PDA

View Full Version : why people use ovh for files sharing,not illegal ?

tomee
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Hello,

im still new to the eara and want to build a website.i have some questions want to ask.

1. for bt file sharing,i think most part of those have copyright issue,it may include movie,software,...etc,
why so many people put the files on ovh server ?
it is becuase euro's law do not dis-allow it ? or why ?

2. i want to build a forum to talk and share movie,software,...etc,
so,i want to buy a shared hosting server to put my forum,
and buy seedbox to put the files.

about my forum to share movie,software,...etc,
is it ok?

hope someone can give me suggestion.

thanks

Zita
11-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Those are questions that you should probably discuss with an attorney if you want to be certain of getting accurate info.

sez
11-14-2009, 07:42 AM
^^ :lol:

Valoo
11-21-2009, 02:32 PM
1. It's not because the law disallows something that people can't do it ^^ A provider doesn't have to watch his customers activities in most countries. So the only way to be illegal.. it's if a complaint is made against you. And in fact on private trackers (mostly used by seedbox users), you don't have any problem unless some exceptions (like CAM on TL for ex)

2. It's also illegal in most countries, but some of them are more "relax". It's advised to take a server in a more "offshore" place like NL, East Europe (Ukraine, Romania..) or Asia (Malaysia, Singapore..) for warez links forum. Directly with the hosting company or by resellers. If you plan to build a big forum and security is a priority (and have the money), be paranoid, choose an "offshore" registrar, use fake ID, use proxy for all things, pay with a middle man or offshore e-currency etc.). Some resellers allows that.

$SnoopDo2G$
11-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Stay Away from ovh if you are using it to share content on a site using your own ID
to buy services since they gonna check on you first. sending you a mail at home to confirm that you haven't lied n stuff...

But whatever you better get an offshore host like Valoo said... ;)