery wasn't nice. I had to sleep at a 45 degree angle for 2 weeks in case I got nosebleeds in the night.

QPD
11-13-2009, 06:42 PM
nevermind

JPaul
11-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Speaking about ears and stuff I had a thing called viral labyrinthitis. It was a cunt to the max and there is fuck all that can be done about it. I have subsequently spoken to a few people who the same thing happened to, everyone thought that their tea was out. True story.

Your labyrinth is an integral part of your whole balance thing and if one is fucked your brain gets conflicting signals from each ear causing the most horrible spinning sensation you can imagine. The only thing you can do is suffer through it until your brain learns to sort it out. Not doing anything to help the symptoms is the best thing because it forces the brain into sorting it's shit out. The Doctor gives you anti nausea drugs with the instruction not to take them, quality.

Imagine the room spinning thing you used to get when you were a young drunk. Imagine the feeling after coming off a waltzer and you feel really sick. Add the two together. It really is a major cunt.

QPD
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
nevermind

JPaul
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Speaking about ears and stuff I had a thing called viral labyrinthitis. It was a cunt to the max and there is fuck all that can be done about it. I have subsequently spoken to a few people who the same thing happened to, everyone thought that their tea was out. True story.

Your labyrinth is an integral part of your whole balance thing and if one is fucked your brain gets conflicting signals from each ear causing the most horrible spinning sensation you can imagine. The only thing you can do is suffer through it until your brain learns to sort it out. Not doing anything to help the symptoms is the best thing because it forces the brain into sorting it's shit out. The Doctor gives you anti nausea drugs with the instruction not to take them, quality.

Imagine the room spinning thing you used to get when you were a young drunk. Imagine the feeling after coming off a waltzer and you feel really sick. Add the two together. It really is a major cunt.

I don't know how the doctors are there, but you might have a morbid state of health that entertain your infection.It's hard for me to belive there is nothing you can actually do.And yes, I am a doctor.

OK Doctor boy, tell me what you can do about a viral infection of the labyrinth.

QPD
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
nevermind

JPaul
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
If you know it's viral it means you already performed a few tests on it.I have to know a little more before jumping to any conclusion.

What virus is incriminated?
Is it sistemic? (might be a morbid state)
Did you try any medication, and if yes; what drugs.
How long ago did it start?

Use PM for privacy

Of course I know it's viral. I called it viral labyrinthitis in the first post I made.

What do you mean "What virus is incriminated?" that's irrelevant for the condition.

"sistemic" isn't a word. "Systemic" is.

I already said the only drugs were to prevent nausea but Doctor's orders were to avoid them, for the reasons as stated earlier.

How long ago it started is also irrelevant.

Clearly the word "Doctor" means something different in your country than it does in mine. We don't take it as being a synonym for moran.

QPD
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I was trying to help you, as beeing an infectionist in pulmonary area af study...
1.The type of virus is very important, because the two major branches are based on DNA or RNA replication, therefore the medication that slows the process is different.Anyhow I bet it is CMV or EB8...

2.And they are probably systemic ( sorry for my english , I bet again english is the only language you speak/write).

3.Drugs preventing nausea ( probably some scopolamine synthetic ) are only hepling with the simptoms, not cure/eradicate the cause.It;s like having a broken bone and I pump you morphine.You won't feel a damn thing, but what you really needed was an imobilization bandage...

4 How long ago was important in order to establish how many years/months you had it, and what other diseases/conditions might have been hidden beneath it.

You didn;t take me serious, I wonn't take you either from now on.

Be safe!

JPaul
11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I was trying to help you, as beeing an infectionist in pulmonary area af study...
1.The type of virus is very important, because the two major branches are based on DNA or RNA replication, therefore the medication that slows the process is different.Anyhow I bet it is CMV or EB8...

2.And they are probably systemic ( sorry for my english , I bet again english is the only language you speak/write).

3.Drugs preventing nausea ( probably some scopolamine synthetic ) are only hepling with the simptoms, not cure/eradicate the cause.It;s like having a broken bone and I pump you morphine.You won't feel a damn thing, but what you really needed was an imobilization bandage...

4 How long ago was important in order to establish how many years/months you had it, and what other diseases/conditions might have been hidden beneath it.

You didn;t take me serious, I wonn't take you either from now on.

Be safe!

Was there something in my post which suggested I wanted help from some cawk on the internet. I think not.

Forgive me for this, but the actual real medical Doctor who diagnosed my condition and told me how I was going to deal with it is the person I listened to. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in listening to a fucking idiot in the lounge of a bittorrent invite sharing forum. Is that a bit harsh.

Your questions are nothing short of idiotic and have absolutely nothing to do with the condition. Google may be a great thing but for fuck sake don't pretend you are a Doctor based on it.

QPD
11-13-2009, 11:34 PM
The only idiot is your doctor! And the only victim is you.

The end.

JPaul
11-13-2009, 11:39 PM
The only idiot is your doctor.
the end

:lol:

That is the only acceptable reply you could possibly have made. Chapeau.

Quality mentalism btw, it's to your credit.

JPaul
11-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Unlucky with the busyedit btw.

Biggles
11-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Internets arguments FTW :01:

I am feeling a tad better now and I shall be good and take my anti biotic course through to the end.

Snee
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
The last two weeks I have mostly been discovering that sinusitis hurts like fuck - blessed be Alexander Fleming

......that is all.

Stand on your head. It'll feel awesome :sly:

Biggles
11-14-2009, 11:21 AM

......that is all.

Stand on your head. It'll feel awesome :sly:

I think the word awesome has had its definition changed when I wasn't looking. Even lying down was shit.

Snee
11-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I had something like it maybe a decade ago.

My mum was all like "how does it feel when you bend over so your head is upside down, cos when I had something like that...". Don't really remember the rest, cos at that point I was busy regretting trying to check so I could answer the question.

Biggles
11-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I had something like it maybe a decade ago.

My mum was all like "how does it feel when you bend over so your head is upside down, cos when I had something like that...". Don't really remember the rest, cos at that point I was busy regretting trying to check so I could answer the question.

Now your Mum sounds awesome

:sneaky:

Skweeky
11-14-2009, 05:54 PM
That sounds like something Mouldy would say. :unsure:

Biggles
11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
That sounds like something Mouldy would say. :unsure:

True, but my meaning is quite, quite different.

Barbarossa
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I had my adenoids out as a youngling also, because I used to get horrible ear infections.

I did used to get sinusitis alot, but a couple of years ago I had an operation to widen my nasal cavities (or something) and I don't get it anymore. :01:

The operation was pretty gross though, and the recovery wasn't nice. I had to sleep at a 45 degree angle for 2 weeks in case I got nosebleeds in the night.

That is the kind of morbidity I was talking about.I have to do the surgery someday, but i am afraid.Surgery is the only thing that removes the cause of sinusitis.

I really think you probably shouldn't be allowed with a scalpel anywhere near vulnerable people :unsure:

clocker
11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I really think you probably shouldn't be allowed with a scalpel anywhere near vulnerable people :unsure:
But feel free to hack away at the invulnerable...by definition, they can take it.

anoneemuse
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
http://samui.50megs.com/icecream.jpg

QPD
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
That is the kind of morbidity I was talking about.I have to do the surgery someday, but i am afraid.Surgery is the only thing that removes the cause of sinusitis.

With a drill,,,:ermm:

Afronaut
11-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Thank you very much. A quality conversation a'la internets.

I needed to find this.

:afro:

Biggles
12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I am feeling a bit better btw - talk of scalpels can do that apparently :unsure:

eram
12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
worst patients are the patients who google shit and think they graduated now . may they burn in hell

Barbarossa
12-03-2009, 11:45 AM
:eyebrows:

eram
12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
excuse my english but they are really annoying.google makes every patient feel that they are close to death

Skweeky
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
And you are a medical student, oui?

eram
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
not anymore iīm not

Skweeky
12-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Does that mean you gave up or you are now a doctor?

eram
12-03-2009, 09:00 PM
:blushing:

Skweeky
12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Well? Out with it!

Biggles
12-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Well? Out with it!

She says that to Mouldy all the time. :naughty:

brotherdoobie
12-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Well? Out with it!

She says that to Mouldy all the time. :naughty:

He's too good to show his cawk these days. He thinks he's in love.
Poor lad.

-doobs :(

Skweeky
12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Mouldy is in love? Awwwwwww!

eram
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
There is no cure for that kind of thing. Thatīs good though, right?

brotherdoobie
12-04-2009, 09:10 AM
He won't admit it. He's too proud for that. But he's in love.

-doobs

Skweeky
12-04-2009, 10:12 AM
You mean he's been shagging that same burd for months now? It must be love.

brotherdoobie
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
You mean he's been shagging that same burd for months now? It must be love.

Mulder's love life is like poetry... a big, pink, hard, sticky poem, like.

-doobs